Search:

SIYE Time:7:22 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Everytime
By Gale

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 7
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

After years apart, Harry returns to Ginny. Attempting once more to get into the conversation, Ginny resolved to detach herself from Harry, at least for now. But then, she chanced another look at him and he appeared looking unnervingly sexy and started to make everyone laugh so that she went all to pieces. 'He gets me everytime.'
Hitcount: Story Total: 2865







ChapterPrinter


Wonderful Defeat



When Ginny Weasley stepped out into the cold London fog on that particular Friday night, she didn’t think anything odd of the owl she had received from Ron telling her that her presence was required at the Burrow. She had often received notes of summon from her Mum and Dad in times, particularly because she didn’t live at home anymore and weekly Saturday dinners were common. She wrapped her robes around her more tightly for the cold was penetrating and walked to the required apparition stop by her work. At 22 she was working as a Muggle relations administrator for the Ministry. Boring work for some, but she shared her Fathers fondness of Muggles and the muggle world and loved her work.

Once at the place safe for apparition, she looked around once more and with a pop, her surroundings vanished in a swirl of blurring images until she appeared in front of her all too familiar door step. She could hear people inside talking and realized that they were louder than usual. Her hand was extending to reach for the door knob when the door itself opened and a very slender witch with bushy hair greeted her.


“Hi” Her sister-in-law greeted. “I saw you at the clock” Hermione added with a ridiculously big smile plastered to her face.


“Hello…” Ginny said with a look of bemusement . “What is going on?”


Just then she realized that her whole house was full of Weasley’s. She looked to Hermione once again, no one seemed to have noticed her arrival, everyone seemed to have congregated around someone who she could not see.


“Oh, Ginny!” Hermione said excitedly jumping at the balls of her feet.


Ginny sighed inwardly, getting a bit miffed that Hermione was too excited to apparently tell her what was going on and the fact that all her family members were ignoring her arrival, she shouted “OI!” on top of the conversations happening around her.


‘That got their attention’ she thought resolutely, all faces towards her now, she could still see Hermione in the corner of her eye looking jolly.


‘Weird’ she thought.


“Oh Ginny Dear!” Her Mother rose from the centre of the group. “When did you get in?”


“Just now, Mum.” Kissing her mother on the cheek. “What’s going on he–”


But Ginny’s question was soon answered by the figure directly across from her, exposed, finally by all her family members, now, all sporting a look, not unlike Hermione's.


Harry Potter was sitting there, in the living room at the Burrow, directly across Ginny holding a goblet full of ..well..it was full of something, Ginny was still a bit too occupied at Harry being there to notice anything but.


‘Oh...bloody hell’ She thought. She could feel her cheeks reddening from the heat.


Everyone was still frozen to their seats, as if waiting for one of them to say it was ok to move, no one was moving.


“Ahem, ahem.” She heard Hermione through the deafening silence. Ginny was grateful for the attempt nonetheless. She was about to say something when Harry made to get up, a smile playing at his lips.


“Hello, Ginny.” He was looking at her with those green eyes that she had always loved, as if searching her with one of those soul searching gazes he used to give her.


‘Stop it Ginny!’ she scolded her self at the thought. Those memories seems so far away now.


“Hello, Harry.” Her heart was in her throat. ‘Oh why am I like this? Focus Ginny, focus!’


“Well now that that’s over with, let’s eat!” Fred said for the first time. Their gaze was broken and she was now aware that everyone was looking at her and Harry.


“Dinner will be ready in a moment, you all wait here.” Her Mum said happily, making her way to the kitchen.


Her face still reddened, she smiled a big smile and addressed the rest of her family of which now looked at her.


“Hello, all.” And at that everyone got up and greeted the newly arrived guest at the house. After much mingling and hello’s to her Dad, brothers and their respective wives, she was ushered to the corner by none other than Hermione. She was thankful for she hadn’t really talked to Harry yet since the very awkward “Hello” between them and also that this would give her the chance to scold Hermione about not telling her that Harry was coming back tonight.


At a very dark corner by the foot of the stairs…


“Why didn’t you tell me?” She said in an urgent whisper.

Hermione looked half apologetic, half amused.


“Its not funny!” Ginny said trying to fight the smile playing at her own lips.


“Ron made me swear. We wanted it to be surprise.”


“Surprise?! Why? Hermione, what does it matter to me? Harry and I…Harry and I are just friends.” She said choking on the last part.


“Oh… well, lets forget about it shall we? I mean we’re all here now, you know? Lets… lets just enjoy the moment. Ok?.”


Ginny’s attention wavered a bit for her eyes wondered to where Harry was. Talking with her brothers and looking all….Harry.


She felt herself blushing again.


“Is it hot in here, or is it just him?” she said absent- mindedly.


Hermione raised an inquisitive eyebrow.


3….2…1…


“I mean, me, me Hermione. Is it hot in here, or is it just me?”


‘Way to be on your guard Ginny. Way to be.’

Hermione was about to utter something but was interupted...


“Hey you lot, what are you doing here while the party is out there” George said putting a brotherly arm around his youngest sister.


“Oh, you know, just catching up, girl stuff” Hermione answered smiling.


“Sure it is”


Ginny smiled at how the twins were so sharp when it came to things like this, well, they weren’t daft, that’s for sure.


“Now come on Gin, I know one person who would like have a word with you. You shouldn’t be hiding.” Her brother said ushering her out of the dark and into the living room where everyone was waiting to be called in for dinner.


“Listen, George, err….I just remembered something, I have to go…. and get….. something..” Ginny said abruptly for they were getting closer to the direction in which she didn’t want to go yet.


“I’ll be right back.” And with that she started for the stairs and into the first room she could hide in. She was getting too…too…..oh she didn’t know, all she knew was that she was not prepared for this, this was unexpected at the very least. She’s hiding in a darkened room for Merlins sake! This is not the Ginny Weasley she knows. She had resolved when he left that she’d cherish what they had and not let anything come in between them and be friends. Much like what they were in Hogwarts– friends, good friends. She thought back with envy at her old Hogwarts self; fearless, cool, relaxed, together and controlled.


She let out a small laugh and buried her face into her hands. ‘Well, you didn’t have history with him then did you?’ She asked aloud, but in a faint whisper so only she could hear. She was none of the above now, she wished she possessed those things now, sitting in a darkened empty bedroom hiding from the one who got away.


‘Stop that!’ She said to her thoughts. ‘He didn’t get away, he’s downstairs’, but it added nonetheless.


“Right then.” She said getting up and making her way towards the door. It was either stay here, hide and have her brain barrage her internally about Harry or she could go downstairs and try to channel her 5th year self for an ounce of collectedness she so desperately needed. She needs to show that she is a grown woman. Surely , Harry isn’t hyperventilating at the sight of her and loosing his bearings. So why should she?

Making her way downstairs with an air of new found ambition she rejoined the group.


‘Right. I will not think of Harry, Harry will have to come to me if he wants a word.’ She thought while Emma, Charlie’s wife, went on about a detailed explanation of the workings of an ER to Fleur, Hermione and Katie. She should be listening but her mind wont let her focus. ‘Oh well’ she thought, Fleur was interested enough for the both of them. She seemed to not get enough of what Emma has to say about her chosen profession, Emma being a Muggle doctor. She loved her sister-in-laws, but she was a bit preoccupied right now, so, she hoped that they’ll forgive her inattentiveness to the fine workings of a defibrillator. But she had a sneaking suspicion that they would.


Attempting once more to get into the conversation, Ginny resolved to detach herself from Harry, at least for now. But then, she chanced another look at him and he appeared looking unnervingly sexy and started to make everyone laugh so that she went all to pieces.


She sighed inwardly, feeling a sense of wonderful defeat. ‘This is going to be interesting.’
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear