Search:

SIYE Time:9:50 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Prelude
By JLaLa

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 6
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Prequel to 'Timeline'. Voldemort is dead and now the true adventure
begins. Set from the fall of Voldemort to Molly's trip to the past. The story of
the Marauder Alliance, the weddings, the Potter children and the joining of the
Muggle and Wizarding World
Hitcount: Story Total: 3267







ChapterPrinter


All characters belong to J. K. Rowling

A/N: This is prequel to 'Timeline', one of my other fictions. I suggest that you read it before this story. The basic timeline begins from the defeat of Voldemort to Molly's trip to the past.

Some things will follow the HBP canon, some won't.

Prelude (Prologue)
By JLaLa

Russia

Dear Ginny,
I won't bug you with news of the war, I'm sure that you are reading about it in the Daily Prophet. Several of the Aurors have apparated to other parts of the world. As for Hermione, Ron and I, we have been stationed in the outskirts of Russia. It is winter, bitterly cold if you are outside so Hermione has made sure the tent is charmed to stay warm.

There is no sun here and for awhile you don't mind but afterwhile it begins to make you a little sad. So I try to imagine summer time at the Burrow, with everyone...with you. You know when it's sunset and the sky is painted that red color? That's the color of your hair, Gin. Do you mind if I call you that? I know that we've only gotten to be friends, for only awhile but I think the nickname suits you.

How is the end of your seventh year going? Have you decided what you want to do after this is over? Please write, I look forward to it.
Always,
Harry


Dear Harry,
Seventh years is going fine. I've spent most of my time at the Burrow lately. Hogwarts is more like an orphanage than school now. Many of the children that remain are those whose parents are stationed around the world. Everyday the owls come and we cringe when we see a Ministry owl because we know what this means. Another person gone, another child without a family. I can't help but look at the person it goes too.

The look on their faces is unbearable. Today, it was a little girl with big brown eyes and bushy hair, it reminded me of Hermione. She ran from the Great Hall clutching her letter to her chest. Her name is Lauren Halloway, she is a first year Ravenclaw and her whole family is dead including a six-month old little brother. Sometimes I can't bear it and find myself flooing to the Burrow in tears. Mum tells me that I have to be strong, she knows that it's in me to help these children.

I went back with a pack full of food the next day, and when it came time for lunch, I found Lauren. She was pale but accepted my company with a weak smile. We shared my pack and I got her smiling at the end of the day. I told her that if she needed me, all she had to do was sent me a message and I would be there.

I miss you. I guess it's just so hard to not see you, Hermione or Ron but I take comfort in knowing you are together. As for your question, I guess I would like to become something simple. I'd be happy having a family and being surrounded by children. I'd like a quiet life.

Yours,
Gin




Hey Gin,
It has been a grueling day and a very sad one. I am so tired and I'm very homesick. I miss your mother's cooking, Fred and George's pranks, and your smile. I like the idea of the simple life, a house in the middle of nowhere...

I suddenly feel warm all over despite the freezing climate and my heart beats faster. I look over to where Hermione and Ron are sleeping so peacefully. When this war is over I know they’ll be getting married and I’m happy because it give me a reason to keep fighting. But there is another reason--you. This war needs to end and I need to do it. I don’t want anything to happen to you; I’ve seen what this war has done to the people I know. It has turn young boys to grown men. It has made widows of many.

Ron is not the same boy who you’ve grown up with. He’s stronger and wiser. A lot of his own strategic planning has enabled us to capture many of the Death Eaters. Hermione who we have dubbed ‘Warrior Princess’ is not only strong mentally but physically. She trains harder than Ron and I. I guess to prove that she can be just a much as a fighter as both of us. Last night, we raided a Death Eater’s home and...Hermione killed one.

The one she killed was barely sixteen, a young boy with a freshly done Dark Mark on his arm. She cried for hours and not even the whispers of your brother could comfort her. I don’t wish that on you Ginny. Now comes that hard part...

I am in love with you, Ginny. I just wanted you to know that and to keep thinking of it while I’m gone. When the end of this war begins, I want you to be waiting for me if you'll have me, that is.
Harry



O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

H arry emerged from the tent. It was an early morning and amazingly over the snowy hill, he could see the sun beginning to rise. It was the first sunrise he had seen in weeks. He wrapped his heavy coat around him and began to wonder about the letter he had sent to Ginny.

Ginny...he had been in love with her since the summer before his seventh year. She hadn't paid any attention except for some brotherly affection. But her letter seemed to be conveying so much more than what had been written and he hoped that maybe she felt the same way. So he took a chance.

He saw that the sun was begging to come over the white hill. He squinted his eyes and for a moment he thought that he saw someone climbing over the hill. Someone short with fiery red hair resembling a sunset-

“Ginny?” he shouted from where he stood. Ginny stopped short and saw Harry standing outside wrapped in a heavy coat. She was freezing but the sight of him made her warm all over and suddenly her bag was on the ground. Ginny rushed down the hill and into his arms. “What are you doing here?”

“I had to tell you something,” she said breathlessly. “I love you.”

He looked into her chocolate eyes and smiled in spite of the fact that he should be angry at her. But he couldn't. His insides were doing some sort of Conga dance and he had missed her so much. “I know but you love everyone.”

“I'm in love with you,” Ginny said, her eyes suddenly serious. “Not for being 'The Boy Who Lived' or saving my life in the Chamber but for just being plain old Harry Potter”.

He wrapped his coat around her so that he could feel her near him just to prove she was real. Harry looked down at her and Ginny knew that everything he wrote was true. He lowered his head and he was so close that she could see every lash surrounding his emerald colored eyes--

“Ginny!” Hermione said as she emerged from the tent. Ron followed tiredly but his eyes widened as he saw his sister in the arms of his best friend. Harry looked at his best friend trying to contemplate what he thought.

“Before you say anything BOTH OF YOU,” Ginny said. “I'm not leaving.”

There was a moment of silence.


“I just hope you're a better cook than Hermione,” Ron said Hermione blanched. “But it also good that you're here, Gin. I missed you.” She ran into his arms also. Her brother grown these past months. He had learned to accept her as just one of them. He
led her into their tent. “Welcome to our humble home.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
It was finally over. After she run away to join them Ginny began to travel with them that day. They had searched everywhere that people had claimed to see a sign of Death Eaters. They had been to Sicily, Peru, Cambodia when they had finally gone a true sighting.

Only hours ago, Harry and Ginny had stood together facing Voldemort. He had decided to act in the most unlikely places, muggle London on a warm summer’s night. An explosion from a supposedly abandoned building had rocked the city sending the people into panic. Even more surprise was the apperance of Voldemort, darkest wizard known, followed by the young man with the burning scar on his forehead and the diminutive red head woman appearing out of the nowhere.

Voldemort had been weakened by the destruction of the Horcruxes, the only thing he had was his fury at being almost mortal. With his wand, he threw spell after spell at both of them. They had dodge them quickly and easily. The streets, which were once crowded with cars, were now empty. The sudden explosion from the empty building surprised many drivers. The cars were strewn on the sidewalk as people watched the action in the streets.

Ginny was suddenly thrown against the wall, a crowd of Muggles rushed over to her. She was dizzy but she was okay. Two women helped her up, one a middle-aged woman and another woman in her mid-twenties, and she gave them a brief nod of thanks as she walked over to where Voldemort and Harry were dueling.

Harry was exhausted but he could hear Voldemort pushing through his mind. ‘I will never leave Potter,’ he hissed into Harry’s tired mind. ‘I’ll never leave her mind either. She’s mine.’ It was the one thought that brought him back.

“No, I will never be yours,” Ginny said from behind him. Voldemort looked at her with a ghost of a smile and Harry looked at her. Her eyes were dark and blazing fearlessly. “I can read your mind too. Harry has taught me well, don’t you think?” She approached him until she was standing not even an arm’s length from the wizard. “To belong to someone, you need for them to love you. That’s what you’ll never know.”

Voldemort suddenly came towards her, wand in his hands and red eyes glowing with rage and she knew that she was going to die, her eyes widened in fear. “AVADA KED--” He stumbled backwards and gasped. Harry suddenly rose from he was to see that Ginny had stabbed him, a long sword stuck upright in his chest. He walked towards her to see the Sorting Hat in her hands. Ginny’s eyes were wide in realization of what she had done.

“The sword is the last Horcrux, Harry,” she said in a gasping breath as tears fell from her eyes. “Voldemort used it to kill one of the last Godric Gryffindor descendents...your grandfather. Last night, Fawkes came to the tent with the hat and a note from Dumbledore urging someone to do research on the Godric’s family tree. Hermione and I found it this morning--”

“You think you’ve won but at the end of the day, everyone that you love is gone,” Voldemort said from where he laid gasping. Harry looked at him hatred in his eyes. This was the monster who killed his parents and he realized how much hate he had come to know.

The street had gone dead silent.

He raised his wand and felt Ginny slide close to him, clasping her small over his trembling hand. Harry looked into her eyes and saw her love for him shining inside them.

Harry had come to know what true hatred was.

But he had also known love.

Images flashed in his mind. Hermione and Ron, his devoted friends...the Weasleys, who had always treated him like family, his parents who died to save him and Ginny, who had loved him before he even laid eyes on her...Harry felt stronger than ever.

“AVADA KEDAVRA!” he said and closed his eyes because of the blinding green light. Beside him, Ginny was shaking as the a gust of wind hit them and distantly he could hear Voldemort’s screams as he disintegrated into nothing.

He was gone. The only thing that remained was the smoky cloak.

Harry dropped to his knees and everything he was feeling inside came flooding out. The hot, salty tears rushed down his pale, tired face and soon he was sobbing from the fall force of everything. Ginny dropped to her knees and wrapped her arms around him. He kissed her soundly over and over again. Now he could do this freely with no objection or fear. Harry took her face in his hands. Her own face was stained with tears but she was smiling, the people on the sidewalk were circled around them all talking in hushed voices.

The sound of popping was heard as everyone gathered around them. Voldemort had launched an attack in different parts of the country. Aurors were all over the country trying to fight off Death Eaters. Many had been killed. Some muggle, some not. Hermione and Ron rushed to the center of the crowd where they knelt in each other’s embrace. The couple breathe a sigh of relief, their friends were both alive.

“It’s over, it’s finally over,” Harry said in a shaky voice.

Ginny smiled through her own tears and kissed him. “No darling, it’s just the beginning.”

**********
If you read than please review! Thanks for reading!





Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear