Search:

SIYE Time:9:14 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Feel the Music, Dance to the Music
By rufiel

- Text Size +

Category: Summer Challenge (2005-4)
Characters:None
Genres: Comedy, Humor, General, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 11
Summary: Ooh, Ginny's in jail! For what and what can Harry do to get her out of there? *NOTE* I've changed the story a bit...
Hitcount: Story Total: 4193







ChapterPrinter


A/N: OK, I swear, I wrote most of the story before I read HBP, that is, the 16th of July. Now, I noticed a few similarities between this story and some others, but that was entirely unintentional, seeing as I wrote most of this before I read all the other stories. I also would like to mention that English is my second language and I'm getting a bit rusty in writing it, I haven't for quite some time which mayhaps may affect my writing. Nevertheless, try to enjoy the story!


Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or anything related to that name.












Feel the music, dance to the music

by

rufiel












Look, an excited wizard!


Wanna know why he's excited? Sure thing, I'll tell you.


He lives with evil, evil relatives, and non-magical at that! And when I say evil, I don't mean they forbid him to hold parties every other weekend! No, they treat him worse than dirt, they do! Make him do lot's of chores while their ickle fatty-son-son keeps lazing, a word related to the word lazy, around, sitting on his fat butt picking up girls over the Internet!


But now, now he's going to get away from them! After only three days, three, he will be picked up by a group of red-haired wizards! Red-heads, you heard me right. Amongst them will be a single girl, which goes by the name of Ginny Weasley! Amongst her favourite hobbies are: Flying, telling her brothers off and eating her mother's cooking!


As he's waiting, the excitement growing by every minute, his uncle suddenly yells at him in a not so polite way:


"BOY!!!" That was his uncle's nickname for him, you see. "SOMEONE... SOMETHING'S ON THE PHONE ASKING FOR YOU!!"


"TELL IT TO WAIT A SEC!" Harry yelled back down, before rushing downstairs to check out what it was that was waiting for him on the other side of the line.


When he came down he went to his uncle, picked up the phone and asked his uncle to leave the room. Which he, surprisingly, did.


"Hello," Harry said.


"Hi. Uhm, I'm a dark wizard, and I'm here to kill you over the tone."


"You mean phone. And as you used the word tone, which is probably short for the word fellytone, I assume you are indeed not a dark wizard but instead a Weasley. Am I right?"


"You may be."


"And seeing as your voice looks decidely female, and at the same time young, I assume you are Ginny. Am I right?"


"You very well may be, but that's not important at the moment. The important thing is that I'm now stranded in a Muggle jail in London and they only gave me one tone-call..."


"And you decided to try and prank me at the beginning, wasting your only call. Smart, you are," Harry interrupted.


"That's beside the point. Now, would you please get... what was it again... 3 Muggle money, to get me out. The jail is," and she told Harry where the jail was. I won't tell you, dear reader, since you might go over there an get Ginny's old police-files, sell them on e-Bay and earn a million dollars. I wouldn't let you for all the money in the world!





After the conversation he went out to rescue Ginny Weasley. Rescue her, that very beautiful thing, rescue...


Wait, did Harry think of her as beautiful? Does he maybe want to be with her?


No, it was I, the storyteller, who thought of her as beautiful. Yes, storyteller. No, storyteller is not a silly word. Shush now.


So, Harry indeed went out and walked towards the jail. On his way overthere he met Dean, but of course he didn't ask him to come along. I mean, as anyone can see, Dean could actually rescue Ginny instead of Harry, and we can't have that, now can we? So Harry, after stopping in an ice cream shop that sold just the perfect chocolate ice dream, he was there. In front of the prison.


He stepped inside.


He saw that fat Muggle guard eating his donut with a smile. Using his über-ability that won't be revealed before the twenty-forth chapter of the seventh book, making this fiction completely illegal in the challenge, he felt that the guard carried two rifles, one in his stomach and one in his arse, so he was careful not to make any ... fast moves.


But seeing as fat cops are the stereotype of American cops, this can't be true, now can it? No, it cannot. So, as you all should have realised ... a few words ago, Harry stepped in to find the prison completely empty.


So, seeing as the new Mafalda Hopkirk, Professor Binns, had recently been caught by Death Eaters and killed ...


Oops, another spoiler!


Oh, bother.


So, seeing as the new Mafalda Hopkirk, Professor Binns, had recently been caught by Death Eaters and killed, noone was watching over wizard teens, making sure they didn't use magic and such boring stuff, so Harry could mutter a simple Alohomora and he got to Ginny's cell. Surprisingly, another Alohomora spell also did the trick there. Can you believe it?


"Hi," he said, surprisingly Clint Eastwood-like, although I, the storyteller, would not know, seeing as I haven't seen a movie starring Eastwood for like, ever!


"Hi," she replied, surprisingly Clint Eastwood-like, which is downright scary when you think about it...


"So... Why r u in jail?"


"Don't use r and u, if you'd please!"


"Well then... So, why are you in jail?"


"Well, I have to admit, it is a bit embarassing..."


"I already guessed that, I mean, you're a witch in Muggle jail!"


"... Right. OK, you see, I was kinda just, with my friends at this party at Dean Thomas' house, and there was a lot of smoke in there, although the house was not on fire, I don't understand how and I'm not planning to, and... Right, breathe."


She breathed.


"So," she continued, "suddenly... well, I can't exactly remember, I just know what the fat American cop that really doesn't exist told me afterwards."


There was silence.


"And...?" Harry asked.


"And I was suddenly dressed like a wicked horse, don't ask me how horses dress, and wicked ones at that. And I was singing this really ridiculous song that doesn't make any sense at all! OK, I'll sing it to you like the fat American cop that really doesn't exist sang it to me."


The song went something like this, repeated until you got tired of it...




Where's the air-conditioner? Where's the air-conditioner?
Where's the air-conditioner? Where's the air-conditioner?
It broke down.
It broke dow-hown!


"Broken."

It is brooooken, yes it's broooooooken.
Brooooooken, yes it's, broooooken.
Brooooooooken. That is really fine yeah.
It is broken, air-conditioner broken, it is broken, air-conditioner broken, that is really fine yeah!





And they came to their senses. Out of the blue they had suddenly started dancing, and singing at the top of their, at least her, lungs. Now, the fat American cop that doesn't really exist was standing outside their cell.


"Again? And you brought a friend this time? You'll have to be there a bit longer, I'm afraid. Now, sir, if you'd just give me everything you've got in your pocket's... Yes, that little stick she had too... Thank you very much. You, sir, have a right to use the phone, but only once. Use it on the morning, if you'd please, I want to get home to my imaginary wife and kids."


And so, Harry and Ginny were left alone.


"Who should we call?" Ginny suddenly said.


"How many do we know that's got a phone?"


"Uhm.... Hermione?"


"That's right. Only her. So, we'll call her."




--- The following evening ---





"So, who could we call?" Hermione suddenly said....










The End.








A/N: Just to let you know, I wrote those so called "spoilers" before I even read HBP, so don't sue me for ruining the book for you.

Oh, and if you wanna hear the song they danced to, here: http://www.rokk.is/mp3/r/rufiel_loftraes tingin_er_bilud_ft._kiddi.mp3

Well, actually it's in Icelandic there but that's irrelevent...

And now I've changed a bit of the story now.

And please, review!







Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear