Search:

SIYE Time:2:10 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Final Battle
By Ginnyrules

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Tragedy
Warnings: Death, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: The final battle has come. who will survive and who wil perish? r/r
Hitcount: Story Total: 3690







ChapterPrinter


Harry looked down the end of the slender wand clutched tightly in his hand. Many thoughts crossed his mind as he thought of what he had to do. His arms were dirty, scratched and covered with blood, some his own, some from the bodies lying on the open plain around Stone Henge.

Looking up at the dark moon you remember days when they were happy. Harry and his group of friends, Ron, tragically killed in a broom accident when a death eater threw a charmed bludger at him. The funeral had been hard, especially for Hermione, they had only been engaged for three months and were overjoyed about it. Now with Hermione working as a field surgeon she was depressed and rarely went out anywhere. He saw red and realized he was imagining holding Ginny, his one love, in his arms, under a starry sky much like tonight. How defiant they looked shining down as men slaughtered men.

Stepping forwards into the ring of stones Harry wiped the blood from his eyes; Hermione had charmed his eyes in the seventh year so that he did not have to wear glasses if he did not want to. They would have been too much of a hassle in the battle if he had decided to look like his younger self. A cool wind sprang up from nowhere wiping the black hair up, revealing his scar. Tonight it was glowing in anticipation of the kill. Harry touched his wand to the centre altar and screamed as a much larger hook than normal pulled his navel through time and space. He did not see the small redhead following.

Harry landed with a bump on hard earth and quickly stood up spinning round. He gasped and almost fell. He was standing in the ruins of Godrics Hollow. But images kept flashing around the ruined building displaying stories from long ago. Finally it settled on one image. His parent’s death. Suddenly a cold voice pierced the air.

‘Harry Potter! Hah! Tell me how does a mere baby destroy the most powerful wizard of all time? Well I will tell you. By destroying the ones he loves the most.’

Fear gripped Harry as he imagined Ginny.

‘Yes the Weasley girl, oh Mr Malfoy told me all about her before he had an… unfortunate accident shall we say when he refused an order from me.’

The wind drew itself into a spiralling column and it slowly formed into a tall, impossibly thin man with red eyes.

‘Oh but you wont destroy me again boy! You see I have been researching for a long time now and have finally found the spell that will render you helpless.’

‘Voldemort,’ Harry breathed, then suddenly burst into laughter. How had he ever found that name frightening, it was kind of corny really. ‘You can never defeat me, I will always come back to haunt you, you killed all those I love, but you can not kill me.’

‘We shall see boy.’ Voldemort turned to the picture of his parents being killed and placed his wand into it, making the surface ripple like a liquid.
‘Hari Ne Flaoval Misson Kollo Hah!’ The picture convulsed and tore open down the middle, Harry felt like crying, seeing his mother divided in two like that. Then to his horror, the worst thing possible happened. Another Voldemort stepped from the picture onto the ground, then the picture changed to the Chamber of Secrets and Ginny nearly gave her position away with a gasp, Tom Riddle stepped out, next the graveyard where he had last fought Voldemort, a 4th Voldemort stepped out as the picture vanished.
All four laughed at him.

‘You see, there is no way you could beat four of me! HAHAHAHA!’ The real voldemort laughed loudly.

Harry groaned and tried to think of something that could combat four Voldemorts and knew it was useless.

One of the Voldemorts sent out a rope from his wand but Harry cut it in two diving behind a wall, and too his surprise found a crouching Ginny. He looked at her furiously but also with deep sadness knowing that she would not get out of here unscathed.

‘Ginny!’ He whispered furiously, ‘What are you doing here!’

‘Harry I can’t let you do this alone! groaned, they had gone through this many times, but she would not just see the obvious fact.

‘Ginny, he will KILL you if he finds you!’

‘Well then I will be waiting for you, and don’t even say it, I am not going!’

‘Ahh!’ Harry groaned, she was too stubborn. Well he wouldn’t let her be detected.

He stood and walked forwards before sending out a series of spells.


‘Ricosha Empera, Expelliarmus, Gealla Hwnedi!’ They were all deflected and then Harry realizad, The wands of all tour are the same, they can’t duel mine!

‘Yes Mr Potter we are well aware we cannot duel you, but they can!’ Five death eaters came into sight all firing Avada Kedavara at the same time. Harry smiled rembering back to that fateful day in the library with Hermione, working on a new spell when a cloaked figure had cast the death spell. They had been mixing the strongest defense, blocking spells they could find, and mixing them using Harry’s unique powers. The spell had been deflected away from them killing the death eater instantly.

‘Nevade coilli Pashu Expelifarus!’ A shield rose, shimmering with light as the death spells shot forwards. The death eaters laughed, until they saw the green bolts of light heading back. They fell as one. The Voldemorts stared.

‘What! Nothing can block the death spell!’

‘Oh really?’ smirked Harry. It was then that he noticed the precariously leaning chimney. He muttered a spell and the rocks burst into blue flame,then he infused them with the death spell. He had used it once before and found that it took a great deal of power out of him. Then he banished the stones, they flew into Tom Riddle, as Harry guessed he would be the weakest as he was the youngest. He aimed true and they hit the surprised man in the head, knocking him dead in a flash of green and blue, his body disappeared into the memory and this time when Ginny gasped, all three pairs of eyes turned to look at the wall.

‘Well, well, it looks like the great Mr Potter managed to bring along his greatest weakness.

‘ACCIO GIRL!’ They shouted as one and she flew up into the air, landing at their feet where she found herself looking up at three black wands.

‘Now, put your wand down Potter or the girl dies!’

‘Let her go!’ screamed Harry, then he realizd he had just showed that she did care for her.

‘Don’t do it Harry!’ Ginny cried. But he just shook his head.

‘PUT IT DOWN!’ Yelled the demons. Slowly Harry put his wand down knowing that Ginny would probably be killed anyway, but he had to buy them time. Quickly the demons summoned his wand and clutched it tightly.

‘Fool!’ They muttered. ‘Now we can kill you easily. ‘AVADA KEDAVARA!’

‘NO!’ screamed Ginny but Harry managed to jump out of the way, the door step blowing up behind him. He looked at Voldemort and almost grinned.

‘There is something you don’t know about me Voldemort.’ He smiled and with one easy push shattered Voldemort’s mind shields. ‘I’ve been practicing.’ He seized hold of all the vaguely good memories he could find and would have felt sorry for him if it had been anyone else, then thrust them forwards into the forefront of his mind, the Voldemorts screamed and fell releasing Ginny, clutching their heads as the kindness attacked them. Harry struggled to maintain his hold on the goodness as the memories became more and more unkind and horrible.

A small boy with jet black hair and a beaming face raced down the grand stairs in a large house, jumping the bottom two and skidding to a halt. He ran into the first of the numerous sittingrooms to find the fires out and the rooms empty. He frowned, small creases wrinkling his angelic face. The boy seemed to realize something and ran into the next and the next, only tot find the rooms abandoned and cold. Finnaly he entered the enormous ballroom where his parents held partys and shows. From which he was always banned and left upstairs in an enormous bedroom with numerous toys, but noone to play with. Inside there was a tall tree bristling with depilated needles. The boy smiled and ran, sliding across the polished floor, but soon stopped still as he realized all the decorations were gone and the base of the tree empty. But for a small note which read. ‘Tommy, food is in the parlour, your father and I have gone away for a few days, go into town and buy yourself something. M’ A single tear fell from his eye and landed on the note. Not even a Happy Christmas.

Harry screamed as Voldemort pushed him out of his head, his face distorted in a furious rage, he would never forgive making him relive those memories, painfully hid away for years. Gathering up Ginny Voldemort smiled nastily as Harry gasped.

‘Put her down!’ He cried but the evil wizards just laughed, a high, twisted laugh. Harry realized that kindness hurt him, that was why the memories and his mother’s love hurt him so. Harry edged forwards.

‘Now, now, it’s all right. I’m sure you didn’t mean to hurt your parents.’ As Harry continued Voldemort’s features grew darker and darker.

‘Be quiet boy!’ A pain shot through the men.

‘It will be alright, there are lots of presents, it was just a dream, all a dream…’

‘CRUCIO!’ A scream split the air and Harry’s head fell in two with pain but he realized he was not the true recipient. Ginny lay riving on the floor, screaming, her beautiful voice breaking, as her body was bent into incredible, but disgusting shapes. Anger grew inside Harry as he watched his love being tormented so. The pain was afflicting him as well though and it jarred his process. He realized he didn’t have his wand, and the Voldemorts flicked theirs and he went soaring up into the air. Finnaly after what seemed like hours, but was a few minutes, the spell was lifted and Ginny lay prostrate upon the rubble, just like his mother, red hair spread beneath her like a shimmering halo, once chocolate filled eyes, clouded over, seeing beyond. She was barely breathing. Harry fought the spell, that held him a metre off the ground. With all the power he could muster he fought the spell and found to his surprise that he was moving down, until the spell was actually completely broken. He rushed towards, Ginny and his breath caught seeing her like that, like she was the day she had rescued her from the Chamber of Secrets.
He stood and launched himself through the air and to all their surprise actually punched Voldemort. The Voldemorts cried out. They had been so prepared for magical attacks theyhad forgon protection of this kind. One of the voldemorts cringed as he fell under the onslaught of 2 years martial arts worth of training as Harry pulled off every move he knew, some he must have invented on the spot. With a final yell he launched a dragon kick sending the beast back into his picture. Two left now. The other two had quickly conjured up shields and blasted Harry away with the wands.

‘Hmm Potter, you are very clever, you should have joined me you know, you could have become my righthand in time.’ Noted the Voldemorts.
‘You lie!’ Yelled Harry, ‘all you care about is yourself not others or the love they may have once felt for you, yes you! Someone out there may have once loved you!’

Voldemort paled. Pain showing across his face.

‘Your’e wrong, noone loved me. Elsa Jenkins at school, turned me away just because I put a rat tail in her book! See? Love is pitelous, as you are about to find out. You see I have found a spell, that requires two brother wands. Which I now have thanks to you. It tortures the person beyond control and then turns their body inside out, then finally beheads them, a medieval curse. Nice hey? And your girlfriend gets to be the first victim!’

Harry yelled and ran forwards to find himself secured by snakes, held in place and they would not listen to him, even in parseltongue. Ginny was just awake when she saw Harry trussed up and the two Voldemorts advancing on her holding Harry’s and his wand. She screamed and thrust out her hand still holding her wand. A bolt of power shot through the head of one of the Voldemorts, exploding him but the other just picked up Harry’s wand.

‘Goodbye dear, HARSO KAIRISO MAUTUNA HENDA!’ Yelled Voldemort and Ginny’s screams filled the air. Harry forced himself to look and found himself crying, with anger, with fear, with sorrow. How could he let Ginny get into this! Idiot! Suddenly Ginny fell quiet and Harry burst.

‘NOOOOOOOOOO!’ He cried, and then as Voldemort laughed evily, all Harry’s emotions he had ever stored up, the anger from the Dursleys, the anger at being protected, his anger at Voldemort. Then all the images he had of Ginny, smiling wearing her favourit dress, and singing to herself, entered his mind.

A green blast shot out from Harry’s body, growing larger and larger, it tore into Voldemort, sending him spinning up, then he looked directly at him, and Voldemort realized just what it meant to look death in the face. Another blast sent Godric’shollow into the air, and Voldemort was engulfed as the fire devoured him.
Harry ignored the screaming figure as he staggered to Ginny’s side. A single tear fell from his eyes. It was green, the colour of his eyes. A sound filled the air, a mystical song. Harry looked up and saw the whole army standing atop the ridge looking down on the ruins. Harry looked at Dumbledore, who nodded, grim. Hermione clutched Mrs. Weasley both sobbing both looking down at the pain and sorrow. He scanned the crowd. Moody, Tonks, Kingston, the Weasleys, they all spanned the range. He frowned.

‘Where’s Lupin?’He asked quietly, he heard Tonks sob and turned and saw her expression on her face. His heart tore from halves into quarters.

‘NO!’ He screamed. He collapsed sobbing. He felt a soft pressure on his tattered shoulder. He looked up to see Fakes the phoenix looking at him, head cocked questioningly.

‘It’s too late Fawkes, too late…’ Harry looked down at the body of his only love, looking so much like his mother it was scary. Tears flowed freely know, bright as emeralds. Suddenly a red tear joined it and a golden tear. He looked up to see Fawkes and Dumbledore crying. He had never seen the old man like this before and felt humbled. Hermione appeared and a brown tear joined the flow. Harry looked at the body and jumped. It was glowing all the colours as the tears joined into a shimmering beam, of light from the group. Ginny moved and Harry shouted out loud. He gathered her glowing body up into his arms. He leapt up and beamed at them as Ginny awoke. He did not question this, but as the crowd looked on, Harry floated up into the air, then with a wild yell shot forwards high, up with no assistance, pure magic trailing behind him. He swung Ginny in his arms as sparks flew from his hands. Harry’s face was glowing now, along with the rest of his body, pulses of light shook the air, as all Harry’s happiness combined with his other emotions. Dumbledore shouted in exclamation. This was the most powerful performance of magic he had ever seen, that had ever been recorded. This was greater than the legendary Merlin. Beams shot out from Harry filling he crowd with the light. As they floated into the air they saw Ginny move into Harry as their bodies seemed to morph together, they became to dazzling to watch. Hermione turned to Dumbledore.

‘But how…?’Dumbledore smiled. ‘Love my dear, the Power of Love.’
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear