Search:

SIYE Time:0:44 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The End and Beginning of Life
By ReputableQuill

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 3
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Harry has just graduated from Hogwarts he now must face the prophecy full on aswell as his feelings for others.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2522







ChapterPrinter


Harry’s eyes slowly glazed over as he stared out at the landscape passing him. He felt himself embracing the silence that he so rarely received, and the solitude that was even rarer. His seventh year had been so hectic, not because of any death eater activities, but because of the lack of. There had been minor death eater attacks here and there but they where uncommon and highly organized. Very much unlike the previous war where attacks where common and very sporadic. All the Order of the Phoenix could do was make theories, and the Ministry of Magic well they couldn’t even make theories.

He looked around at the empty compartment and the three now unoccupied seats. No longer would all four of them be together at Hogwarts any more. His two best friends and he had just graduated. Ron and Hermione were sitting in another compartment because they had hoped to spend the few hours they had left together alone. Of course Hermione would only be away for a week, yet love always seems to dramatize things. As it was the end of their seventh year, Hermione would be visiting her parents who she had not seen for nine months. After that week, she would be living at the Weasley’s for awhile until she would be able to find an apartment in Diagon Alley if everything went well. Hermione hoped to go into training to become a healer. Wizards and witches who hoped to become a healer had to first attend two more years of education to further master potions and healing spells. Even though Ron and he had told Hermione time and time again that of course she had made all the required NEWT’s she had yet to let herself be sure. NEWT results along with the list of job’s their scores qualified them for would be send out during the last day of June. Ron was hoping to become an Auror but was very unsure that his grades would allow him to fufill that dream. Ron and Hermione where also in the current discussion of whether they would live together once Hermione found an apartment. Although that was still all up in the air because Ron didn’t have the money to pay his half until he got a job and was too stubborn to take Hermione’s. Also both would have to deal with what their parents thought and even more daunting, all the twins’ jokes that would proceed.

Harry wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship like that. Hermione and Ron’s relationship that had now lasted more than a year since the end of year ball at the end of sixth year. Of course being Ron and Hermione there had been some fight’s at the beginning but as time went on their were less and less fights, now there where none at all well nothing too serious at least.

Harry had a girlfriend of course, or a friend who was a girl. It was hard to say really. Ginny was more than a friend, although because they had only been an item for a very short time it was hard to put a label on whatever they were experiencing actually was. Ginny had gone to say hello to some of the friends in her grade but had promised to return before the train arrived at Platform Nine and Three-Quarters. Harry had asked Ginny out to the end of school ball that occurred each year for seventh years and their dates. He asked her because he hadn’t wanted to go with a girl who was more acquainted to his public figure than him himself. Ginny had politely said yes and they planned to go as friends. Yet as soon as Ginny had walked into the common-room with her dress on ready to go Harry began using his eyes in ways he would never do to a friend. She had looked beautiful wearing a stunning red dress to match her beautiful hair. For the rest of the night Harry found himself looking into her captivatingly hazel eyes that seemed to fill him with happiness. They had flirted some but the electricity between them really took hold when they danced together and a slower song had come on. Ginny stepped closer into Harry, her slender body embraced in his; together they entered a world of their own. From that moment on, that feeling of closeness had never left Harry, and unbeknown to him it had never left Ginny either. The final two weeks of school had been met with them spending a whole lot more time together. It was almost like a really close friendship but Harry wanted so much more. Ginny would sit down next to him and lean her head on his shoulder, when this happened Harry found himself feeling almost inebriated by the smell of her hair and the softness of her voice as they would talk for hours on end. Every time he spent time with her however he wanted to kiss her and hold her in his arms like he did at the ball but he didn’t know how she would react. Ginny wasn’t just some girl she was a Weasley. A family that was closer to being his than any other. He was worried that if she didn’t have these feelings that he had for her, she could be put in an uncomfortable position, if in fact Harry ever got up the courage to reveal his own feelings. Since he was going to spend the entire summer with the Weasley’s he couldn’t wait to spend more time with her.

Time was running short though, and Harry hated any sight of a clock. He knew as time ticked away it only got closer and closer until Voldemort would start to make his presence known, and reveal whatever he had been waiting for. Harry knew that his life would never be for sure as long as the prophecy was not fulfilled. Even though as time went on he found himself thinking more and more about his future, each thought would end with the realization that there might not be one. What he was to do now, Harry was not sure of. He expected that he had met all the requirements to start Auror training but he knew that would never come true, nobody would allow it. Nobody had told Harry this of course but he knew. This was just a giant chess game of good and evil. He used to be a pawn or at least he thought he was. Told what to do and only knew as much as he had to always seemingly finding himself at the front of the battle. But now that the prophecy was known by the Order and himself everyone knew he was no longer a pawn. He was the King, the only piece that truly mattered in the greater picture. That is what Harry hated most. People who he cared for, who he loved had now become pawns whose only purpose was to protect him regardless of their own life. He couldn’t run away from it all though, the only way to protect the ones he loved was to fight and win.

A part of Harry wanted it to end, wanted the final fight to be that second so it could just be over, win or loose, not this passage of time that he couldn’t help but feel was like a slow walk to the electric chair. The other part of Harry knew that the longer the wait the better because the more time passed he became a more powerful and powerful wizard.

Harry heard a lone pair of footsteps near the door of the compartment, he tried to straighten his shirt and tidy his hair that he still could not tame. The foot steps neared but they where too heavy to be Ginny’s. The door all of a sudden opened and Harry found himself looking at Neville.

“Hey Harry” Neville said a little to anxious for Harry’s liking.

“Hi Neville, is everything okay?”

“Yeah everything is fine” Neville told Harry although he seemed to be trying to convince himself of that more so. “Hey do you have your invisibility cloak? I have always wanted to try one on. I would only wear it for a minute and I will stay in the compartment the whole time.” Harry could only assume that this had something to do with Neville hiding from Malfoy but Harry couldn’t imagine why. Malfoy or more likely Crabbe and Goyle at the bidding of Malfoy’s wishes wouldn’t do anything unprovoked, well at least do anything violent unprovoked.

“Sure okay Neville” Harry said pulling out his trunk for under his seat with his right arm. “Is it something with Malfoy what is he trying to pull on you?” Harry set his left arm on the top of the trunk and opened the latch with his right; he was getting better with doing finer movements using only one arm.

“Malfoy, ha ha ha” Neville very poorly laughed. “I just want to look at your invisibility cloak that’s all.”

“Neville when people laugh they actually don’t pronounce ‘ha ha ha.’ What is wrong?”

“I hit Malfoy, I didn’t mean too! I know that isn’t like me but he went too far he deserved it, I sware!”

“You! Hit Malfoy! Neville I don’t know whether I’m more surprised or happy. Neville there is no doubt in my mind that Malfoy deserved it, did he say something about your parents?” Harry asked tentatively.

“No” Neville said a hate filled expression on his face. “He called you something.”

Harry handed him the invisibility cloak that had been under his firebolt. “Relax Neville that is normal, you know that. If Malfoy didn’t insult me while talking to a Gryffindor I would be seriously worried.”

“Harry, he knows.”

“Knows what?” asked Harry who was now looking where he thought Neville was standing. It couldn’t be about Ginny and I, Harry reassured himself because Malfoy didn’t even show up at the dance, but well anyone could have told him plus he had been walking with Ginny around the corridors quite often.

“Your arm Harry,” Harry could hear the sadness in Neville’s voice, the pity, Harry hated pity. Looking down to his left arm at an eye’s glance nothing seemed wrong with it. Christmas break this year, Harry and Hermione had been invited along with the rest of the Weasley’s. Harry had a wonderful time and got to experience what it was like to have a true Christmas. The Weasley’s had planned to go out and have dinner along with Hermione and Harry at a restaurant called ‘Witch’s fire’ in Diagon Alley. The attack was sudden, and was taken care of in a matter of seconds. A deatheater had jumped out from one of the adjoining alleys and cast a slicing spell in Harry’s direction. Harry was not practicing Moody’s ‘constant vigilance’ at the time which resulted him in dodging the spell too late. The spell had cut Harry’s left arm all the way to the bone. It wasn’t as bad as the Cruciatus curse but it was damn well near it. The death eater was immediately stunned by Bill and taken into custody. St. Mungo’s had healed his arm although the curse had also sliced the nerves in Harry’s arm. The Medi-Wizards had done what they could but Harry still struggled with finer movements. Harry’s thought’s where interrupted by three sets of footsteps nearing the apartment.

“What do you want me to do Harry” asked Neville whose voice seemed to be coming from the very edge of the compartment as if he was pressing his body up against the back wall. Harry put his right hand into his pocket and grabbed his wand firmly ready to raise it if Malfoy was looking for revenge. The compartment door opened to reveal a red faced Malfoy along with Crabbe and Goyle. Harry heard a faint gasp from behind him who he assumed was Neville. Malfoy eyes scanned the compartment for Neville, glaring at Harry as his eyes past over him, and began to turn to leave.

“Your face looks a little off colour, there’s no reason to blush it’s just me. Are you embarrassed about your father being a coward, or you yourself being the coward?” Harry had to say something he was looking for an excuse to tear that sneer off that overly waxed head. Malfoy’s eyes lighted with anger but he waited and his posture calmed.

“Sorry to bother you, just looking for your friend, not the mudblood or the one that can’t afford his own clothes, Neville I think his name is, short chap dead mudblood-loving parents, has a better left than you.” After the last comment Malfoy looked down at Harry’s left arm with mock sympathy. Harry tightened his grip around his wand he wasn’t going to let Malfoy get away with that.

“Malfoy,” Harry said knowing he was going to enjoy this. “You’re looking at the wrong hand,” with a flash the compartment was illuminated with light.


**Please review, because the more I hear back the more I will be motivated to post the next chapter**

Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear