Search:

SIYE Time:22:24 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Am I Pretty
By Mirloc

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 31
Summary: Ginny asks Harry the right questions, only to recieve the wrong answers...
Hitcount: Story Total: 8316







ChapterPrinter


Am I Pretty?

The common room was as usual barely controlled chaos, children from 11 to 18 were talking, laughing, doing homework, snogging, or playing any number of games. Ginny Weasley watched Harry Potter doing his homework, he'd been working on the potions essay for the last several hours.

She could always tell he was working on homework in potions due to the face he made the entire time. He referenced another book for a few minutes, and rubbed his forehead, an ink spot had been there and was now more of a smear on his face. Stiffing a giggle she decided not to tell him.

She indulged herself a few more minutes and then went back to working on the essay for Binns. She used the end of her quill to scratch an itch on the tip of her nose and went back to work.

A few hours later, most of the younger students were in bed already, and even some of the older students were slipping off to their dorms, though a few were taking a “stroll to the bathrooms” rather than simply running upstairs. Oddly enough it was usually couples who paired off and had similar emergencies.

Ginny barely took note of this behavior, her and several other boyfriends, including the one working on his potions essay right now, had performed the same task. The one major difference is her boyfriend had an invisibility cloak. As of on queue, she felt her foot being nudged.

She looked up into Harry's brilliant green eyes. Barely perceptibly he raised an eyebrow, she nodded in turn, also barely perceptible. Harry yawned and stretched, tossing parchment, books, ink and quills into his bag. “That's it, I'm done for the night.” He slung the bag over his shoulder, and headed up the stairs.

He bent over his trunk as if rummaging for pajamas. He pulled out his cloak, carefully wrapped in his pajama top. He took off his tie and shirt, flung them into a corner, and hung up his cloak, He then grabbed the invisibility cloak and threw it over his shoulders. He walked through the door he 'accidentally' left open and walked to the wall he'd seen Ron use before. Taping the stones, a portal appeared, and standing on the other side was Ginny.

He opened the cloak for her, and they scampered down the stairs avoiding people and made their way to the portrait, and waited until it opened. Ron and Hermione came in and being careful Harry and Ginny slipped out. They made for a classroom that they knew was empty, and took the cloak off themselves.

“I just can't get over how bloody brilliant that cloak is Harry.” She kissed him, and he responded in kind.

After exploring each other clothed for an hour, they sat in comfortable silence. Harry was twirling a lock of her hair in his finger, the other hand gently caressing her neck and shoulder.

“Harry?” Ginny's voice sounded small and nervous.

“Yeah?” He answered distractedly.

“Do you think I am pretty?”

Harry continued to play with her hair and caress her soft, smooth neck. “No.”

Ginny sat there in shock for a moment, he didn't think she was pretty? Her voice was thick with emotion as she asked another question. “Do you want to be with me forever?”

In a distracted voice he said simply. “No.”

He heart wrenched, he didn't want to be with her forever? So she was just a distraction, a plaything of the great Harry Potter? Tears began to fill her eyes. “If I left, would you cry?”

His voice seemed firmer, resolute. “No.”

Ginny choked back a sob, and stood throwing off his hands. As she reached for the door handle, Harry's hand grasped her arm and spun her around. He looked intensely into her eyes. “Apparently, I didn't make myself clear.” He used his thumbs to wipe the tears away.

“I think you made yourself perfectly clear Potter.” Ginny growled out. “Now let me go you bastard!” She tried to throw off his hands again, but this time he held her fast.

He looked at her with an intensity she normally found intoxicating. “Not until you hear what I have to say.”

“There is nothing you have to say Harry, you made it abundantly clear I'm nothing more than a plaything to you, so shove off Potter.” She snapped.

Harry cocked his head to the side, and released her arm. “I see, and just how did you come to that oh so misinformed decision?” His voice remained eerily calm, his gaze no less powerful than that of the basilisk he slew for her.

“You said I wasn't pretty!” Ginny retorted. “You said you didn't want to be with me forever, that you'd not even cry if I left, so fine, I can take a hint you know. I'm leaving.”

Harry touched her arm gently, his gaze softened slightly. “Ask me again.”

“Stop it Harry, I can't do this.” Ginny cringed from him.

His voice became commanding, forceful, the intensity of his gaze returned threefold. “Ask me again.”

Ginny worked up her courage. “Do you think I am pretty?”

Harry shook his head. “No, you're not pretty, you're beautiful.”

Her voice became weaker, unsure of herself. “Do — do you want to be with me forever?”

Again he shook his head. “No, I don't want to be with you forever, I NEED to be with you forever.”

She felt about an inch tall. Her voice was weak, and cracked as she asked again. “If I left, would you cry?”

Harry shook his head a final time. “No Ginny, I wouldn't cry if you walked away....I'd die..."

She fell into his arms and sobbed. “Oh Harry, I am so sorry. I misunderstood, and...”

“You thought the worst. Ginny, if only you can see yourself through my eyes. There is no one more beautiful, nor brave, nor worthy of happiness in this world. I am the lucky one that you have put your attentions on me.” He held her close to him. “And I can't tell you how much that amazes me. Every morning I have to pinch myself just to make sure this is real, and I don't want to share you or this with anyone.”

Reviews 31
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear