Search:

SIYE Time:9:32 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Hogsmeade Idol
By shawn24

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 13
Summary: On the eve of Graduation, the gang let their hair down at the newest, hottest club in Hogsmeade, the Shrieking Shack. A nice one shot, written in the style of a play. ******* This story does not meet SIYE's current rules, it is retained as a courtesy to it author. Professor Scroll *******
Hitcount: Story Total: 3932







ChapterPrinter


Hogsmeade Idol:
A Play in One Act

Scene 1: Gryffindor Commonroom, before the fire

NEVILLE: Where are we going tonight again?

HERMIONE: Neville, for the 10th time, we are going to the Shrieking Shack. Graduation is tomorrow and we are going to celebrate.

RON: You know, I still can’t believe the place, what a change. Professor Lupin’s idea of turning the place into a night club was bloody brilliant. The place is a gold mine.

GINNY: Yea and those V.I.P. passes he gave us sure come in handy. No waiting in line for the D.A.!

HERMIONE: Where is Harry, we better be leaving soon. You’d think Mr. Vanquished the dark lord, Head-Boy would be first in line to celebrate. Ron won’t you go upstairs and see what’s taking him?

HARRY (coming down the stairs): I’m coming, I’m coming; just trying unsuccessfully (as always) to do something with this hair of mine. Let’s go, I’ve got a bottle of Firewhiskey with my name on it.

HERMIONE: Well you don’t want to get too carried away, graduation IS tomorrow morning and I wouldn’t want you to miss my Valedictorian speech.

LUNA: Give the guy a break Hermione. Come on everyone, the first round is on me!
(Exaunt)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
Scene 2: Outside the Shrieking Shack

GINNY: Gosh, look at that line will ya, Remus is sure raking it in tonight. I’ve never seen the place this packed.

RON: Yea, I wonder what’s going on. Hey, (points to a large hand painted sign) what is “CAR-A-OK?”

HERMIONE: No, Ronald. Its not “Car-a-ok, its Care-E-Okey.

NEVILLE: What is Karaoke?

HERMIONE: Its where people take turns getting on stage and singing songs. Its quite popular in the Americas, really fun I’ve heard. (All of the teenagers turn to Hermione, mouths open, questioning looks on their faces.) I’m muggle born remember, its my job to know this stuff. Let’s go in, and grab our table. (Exaunt)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
Scene 3: Inside the Shrieking Shack

RON: There is absolutely NO way I am getting up on that stage and singing.

LUNA: Come on Ronald, it will be fun. Here, have another butterbeer, it will loosen you up. (gestures to waitress, who comes and refills Ron’s drink.)

GINNY: Well, I’m game, what about you Harry. Anything in that book worth singing?

HARRY: (pushing the songbook across the table to Ginny) Actually yea, check this one out. It’s a duet though, what do you say?

GINNY, after a pause: Uh, sure, lets give it a go.

HARRY: Well, alright, see you chickens on stage. (downs his shot of firewhiskey and exits, with GINNY to stage.

REMUS LUPIN: Alright everyone, yes. Please give it up for Mr. Finnigan and his rendition of the Hogwarts school song. Excellent work Seamus. Now, up next we have a duet, so put your hands together for Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley!!!!

HARRY: Yea! Here we go, its GW and HP

GINNY: singing: ohh, ohh Baby

HARRY: My girl, Ginny, hit it.

GINNY (singing chorus): Sunshine. I can call you my baby boy, you can call me your baby girl. Maybe we can spend some time, I can be your sunshine..

HARRY: Look, I know you wanna chill with a seeker, but all you gotta do is keep it real with a seeker.
Just answer your fire, whenever I call
Cause I’m ridin my ‘bolt whenever I ball.
I like em short and tall, but not too thick,
I just walk in the spot and pick my witch,
They wanna roll cause they like my style,
And when I flash my scar I make em smile.
I need a witch that’s a sight, right beside me in a fight,
Loyal to me till the end, girl you know it’ll be alright.
Be right beside me, and I’ll adore you
And treat you like milk, I’ll do nothing but spoil you

GINNY (singing chorus): Sunshine, I can call you my baby boy, you can call me your baby girl. Maybe we can spend some time, I can be your sunshine..

HARRY: I know your friends wanna holla cause I got them dollars,
Push the Firebolt Monday, Tuesday Nimbus.
I catch the snitch like a cold I’m a baler,
And if you’re on the floo network, I’m gon call ya.
And we can meet up the next day and chill,
But I’m always in the air baby girl, that’s how I live
I got goals to score, and lives to save
But when my broom touch down, pick me up at 8
Don’t be late!
GINNY (singing chorus): We don’t have to be in love (love). We can just be friends (friends). I will be right there, beginning to the end. I can bring my girls (girls), you can bring your friends (friends). We can both have fun, don’t want this time to end!

HARRY: They say that pain is love, and love is pain
I know you haters mad cause of all my fame.
You think you know my type but you ain’t got no clue
About what Gryffindor like me do.
I like to save my friends, and catch the snitch,
And I can change your life, if you get with this.
I take portkeys to Vegas man
Got dead eaters locked in Azkaban.
We can cruse the world in a magic car
The whole wizard world knowing who you are,
You couldn’t ask for more, cause we got it all,
And you my baby girl right, right?

GINNY (singing chorus): Sunshine, I can call you my baby boy, you can call me your baby girl. Maybe we can spend some time, I can be your sunshine!!! Thank you very much!!

LUPIN: Alright witches and wizards that was Harry Potter and Ginny Wesley singing “Sunshine.” And remember folks, to cast your ballots for the best singer. The winner of the contest will receive front row tickets to next week’s special performance featuring the Weird Sisters. Good luck everyone, and let the singing continue.

HARRY (sitting back down at the table, with Ginny): Well guys, what do you think?

HERMIONE: That was excellent you guys, very good.

LUNA: I totally thought you guys were a muggle duet or something, awesome.

GINNY: Well, we broke the ice, so who’s next? Ron, Hermione?

NEVILLE: I’ll go, this song looks good. Kind of fast paced. What do you say Ron, want to team up.

RON: Uh, no thanks.

HERMIONE: Well Neville, you sure seem to have broken out of your shell, if Snape could see you now. Oh go on Ron, if you do, I’ll make it worth your while.

RON (blushing): Uh, um, (coughs) well, come on Neville.

LUPIN: Our next act is a fine young pair of Gryffindor’s, soon to be graduates! So let’s make some noise for Ron Weasley and Neville Longbottom!!

RON (walking off stage): I can’t do this…

LUPIN (shoving a microphone in Ron’s hand and shoving him back on stage) Oh go on Weasley, this can’t be as hard as N.E.W.T.s.

NEVILLE: Before we get started I want to hear, just which house is the best house? (Mixed screams from the crowd). No, I mean which house is the BEST house?

CROWD: Gryffindor!!! Gryffindor!!!

NEVILLE: Now you you want?

CROWD: Gryff, Gryff, Gryff, Gryff; Gryff, Gryff, Gryff, Gryff

NEVILLE: Now you done messed up and let us at the snitch,
We’re just your average Gryffindor’s with dreams of getting rich.
My crib big like a Quiddich pitch,
You might think I changed over to a Slytherin snitch!
RON: but you don’t hear me!

NEVILLE: We take 15 minutes to win a game,
You take half a minute to go insane.
I got plants from all across the globe,
Making potions to have witches taking off their clothes!

RON: But you don’t hear me!

NEVILLE: I’m franchise like the Chudley Cannons
Hogwarts house cup seeing Scarlet Banners!
I got the N.E.W.T.s on lock, I like my spells with Pop,
You know my wand stay cocked, wizzzzard

RON: Schools over!

CROWD: Gryff, Gryff, Gryff, Gryff; Gryff, Gryff, Gryff, Gryff
RON (getting into it): Who you want??

CROWD: Gryff, Gryff, Gryff, Gryff; Gryff, Gryff, Gryff, Gryff

RON: Schools, over; and our life’s are starting over
About time, that O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s are both over
Most professors want us to write too much,
Around our common room that’s how you get Hexed up!
BUT YOU DON’T HEAR ME!!

CROWD: Gryff, Gryff, Gryff, Gryff; Gryff, Gryff, Gryff, Gryff
Gryff, Gryff, Gryff, Gryff; Gryff, Gryff, Gryff, Gryff

RON AND NEVILLE: SCHOOL’S OVER!!!

Back at the table Neville and Ron return to cheers and full mugs of butterbeer. The gang laughs and jokes around. Singing along with the various tunes and getting drunker by the song, Ron is getting brave.

RON: Alright, damn it, I got a song to sing, and it’s a bloody solo. (instead of going on stage Ron unceremoniously climbs on top of the table, spilling his and Luna’s drink in the process)
Listen up everyone, I got a song to sing. A song that I should have sung years ago, so hear it goes.
Wise men say only fools were shy (turning to Hermione)
but I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay would it be a same
but I can't help falling in love with you

As the river flows gently to the sea
darling so we go some things were made to be
take my hand take my whole life too
I can't help falling in love with you

HERMIONE (Climbing on top of the table to join Ron, tears in her eyes): Oh, I love you too Ron. (They kiss)

CROWD: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! (Cheers wildly as couple climb down from table top.

GINNY: That’s it Luna. As the only two people at this table not graduating tomorrow, lets blow the roof off this place.

LUNA: Let’s do it!

LUPIN: Okay everyone, this the last act of the night before we find out who is the winner of those Weird Sister front row tickets. Give a warm welcome to Ginny and Luna! (Crowd goes nuts)

LUNA: Hey Ginny, you see all these fine looking wizards in the Shrieking Shack tonight?

GINNY: Yea there sure are a lot of hot young things out here tonight!

LUNA: But do you know what I am really looking for?

GINNY: No, Luna, what are u looking for?

LUNA: I need an Auror! Let’s go!

GINNY singing: If his status ain’t hood I aint checking for him
better be sweet if he looking at me I need a auror
and he’s gotta stand up for me
known to carry big wands if you know what I mean.

LUNA singing: I know some aurors in here
Where they at, where they at
They wanna take care of me
Where they at
I know some aurors in here
Where they at, where they at
Dont mind taking one for me
where they at

GINNY: If his status ain’t hood I aint checking for him
better be sweet if he looking at me I need a auror
and he’s gotta stand up for me
known to carry big wands if you know what I mean.
(Crowd goes bonkers as Ginny and Luna make their bows and hand the mics back to Remus.)

HARRY (jumping up to pull out the chair for Ginny, who blushes): That was great Gin, how did you learn to sing like that?

GINNY: Well, in the shower I guess.

HARRY: Well you know, if you are really looking, I AM going to be training to be an auror. (Looks at his feet and fidgets with his hands)

GINNY: Why Harry Potter, are you asking me out?

HARRY: Uh, yea, I guess I am (looks up at her, hopeful)

GINNY: Well in that case....(pauses for dramatic effect)...I’m saying yes! (she promptly hugs Harry about the neck)

NEVILLE: Well, gosh Luna, seems like everyone is pairing up, what do you say? We have all summer, and I can always visit you on Hogsmeade weakends. (Luna, in answer, proceedes to kiss Neville square on the mouth, tongue and all for a full minute before coming up for air) Geesh, Luna, that was awesome, I think I just saw a Krumple Headed Snorlack!

LUPIN: Well, well, well. The votes are in, the scores have been added, and the winner of the Hogsmeade Idol contest, who also receives front row tickets to next weeks Wierd Sister’s concert is none other than HARRY POTTER!!!

DRACO (with his goods crowed around a small table in the back sulking): Big suprise, might as well crown the bloody bastard king of the universe!

LUPIN: What do you say Harry, come on up and get your tickets,and give us one more song.

HARRY (taking the stage): Thank you everyone, thank you, thank you, you’re far too kind. Now if I’m gonna do this thing, I want everyone on their feet. And I want the super 6 all on this stage. That’s right, Ron, Luna, Ginny, Neville, even you Hermione, get up here and lets give them an encore! (the group slowly joins Harry on stage as the crowd goes nuts. Ron is pulling a very reluctant Hermione on stage by the hand)

HARRY: Can I get a encore? Do you want more?
Cookin’ raw with the Privet Drive boy
So, for one last time, I need y’all to roar
Now, what the hell are you waiting for?
After me, there shall be no more
So, for one last time, Shrieking Shack, make some noise
CROWD: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
RON: Get em Harry!

HARRY: Who you know fresher than Harry? Riddle me that
The rest of y’all know where I’m magically at
Erised couldn’t mirror me back
Yeah, hearin’ me rap is like seeing Dumbledore in his prime
I’m young H.P. The boy who lived
Saved wizards all over the globe–now graduating
I’m in Firebolts, Numbus 2
When I’m gone got the floo network still connect
On the run on the Knight Bus triple deck.
But when you young what the heck you expect?

GINNY: (yep, yep)

HARRY: Grand openin’ of the Shrieking Shack
My man Remus Lupin on top again
Who you gon’ find braver than him with no sin
To teach defense?
Soon you gon’ see you can’t replace him
With cheap imitations, for these generations!

NEVILLE: Can I get a encore? Do you want more?
Cookin’ raw with the Privet Drive boy
So, for one last time, I need y’all to roar.
Now, what the hell are you waiting for?
After me, there shall be no more
So, for one last time, crowd, make some noise

LUNA: What the hell are you waiting for?

HARRY: Look what you made me do, look what I made for you
Knew if I got this scar, how will I save you?
When you first thought I was the Heir, look how you shun me
Then I save the whole wizarding worldlook how they wave to me
From Diagon to Hogsmeade Square
The Only thing that matters is that evil is dead.
HERMIONE: Yea!

HARRY: As fate would have it my status appears
To be at an all-time high–perfect time to say goodbye
When I come back like Beckham wearin’ the 2-3
It ain’t to play games you see
It’s to save you see- probably the day you see
Death Eaters I’ll blow you to smithereens
So Slytherins take one for your team
And I need you to remember one thing
HERMIONE: (one thing)

HARRY: I came, I saw, I conquered
From N.E.W.T. scores, to Quiddich captain
So Hogsmeade, if you want this encore
I need you to scream ‘til your lungs get sore

RON: I’ve become so numb
I can’t feel you there
Become so tired
So much more aware
I’m becoming this
All I want to do
Is be more like me
And be less like you

GINNY: I’ve become so numb....

HARRY: Can I get an encore, do you want more

CROWD: More, More More

(Bows and exaunt)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N I am such a nerd I know, but sometimes on the long commute home I hear songs on the XM and I can just picture our heroes singing the songs, what do you think?
















Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear