Search:

SIYE Time:15:26 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Things I Do
By The Satin Angel

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 3
Summary: There are many things I am willing to do in order to help my friends. But sometimes things go too far...
Hitcount: Story Total: 3289







ChapterPrinter


The Things I Do

It was early evening and I was curled up in my favorite chair by the fire, writing my History of Magic essay (Name eight goblins in the late 1800’s who demanded to be on the Wizengamnot, and how they contributed to the inspection of Goblin welfare). I wasn’t getting anywhere fast, and it was exceedingly frustrating. It also didn’t help that every so often I had to hear a soft giggle next to me that came from Hermione and Ron cuddled up together in a winged back chair. I hated to watch them together because it made my heart ache for…well…let’s not get into that.

It was common knowledge throughout Gryffindor House that Ron and Hermione were a couple. The only person who remained oblivious was Harry. Both of them hated to keep a secret this big from their best friend, but they decided that it was best, since nowadays you never knew how he would react. Plus, he just didn’t need that added stress factor.

I was happy for my brother, and exceeding glad that Hermione and Ron had finally found each other. It was about time. The only problem was that they had to be careful around Harry. Right now was a rare moment of peace because Harry was away in detention with Snape, and he would probably be gone for awhile, so Ron and Hermione were making the best of it.

I sighed and leaned back, intending to work some more on my homework.

I had gotten about halfway, an hour later, when the portrait hole opened. Out of habit I looked up to see who it was, and froze. Harry walked in looking worn and tired.

I shot a quick glance toward Ron and Hermione to see where they were, and was astonished to see that they had no idea that they were going to have an unwelcome visitor soon. I hissed out of the corner of my mouth, trying to warn them, but they were in their own little world.

Harry had started to walk forward, and I jumped up, hoping to be able to distract Harry long enough for Ron and Hermione to separate. Or maybe someone else in the common room would figure out what was going on and warn them. I practically ran over Harry and stood in front of him, blocking his path.

“Harry! Hi!” I said a little too excitedly, making me seem like a crazed little kid to a dedicated hero. Which of course I used to be, but let’s not talk about that either...

Harry looked up from his dejected gaze of the floor and gave me a confused but genuine smile. “Hi Ginny.”

'Oh, be still my beating heart', I though as my heart melted at his smile. But now was definitely not the time for that. I had the feeling that there were people who knew exactly what was going on and weren’t doing anything about it. In fact they were probably laughing over my predicament right now.

“So…” I said, searching my brain frantically for a subject to talk about.

“So what?” Harry had a politely puzzled expression on his face. I mean it’s not like I talk to the guy all the time, and I’m sure my sudden enthusiasm perplexed him.

“So…umm…how…how was detention?” I asked, resisting the urge to hit myself on the forehead for asking such a stupid question.

“It was fine…” Harry answered slowly, arching an eyebrow. He started to walk around me, but I positioned myself in front of him. He was going to start looking around for his friends soon, and would be unpleasantly surprised.

“I…uh…well, Snape let you out early,” I said, begging him in my mind not to move.

“Yeah, he said he had other important stuff to do,” Harry said darkly, reaching down to drop his bag on the floor.

I sneaked a glance at Ron and Hermione, but the chair was facing away from me so I couldn’t see them. I couldn’t hold Harry off forever and Ron and Hermione were going to owe me big time. I checked to see that Harry was still busy before I turned around and waved frantically at Dean or Seamus to do something, but they just smiled and waved back.

Harry straightened up and made to walk away. I had to stop him now, or he would turn around any minute and see his two best friends cuddled up together by the fire. I had to do something. Now.

“Harry!” I called. He stopped and turned around to face me. Impulsively, I reached up and pulled him down to my level and kissed him.

An electric shock rushed through me, like I had never experienced before. It was incredible and sweet at the same time. But the best part was that Harry was kissing back, and not pulling away in disgust.

A few seconds later I pulled away, deeply stunned at myself. I could feel the heat rising up to my ears and saw that Harry was blushing too.

I wanted to explain; to blame it on someone. So I looked to Hermione, prepared to lay it all on her and get the whole thing out. Except Hermione was on the other side of the common room, talking to Neville about some new Herbology book. And Ron was sitting calmly in the same armchair with his homework strewed all over the place.

My mouth dropped open.

Ron turned around and pretended to see Harry for the first time. “Harry! Good, you’re here. I need to copy your Transfiguration homework.” Harry didn’t move. And I was already plotting my revenge on my brother for making me look so stupid for his sake.

“Umm…. Ginny?” Harry asked, turning away from Ron to look at my brilliantly red face. “What was…I mean…well…what was that all about?” he asked, making me feel even worse than I already felt, if that was possible.

“Oh…um…I dunno. Ask Ron,” I mumbled before turning away, but Harry grabbed my wrist and spun me around to face him again.

There was the sound of someone clearing their throat and Harry and I turned around in unison. Ron was still sitting in his chair watching us with a bemused smile on his face. “You do realize that is my sister, don’t you Harry?” he asked.

Harry smirked and walked over to Ron, hitting him lightly on the shoulder.

I stood there for a minute, with a ridiculous expression on my face, just thinking about how much my world had just changed.

I went back over to my chair, and was getting ready to finish my essay, only to look up and find Harry watching me with a smile. I smiled back, and then hid behind my book to hide the grin that was sure to be stuck on my face forever…



A/N: This story is based off a one-shot by Nesserz, who inspired me to write this one from Ginny's POV rather than Hermione's. Hope you liked it!
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear