Search:

SIYE Time:12:06 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Meanwhile, In The Broom Closet...
By TheCunningWoman

- Text Size +

Category: Summer Challenge (2005-4)
Characters:None
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 11
Summary: Submission for the Summer 4-2005 Challenge. Probably wont even qualify, but hey.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5279







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: Not mine. *sighs* Never mine. All J.K.R.'s

“HERMIONE!”

“Ron, don’t yell! She’s not here.”

Ron was sitting at a table in the far corner of the common room, biting his quill while trying desperately to finish his final Potions essay before the Easter holiday, which unfortunately for him, was due the next morning. He looked up in alarm.

“Not here? What do you mean, she’s not here?”

It was Ginny who had answered him. “Don’t be thick, Ron.” She rolled her eyes, got up from the chair by the fire in which she had been re-reading “Quidditch Through The Ages,” and walked over towards him. After sitting down at Ron’s table, she laid down her book and glanced at his parchment. “What is it that you need help with?”

Ron gave disbelieving sigh and dismissed his sister immediately. “Telling *me* not to be thick. You’re a fourth year! Like you’d actually be able to help…” Ron looked back down at his parchment, trying to gauge how many more inches he would need.

Ginny held her head high. “Fine. I won’t tell you where Hermione and Harry ran off to, then.”

Ron’s head snapped up immediately. “What?” His wide eyes narrowed, suddenly.

“Oh, come on, you don’t actually need me to repeat-

“Of course not!” Ron snarled. He knew Ginny knew of his feelings for Hermione. She had found out this summer when she discovered spare pieces of parchment crumpled up in his dustbin that had “Mrs. Hermione Weasley” written all over them. She claimed she hadn’t been snooping, but as Ginny had been willing to keep the secret, Ron had let her live. This time, anyway.

“Would you like to go to the library with me then? I need to return a few books.” Ron was about to tell Ginny kindly that no, he didn’t want to go to the library, he wanted to find Harry and rip his innards out, when he looked up and saw the glint in her eye that told him she was being clever and that the library was where he would most likely find his ex-best friend.

Ginny smirked. “Right, then. I’ll just go get my books, shall I?”

***


Ron was fuming as he and Ginny made their way down to the library. He kept flexing his fingers and forming them into fists, all the while muttering under his breath. Ginny couldn’t really say what he was mumbling about, but she thought she could hear phrases like “The bloody Boy-Who’s-About-To-Die” every so often. As Ron said this particular line rather loudly, Ginny tripped over a loose stone on the floor in the sixth-floor corridor and fell on her face outside a deserted classroom. Her books flew every which direction, and her hair fell out of its ponytail.

“Damn!” Ginny said as she examined her now-broken hair tie. “This is the fourth one this week-

Ginny and Ron fell silent as they heard a giggle coming from the empty classroom. Ron’s breath caught in his throat. He’d heard that giggle before…

He slowly tiptoed over to the door and bent down on all fours to peek in the crack underneath it, and motioned for Ginny to follow. As Ginny silently made her way to him, He leaned down and looked under the door.

He could not have been less prepared for what he saw. He wouldn’t have known who it was, save for that ruddy giggle and the book bag on the floor that was bulging with books. It couldn’t have been anyone but Hermione. From what he could see, she was standing entirely too close to a guy with particularly small feet. Whoever-It-Was let out a deep chuckle and moved in a little closer. Smacking sounds could be heard. Ron wanted to throw up.

Whoever-It-Was suddenly lifted Hermione off the ground. Ron heard a thud that he figured was Hermione being set up on a desk. Not good. Not good at all. He heard that bloody giggle again as Whoever-It-Was scooted in even closer to Hermione.

Now, as Ron saw it, there were two things he could do. One was to run and cry like a little girl in his dorm. Seeing as someone would probably make fun of him for that, he chose the second option.

Ron jumped up and threw the door open. He stomped inside to see Harry and Hermione breaking apart, Harry with his glasses askew and lip-gloss all over his face, and Hermione with the first two buttons of her shirt blouse undone. He stopped abruptly and looked on with shock. How could they do this to him? Option Number One suddenly sounded like a very good plan.

Fighting the urge to run away screaming, Ron sprinted over to Harry proceeded to beat the tar out of him. He started bellowing, “Why would you do this to me!” Harry threw off his glasses and started to beat Ron back. Ron continued with his screaming, “You’re supposed to be my best mate! You knew! You knew I liked her! How could you go behind my back like that?!”

“Ron!”

Ron spun around to see Hermione standing in the corner of the room, with Harry standing behind her holding the Invisibility cloak. “Hold on, Mione.” Ron turned back around so he could finish ripping Harry to shreds-

What?

Ron looked at Hermione-in-the-corner and then at Hermione-on-the-desk. That Hermione was looking rather strange. Her hair was turning a different color at the tips, and she was taller than the Hermione he remembered… even taller now, with straighter, longer hair…

Harry, oddly enough, had brown hair now, and his scar was gone…he was getting a little taller, and more Irish-looking…

Well, then. It’s not everyday you see Harry and Hermione turn into Seamus Finnegan and Lavender Brown.

Ron got up off of Seamus bewildered and in shock. A thought quickly came to his mind. He looked at Harry and asked, “How long have you been there?”

Harry had a grin on his face. “Well, mate, I’d say we’ve been here,” he looked at the broken watch on his wrist, “the whole time.”

Ron backed up against the wall and looked over at Seamus who, despite just having been punched, also had a grin on his face.

"Sorry, mate," Ron said in Seamus' general direction. Seamus smile grew wider.

"That's alright, Ronnie. You fight like a girl anyway." Seamus laughed, along with Harry and Lavender. Until they saw the death glare on Hermione's face, that is.

“Ron?” The real Hermione looked at Ron with a question in her eyes. “Was all that you said true?”

Ron started to panic as it sunk in that Hermione had heard every word he’s said (well, yelled, he supposed) about her. He looked down at the floor and blushed. “Maybe,” he said in a quiet voice. “What if it was?”

The room was silent for a moment. Ron and Hermione were staring at each other. Seamus suddenly spoke up.

“Alright, folks, nothing to see here, come on now…”

The four filed out of the room, Harry and Ginny last. As they watched Seamus and Lavender skip down the corridor hand in hand, Harry put his arm around his secret girlfriend and said, “Guess your plan worked, there, Gin.”

Ginny smiled and twirled out of Harry’s arms to do a happy dance. “They always do, Harry.” She threw her arms in the air. “They always do.”

Harry leaned against a broom closet door and asked in a would-be nonchalant tone, “Got any other plans today, then?” He winked at her.

“Would you like me to?” Ginny said coyly as she opened the door, spun Harry around, and pulled him inside.




Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear