Search:

SIYE Time:10:10 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


L-O-V-E
By amblewat

- Text Size +

Category: Hogsmeade Challenge (2005-1)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 14
Summary: Harry Potter has never liked Valentines Day but this year it is even worse. It is his sixth year and he is still dealing with the loss of his Godfather and the burden of the prophecy, which he hasn't shared with anyone, so he has been in a shell. Can Ginny break him out and show him that life is worth living? Submitted for the SIYE Challenge. Please R&R.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5866







ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter was in his sixth year at Hogwarts. His best friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley had finally started dating at the beginning of the year. Harry was very happy for them, but it was one of the only things he could be happy about at the moment. Ever since he lost Sirius he withdrew from everyone. He went to classes and quidditch practice and that was it. So when Dumbledore said that the Hogsmeade visits were canceled he wasn’t upset about it, unlike everyone else.

Then last week while eating dinner in the great hall Dumbledore stood up and announced the Room of Requirement Hogsmeade around the Valentines Day holiday for all the houses. Gryffindor’s day was February 12 and Harry was dreading it. In fact he was not going to go at all. Hermione was put in charge of the project along with Ron and she said that everyone who was allowed to go to Hogsmeade had to help create it.

So that is what he was doing, he was given a street to ‘restore’. He had a group that included Lavender Brown, Seamus Finnegan, Dean Thomas, and Ginny Weasley. Harry wasn’t too thrilled with Dean being there means how he had broken up with Ginny who was a friend of his, but he did not make a spectacle out of it because Ginny didn’t. He said, “Okay Dean I need you to go work on the post office. Lavender and Seamus, could you go work on Madame Puddifoot’s, and Ginny and I will work on Zonko’s.”

Seamus said, “Look mate, Lavender likes Valentines Day but we have never been in that coffee shop. We wouldn’t know what to do.”

Harry sighed, “Okay, you guys take Zonko’s and Ginny and I will take Puddifoot’s.”

Ginny giggled, “It won’t be so bad Harry.”

Harry said nothing else as they went about there tasks. Harry and Ginny first visualized the front of the shop, which appeared instantly. Then they walked through the door. Harry groaned as the tables with lace and the cupids started to appear. He saw that old Madame Puddifoot was behind the counter and smile at them. She said, “Aren’t the cupids darling?”

Harry looked up and then one started singing, “L is for the way you look at me” The other cupids joined in and sang, “O is for the only one I see.”

The first cupid continued his vocal demonstration much to Harry’s dismay:

V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you can adore
Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please don't break it
Love was made for me and you
L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you can adore

Ginny started laughing at Harry’s reaction; it was very annoying actually. She turned to Madame Puddifoot and said, “Can you please stop that thing from singing?”

Madame Puddifoot huffed and waived her wand and they stopped. She continued to work behind the counter and Harry and Ginny continued their restoration. Ginny said, “You know I hear she snogged Dumbledore once.”

Harry’s mouth flew open but, not wanting to open that can of worms he looked at his watch and said, “You realize that we have been in here for an hour.”

Ginny said, “Time flies when you are having fun Harry.” She put a hand on his shoulder and said, “You need to have more of it.”

Harry got a tingling sensation down his spine. He had noticed that Ginny had changed a lot and was quite pretty. He bit his lip. Come on man, this was Ginny, your best mate’s sister. He squeezed her hand and they departed.

They noticed that Zonko’s looked really good and saw Seamus giving Lavender a very passionate kiss in front of the store. Dean walked over and poked Seamus on the shoulder. They continued to walk and noticed that the Three Broomsticks looked brilliant but Harry did not think anything less of Ron and Hermione’s store. It was really cold and he said, “I am going to go to the common room now Ginny, everything looks great to me.”

Ginny nodded. “Alright, I’ll come with you.” They walked down the hall and saw Draco Malfoy holding a pair of red bikini knickers with a G on the bum. Ginny’s mouth flew open just as he put them back in his pocket. Ginny was furious and Harry did not realize how mad she was until she shrieked, “Are those MY knickers you are trying to hide Malfoy?” She pulled out her wand and said, “Accio.” They flew from his pocket into her hands. She turned the traditional Weasley red and then cast a spell at the top of her lungs, but she wasn’t the only one who yelled.

Ginny looked at Malfoy. He had Bat Bogeys flying around his head but he also had Jelly legs, tentacles, and antlers. She looked at Harry who had his wand out and grinned, “Mad Harry.”

Harry went over to Malfoy, “That was low even for you Malfoy, stealing knickers from the laundry.” He grabbed Ginny by the arm and they left. Malfoy was still battling bat bogeys. Harry laughed for the first time in ages. “I’m sorry he did that Ginny, but any excuse to hex Malfoy is always a pleasure.”

Ginny smiled, “I am just happy to see you smile Harry.” She turned around and said, “You two can come out from hiding now.” Harry looked surprised but said nothing. Ginny continued, “The antlers and jelly legs gave you guys away, Ron and Mi.”

They came from behind the statue and Harry grinned. “Holding up the family honor, you two?”

Ron said furiously, “I would have decked him if Mi hadn’t stopped me.”

Hermione said, “We need to go on the rounds. See you in a bit in the common room.”

Harry and Ginny watched as the other two went down the hall, before going into the common room and sitting in front of the fire. Harry sank into his usual shell and it was really starting to annoy Ginny. She was so worried about him. He had opened up for a glorious three hours. She wasn’t going to have it any more. She bit her bottom lip and said, “Harry, what is bothering you? I mean you have been so distant lately and today it was like you had found yourself again for a little while. Now you are leaving again, why?”

Harry sighed, “I have a lot on my mind Gin.”

Ginny tilted her head, “Like what?”

Harry looked into the fire, “I’m tired of being a hero. I just want to be a normal bloke with normal problems. Instead I get my Godfather killed because I like to play the hero and a damn prophecy has determined my destiny.”

Ginny was confused about the prophecy part so she tackled the part she knew first. She reached over, touched his arm and said, “Harry that wasn’t your fault. Voldemort and Bellatrix killed Sirius, not you.”

Harry was looking down at his hands, his expression blank. Ginny got on her knees and put her face in his hands and said, “You have to let go of your guilt, Harry. Sirius would not have wanted to die of old age, he would have wanted to go down fighting for what he believes in and who he loves most. Nothing could give his death more meaning. I know it is hard and you want him back but in his eyes he protected you, which is what HE wanted.”

Harry did not know why but a part of the burden on his shoulders started to lift some. Maybe it was Ginny’s soothing voice or maybe it was because he was finally ready to talk about all this; he wasn’t sure. He could hear Ginny talk forever and he would be content. That is when he realized. ‘My god, am I falling in love with Ginny? I can’t do that to her.’ A tear escaped him, “Ginny, but what if his death was for nothing anyway?”

Ginny said, “What do you mean Harry?”

He continued, “Everyone thought that the prophecy was destroyed when Neville dropped it but Professor Dumbledore also had a copy, he told me after Sirius died. The prophecy says the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies…”

Ginny sat there for several minutes, “So you have to kill Voldemort or he has to kill you.”

Harry nodded, “Yes. Ginny you don’t know how hard it is to live with this. What power can I posses that Voldemort doesn’t? If I die instead of Voldemort, Sirius’ death will be in vain and so will my parents’.”

Ginny had so many emotions going through her right now (like. ‘God, I still love him and what if I lose him?’) that she was having a hard time getting two thoughts together but she knew she had to. Harry had just opened up to her and she wasn’t going to let go now. She took his hand and said, “The power the dark lord knows not is your ability to love others Harry. Look at how you grew up abused and neglected but you still manage to love my family and Hermione. Love is your strength and is gentle and kind but also powerful. You will defeat Voldemort, Harry, I know it in my heart.”

Harry was amazed at her, she believed in him. Her voice was so soothing and calm and he desperately wanted to tell her but all he could do was stare at her. The firelight was shining in her eyes and her hair. She looked so beautiful and when did she get so smart?

Ginny bit her lip and giggled, “I’m sorry Harry. My mouth has gotten away from me again.”

Harry sat up on his knees and said, “No Gin, it’s your mouth that has me hypnotized.” He stroked her hair and his face was inches from hers. He did not know if she wanted him to kiss her but he wanted too…badly.

Ginny looked into his eyes and put her arms around his neck and said in a whisper, “Now you can kiss me Harry.”

He didn’t hesitate. His mouth met hers tenderly but also eagerly. It grew in intensity and Harry pulled her up onto his lap, never breaking their kiss. Whether a minute passed or an hour they did not know. They didn’t even hear the portrait hole open until they heard, “GINNY! Are you sitting on what I think you are sitting on?”

Harry and Ginny’s heads snapped up and saw a beaming Ron and Hermione. Ginny giggled and said, “Only on Harry’s lap, Ron, is there a problem?”

Ron grinned, “No, what took you two so long? Just make sure you behave yourselves?”

Harry wasn’t going to let Ron tease them. He decided to turn the tables on him. He looked over and saw that Hermione’s lipstick was a little smudged and saw that Ron was wearing some. He grinned, “And you two were behaving, were you?”

Ron said, “We are prefects Harry, of course we were.”

Harry said, “Liar.”

Ginny caught on and said, “You have something on your lips, Ron, that contradicts that statement.”

Hermione blushed crimson and Ron turned the traditional Weasley red. Harry kissed Ginny and helped her to her feet. Hermione bade them goodnight, as did Ron. Harry pulled her into his arms and said, “Thank you Gin. You helped me more than you realize.”

Ginny hugged him and whispered, “Your welcome Harry, I’m happy to help you.”

Harry smiled “Will you go with me to the Hogsmeade outing?”

Ginny’s eyes brightened and she replied, “I’d love to Harry.” She pulled him into her arms and kissed him. They broke apart reluctantly and Ginny said, “Good night.”

Harry whispered, “Night.” He went up to bed and for the first time in a long time his heart was full and he felt like life was actually worth living.



AN: the song the cupids sing is called L-O-V-E sung by Nat King Cole. The phrases used were:

1) I heard she snogged Dumbledore once.
2) Are those my knickers you’re trying to hide?
3) Will you please stop that thing from singing!
4) You have something on your lips.
5) You two can come out from hiding now.
6) Are you sitting on what I think you’re sitting on?
7) Now you can kiss me, Harry.
Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear