Search:

SIYE Time:12:16 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Sharing A Dream
By Zelthian

- Text Size +

Category: Dream Adventure Challenge (2005-3)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 16
Summary: On the train home after Harry's sixth year, his classmates share their idea of their dream vacation. Little did he know it would be an opportunity to share something more with one special friend.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4663







ChapterPrinter


A/N: Couple of things: First, I had to hash this out quickly, as work has been crazy the last two months. Also, I'm posting this late because I had to take an unexpected trip to Phoenix, and I didn't have internet access until I got home. This hasn't been beta'd at all, and I rushed to write it, but I hope you like it just the same.
------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ---------------

Another year gone. Another crisis averted. Voldemort held at bay one last time. Would it last?

Harry sat by the window on the train as it sped towards King Cross station, taking him back to his aunt and uncle’s for what he hoped would be the last time. He fully understood now that he was only truly safe there, and though he loathed his time in that house, it was for the best. One more summer, he told him self over and over again. One last summer, one more year of school and he could finally be on his own.

He was distracted then by the conversation going on in the compartment. Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Neville had congregated here immediately after boarding, followed shortly behind by Seamus, Luna and Lavender. They had been chatting happily, and he had been ignoring them, lost in his thoughts as he absentmindedly watched the countryside speed by. It was Ginny who had broken into his reflections as she had often been doing this year, always seeming to show up just as he was falling deep into a melancholy. Over the last couple of months she had returned to blushing now and again when she looked at him. He wondered what she was thinking at those moments, but he kept his wonderings to himself.

“Sometimes I wish I could be rich just long enough to have a summer adventure,” she was saying. “You know, go on a vacation that would last for weeks, see the world, meet interesting people, that sort of thing.”

“So would I,” Neville replied. “At least you got to go to Egypt. That would be so wicked. I bet they have some amazing plants there.”

“Not as many as you would think,” Ron revealed. “It’s a desert, after all. But the Nile river valley would be interesting for you, I’d bet.”

Luna lowered her copy of The Quibbler just enough to look over it. “You obviously didn’t look inside the urns.”

Ron smirked. “No, why would I?”

Luna rolled her eyes, pulled The Quibbler back to eye level and returned to reading. Lavender glanced at Hermione; they were both trying very hard not to laugh and only barely succeeding.

Ginny thought for a moment. “Where would you go if you could go anywhere, Neville?”

Neville blushed a little. “It would never happen. I could never go where I wanted to.”

“But what if you could,” Ginny pressed. “If you had unlimited money and were capable of going anywhere you wanted in the world, where would you go?”

Neville shook his head. “I don’t want to say. You’d all think I was bonkers.”

“No we wouldn’t,” Ginny promised. Harry noticed that everyone had suddenly become very interesting in Neville and Ginny’s exchange. Harry figured Neville had rarely been the center of attention, and he was looking particularly uncomfortable. To his surprise, Neville seemed to be working through his nervousness well.

“It’s embarrassing,” Neville said quietly.

Harry hadn’t been expecting that. Neither had anyone else, apparently. More than one eyebrow went up. Neville was now in full blush.

Ginny crossed her arms. “Alright Neville, now you have to tell us. You can’t keep us in suspense like that. Come on, we’re your friends.”

Neville’s eyes darted around the compartment looking at everyone. Harry could almost feel him gathering his courage. He sat up and took a deep breath.

“Vegas.”

Ginny blinked and shook her head. “Vegas?”

Neville nodded. “I’ve always wanted to go to Las Vegas. It’s in America.”

Hermione and Seamus had very wicked grins on their faces. “I’m genuinely surprised,” Hermione admitted. “I didn’t know you had it in you.”

Neville shrugged.

“I don’t understand,” Lavender said, looking like everyone had started talking nonsense. “What is this Las Vegas?”

“The Americans call it ‘Sin City’,” Seamus explained. “It’s filled with these huge themed hotels, all of which have casinos in them. There’s also lots of special shows. It’s like one nonstop entertainment center.”

Lavender’s eyes got wide as she turned to Neville who seemed to be trying to sink his head into his shoulders. “Neville, you sly dog you.”

Neville said nothing.

“Well, you might get there someday,” Ginny said. “So what would you do when you got there? Remember, you have unlimited time, the ability to do anything, and the whole summer to do it.”

Neville took a deep breath. “Well, I’d start by visiting every hotel. I don’t know how many there are, but I’d spend a week at each at most. I’d stay in the most expensive room, drink champagne each night and spend an hour in the in-room spa tub. I’d then dress up in expensive, stylish clothes and play all the expensive slots, then hit the blackjack tables. I have this fantasy of getting a great hand and betting a thousand Galleons on it.

“Once I get bored of gambling, I’d see the shows. They have so many there: Circe De Solei, Blue Man Group, and always good music groups. I’d see every show in the whole town. After each show I’d go out to the best restaurants and eat until I couldn’t eat anymore; steak, lobster, crab, all the best food Vegas has to offer.

“I’d then sleep late, get up and play golf, or rent a motorcycle and ride around the countryside, see the Hoover Dam, take a helicopter tour, maybe even go out and see Area 51. Then I’d eat lunch, take a nap and do the whole thing over again.”

By the time Neville was done, everybody was smiling. Harry had no idea Neville thought about such things.

“That’s not all of it, is it, Neville?” Seamus asked with a devilish grin on his face.

Neville looked at Seamus, terrified. “What do you mean?”

“You know bloody well what I mean,” Seamus shot back. “Come on, be honest.”

“What?” Neville asked nervously.

Seamus studied Neville carefully. “Surely you know what else is there.”

Neville blinked. “I don’t understand.”

Everyone was looking at Seamus now. Hermione was giving him a stern look worthy of McGonagall. Luna was hiding behind her magazine. Lavendar looked just as lost as Harry was. Ron looked like he was waiting for Seamus to tell a great secret. Ginny looked amused.

Seamus waved his hand dismissively. “Never mind, it was just a joke.”

Hermione stood up suddenly. “Well, it is time for our rounds. Ron?”

“Right,” Ron said, standing with Hermione. “See you lot in a little while.”

They left together heading towards the front of the train. Harry watched them leave, again noticing the odd interplay they had developed, each shooting awkward glances at the other. He wondered what they’d say when he finally got around to telling them he knew their secret. He chuckled to himself as he imagined their faces when they learned the whole school knew their secret. Once they were gone, he shared a smile with Ginny, Neville, Seamus and Lavender.

“You think they’re going to sneak some quality time in the Prefect car?” Seamus asked out loud.

“I wouldn’t be surprised,” Ginny answered. “So what about you, Seamus? What would you do for your dream vacation?”

“Easy,” Seamus answered. “I would tour the rest of Europe. I’ve never been far from home, except for London and Hogwart’s. I’d start out in Italy. I want to see Rome, eat real Italian pizza, and see what Italian girls are really like. Then I’d go to France, see all the sights, and see what French girls are really like. Then I’d go to Spain, check out the museums, eat all the great food, then-“

“See what Spanish girls really look like?” Harry, Ginny, Neville and Lavender asked in unison.

Seamus blinked. “You lot reading my mind?” He held his expression just long enough, then burst out laughing. Everyone but Luna joined him.

“Well, this has been most informative,” Luna stated as she stood up, putting her magazine away in her bag. “I’m off to find the snack trolley.”

“Good idea,” Seamus agreed. There was a general murmur of agreement in the compartment as he, Neville and Lavender stood up to leave. Harry turned back to looking out the window.

“Coming Harry?” Seamus asked.

“Nah,” Harry replied. “I’m not hungry.”

“Suit yourself,” Seamus said. Harry waited until the compartment door closed before heaving a sigh.

“Knut for your thoughts,” Ginny said from beside him.

Harry smiled to himself. “I had a feeling you were going to stay behind.”

Ginny stood up then sat across from Harry. “Are you all right?”

“Yeah,” Harry said half heartedly. “Just thinking.”

“You’re always ‘just thinking’,” Ginny mused.

Harry shrugged. “Neville surprised me. Every time I think I have him figured out, he catches me off guard.”

Ginny smiled. “So what about you, Harry? What would you do for your dream vacation?”

Harry considered his response. His deepening friendship with Ginny had turned into a fondness that, like Neville’s dream vacation, had caught him off guard. He wasn’t sure he was ready to admit this to her, but then again they were alone, and it seemed like an opportune moment. His stomach filled with butterflies as he gathered his courage and chose his approach.

“You know, I’ve never really thought about it,” he admitted. “I had just assumed such things were not to be for me.”

Ginny gave him an understanding nod. “Give it a try. Forget about all the things that are going on right now. Clear your head and look outside of it all. What would you want to do?”

Harry shifted, getting comfortable as he thought. “I think what I would like to do is buy a tropical island of my own. I would build a vacation house on it, hire staff, and just spend a week laying out in the sun, drinking tropical drinks and doing absolutely nothing but being waited on hand and foot.”

Ginny crossed her arms. “That sounds pretty boring.”

Harry smirked. “I said a week, not all summer.”

Ginny chuckled. “I see. Then what?”

“Then, I’d buy a yacht and cruise around all the tropical spots: Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, all those places, maybe spend a week in each just relaxing on the beach, eating the food, sight seeing, that kind of stuff.”

Ginny raised an eyebrow. “Chasing girls?”

Harry could feel the blush forming in his cheeks. Ginny had picked the opportune time for her to press this particular point, and now he was going to have to make a choice. He was thankful they were alone; had the rest of his friends been present, he would be in quite the predicament. Even without that pressure, he knew it was a huge risk to tell her how he felt. He had waited for the right moment to try to learn exactly what her feelings where for him; he just didn’t think it would happen this soon.

“Not exactly,” he replied.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Ginny asked.

“Well,” Harry said, preparing himself mentally, “This really isn’t a vacation I plan on taking alone, you see.”

Harry couldn’t quite read Ginny’s expression, but he thought he noticed a tiny amount of disappointment. “Oh. You’re going to bring all you friends along.”

Harry shook his head. “No, just one. Just one special friend.” Harry looked straight into Ginny’s eyes. “Someone I can share my adventures with.”

Ginny’s expressions went in all different directions. Harry could tell Ginny hadn’t expected him to suggest what he had just suggested. He had caught her completely unprepared. He didn’t smile at this. He just waited for her to say something.

“Harry,” she said, her voice shaking somewhat, “are you saying…”

Harry slowly reached out and took her hand. She looked down, her eyes wide in disbelief. Harry tried hard to convey his sincerity in his expression, moving slow and not making light of the situation. Finally she looked back up into his eyes.

“We have gotten to know each other pretty well this year, Ginny,” Harry said before Ginny could speak. “As the year went on, I discovered that every time I got lonely, or depressed, you were there, and I started looking forward to you showing up at just the right time. Then I discovered that knowing you were there for me made me happy. Finally, I realized that if you ever went away, there wasn’t anyone who could replace you. More than that, I realized there wasn’t anyone I would want to replace you.”

Ginny’s eyes were tearing up. “You mean…”

Harry leaned forward. “It wouldn’t be my dream vacation without you. I’ve been thinking about you a lot, and I can’t deny how I feel. I want us to be more than friends, Ginny. If you want to, that is.”

A tear finally fell from her eye. “You mean that?”

Harry nodded slowly.

The moments following were magical. He realized they had gotten to know each other so well they didn’t need to say anything more. All he had to do wall pull gently on her hand. She took the hint immediately, closing the gap slowly between her lips and his. Harry braced himself for contact, and the moment it happened he had an immense feeling of release. All the tension and fear and anxiety flowed out of him, and his feelings for Ginny came through. The kiss hadn’t lasted for more than a few seconds, but his whole world had changed in that short moment.

He allowed his eyes to open and watched as Ginny savored the moment. After a second she opened her eyes too.

“That was just as perfect as I always imagined it,” Ginny admitted.

“I was afraid you didn’t feel this way,” Harry admitted. “I know you told Hermione at one point that you were over me, but over the last year, I kept getting different signals from you.”

Ginny smiled and place her hand on Harry’s cheek. “I got over my crush, but then I realized how much I cared for you.”

There was a somewhat awkward pause then Harry wasn’t quite sure what to do next. “So what do we do now?” he asked finally.

Ginny’s face filled with mischief as she stood up, then sat sideways on Harry’s lap. “How about we just snog some more?”

Harry blushed. “Sounds good to me.”

After initially easing into the kiss, Ginny let go a little and started to get into it. Harry was just getting the hang of her rhythm when the door to the compartment opened.

“WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?” Ron’s voice bellowed loudly.

Faster than Harry could see, Ginny had her wand out and had it pointed at Ron’s nose. She had broken the kiss, aimed her wand and started to stare Ron down all in one smooth motion. Harry was impressed.

“What does it look like we’re doing?” she growled through her teeth. “Now buzz off, we’re busy.”

Ron didn’t look pleased, but Harry knew he wasn’t going to press the issue. He had been trying to get the two of them together for since the previous summer, so Harry figured he was more shocked than angry. He finally closed the door. Ginny uttered a locking charm and put her wand back in her pocket.

“Well, there it is, then. It’ll be all over the train in no time,” Harry sighed.

“This bothers you?” Ginny asked defensively.

“In a way, yes,” Harry admitted. “For once I’d like to walk around in peace without people noticing me. Looks like it’s not going to happen today.”

Ginny kissed Harry on the forehead. “I know. Even after all these years the attention still bothers you, doesn’t it?”

Harry nodded. “Just once I’d like to know what it’s like to be normal.”

Ginny laughed softly. “I don’t think that word is in your family dictionary.”

Harry smiled. “You’re probably right.”

“Enough of that,” Ginny said, throwing her arms around Harry’s neck and resuming her snogging.

* * *

Ron stood staring at the door to the compartment. A dozen things were flying through his mind.

“What was THAT all about?” Hermione asked, having just caught up to Ron.

Ron pointed at the door. “Harry… Ginny… they were… they… they…”

“Ron, what’s wrong? Are they hurt? Why were you yelling?” Hermione asked urgently.

“… snogging…” was all Ron could add.

Hermione’s eyes bulged as her jaw dropped. “They weren’t!”

Ron could only nod.

Hermione covered her mouth with her hand instinctively in shock, then recovered. “Well it’s about time!”

Ron closed his mouth and swallowed, but otherwise didn’t move. Hermione slid herself between him and the door, breaking his stare.

“You’re not going to give them any trouble, are you?” she asked, crossing her arms.

Ron shook his mind loose. “No, I mean… no, I’ll let them be.”

Hermione uncrossed her arms and dropped them to her side. “This will be all over the train by the time we arrive at King’s Cross, you know.”

Ron nodded. “Yeah.”

“They don’t seem to be hiding it. They just seem to want some privacy,” she added.

Ron nodded again.

Hermione put her hand on Ron’s shoulder. “So why are we hiding?”

Ron shrugged. “I dunno.”

Hermione brought her other arm up and put both arms around his neck. “I don’t want hide anymore.”

Ron looked into the eyes of his girlfriend, marveling at how soft they could look. “Okay.”

She leaned in and kissed him full on in the mouth, not holding back, not caring who saw. Ron could hear a few gasps from around him. He ceased to care, wondering suddenly why they had kept their relationship a secret in the first place. He was standing in the middle of a train car, and the greatest witch of his age was snogging him senseless. Let them talk.

When she was done, Hermione hugged Ron close. “Now, isn’t that better?”

Ron nodded as he hugged her back. “Much.”

Hermione let go and grabbed Ron’s hand. “Come on, more rounds to do.”

* * *

By the time Seamus, Lavender, Neville and Luna returned, Ginny had decided to sit between Harry and the window, looking out with him as the countryside went by. She was leaning back onto him, and he had his hand around her waist, her hand on his. He was enjoying holding her like this, marveling to himself how good it felt just to hold someone. She was wearing a light perfume, though after a little while he noticed he couldn’t smell it anymore. It didn’t matter; it just felt right holding her quietly and watching the scenery. He felt happy and content.

A knock on the door reminded Ginny that she had locked it. She retrieved her wand, pointed over her shoulder, muttered the counterspell and put her wand back in her pocket. Lavender was in first; she entered with a gasp.

“Did you two, erm,…?” she began.

“Yes,” Harry and Ginny replied together, not turning around.

“What’d they do?” Seamus asked excitedly as he pushed his way into the compartment. Neville and Luna followed a few seconds later. Harry finally turned around to face them.

“Yes?” he asked with a grin.

“Oh,” Seamus replied as casually as he could. “Is that all?”

“What were you expecting?” Harry asked in amused defiance. “Think we’d snuggle up and snog each other senseless while the rest of you watched?”

Seamus shrugged. “Well, I dunno.”

“I think it’s great,” Lavender commented, sitting down. “It’s about time, too. You two have been eyeing each other all year.”

“Oh, I’ve been eyeing him for much longer than that,” Ginny said finally.

“Where are Ron and Hermione?” Neville asked. “Shouldn’t they be done by now?”

“I think Ginny scared him off,” Harry replied. Ginny laughed softly.

“Well, just so you know, Hermione snogged him big time just outside the door here right after his little scene,” Seamus revealed.

Ginny turned around quickly. “You’re joking!”

Neville, Luna and Lavender joined Seamus as he shook his head.

Ginny looked at Harry, smiled, then turned back to the window. “Mum is going to be unbearable.”

“Here they come!” Lavender said, looking out the door and pointing.

Ron and Hermione stopped at the door and looked in, being overly cautious. “Is it safe to enter?” Ron asked.

Everyone in the car snickered. “Yes, Ron, it’s safe,” Ginny said as she turned back around to sit in on the bench properly, taking hold of Harry’s hand as she did.

“Oh good,” Ron said, stepping into the compartment. He was holding Hermione’s hand; she followed him in looking a little nervous.

“That was quite a smooch you gave him in the hallway, Hermione,” Seamus teased as she sat down.

Hermione blushed as she put her arms around Ron’s neck. “You should have seen the one I gave him in the Prefect car,” she said slyly.

Ron’s ears and face turned red. “Hermione!”

Hermione gave him a peck on the cheek. “Yes Ron?”

Everyone in the compartment enjoyed a healthy laugh. This seemed to ease Ron a bit as he sat down on the bench. Hermione sat next to him and took his hand.

“This is so romantic,” Lavender sighed. “I mean, we always though you and Ron secretly liked each other, Hermione, but we never imagined we be there to see you kiss him in public. And Ginny, you finally snagged Harry, well done!”

Ginny blushed. “Well, Harry did all the snagging, really.”

Ron shot Harry a quizzative look. “What did you do exactly?”

Harry was about to answer, but Ginny cut him off. “That’s none of your business.”

Ron was about to protest, but Hermione pulled him back around. “It’s not, really.”

“But…” Ron tried to say.

Hermione crossed her arms, stared at Ron and raised an eyebrow.

Ron thought for a moment, then relented. “Fine, you win.”

“Don’t prefects have unrestricted access to the Astronomy Tower?” Luna asked out of nowhere.

All eyes turned to Ron and Hermione. They blushed a new shade of red. “Well, yes, they do,” Hermione admitted.

“I thought so,” Luna said dreamily.

Seamus’s face was full of shock. “You didn’t!”

Hermione looked at Seamus in disbelief. “It’s none of your business!”

Seamus looked at Neville just before the two of them burst out in laughter. Harry looked at Ginny suddenly. The look on her face told him she had the same idea he had. He had forgotten she was a prefect.

“It’s not funny,” Lavender said firmly. “Matters of the heart are not to be taken lightly.”

“I know,” Seamus agreed, “but I still think it’s unfair that the prefects have unlimited access to the most romantic snogging spot at Hogwarts.”

“Oh, like you’d know anything about romance, Seamus,” Lavender smirked.

Seamus looked mildly offended. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Lavender scoffed. “Taking a girl to a professional Quidditch match is not romantic!”

“Why not?” Seamus, Ron, Harry and Ginny asked together.

After a brief, awkward pause, the compartment erupted in laughter. Even Luna let loose a muted chuckle.

“Well, I don’t know about Seamus, but Ron turned out to be quite romantic,” Hermione offered.

Ron blushed, but said nothing.

“Oh do tell,” Lavender said, sitting up and being attentive.

“Well, just before we started going out, he started leaving me notes in the Girl Prefect’s bathroom. He apparently was giving them to Ginny to leave there. They were always written in perfect penmanship, always on pink paper, and always smelled of strawberries.”

Harry’s mind went in two directions. He turned to his new girlfriend. “You knew about Ron and Hermione and didn’t tell me?”

Ginny smiled and wrinkled her nose cutely. “Some people know how to keep a secret.”

Harry smiled back, then turned to Ron. “Well, that explains the pink paper, then. I was going to ask, but decided not to.”

Ron blushed some more. “Thanks for that.”

“So then the last note he left me had a riddle on it,” Hermione continued. “This riddle led me to Gryffindor Tower where I found another riddle, and so on. Ron was waiting for me at the last location, holding a single red rose.”

Lavender looked like she was going to cry. “That is so sweet!”

“I know!” Hermione agreed. “It took him about ten minutes before I got him to admit why he did it all. We kissed for the first time that night.”

“Were you surprised to find Ron there?” Neville asked.

Hermione looked over to Ron. “Not really. I was more surprised he had the courage to go through with it, and that he was a romantic at heart.”

“So you knew he liked you?” Seamus asked, surprised.

Hermione smiled and blushed a little. “I suspected. I mean, come on, every time anyone mentioned Viktor he’d turn redder than his hair.”

“I did not,” Ron said weakly.

“You did to!” Hermione, Harry and Ginny rebutted together.

Neville, Seamus and Lavender burst out laughing. Ron shrugged sheepishly. Hermione put her arms around Ron and snuggled into him.

“I was beginning to wonder if he’d every say anything,” Hermione admitted. “As soon as the notes started appearing, I watched him carefully. He didn’t let on much at all, but he wouldn’t exactly look straight at me. That’s when I was pretty sure he was sending them.”

“What about you, Ginny?” Lavender asked. “When did you suspect Harry liked you?”

Harry looked nervously at Ginny. It wasn’t until today that he had given her any real indication that he thought of her as anything more than just good friends. His nervousness increased when he noticed she had a mischievously sly grin on her face.

“That is a difficult question to answer,” Ginny replied.

Lavender raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

Ginny took a deep breath. “Because, as you all know, I had a crush on Harry at one time. I got over it eventually, but then I got to know him, and realized just how much I cared about him. I tried to drop him a subtle hint every once in a while, and he seemed to react well. Hermione thought Harry was starting to like me, but I didn’t want to get my hopes up.”

Harry blinked. “So you were dropping hints!”

Ginny looked at Harry incredulously. “You didn’t realize that’s what they were?”

“Well, I thought they were, but I thought you were over me, so I just assumed you were being friendly,” Harry revealed.

Ginny smiled. “So what changed your mind?”

Harry shrugged. “I dunno, I guess at one point I started wishing they really were hints.”

“I bet I know when that was,” Seamus teased.

Harry shot him an evil look, but Lavender pressed on. “When was that?”

“It was the Spring dance,” Seamus continued, unabashed. “Harry was waiting in the common room. I remember it so well; he insisted he and Ginny were just going as friends. He seemed very uncomfortable as he said it. Then Ginny and Hermione came down, and they went over to Ron. I remember Ron’s reaction, but then I saw Harry staring at Ginny. He didn’t take his eyes off of her until she turned and waved.”

“I remember that!” Ginny said excitedly as she turned to Harry. “You were starting at me?”

Harry nodded sheepishly.

“As I recall,” Luna chimed in, “You two only danced with each other all night.”

Neville’s mouth gapped open. “How do you know all these things?”

Luna stared at Neville severely. “It’s amazing what you can learn if you just keep your eyes open.”

“Wait a minute,” Seamus said. “You two danced only with each other the whole Spring Dance, and you only got together today?”

Harry thought for a second, but Ginny answered first. “To be fair, Seamus, Harry has had a lot on his mind and much to be getting on with. The last thing I wanted to do was rush him into anything.” She put her arms around his neck and said, “Besides, he came around on his own, and it’s better that he did when he was ready.”

“If I’d known how you felt, I might have come around a little sooner,” Harry admitted.

Ginny wrinkled her nose. “What fun would that have been?”

* * *

As the train approached the station, only Ginny, Hermione and Ron were in the compartment with Harry. Ginny was hugging Harry close, as was Hermione to Ron.

“Do you have to go back to your Aunt and Uncle’s?” Ginny asked.

Harry nodded. “At least for a little while. Dumbledore told me it was the only place that I am truly safe.”

Ginny looked at him, confused. “Did he tell you why?”

Harry nodded solemnly. “It has to do with my mother.”

Ginny gasped. “I’m sorry, Harry. I didn’t mean to pry.”

“It’s okay,” Harry assured her. “I’m never there for long. I assume Dumbledore just wants to make sure Voldemort doesn’t come after me right off the train.”

There was a pause before Hermione said, “It’s going to be different at the Burrow now that we’re together.”

A thought hit all four of them at the same time. Ron spoke first. “What about mum and dad?”

Harry looked back and forth between his friends, waiting for someone to speak. “Do we tell them?” he asked finally.

“I think we have to,” Hermione said. “It’s the right thing to do.”

“Mum is going to go bonkers,” Ginny sighed. “She’ll probably ask when we plan on having the wedding.”

“And I’ll probably get a good talking to from your dad,” Harry added.

“And the twins,” Ron added.

“And Bill and Charlie,” Hermione added.

“And Percy too, if he can pull himself away from the Ministry long enough,” Ron risked.

Harry gulped. “I’m doomed.”

Everyone but Harry laughed. Ginny squeezed him assuringly. “Don’t worry; I’ll keep them in line.”

Harry had a thought just then. “You know, thinking about all of this has given me an idea.”

Ginny raised an eyebrow. “Oh?”

Harry nodded. “You remember that dream vacation I told you about?”

“Yeah...?” Ginny asked.

“Well, maybe, someday, if things go right, we could make it a honeymoon instead.”

Ginny started making funny faces, so Harry clarified. “I mean, after we’ve been going out for a while, and if things work out, we might consider, you know, getting married maybe, and if we did, I think that would make a great honeymoon.”

Ginny looked at Harry with a twinkle in her eyes. “I think so too.”




Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear