Search:

SIYE Time:1:50 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


It'll Be Okay
By Rianna

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger
Genres: Fluff, Drama
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 24
Summary: Harry and Ginny, once the most loving and well-known couples of the wizarding world, are now but a bitter memory. But on the day of Ginny's wedding to another man, their feelings come out.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5205







ChapterPrinter


It'll Be Okay

A/N: Ok, this is my first fic that isn't songfic, and it's a one-shot so you can be sure that it's finished! I hope you enjoy it!

She stood before the mirror, gazing at herself in the brilliant white dress.

She tugged at her hair, toyed with her lipstick, adjusted her gown, smoothed it out, but nothing could take away that feeling in the pit of her stomach. This wasn't butterflies. No, this wasn't nerves. It was regret.

She hated herself for feeling it, but couldn't help it. This wedding was perfect. She had the perfect dress, perfect ceremony, perfect fiance. Thomas was great. Strong, handsome, loyal, supportive. He had everything that Ginny wanted except...

He wasn't Harry.

Hermione appeared in the doorway, her once-bushy hair now sleek and shimmery as it was at the Yule Ball nearly ten years ago.

"How are you, Gin?" she asked.

Ginny tried to speak, but only made a strange gulping noise.

Hermione came into the room, the small train of the midnight blue bridesmaid dress following behind her. She looked so beautiful now, at four months pregnant and showing. The lightweight, irridescent fabric made her glow.

"You look stunning, Gin" Hermione told her, coming up behind her and standing in the mirror.

"Like you don't" Ginny said, trying to change the subject. She put a hand on Hermione's stomach.

"Hello, my little neice or nephew! This is aunt Ginny!" she cooed, and Hermione laughed.

"How are you?" the older girl asked.

Ginny pondered for a moment.

"Worried." she said.

"About what?"

"That something will go wrong," Ginny said, avoiding Hermione's gaze, "That this is a mistake" she added in an undertone.

"How could this be? You love him."

"Yes..." said Ginny, trying hard to convince herself.

"Don't worry Gin, it'll be okay." Hermione said. She paused, then slowly walked out of the room.

Ginny was left stading in front of the mirror, thinking about another time when those exact words had been said to her.

***

It was April of Harry's seventh year, Ginny's sixth. They had been dating since the beginning of her fifth year, and were very much in love.

Thinking back on it, Ginny realized that her parents probably knew where they were really going, but neither protested at their story of "a day in Hogsmeade."

Harry rented them a cabin just on the outskirts of Hogsmeade itself. They nervously walked hand-in-hand down the familiar cobbled pavement until reaching it. Harry took a key out of his pocket and put it in the knob.

They went into the room, and Ginny had to cover her mouth to keep herself from gasping. There were over 50 white candles lit, varying from tea sized to over a foot tall. The only furnishings in the room was a small fireplace, a loveseat, and a bed in the center of the room, upon which laid rose petals.

"Do you like it?" Harry asked nervously.

"Like it? Harry, I love it!" she said excitedly.

"I knew you would." he replied, taking her into his arms and kissing her.

"I love you." she said, and he kissed her again.

They stood there for a few minutes until Harry spoke.

"Er, what should we do?"

Ginny giggled to mask her nervousness.

"I suppose we should take our clothes off." she said.

"Oh, yeah. I'll just turn around then..." he turned on his heel, but Ginny turned him back around.

"Harry, we're going to be making love. You're going to see me naked." she said.

"Right. Okay." he said, a very noticable note of anxiey in his voice. He began to unbutton his shirt, but Ginny laid a hand over his.

"Let me." she said. He let his hand fall uselessly to the side while, one-by-one, Ginny assisted him in unbuttoning his shirt. He slid the sleeves off and the garmet fell to the floor.

"Now you do mine." she said. He looked terrified at the thought, but didn't protest.

He unbuttoned hers' in the same slow, seductive fashion until it, too, had fallen to the ground. She unhooked her bra.

Harry looked as if he was about to either die or scream. He alternated looking at her face and her naked chest. She laughed a little, then began unbuttoning her pants. Harry, taking a clue, did the same. Soon they were both naked, standing quite akwardly in the middle of the room.

Shyly, Harry took her hand. She smiled, and they walked to the bed together.

Harry began wiping off the rose petals, muttering something along the lines of 'don't know why I bother with these things'.

They sat down in unison, and silently searched for a position.

It was Ginny's turn to be nervous. Harry stared down at her, and she felt his heart beating against her chest.

"If you don't want to do this, we don't have to." he said.

"I do, Harry" she said, smiling again. He smiled back at her.

"I love you." he told her.

"I love you, too." she said.

"Don't worry Gin, it's going to be okay."

***

She began to sob, the tears falling onto the gold emroidered bodice of her dress.

Hermione came in again, and saw her sitting alone, crying.

"What's wrong?" she asked her, her voice lined with tears itself.

"It's perfect, Hermione! Thomas is perfect, the wedding is perfect. It's all perfect. But it's not Harry!" she said, and at the sound of his name, began sobbing more uncontrollably.

She sat down beside her on the bed, and silently sobbed, too, either from hormones or realization.

"Go, Ginny," she whispered to her,

"I c-c-can't! I can't just leave my wedding! What will I tell Thomas?"

"Nothing. I'll explain. He'll be sad, but it's better than marrying a man you don't love."

Ginny stood, looking at Hermione uncertainly.

"Go" she repeated, taking Ginny's hand "It'll be okay."

At the sound of those oh-too familiar words, Ginny smiled, and with a pop, she was gone.

***

Harry was sitting at the table, reading the Daily Prophet. Ginny remembered when he used to do that every day after he got home from work. Suddenly, fear overtook her.

What if he's found someone else? What if he hates me? What if he's not the same Harry I knew?

"Ginny?" he said, looking up.

"Hi." she said, producing a small wave.

He got up and walked over to her, as if to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

"I-is that really you?" he whispered. She nodded.

He took her into his arms and didn't have any intention of letting her go. She cried onto his broad shoulder, and they stood there, locked in the embrace, for what could have been a minute or eternity.

"Wait, this isn't right! Today is the day-the day of your wedding!" he said. He looked down at her. "You're wearing a wedding dress!"

"I know, Harry."

"You're marrying that Thomas bloke! You're supposed to be there right now!"

"Harry, the only man I want to marry is standing right in front of me."

He looked at her, as if she spoke words in a completely different language.

"Are you sure?" he said. She nodded.

He slowly walked over to her, and she assisted him in taking off his shirt...

A/N: How do you like it? Good, bad? Tell me!!
Reviews 24
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear