Search:

SIYE Time:14:27 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Pickle-Chiffon Pie
By casually_a_weasley

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluff, Humor, Drama, Crossover
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 11
Summary: A story of mystery, mischief, mayhem, and monsters. A three day trek into the Forbidden Forest to win the Princesses hand in marriage, leads three Princes on an unforgettable adventure. They encounter humour, romance and magic. Enjoy. Please R & R.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5147







ChapterPrinter


Once again, all the characters in this story are the sole property of the brilliant mind of our dear JK Rowling. Yes, I have taken another break from Underestimated Hero, but this is only a one-shot and it helped to clear my head once again, I promise I’ll update the other story soon. Although I like leaving it a cliff-hanger. Secondly, the story plot is based on Jolly Roger Bradfield’s PICKLE-CHIFFON PIE. If you have not read it, go out and buy it, borrow it or steal it (not serious here people), it is a must read. I was read this each and every night by my own mother, so it holds great sentimental value for me. The story has obviously been modified to fit Ginny’s and Harry’s situation. Please enjoy, I know I did writing it! By the way I need someone to edit this story, any volunteers.




PIC KLE-CHIFFON PIE






A long time ago, in a somewhat-but-not-too-far-away land, there was a squat little King. King Arthur, because that’s what his name was, ruled over the land as far as he could see. It really was too bad he was near sighted. The Kingdom Hogwarts, for that was the name of the Kingdom. He was very wise, and his tiny Kingdom was a happy one.

His wife, the Queen, Queen Molly, was known throughout the land for her unwavering kindness, and her fiery temper, matching her hair. She kept his castle spotless and saw that his robes were pressed and cleaned . She was a marvellous cook and made him pickle-chiffon pie every single day without fail.

But everyone has problems.

The king had a daughter. Princess Ginevra Oh, she was very nice, independent, and did whatever he told her to — but she was also beautiful, stunningly beautiful. Every prince in the land, beyond the borders of Hogwarts, wanted to marry her. Everyday they lined up outside the palace showering the Princess with flowers and gifts.

To be polite, as she undoubtedly was, she would ask them to stay for supper, and that meant there would be less pickle-chiffon pie for the King. And with six growing sons, there wasn’t that much to go around with in the first place.

That was his problem.

Finally, the day came when the King decided that his daughter should marry. And a Prince at that. Then, at least, there would be fewer people at the dinner table each night. The King was thankful for that day.

He called the three best Princes, the best suitors, and told them that they would be put to the test...and the winner would marry the Princess!

The first, Prince Musselbaum, who was really Draco Malfoy, but for obvious reasons was appointed this nickname. The Princess liked him because he was tall and wavy hair and the sound of his voice could make her swoon.

The second, Prince Wellred, who actually was Colin Creevey, but for less obvious reasons was given this nickname. He was very smart, well moderately smart. He could count up to six hundred and eighty-four...and he read books three inches thick.


The Princess liked him, too, because he showed her beautiful moving pictures, and sometimes took portraits of her with a strange device called a canera. At least that’s what she thought it was called.

The third, Prince Harry, Harry Potter, wasn’t very strong or very handsome or very smart; he didn’t have a suitable nickname, unless you accounted ‘Scarhead’, to which Prince Musselbaum had taken to calling him. But the Princess liked him best of all. She really didn’t know why she liked him — perhaps it was because he had a big smile and a funny shaped scar.

It’s hard to tell about Princesses.

The king told the three Princes this: “You will each go into the Forbidden Forest at the edge of the Kingdom for three days. As you know it’s full of Vampires, Jarveys, Goblins — all sorts of unusual things.

“The one who brings back the most unusual, the most splendorous, the MOST WONDERFUL THING — may marry the Princess.

“Now remember — be back in three days!”

Musselbaum was delighted. Being stronger and more powerful than the others, he thought surely he would win. With a shout, he jumped onto his horse and galloped off in the direction of the forest.

At first he didn’t see anything unusual...just a few small Dragons, a Troll peeking out of a tree, a medium sized Giant — the usual things one sees in a forest.

But finally, looking behind a huge boulder, he did see something different — a green and blue Dragon with three separate heads, toasting marshmallows.

“Now there’s something you don’t see everyday,” thought Prince Musselbaum. “But I have two more days — I’ll look a bit more.”

On the second day he saw a six-legged, pygmy, albino Thestral smoking a pipe.

“Now there’s something different,” thought Musselbaum. “I’ve never seen a Thestral smoking before! But I have one more day — I’ll look a bit more.”

On the third day he saw something REALLY different — a huge Werewolf juggling six cans of root beer soup. And of course he was wearing a velvet vest a roller skates.

This must surely be the most wonderful thing in the whole forest!” cried Prince Musselbaum. Bravely, or rather stupidly, he grabbed the Werewolf’s tail and began the arduous trip of dragging him back to the castle.

Meanwhile, Prince Wellred was searching, too.

The first day he spied a Witch who could turn people into frogs. That really wasn’t all that unusual, except that she could do it with her eyes shut and one hand behind her back..

“Now there’s something you don’t see everyday,” thought Wellred. “But I have two more days — I’ll look a bit more.”

On the second day he spotted a sixteen-footed Acromantula that had a different kind of shoe on each foot.

“Now there’s something different,” thought Wellred. “I’ve never seen an Acromantula with more than seven feet! But I have one more day — I’ll look a bit more.”

On the third day he came upon something REALLY different — a Giant with a green beard playing “Chopsticks” on two Baby Grand pianos.

This must surely be the most wonderful thing in the entire forest!” cried Prince Wellred. “I’ve never heard that tune before!”

He cleverly told the giant what a fine piano player he was, and talked him into going back to the castle to play for the King.

Now let us not forget Prince Harry. He was searching, too.

On the first day he met an Ogre so hideous that he scared the leaves off the trees, them scattering below him.

“Now there’s something you don’t see everyday,” thought Harry. “But he might frighten the Princess if I brought him back. I have two more days — I’ll look a bit more.”

On the second day he discovered a tiny house tucked behind a tree, wedged into a crevice. He peeked and saw that it was filled with Pixies, all busily creating miniature works of art. He remained oblivious to them, they, still painting away.

“Now there’s something different,” thought Harry. “It really wouldn’t be right to stop such happy, hard-working little fellows right there in the middle of their work. I have one more day — I’ll look a bit more.”

On the third day he saw something REALLY different — a three-nosed House-Elf with fuzzy ears and an orange polka-dotted tie. And it was busily making pickle-chiffon pie.

This must surely be the most wonderful thing in the whole forest!” he cried. “I thought the Queen was the only one who could make pickle-chiffon pie! Oh, the King will be so happy!”

With that he grabbed the Elf’s necktie and started leading it back towards the castle.

Prince Harry had never felt such joy surge through him before.

Pulling the Elf through the forest was not an easy task, but Prince Harry didn’t mind; he was sure he would win the right to marry the Princess now.

The look on the Elf’s face put an end to his thoughts. The utter sadness that pooled in the Elf’s face.

“Cheer up,” brightened Harry. “You’ll like living in the palace — it’s much nicer than this dingy old forest. And anyways, I have to take you back in order to marry the Princess.

Then Harry noticed several tiny Elves peering out from behind the trees. “Why aren’t they umm...adorable,” he said hesitantly, Elves not being the most handsome of creatures. “Are they your children?”

The three-nose Elf nodded, with large, wet tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

“What will happen to them when your gone? Do they have anyone to take care of them?”

The Elf shook its head sadly.

Prince Harry found a thick log for him to sit down and think. He thought of his love for the Princess. More importantly, he thought of Elf’s love for it’s children.

For a long time, everything in the forest was very quiet and still.

Finally, with a sigh, the Prince let go of the Elf’s tie and watched it scamper off into the forest. He turned and walked slowly towards the castle.

His three days were up.

When all the Princes were called to appear before the King, Musselbaum had a big smile on his face. He was positive he would win with his juggling Werewolf. Wellred, too, was smiling. He was just as sure that he would win when the King heard the Giant play his two pianos!

Harry hung his head sadly as he stood empty-handed behind the others.

The King was delighted with Musselbaum’s Werewolf. “Wonderful!” he cried, as the Werewolf juggled twenty-three apples and a bottle of ketchup.

And when Wellred’s Giant played “Chopsticks” on his two pianos, the King laughed and clapped in delight.

“How wonderful!” he laughed. “So unusual!”

Then he turned back to Harry. “And what have you brought back?” he queried.

Prince Harry bowed low before the King. He hoped no one noticed the shame and embarrassment in his eyes as he raised his head and said softly, “Nothing, your Majesty.”

He told of meeting the repulsive Ogre who might have terrified the Princess. He told of seeing the amazing Pixies whose painting he could not bring himself to interrupt. He told of the tiny House-Elf children that he could not bear to leave in the forest alone.

There was silence in the castle. Time stood still, as no one spoke for a while. Harry wished he could run somewhere and bury himself and hide. Every pair of eyes in the Hall were looking at him — all except the Princess and the Queen. They were whispering to the King, as the six Princes boar there eyes into him.

The King nodded his head and smiled. “Harry” he said, his voice booming, “You have won the right to marry the Princess!”

“But — but why, your Majesty? I didn’t bring back anything!” hoarsely whispered Harry.

“Oh yes, you did, my son,” smiled the King. “You brought back a story of love and consideration for others...truly THE MOST WONDERFUL THING OF ALL. You’ll make a fine husband for my daughter.

When Harry married Princess Ginevra , Wellred’s Giant played the wedding march, and Musselbaum’s Werewolf’s put on a spectacular exhibition to entertain the guests.

And guess who sent Harry and Ginevra the biggest pickle-chiffon pie anyone ever saw for a wedding present? That’s right — the three-nosed House-Elf with the fuzzy ears and the orange polka-dot tie.

End




A.N: Thanks for reading, I hoped you enjoyed, please review.

Thanks again!
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear