Search:

SIYE Time:15:46 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ready To Jump
By wishing4penguins

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 9
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Every day, she stands on the edge, ready to jump. I know she thinks no one notices, but I do. I want to run out there and lead her away, but I haven't brought myself to put myself out there. Until today.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3359







ChapterPrinter


Ready to Jump

Summary: Every day, she stands on the edge, ready to jump. I know she thinks no one notices, but I do. I want to run out there and lead her away, but I haven’t brought myself to put myself out there. Until today.

Inspired by a dream I had, part of this may be used in All He Ever Needed, because I really liked the idea. Tell me what you think.

Closer to the edge
I am walking
faster faster
I am talking
Powers summoned
Mental blocking
Closer to the edge
It is Loving
Wind picks up
It is raining
closer to her
I am moving
Shining eyes
smile gleaming
Through the storm
She is beaming
Written by MrsHarryPotter12. Thanks Lain!


Every day, I watch her. I know she thinks I don’t, but I do. It’s been a year since the defeat of Voldemort, a year since my graduation, but I’m still here. It’s the place I discovered myself at, the place I called home in dark times. I couldn’t bring myself to leave here. But the third, and most important reason, is that she’s still here.

I think my feelings for her developed my last year. Actually, the summer before my last year. We had been swimming in the pond out behind the Burrow and I guess I’d gone under too long because the next thing I knew, I was looking into her tear filled eyes. She had my head in her lap and when she saw I was still breathing, she smiled, leant down and planted a soft kiss on my lips. It was all downhill from there.

When I graduated, she cried. When I announced I was coming back to teach, she cried again. Ron told me it was because she was menstrual, but something inside me began to grow and I had no control over it.

It was love.

I’m new to the feeling, but I know what it is. It’s a strange feeling, especially because I’ve had to teach her for the last eight months. She really doesn’t need it, but it’s standard. She doesn’t blush like a little schoolgirl around me anymore, which isn’t bad, but I’m starting to blush like one around her. It’s bugging me. But even if we could be together, it would have to wait until she graduates, because I really want to keep my job.

Anyway, back to the present…

I’ve been watching her for the past few weeks. My office overlooks the cliff above the lake, and everyday, five on the nose, she walks out and stands at the very edge. She slips off her shoes so she can put her toes over the edge. She spreads her arms out and then summons, with her new powers, a strong wind that blows her hair around her shoulders and whips her robes around her body. I sit at my desk and watch.

After exactly fifteen minutes of this, she calms the wind with a few hand motions, puts her shoes back on, ties her hair back and walks back to the school to become the quiet, withdrawn Ginny everyone is used to. I watch from my spot at the head table as she eats her dinner and pours over a book she brought. She never looks up at me, but I know she wants to.

I make small talk with the other teachers, but I miss my friends. Ron and Hermione finally declared their undying love for each other after years of the sexual tension that they‘ve almost drowned in several times. Thank Merlin because I don’t think my sanity could take it anymore. Every weekend, Neville sneaks into the castle to see Luna and from what I hear, Seamus and Lavender are having their first child. I’m happy for my friends, I really am, but hearing about their love lives drives me crazy.

Crazy, that’s it, I must be off my rocker.

Because right now, I’m following her out to the edge. She’s about a meter in front of me, and now she’s reaching to untie her hair. She’s slipping off her shoes, and I can vaguely hear her shout, “Wind!”

The wind whips up just as she takes her position at the edge. I’m just going to watch her. I can’t understand why she stands here. She looks ready to jump, ready to throw herself off the edge and into the choppy, blue water. I want to run to her, take her in my arms and lead her away, but I can’t. I’m transfixed by her.

“Harry!”

She called my name, it had to be her. It was weird hearing her say it, just because she’s taken to calling me ’Professor’ and she didn’t even call me by my name at Christmas. I could barely hear it over the roar of the wind, but I’m sure it was my name. Summoning all the courage in me, I stepped up behind her.

She whirled around, her hair hitting my face. She stared up at me, her eyes wide. “Professor?” she stammered, obviously surprised to see me there. “What-what are you doing here?”

She calmed the wind so I could hear her better. “Why are you here?” she repeated, crossing her arms over her chest and narrowing her eyes.

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I couldn’t very well tell her, ‘I’m madly in love with you so come back to the castle with me and we’ll make wild passionate love in my office,’ could I? I mean, that’s so soap opera like. “I uh, wanted to make sure you were okay?” I ended it more like a question than an answer and I knew she was going to play on that.

“Really?” Score Potter. Now how do you explain it? “Why would you want to do that?” Her eyes were glittering playfully and she knew she had me.

“Because-because I care-” I stopped short. If I was going to do this, I had to do it right. Here goes my dignity. “I mean,” I paused. Bye bye pride. “I love you.” Bye bye defences. She’s going to hate you…

She dropped her arms and her mouth fell open. She began to open and close her mouth as she stumbled backwards, but being as we were on the edge, she lost her footing and fell backwards. Thanks to my Seeker reflexes, I caught her and pulled her to me before she tumbled over. “Jesus,” I whispered, sitting her on the ground. “Are you okay?”

She looked up at me, her hands clutching my wrists. “What did you say?”

“Are you okay?” I repeated kneeling next to her.

“No, no, before that,” she replied. “After I asked you why you followed me. What did you say Harry?”

There was my name again. It sounded almost like a foreign language rolling off her lips like that, but I revelled in it anyway. “I-I love you,” I whispered, looking down at the grass. “I have since that day at the lake.”

She let out a stifled laugh before looking away. “I’m dreaming aren’t I? I knew this was too good to be true.” She continued to laugh, but soon the echoes died into sobs.

“Ginny,” I whispered, brushing her hair back. “This isn’t a dream.”

She sniffled. “Prove it to me,” she shot back, standing up and walking to the edge. “Stand up here with me and prove it.”

She held out her hand and watched as I took off my shoes and walked to the edge. I nervously took her hand and looked over at her. Her eyes were shining with unshed tears as she summoned the wind up again.

I now know why she never jumped.

The view from the edge was amazing, and the wind whipping across the lake was a beautiful site. Exhilaration coursed through my veins and I laughed. She squeezed my hand and stopped the wind. “It’s beautiful,” I told her as the last breeze flew by.

She slipped her hand out of mine and put her shoes back on. “I know.” She reached behind her head to tie her hair back.

I caught her hand as she began to pull it back. “Don’t. I like it down.” I broke every rule in the book then. I pulled my hand up to her hairline and slowly ran it the length of her hair. “I really want to kiss you,” I mumbled, placing my other hand on the small of her back.

“You can’t,” she replied sadly. “Not until I graduate. Then you can kiss me all you want.”

I began to lead her away, my hand still on her back. “And I’ll enjoy it very much,” I responded.

“Promise you’ll wait for me?” she whispered, placing her hand on my wrist and gently pushing it off her back. “I don’t want you to get in trouble.”

“Of course,” I answered. “I’ve waited this long, I can wait two more months.”

She kissed her hand and brought it to my lips. “Good. Because I’ve been waiting 7 years for you to come around. Now, escort me to dinner before people get suspicious.”

God I love her.

Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear