Search:

SIYE Time:7:36 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Skittles
By highhopes

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: Some feelings come to light, with the help of a muggle candy
Hitcount: Story Total: 4081







ChapterPrinter


Ginny paused by the doorway to the entrance of the Burrow, startled to see Harry sitting with his back against a couch, facing the fireplace. His head was on his knees, and he was probably crying, but Ginny felt that he needed to talk to someone, so she started to enter. Then she stopped as a thought struck her. Whirling about, she went to back to her room.

Only moments later, Ginny again entered the room. She plopped herself down by Harry, who raised his head. There were traces of tears on his face, which he hid as soon as he saw her.

“You’re up extremely early, Harry!” Ginny offered.

“Couldn’t sleep.” He grunted in reply.

“I still have nightmares too, want a Skittle?”

“No, and I didn’t say I had a nightmare.”

“Whatever, Harry. I know you. Besides, you are missing out on one of the essential food groups by not eating candy.”

“I thought you were only supposed to eat a little fat.” Harry stated calmly, despite his throaty voice.

“Yeah, and you haven’t had any, which isn’t healthy.”

Harry didn’t answer.

“Harry I know what you’re thinking-“ Ginny started.

“No! Ginny, you don’t know.” Harry was quick to interrupt, and Ginny’s temper flared a little bit. She stood.

“Actually, Harry, I know quite well. You want to blame yourself. You keep thinking that if you’d listen to Snape, and learned Occulemency, if you’d checked a little harder for Sirius, if you hadn’t believed that dream, if you’d been more forceful and not let me and Neville and Luna come. Then you go back to Cedric. If you’d not been so noble and convinced him to take the trophy with you, if you’d gotten to the Chamber sooner, if you’d caught Dumbledore faster in your first year, Voldemort might not have hurt or killed so many. So I’m going to tell you the truth. I blame you.”

With a cry, Harry leaped up and pinned Ginny against the wall. “It’s not my fault! I didn’t know! I was just trying to help, and I can’t always be there to save people. I didn’t kill Sirius! Don’t say that!”

“Harry,” Ginny said softly. “ Listen to yourself. Why do you keep blaming yourself when you know it’s not your fault? You keep beating yourself up, and for something you couldn’t control. And, Harry? I don’t blame you one bit.”

With that, Ginny disengaged herself from his arms and picked up the skittle bag. “Here, you need to eat some sugar.” Then she left the room.

Six hours later, a rumpled Ginny made an entrance at the kitchen, ready for breakfast. Harry was sitting at the table, talking animatedly to Ron, which was a first. They were talking about Quidditch, since Harry’s ban had recently been lifted. Ginny sat down and took a piece of toast from the plate in the middle. Right in the middle of a bite, Harry shot her a strange look, different than he’d been looking at her last night, or rather, at three in the morning. She shrugged.

“Mom, I’m tired, I didn’t sleep well last night. I think I’m going to go back up and take a nap. Okay?” Ginny announced suddenly.

“Ginny Weasley! You’ve been up for only thirty minutes! And you’re going to go back to sleep?!”

“It’s not like I have anything to do today, mother. Later, everybody.”

“Honestly! When I was a girl, we were up with the sun, helping our parents. And then-“

“But, when she was a girl, she wasn’t confined to the house because of being high of the Death Eater hit list,” Ginny muttered under her breath as she slid out of the room. Behind her, Harry and Ron looked at her retreating back, then at each other, and then burst out laughing.

“Too true, mate.” Harry said softly to Ron.

Knock, knock, knock.

“Merlin, let a girl sleep, would you? G’way.,” Ginny said to the door.

“Come on, Ginny, mom said that lunch is ready. It’s twelve. She’s really peeved that you slept the whole morning.” Ron voice came through the door annoyingly loud.

“Alright. I’m coming. Worming her way out of bed, Ginny threw on a clean shirt and some pants that looked washed.

Arriving in the kitchen, a delicious meal of honey baked ham and green beans awaited Ginny, along with a quick admonishment for sleeping so long.

“I was tired, mum. Don’t worry about it.” She sighed.

“Nightmares, Ginny?” Harry asked suddenly from across the table.

“No, I don’t have nightmares,” She replied, doing an uncanny impersonation of him that morning. Harry recognized the tone and ducked his head back down to his food, his face a slightly tinged with pink. Ron (of course) was completely oblivious to the whole thing. When Ginny was done with her meal, her mother reminded her that her room needed to be cleaned before Hermione arrived the next day.

“Mum, Hermione has seen it messy! Besides, what are you going to do? Ground me? Only joking, of course,” she added hastily, seeing the look in her mother’s eye. She went up the stairs, opened her door, and groaning at the growing pile of clothes, dust, and school books.

A noise at the door surprised her, and she whirled about. “Harry! What’s up?” he grinned (Ginny’s heart fluttered) and tossed the unopened bag of Skittles to her. Only her sharp Quidditch reflexes allowed her to snag the bag from midair.

“Care to share a bag of Skittles? You haven’t had your fat intake for the day.” He smiled wickedly. Stepping over piles of who-knows-what, Harry sat on her bed. Ginny followed suit, and opened the bag. They ate in silence for a while, before Harry said. “Thanks for last night, Gin.”

“This morning. And, you’re welcome.” Ginny paused. “ Harry, aren’t you curious why you’ve never seen this type of candy before?”

“Not really, I snuck a small bag from Dudley’s Halloween candy when I was eight. How’d you get some?”

“Dumbledore, he loves all muggle candy.”

“My favorite color is red, what’s yours?”

“Green,” Ginny said off-handedly, not noticing Harry’s quick glance. “You are chattier than you were before, everything okay?”

“Yeah, what with you and Dean?”

“Oh, honestly,” Ginny declared. “I said that to get Ron mad. Plus, I only said him because he was walking by the door of our compartment at the time. Why?”

“Oh, I was, um, just, wondering, you know, because he’s in my dorm and all.” Harry improvised. Ginny raised an eyebrow. Harry blushed, then said, “Well, maybe it’s because, recently, well… um.” He leaned forward and kissed her shyly on the lips. She was blushing when he broke away, and if the heat in his cheeks was any indication, so was he. “I’ve kind of been feeling like that recently.”

“Oh.” Ginny thought for a moment. Then, she grinned. “Me too,” and leaned over and planted another kiss on his lips, noticing that the taste of green and red skittles lingered through.

And-Ginny never finished cleaning her room before Hermione came over. And it turns out, that even a girl high on the Death Eater hit list and confined to the grounds of the Burrow can be grounded.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear