Search:

SIYE Time:23:05 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Final Confessions
By Rianna

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 19
Summary: During a late night of homework, Harry finally tells Hermione just what has been on his mind. Missing moment from HBP.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5240







ChapterPrinter


Hermione has been looking at Harry with that same knowing look she had the last month.

Merlin, Harry thought, I've only just fallen for Ginny and Hermione has already taken the hint!

She caught him so many times staring longingly at Ginny, laughing at her jokes, and smiling for no apparent reasons. Harry knew that she knew these signs. Because, as he had so long failed to mention, she did the same thing with Ron.

Tonight was by far the worst Harry had endured. Ginny, noticing Ron's absence, had taken his place next to Harry. He glanced at her every few seconds, feeling her warmth, and smelling the cinnamon and orange perfume that he had come to know at "the Ginny smell". Hermione glanced back and forth between them so often that once, Ginny looked up from her large Ancient Runes book and exclaimed "What is it, Hermione?". Hermione only smiled again and shrugged, but Harry could've sworn he saw her tilt her head just so in his direction. Ginny chose to disregard it, though, and went back to studying, with nothing to show for the outburst but her slightly annoyed look and the constant murmur Harry didn't understand.

At one point just before eight, the time Harry usually would be heading upstairs, he spilled ink all over himself, his Charms paper, and Ginny's robes. He jumped up, pulling out a napkin and rubbing repeatedly on the spot where the ink had spilled. Ginny looked at him with a look of slight awe, until she put one small hand over his rapidly moving one, which stopped it immediately.

"Harry" she said quietly, "you're hurting my thigh". Harry looked down to their hands, and withdrew his with lightning speed. Ginny let out a small giggle, and muttered a spell, cleaning up the entire mess and restoring his Charms paper.

"Thanks" he said, looking away so she wouldn't see the bright red of his cheeks.

"Don't think of it". He looked at Hermione, who was wearing the same grin.

***

It was nearing midnight, and Hermione, Harry and Ginny were the only people in the common room. Harry was still working on his Defense paper, which would have, under normal circumstances, been finished hours ago. Ginny was reading the lengthy bit of Muggle Studies she had for homework, and Hermione was working on a paper which she was writing so rapidly upon that Harry couldn't decipher the words. Harry was still holding his quill, but took the moment to look at Ginny. Her lips were parted slightly, revealing her tongue between her teeth as she bypassed sleep to read this challenging text. A few strands had escaped her ponytail, and were dangling in the most tantalizing manner in front of her face. Harry suddenly wished he had a camera. He wanted to save this moment forever.

Ginny slammed the book shut, bringing Harry out of his reverie.

"Done! I have no clue how a war called the 'Civil War' could be so un-civil."

Harry laughed slightly, and Hermione looked up.

"Merlin, Harry, you've barely written anything on your paper!" Ginny said. She stood over his shoulder, her body slightly pressed against his shoulder. He felt a sharp intake of breath as her smell began to fill him.

"This is basic stuff, Harry. Three signs of recognizing a Dementor. I thought you, of all people, would know that!" she said.

"I guess it's just an off day" he murmured.

Ginny packed up her bag and Harry silently cursed himself. Just an off day? Even I could've come up with something better than that!

"Good night, Harry" she said, walking towards the steps leading to the girls' dormitories. " 'Night, Hermione". Hermione nodded, and Harry waved. It was silent again, until they heard the far-off slam of Ginny's door.

"You make Ron look good!" Hermione said, with a slight mockery in her voice.

"Excuse me?" Harry said, though he knew exactly was she was talking about.

"I thought you could do better than that, Harry.’Just an off day'? That's low even for the standards of sixteen year old boys."

"What are you getting at?" he said.

"You're completely infatuated with her!" Hermione exclaimed. "I've been watching you, trailing after her, staring at her, smiling for no reason. I know those symptoms, Harry."

"Has the sudden absence of Ron driven you mad?" Harry asked. "How could I- I mean, she's Ron's-"

"Do you think that matters at all Harry?’She's Ron's sister!' So what?"

Harry looked down, feeling suddenly shameful for the way he'd been acting the past week.

"I'm sorry, Harry. But I know you'll just deny it to yourself if you deny it to me."

She was right, as always.

"Why should I be ashamed? She's beautiful! She's--amazing!"

"Exactly! The only thing you should be ashamed of it the fact that it took you so long to figure it out!"

Harry felt himself begin to laugh, despite the horrible regret that was inside.

"I'm glad you didn't try to say it wasn't true. Because then I may have had to curse you."

She smiled, but Harry knew what she was going to ask before she asked it.

"What do you plan on doing about it?"

"I've got a few ideas..."

***

Ginny stood at the top of the stairs, looking down at Harry and Hermione. She tried to make sense of the last five minutes she had experienced. She had forgotten her quill downstairs. She was going to get it before it was stolen the next morning. But just before stepping into view, something told her to stop. She stood for a moment, and heard Hermione say "infatuated with her!"

The rest of the conversation took place, and Ginny just stood there, feeling every ounce of her inhibitions flow through her, only to be caught by the lump in her throat. They couldn't be talking about her? But they were, and she slowly began to smile, and five years of longing and wanting and needing Harry Potter washed away. She ran back up the stairs and into her room. What was a few more weeks?
Reviews 19
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear