Search:

SIYE Time:21:48 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Everafter
By An An

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 2
Summary: Angst, a reflection of myself in my lower moments. Sorry I killed him.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3476







ChapterPrinter


Everafter

27th July 2005



She knelt before his grave, tears falling from her eyes. She was alone, no other markers around. It was an empty piece of land they’d bought, intending to be together both in life and in death.

They’d had so much in common: alone, afraid, anxious. She’d become his pillar of support, without her he’d have consumed himself in his grief and guilt. He’d become her refuge, showing her that she was no different from others, that she still deserved to be happy.

“Promise me that he will be a good person, whoever he is.” His last words to her, both bleeding to death in the mud covered battleground so long ago, yet still so clear in her mind. She reached out for the headstone, shaped in his alternate form, a Phoenix Pegasus, and cried all the harder, remembering the times he’d taken her flying, times when they’d been happy. Dirty blond hair blew around her face in an unseen wind as she fell into a memory.

Flashback
“It’s not fair Mommy, why couldn’t Daddy live? Why did he have to die?” A small boy with unruly raven hair was crying and yelling at her; she didn’t stop him, he mirrored her feelings exactly. It wasn’t fair, he of all people deserved to live. But life hadn’t been fair, and taken him away from her.
,,,

She ran her hand over the grave, crying in earnest, tears being absorbed by the stone, just like back then; just like he always held onto me.

Harry James Potter
Son of James, Son of Lily
Loving husband

A shimmering, pearly white form formed in front of her. She recognized it instantly, just the hair was enough, “Harry!” she grabbed him in her arms and cried her eyes out, was it a dream? His arms came round her, stroking her hair, comforting her as best he could, “No, it’s not a dream. But I can’t stay either. You know what you must do sweetheart, promise me you won’t let him go astray, promise me that you’ll be there for him.”

“I promise, Harry, I promise.” Resigned, but unable to forget, to move past; impossible to look past the end of the chapter that was what they’d had. She reached into her robes and pulled out a stone; it was no ordinary stone, it was a piece of the Stone of Lament, half of it to be exact, but who was counting. She placed it in the groove on the flying horse’s breast, where it seemed to hold and shine. Harry smiled at her, “It didn’t work out for us, but everything will turn out alright, trust me.” He stroked her cheek and faded from sight.

A boy ran up; he hugged her. Unruly raven hair framed a plain, angular face, enhancing his eyes. Only one thing distinguished him from the obvious father, his left eye was a piercing crystal blue that often seemed to see things his right unnerving green eye couldn’t. He reached down to pick up something he’d dropped and placed it on his grave, quiet and sober as the mood, “I wish I knew you Daddy.”

“I’m sorry Harry, he will be a good person, but not in the way you thought. I cant, I won’t forget you.” She dried her eyes and pulled the boy to her side, “Aunt ‘Mione is waiting for us Sirius, we can come back to Daddy tomorrow alright?” the boy nodded and patted the headstone one last time, almost reverently, then bowed and left with his mother. A cold wind blew up, and calmed a moment later.

===

A/N: It's entirely possible it's been done before, but not to the best of my knowledge. It's a one-shot, R&R please?
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear