Search:

SIYE Time:6:05 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Games Muggles Play
By ForeverLadonna

- Text Size +

Category: Muggle Picnic Challenge (2005-2)
Characters:None
Genres: Humor
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 53
Summary: ** Winner of Best Humor in the Muggle Picnic Challenge **
Ah a muggle picnic, fun and games, Ron trying to barbecue, and Harry in a loincloth?
Hitcount: Story Total: 5509



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter is from the creative genius that is J.K. Rowling. I am not her.



A crowd gathered around the Gryffindor Common Room as Hermione Granger let out the announcement as she sat at the large table by the couch and fireplace. Her busy hair was tied back, and she had a quill stuck behind her ear.

“A muggle sports day?” Ron Weasley asked incredibly, as he sat next to her. Ron had been letting his hair grown out and now had it tied behind him. It wasn’t as long as his brother, Bill’s, but most of the female population of the castle had agreed it worked on him.

“Yes,” Hermione said. “A group of students approached Dumbledore about the idea and it was approved. Now, the professors have drawn up a schedule of games and because of the nice weather it will be held Saturday, April 5, by the lake. Students will run the games and participate. No magic is to be used at all.”

An uproar went up from the common room.

“This is how we are going to do this,” Hermione said sternly. “All students that have one or both parents that are muggle will run the games. The games assigned to Gryffindor are the sack race, best legs, three-legged race and egg toss. Therefore, we need volunteers to run them. In addition, it was decided that five house points would be given to the winner of each event. So we need volunteers who are enthusiastic and may win events signed up for them also. There also will be a swimsuit costume contest. Famous muggle couples is the theme.”

“That shag race sounds interesting,” Ron said.

“Sack race Ron,” Hermione sighed as she turned to him.

“Oh, well that’s no fun.”

“You know,” Hermione began in lecture mode, “it’s not exactly the best thing to be the fastest at —”

It was at that time she realized that everyone was silent and watching her. Ron, himself had a huge grin on his face.

“Yes?” he said smirking.

“Nevermind.”

“No go ahead, what?” Ron said holding back his laughter.

“Just drop it,” she hissed quietly to him.

“What do you want me to drop ’Mione?” he said loudly causing everyone in the room to snicker.

“You prat! Not everything I say can be taken as an innuendo,” she spat before turning back to the rest of the group. “Now we need volunteers to run our contests.”

“I’ll be in charge of the shag race! I mean sack race,” yelled Seamus from the back of the room.

“Bloody hell,” Hermione cursed surprising Ron as she put her head in her hands.

So that’s how it came to be that Seamus oversaw the sack race. Dean Thomas was running the three-legged race, Colin Creevey had taken pictures for the best legs contest, and Dennis Creevey was in charge of the egg toss. Hermione, herself had volunteered to cook for the Gryffindor tower. (“This gives the house elves a break. I truly believe this event can help further SPEW.”)

So on Saturday morning, Harry along with the rest of the seventh-year and some sixth-year Gryffindors could be found setting up their picnic area by the lake. Seamus had taken ten large potato sacks from the kitchens over to the games area. Dennis Creevey was carefully balancing several cartons of eggs as he walked around the chairs, blankets and tables set up to where the egg toss would be held.

Around 11 a.m., Harry finally got a chance to sit down and wiped the sweat from his brow. This was a lot of hard work. Harry noticed Ron drop down next to him on the picnic table.

“Nutters all of this,” Ron explained.

“Yeah.”

“Harry, what are those weird looking bottles and rocks Hermione has by the muggle barbsqube?”

“Huh?” Harry turned around to watch Hermione setting some charcoal into the barbecue and douse it a little bit with lighter fluid. “Oh that’s just charcoal and lighter fluid. It helps the charcoal light later to cook. It’s sort of weird seeing Hermione get that ready.”

“Yeah, this no magic thing is throwing me off too.”

“No, I mean it’s usually the man’s job to barbecue. At least that’s what Uncle Vernon and the rest of the men on our street say. I’ve never seen Aunt Petunia even near one.”

“The man’s job?”

“Yeah —”

“Harry, Ron!” Ginny Weasley shouted running up to them. “You have to help me! I didn’t know I needed a partner when I signed up for the three-legged race, and it’s about to start and I can’t do it unless one of you help me!”

“No way sis,” Ron said, letting out a burp. “I’ve got to prepare my stomach for the hot dog eating contest.”

“You’re disgusting Ron,” snapped Ginny, before turning her puppy dog eyes to Harry. “Harry please?”

Harry willed himself not to look up at her, because he knew he would be trapped by those eyes. It wasn’t fair that she could do that really. He was willing to bet even Snape couldn’t totally resist that sad, pleading look in her eyes. Well okay, maybe not Snape, but Filch at least.

“Ginny, I signed up for the sack race. It starts as soon as the three-legged race ends. I couldn’t make it there in time,” he began.

“Oh please Harry. We’ll run right over from there. You’ll make it in time, please.”

He looked up and cursed himself. There was that look. “Oh all right.”

“Oh, thank you Harry!” Ginny said giving him a peck on the cheek. “Hurry up.”

Ginny grabbed his hand and pulled him up and toward the games area. Harry looked back to see Ron shaking his head at him and laughing.

Harry and Ginny reached the games area to see Dean Thomas and several others, including Crabbe and Bullstrode, waiting.

Ginny handed Harry a piece of rope. “Tie our legs together, hurry,” she said.

“What?” he said looking down. He was wearing jeans, but Ginny had a pair of shorts on that were a bit frayed. He through Ron said something about them being an old pair their mother had.

“Just do it. You’re not going to hurt me,” she snapped putting her left leg by his right.

“No, go on my other side. My wand holster is on that side,” Harry instructed.

“Wand holster?”

“Moody gave it to me,” Harry said leaning down to tie his and Ginny’s legs together. “Just to make sure I didn’t blow off my buttocks.”

“Well the female collective of Hogwarts just let out a sigh of relief knowing that Aurors are concerned with the safety of you buttocks,” Ginny giggled. “Ministry planning on having it bronzed someday? Maybe sell miniature versions at the gift shop?”

Harry stood up and smiled. Ginny really did have an interesting way of looking at things. “God I hope not.”

“All right everybody ready?” yelled Dean Thomas. “On the count of three take off. The first couple to reach the finish line wins. If your legs become untied, you are disqualified. However if you fall and get up you can still keep going. Ready?”

Harry put his arm around Ginny’s waist, while Ginny wrapped her arm around his.

“One.”

“Tied leg first,” Ginny said.

“Two”

“Right,” Harry answered.

“Three!”

Ginny and Harry hobbled off as quickly as they could go. This was really more difficult than it looked. Harry saw out of the corner of his eye. Crabbe and Bullstrode fall down, well rather accidentally knock one another out as their heads his together when they tried moving different feet. Ernie and Susan were doing very well, but he thought Ginny and him were still ahead.

The chalk line in the grass was just up ahead. Harry squeezed Ginny’s hip with his hand. “Come on almost there!” he said.

“Yeah!” she said laughing into the wind.

And suddenly they were there.

“Potter and Weasley win five points for Gryffindor!” Dean announced.

“Oh my gosh, that was fun,” Ginny said.

Harry looked over at her. The wind had blown her hair back and her cheeks were rosy from running. It reminded Harry of how she looked on the pitch. It was nearly breathtaking.

“Yeah.”

“Hurry up and untie us Harry. I don’t want you to be late for the sack race.”

“Oh yeah,” Harry said leaning down. He tugged on the rope only to realize he had tied a pretty good knot with the rope. “I can’t get it loose Ginny.”

“What? Let me try,” Harry leaned up as Ginny leaned down and struggled against the ropes.

“Oh no!” Harry said looking over the way. “The sack race is going to start. I can see Seamus reading the rules.”

“Well come on then,” Ginny said coming back up. “We didn’t win the three-legged race for nothing. Come on!”

They rushed over to the area to notice only once potato sack was left. Quickly Harry grabbed it and he and Ginny raced to the end of the line as everyone else watched them.

“How on earth are we suppose to get into this sack Harry?” Ginny asked.

“Here,” Harry said putting his free foot in the potato sack and holding an end with one hand. “Now put our connected feet in and then yours.”

Ginny did as she was told and soon they were in the sack. “Now what?”

“Uh,” Harry said thinking quickly. “Wrap your arms around me.”

“What?’

“Wrap your arms around me Gin,” he said taking one of her hands and wrapping it around his waist. Ginny did the same with the other hand. So now Ginny was hugging Harry and he had one arm around her and the other holding onto the sack. Harry suddenly felt very warm.

“Is this how this is suppose to work?” Ginny asked.

“I have no idea,” Harry answered his voice cracking a bit. “I’ve never done this before.”

“Great. Well does it look like we’re doing the same as everybody else?”

Harry looked around them. There wasn’t two people in any other sack, but he wasn’t about to tell Ginny that. “More or less.”

Suddenly Seamus’ voice came bellowing out from the other side of the game field where the finish line was. “Ready go!”

Harry watched as the others around them began to hop toward Seamus. Here we go he though as he took a hop and stumbled.

“Hop Ginny.”

“Well now you tell me.”

They had only managed to make it about three feet before they fell over. Harry put his arms in front of him to catch his fall, before he realized that Ginny was going to hit first. There was nothing he could do before they hit. He closed his eyes.

“OOF,” and landed on something extremely soft.

Harry was positive he was dead. He had either gone to heaven or would be there soon after six irate older brothers got a hold of him. He was on top of Ginny Weasley in a position that didn’t look at all innocent, and some part of him actually enjoyed that fact.

Yes he was dead. Death by Weasley brothers would what his obituary would read that was if the very fiery, yet very soft redhead underneath him didn’t kill him first.

“Harry can you get up?” Ginny asked timidly.

“I don’t know,” Harry said opening his eyes. “Are you hurt?”

“Well no, but you’re kind of on top of me if you hadn’t noticed.”

“No, I noticed,” he said without thinking. Quickly he slapped his forehead with his hand. Of all the stupid things to say, he said to himself.

“Well can you get up?”

“I don’t know,” he said struggling to get loose of the potato sack. “Maybe if I can get the sack off.”

Looking at the sack, Harry scooted down trying to get a hold of the sack. It was proving very difficult, having his leg still tied to Ginny’s. He tried to move down farther, but his glasses hit something on Ginny just making the whole thing more difficult.

“Um Harry, I don’t think that’s a good idea. Maybe we should just wait for someone to help us,” Ginny said timidly.

“Why?” he asked looking up at her. It was then that he noticed he was staring right at her chest. Merlin, when had she grown those! He was certain they weren’t there this morning, and they definitely hadn’t been there during the three-legged race, right? Harry closed his eyes. “Er right.”

He scooted back up to where he was before without opening his eyes. Maybe if he didn’t look at her, maybe he wouldn’t see anymore interesting changes about his best friend’s baby sister.

“Well we’ll just have to wait here from someone to help us. It shouldn’t take long. I mean how can you miss two people in a potato sack right?”

Minutes passed by, although they felt like hours to Harry. Suddenly Ginny began to squirm beneath him. Suddenly sparks flew throughout his body as his eyes shot open.

“What’s the matter?”

“Harry can’t you move sideways or anything?” Ginny Weasley sighed. “Your wand is digging into my thigh.”

“No I can’t see —”

“Ah, very interesting position I seem to have found the two of you in,” came a voice from above them.

Harry groaned, “Just shut up and help us up Finnegan.”

“You know,” Seamus began, “I always thought I’d catch the two of you in the sack together, but I didn’t mean it literally.”

“Merlin, just help us up before I hex you!” growled Ginny.

“You can’t love, no magic today remember? Oh and you do remember that this isn’t a shag race right?”

“NOW SEAMUS,” Harry and Ginny yelled together.

“Fine, fine,” the seventh year sighed. “And here I thought being in charge of the sack race would be fun. Don’t you two know there’s only suppose to be one person in the sack when you do this?”

“No.”

Seamus yanked the oversized potato sack of them, giving Harry enough room to at least roll over. Unfortunately, he forgot Ginny was still tied to him. When he rolled over, he pulled her with him, making it so she was leaning against his chest.

“I didn’t realize you were so desperate you had to tie a woman to you Potter,” Seamus teased.

“We hobbled our way straight from the three-legged race, which we won by the way,” Ginny explained. “Now could you untie us?”

“Anything for you love,” Seamus said working to untie them. “Merlin, didn’t want her to get away did you Harry? This is some knot.”

“Seamus,” Harry growled.

“Got it.” Suddenly the rope fell away from their legs.

“Finally,” Ginny said rubbing her calf before getting up. “I’m going to see how Ron’s doing, Harry. Thanks again.”

“No problem,” Harry said nodding as he watched her walk toward the picnic table by the lake. Unfortunately, he also noticed Seamus watching her too.

“Keep you eyes to yourself Finnegan,” Harry snapped.

“No crime looking mate,” Seamus said shrugging. “At least I wasn’t molesting her in a potato sack.”

“I was not —” Harry began angrily, before he closed his eyes and counted to ten. “Need I remind you that she’s Ron’s little sister?”

“There’s nothing little about that feisty sixth-year. I’d love to get into a sack with her. Though, I’m willing to wager you loved being in the sack with her more. Wand digging into her thigh, right.”

“Shut up.”

“Gladly,” Seamus said slapping him on the back. “I’m headed over to the lake. The swimsuit contest is going on you know.”

Harry watched Seamus practically skip over to the lake, where there were indeed several girls in various states of dress, er swimsuits. Sighing, Harry got up and made his way over to where Ron was at the hot dog eating contest.

Pushing his way through the crowd that was gathered, he was surprised to see only two people sitting at the main table — Ron and Goyle. Each one had several large empty serving trays off to the side. Justin Finch-Fletchley then ran up holding two more trays full of hot dogs and placed in front of each of them before taking off.

“There must be fifty hot dogs on that plate,” Harry said.

“Yes and he’s eaten five trays,” Hermione said next to him. “He’s going to make himself sick.”

“He really ate all that?” Harry said gesturing to the empty trays.

“Yes, that’s my brother the glutton,” came Ginny’s voice from the other side of Hermione.

Harry learned over to see her staring at Ron. He noticed the small smile on her face, her hair perfectly framing her face. Once again that warm feeling came over him.

“Though Goyle is looking a bit green,” Ginny’s voice began. “I do hope everyone clears out from around him. I think he’s going to be sick.”

Harry turned back around and cringed. Goyle most definitely looked ill. A second later, the large Slytherin stumbled up in his seat and held his stomach, before taking off toward the castle.

“And the winner of the hot dog eating contest is Ron Weasley,” Finch-Fletchley announced. “And thank Merlin because I don’t have any hot dogs left!”

The crowd laughed as Ron rose from his chair and let out a horrendous burp.

“Excuse me,” he said. “Now where’s dessert?”

Harry snorted as Ginny giggled as Ron swaggered over to them.

Hermione rolled her eyes back, “Honestly!”

The rest of the games went over very well, with the exception of the egg toss. It seems that Dennis Creevey had just explained that individuals were suppose to throw the egg across the way and someone on the other side was suppose to catch it. Somehow, everyone ended up throwing their eggs at Malfoy. The snobby ferret had ended up one big yellow, slimy mess. But no one really seemed to complain except him and Snape.

Taking a break, Harry looked around the grounds. Couples were sitting on the blankets, some eating some not. Several people were talking around the picnic tables, while others were cooking on the grills. Each house had to cook their own food. His stomach let out a growl. He hoped Hermione would say that their food was done soon.

He turned to look at the lake to see if the giant squid was out, when his eyes caught sight of her.

Ginny Weasley was sitting on a blanket down by the lake. The sun was reflecting off her hair giving it a glow as if it itself was magical. He frowned when he noticed her rubbing her calf again. He didn’t even realize it until he was standing over her, that he had began to walk toward her.

“Your leg hurt?” he asked.

Ginny’s head snapped up. “Harry!” she said surprised. “I didn’t see you coming. My leg’s just a bit sore that’s all. I didn’t realize how tight that knot must have been you tied at the time. I’ll be fine.”

“Well, here let me help,” Harry kneeled down and placed both his hands on Ginny’s leg. Harry rubbed the muscles in her leg working out the knots.

“Merlin that feels wonderful Harry,” Ginny said, leaning back. “If you ever need a job in the future you should be a massage therapist. Maybe the ministry should bronze your hands instead of your bum.”

Harry looked up at her and smiled. “Yes the hands and bum collection. I’m sure the Lockhart ones will sell quickly also.”

Ginny laughed heartily and Harry nearly beamed with the thought he was able to make her do that. Then he caught Seamus and Lavender’s expressions. The couple was sitting on a blanket a few feet behind Ginny and Harry.

Lavender’s eyebrows were nearly to her hairline, while Seamus was smirking. Harry lowered his head and looked at his hands as they continued to work on Ginny’s leg.

“I didn’t mean to tie the knot so tight,” he said.

“I’m just being a baby Harry,” Ginny said. “I’m fine now. I’m just so glad you agreed to be my partner for the race. We won five points for Gryffindor!”

“I know and thanks for getting in the sack with me,” he said before he realized what came out of his mouth. Turning red he quickly retorted, “I meant —”

“I know what you meant Harry,” Ginny said with laughter in her voice.

Suddenly a large plume of fire rose up in the air from around the barbecue. Jumping up, the two of them raced over to the barbecue to see Hermione standing over Ron who had been knocked down on the ground.

“RONALD WEASLEY! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?” she yelled. “YOU SQUIRTED FIVE CANS OF LIGHTER FLUID ON THE BURNING CHARCOAL!”

“I didn’t think it was hot enough!” Ron said firmly. “I’m cooking. It’s the man’s job to barbecue, right Harry? And I’m going to prove to you that I’m a man and I can do this!”

“What?”

“Harry said it’s the man’s job to barbecue, and I’m a man if you haven’t notice!” snapped Ron.

“Of course I’ve noticed you’re a man Ronald. I have eyes you know,” yelled Hermione. “But that doesn’t mean you know how to work a muggle grill!”

“It’s the man’s job Hermione!”

“There is no man’s job, woman’s job Ron!”

“Oh yeah? Than what about giving birth, huh? You girls always like to rub that one in our faces.”

“You are unbelievable!”

Ginny pulled Harry’s arm so he would lean down. Her breath tickled his ear and sent shivers down his spine. “You get the grill. I’ll get the food. Hopefully by the time this row’s over we’ll have the food done.”

“All right.”

A half hour later, Ron and Hermione had finally wound down and the Gryffindors were finally getting their food. Hermione had made her way up to Harry and Ginny and apologized for them having to do the work because of “Ron’s stupidity.”

Harry just shrugged it off. Ginny, on the other hand, handed Hermione a plate with two hamburgers on it. “Go take your man one,” she said motioning toward Ron who was sitting glumly at a picnic table.

“He is not —” Hermione began to huff.

Ginny shoved the plates at her. “I quote Miss Granger ’ Of course I’ve noticed you’re a man Ronald. I have eyes you know.’ Now take a plate to him and make up. It won’t do to have the people in the costume contest angry with each other, remember the theme is muggle couples. If you want something to drink there’s a cooler with butterbeer in it at the end of the main picnic table.”

Hermione muttered a few things under her breath as she walked off with the plates.

“I swear you and my brother are bad influences on her. That’s twice now I’ve heard her curse,” Ginny said smiling.

“Don’t blame that on me,” Harry said flipping the last few burgers. “If we’ve corrupted Hermione, then who exactly was your bad influence? I’ve heard some of the things you have told Malfoy you know.”

“It’s not my fault Bill’s the equivalent of a muggle sailor, and mum’s not so innocent herself. You should hear what she has to say about some of Fred and George’s experiments gone wrong.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“You’ll see,” she said smiling. “As she held out two more plates. “Come on now, let’s go join Ron and Hermione and eat. I hope one of these days those two just stop arguing and start snogging. It would save us all on headache relief potions.”

Harry smiled as the two of them made their way over to Ron and Hermione. They were able to eat their food in peace before it was announced the muggle swimsuit costume contest would begin shortly. One couple from each house was to come out dressed as a famous muggle couple and let everyone see them. The winner would be judged by the amount of clapping that the rest of the student body gave them.

Hufflepuff was first, followed by Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Gryffindor.

“So what are you two being?” Harry asked as he took a bite out of his sandwich.

“Well based on Ron’s ever growing hair,” She said tugging on it. “We decided to be Samson and Delilah before the haircut.”

“You decided.” Ron grumbled.

About 20 minutes later, the Hufflepuff couple came parading about. The boy had a pair of swim trunks on and was holding a surfboard, while the girl was wearing an old fashioned bikini.

“Who are they suppose to be?” Ginny asked.

“Frankie and Annette,” Hermione answered. “They starred in a lot of surfing movies in the states during the 1960s. I wander what Ravenclaw is doing.”

“Actually it’s Terry Boot and Luna,” Ginny answered taking a drink. “They’re going to be Alice and the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.”

Ron snorted. “I won’t think Boot’s too thrilled about going in a swimsuit that looks like a dress, cause Lovegood’s mad enough.”

Ginny glared at Ron. “Luna is my friend and she is not mad, Ron. Take it back.”

“I’m just saying she’s a bit loony.”

“She’s fine and I don’t have to sit here and hear you insult my friends,” Ginny huffed getting up and stomping off.

“You just had to put your foot in your mouth again didn’t you Ron,” snapped Hermione.

“I didn’t put my foot anywhere near my mouth Hermione,” he answered.

“It’s an expression Ron,” Hermione snapped as she got up from the table. “Excuse me why I try to find some intelligent conversation, no offense Harry.”

“None taken.”

Harry and Ron watched as Hermione also stormed off.

“It’s not been a good day,” Ron muttered.

“Could be worse.”

Of course, it did get worse. A half hour later, the Slytherin couple came walking around. It was Malfoy, newly cleaned from the egg fiasco, and Parkinson. Harry shook his head in disgust as Malfoy flexed his muscles in the toga which turned into white swimtrunks. Parkinson, though looked nice, he had to admit. She had on a toga top on too, but it was decorated with various robes and designs. It looked like she had spent a lot of work on it and for some reason it reminded him of Hermione.

“I’d sure like to see Hermione in that outfit, wouldn’t you?” Harry asked watching Ron’s reaction.

“Yeah, especially since that was suppose to be her outfit,” snapped Ron as he got up from the table.

It was at that point, they heard Hermione yell as she ran up to them. She was nearly in tears. “Ron, it’s horrible. The swimming costumes were switched around and McGonagall said we have to wear the costumes that are in our locker rooms. We got the Slytherin costumes! There were being Tarzan and Jane. The outfits are just so. . . and we don’t even look the parts I mean Tarzan was a darker wild man raised by apes and Jane had red hair and look at us. Well look at this,” she said throwing him what looked to be two scrapes of cloth.

“Why’d you hand me some rags for?” Ron asked before lifting them up. “Bloody hell.”

“It’s not rags Ron,” Hermione said, her eyes watering. “That’s my suit. I can’t go out in that.”

“It’s just a muggle game, you don’t have to do it,” Harry said.

“You don’t understand. McGonagall said every house must participate in this contest. I can’t wear that. Everyone will point and make fun of me.”

“No one’s going to make fun of you Hermione,” Harry said, wondering about the outfit Ron held up. Ron had gone suddenly quiet and pale. Harry elbowed him. “Right Ron.”

“Hermione,” Ron’s voice cracked. “Why don’t you calm down. Harry and I will think of something. We’ll fix this.”

“How Ron?”

“We just will,” he said. “Why don’t you go find Ginny and we’ll talk about this.”

“All right.”

Harry and Ron watched Hermione nod and wander off toward the picnic area.

“She can’t go out in this!” Ron said angrily once Hermione was out of hearing range. “Dirty rotten Slytherin’s I bet they did this on purpose. Everyone’s going to be looking at Hermione’s bits and staring at them and nobody should be looking at her knockers but me!”

Harry looked at Ron, “What?”

“I meant nobody should be looking at her knockers!” Ron said, his ears bright red. “What are we going to do?’

Harry shook his head and looked around the grounds. Once again, Ginny’s hair caught his eyes and a plan formed in his head. Grabbing a hold of Ron’s arm, he led him into the locker room.

“Hermione doesn’t really want to wear these and you don’t want her to wear them right?” he said quickly.

“Right.”

“Ron, I’m going to ask you a question and I don’t want you to slug me, okay?”

“Okay,” he agreed reluctantly.

“If we can work it so people only saw her in it for a minute at the most — 60 seconds — would you let Ginny wear the swimming costume instead?”

“What!”

“Well who would you rather have them gawking at?” snapped Harry. “Hermione for probably 15-20 minutes or your sister for 60 seconds.”

“Well Ginny if you can guarantee that 60 second part, but I don’t want to be dressed up in that thing. If Hermione’s outfit is like this, what does that one look like?” he said pointing to the material on the bench. “It’s suppose to be famous muggle couples anyway, and Ginny’s my sister. That’s just wrong.”

“I’ll do it.”

“What?”

“I’ll wear the thing. Tarzan was a wild man right? Well my hair’s wild all the time, so I’ll look the part more than you, and Hermione said Jane had red hair, so Ginny will look the part to. Have her put on the outfit and put my cloak on over it. Then have her stand on the blanket she was at earlier. There’s a tree about five feet from it, you know the one where the monster ivy hangs down from it. I’ll give a Tarzan yell for her to take off the cloak and then I’ll take care of no one seeing her the rest of the time.”

“How are you going to do that? And how do you know Ginny will even agree to it?” Ron asked. “And what in the blazes is a Tarzan yell?”

“Tell her I need her to do it. Have Hermione explain the yell and harass her to put on the suit, just make sure she’s on that blanket in about 15 minutes all right?” Harry said shoving Ron out the doorway, with the Jane outfit still in his hands.
Harry turned around and sighed. He could do this. Walking over to the bench where the Tarzan outfit was he scooped it up and then realized there was less to that than there was of the Jane outfit.

“Bloody hell. It’s more of a loincloth,” he sighed before getting changed.

Finally, he was able to get it on. Looking in the mirror at himself, he was happy to notice that Quidditch playing is defiantly doing him so good. He certainly had the upper body muscles to carry the part, and thank goodness to pull this off. Sighing, he put on his cloak, grabbed his shirt, and started to head to the old ivy coated tree. He had some climbing to do.

Harry looked down from his spot in the tree. He had managed to climb up here without anyone really seeing him. He had his cloak and shirt up on a small platform up at the top. He remembered Remus had said it was up there and Lily loved to climb this tree to read. He briefly wondered what his mother would think about what was going to happen.

Taking a deep breath, Harry grabbed a sturdy vine tugging on it a few times. He looked down and noted that Ginny was standing on the blanket with a cloak firmly wrapped around her. Nodding in agreement with himself, he tugged on the vine once more before he bellowed, “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.”

Everyone below was looking around for where the odd sound was coming from. Then suddenly most of the male eyes of Hogwarts were directed to Ginny as her cloak dropped to the ground. She now stood there in the small two piece suit that accentuated her features dramatically.

Harry nearly fell out of the tree when he looked down. It took him a second to remember to breathe, and then another to see red as he noticed the stares Ginny was getting. Grasping the ivy vine firmly he jumped out of the tree.

Ginny Weasley felt like she was naked. She would never live this down. Why oh why did she let her brother and Hermione convince her of this? Now she was just standing there like an idiot, and where was Harry?

Suddenly something pulled her off her feet and into the air. She went to scream, and was suddenly jostled so she was over someone’s shoulder and that weird yell was going off again. Ginny felt her cheeks heat up. Whoever had her wasn’t wearing a shirt! Merlin!

“Let go!” she shouted.

“Me Tarzan. You Jane,” the stranger grunted loudly as the two of them suddenly swung backwards.

“Harry?” she asked.

“Yes Gin,” he whispered.

Ginny suddenly wondered what would happen if she fainted. Of course, that was before a small branch whacked her.

Harry quickly grabbed a hold of a large branch of the tree and got his footing. They were several branches lower in the tree than the platform was on. They would have to climb up.

“Ginny, grab the branch and climb up,” he said struggling to keep his hold on the branch and her at the same time. “I can’t hold you too much longer.”

“Okay,” she said reaching up. Harry felt Ginny’s weight lessen and grabbed a hold of the branch better and climbed up to where Ginny was.

“Harry, what is going on?” Ginny snapped, trying to cross one arm in front of herself to cover her up better. The other arm stayed on the branch.

“Just climb up okay?” Harry said.

“Fine.”

Ginny began to climb up the branches, while Harry tied his hardest not to look up as he climbed. That Jane outfit was very small. The branches of the tree shook as they continued to climb.

However, by this time there was quite a crowd gathered around the tree where Ginny and Harry had disappeared into. No one knew quite what to make out of what just happened.

“What are they doing up there?” Hermione asked as she put her hand on her brow to block the sunlight as she looked up the tree. The branches were still shaking.

“Well you know what they say,” Seamus said smirking. “If the tree’s a rockin’ don’t come a knockin.’ I should have known this would happen after catching them in the sack together.”

“WHAT?” bellowed Ron.

Harry and Ginny reached the small platform a few minutes later. The sun was just beginning to set and the sky was lit up in a beautiful array of colors.

“Harry what is this place?” Ginny asked sitting down and covering herself up as best she could.

“Here,” he said handing her his shirt. “Put this on. We’ll rest up here and then climb back down.”

“All right,” Ginny said quickly putting on Harry’s shirt. He was quickly amazed about how much the shirt looked better on her than the Jane outfit in his mind. “What was going on Harry and what is this place?”

“The Slytherin’s change the costumes we guess and Hermione and Ron couldn’t wear them sort of, and I know you like getting house points so I thought we could pull off the muggle costumes instead.”

“By swinging out of a tree and kidnapping me?” she said smirking. He also noticed her eyes had also dipped down slightly to take a look at the outfit he was currently wearing. “You’re wearing a loincloth.”

“Pretty much yeah,” Harry said blushing before wrapping the cloak around him and sitting down beside her on the platform. “This is my mom’s spot. Remus said she used to climb up here and read a lot. He said he thought she climbed up here to avoid Dad sometimes too.”

“I can see why she liked this place,” Ginny said motioning to the sunset as her eyes sought out its magnificence. “It’s so beautiful and quiet up here. Just look at it. Isn’t it breathtaking?”

“Yes, it is,” he said, his voice sounding far off as he stared at the beauty beside him. It was at that instant he knew, she was more than Ron’s little sister. She was, in fact, everything.

Ginny noticed Harry’s odd tone and turned toward him. His eyes were sort of glazed and he was staring at her oddly.

“Harry, what?” she said looking at him.

“Ginny, I —” Harry said getting tongue-tied. “Just don’t hit me all right?”

“Hit you? Wh–”

She never got to finish her question as his lips descended onto hers.
Harry was amazed at just how soft Ginny’s lips were. He tentatively wrapped his arms around her and brought her closer to him. His whole body heated up when he felt her do the same. Finally the need to breathe overtook them and he pulled away.

Resting his forehead against hers, he sighed, “Please don’t hate me for that. I’ve just wanted to do that for the better part of the day.”

“I’ve wanted to do that the better part of my life,” Ginny answered giving him a brief kiss. “That better not be the last kiss either.”

Harry smiled as she settled against his chest. The two of them looked out at the setting sun. “I think that can be arranged.”

It was a perfect moment. One he was sure he would tell his children about later. Of course, the moment lasted only a minute.

“HARRY POTTER YOU HAVE THREE SECOND TO COME OUT OF THAT TREE WITH MY SISTER AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU WERE MOLESTING GINNY IN A POTATO SACK EARLIER!” they heard Ron bellow from below.

“Oh no,” Harry groaned.

“Should we answer him or ignore him?” Ginny asked snuggling into Harry more. “We could stay up here forever you know. You could just swoop down and steal food from students as they walked to class.”

“Tempting.”

“NOW POTTER!” yelled Ron.

Harry sighed and went to get up before Ginny stopped him.

“Let me handle this,” she said. Climbing to the outside part of the branch, Ginny stuck her head out and looked below. “SHUT IT RON. GO FIND YOUR OWN TREE TO MOLEST HERMIONE IN WE’RE BUSY!”

Harry bust out laughing as he heard both Hermione’s and Ron’s sputtering, “It’s just a muggle game! Get down.” Followed by clapping and cheers from the crowd.

“At least we got something from this muggle game,” Ginny said making her way back.

Merlin, Harry thought smiling as he saw Ginny climb back to him, he really loved these games muggles played.

Reviews 53
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear