Search:

SIYE Time:12:05 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Tales of Tourment
By Madeye

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 7
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

When Harry returns to Privet Drive he is at an all time low, and the only person who can help him through his troubles is Ginny. Follow Harry through his sixth year at Hogwarts.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2846







ChapterPrinter


A/N Normal disclaimer, all characters belong to JK Rowling, as do all locations, etc.



As the night drew on over Little Whinging a light summer rain fell, refreshing the world for the following day. Only two lots of people were still up in the small town, Dudley Durlsey and his gang were one of them, staggering to their respective homes after a night drinking on street corners, and tormenting people whom they saw passing on the street. The other person still awake was Dudley's cousin, Harry Potter. The once Skinny, but healthy looking young man was no skinny, each of his bones showing clearly through the skin, the ribs broken by the crutacios curse sticking out at terrifying angles. The green eyes which were once full of joy and life now only showed the shadows of the past, all but hidden by the haunting ghosts now shown there. But the most painful thing shown by this boy was the scars on his body, where he had cut himself, but none of that compared to the knife he now held above his wrist as he toyed with the idea of taking his own life.

As he lowered the knife to cut his wrist his snowy owl, Headwig, flew through the window and dropped four letters on his bed. Knowing they would be from his friends, and Mrs Weasley he did not plan on opening them, they would just make him more unhappy before he took his own life. However as he glanced over at the letters he saw some handwriting he did not recognise. Dropping the knife with a clatter, slightly cutting his wrist on the way down, but nothing fatal, he opened the letter.



Dear Harry

I know I have never written to you before, but professor Lupin asked me to, as you have been ignoring everyone's letters. You know you've had Mum, and Hermione in tears because of your refusal to reply, and Lupin's been close to tears, you know it hurts him as much as it hurts you that Sirius is dead. He was the last of Lupin's school friends. You don't have to say much when you do reply, just show them that you care that they have gone to the effort of writing to you. And Harry, if you don't reply to at least mum, lets just say, I've been practising my bat bogey hexes.

Any way, enough of my moaning to you, i think I'll tell you a bit about what's been happening here, as i bet Ron and 'Mione have just been telling you to talk. Well, its been a bit boring, there's only me and Ron, everyone else is on order business most of the time, except mum, she's trying to get Dumbledore to let you here before your birthday (have hope Harry, when Mum wants something, she normally gets it.) Anyway, what else has been happening? Oh yeah, Fred and George have done really well with their joke shop, Zonko's put a really good offer in because he doesn't want the competition, but Fred and George said no, but they are thinking of going into business together with Zonko's, and maybe opening a chain, with that 1000 Galleons they mysteriously got after the tri-wizard tournament, speaking of which, what did you do with your 1000 Galleons you won, whenever anyone mentions it you always change the subject, why? if I didn't know better I'd think you'd given it to Fred and George.

I have to go now, Mums calling me down for tea, but before I go, i just want to say, Have hope Harry, the pain will ease, I promise, talk to people when you can, it will help as well, just remember we all love you, your whole family. And before you say something like 'but i have no family,' let me tell you who your family is, Mum, Dad, Charlie, Bill, Fred, George, Ron, Me, Hermione, Lupin, Tonks, Dumbledore, Hagrid, and McGonagoll, we're all your family, and we all love you. Any way, Rons throwing dung bombs at me to get me to come down, honestly, i don't know how you survive with him, and his obsession for food.

Love Ginny





Ginny's letter seemed the same as all the other letters he'd got, telling him to talk, and so on. But there were a few subtle differences. One was she didn't seem to feel the need to tiptoe around him, and her whole letter was happier, telling him of things which brought a slight light to his haunted eyes for a flash, and she told him to have hope, he decided he would try to survive the rest of the times at the Dursley's, it would get better in the end.

At that moment he heard the front door open, and close, and heard the sound of his drunk cousin falling over, before he started complaining that the whole world had fallen onto its side. His Aunt and Uncle coming downstairs to see what was the matter with Dudley followed this. Harry could hear the occasional "Come on Duddykins, lets get you into the kitchen to sit down"

Harry waited for what he knew was to come next "BOY!! COME DOWN HERE." bellowed his Uncle "NOW!!"

Harry somehow found the energy to get of his bed to go downstairs, he knew he shouldn't he knew what his uncle would do to him, he'd started beating Harry again that summer. He stopped beating once Harry got his first Hogwarts letter, and Harry had managed to keep this a secret from all of his friends, but since the order had mentioned that they would be checking on Harry, his anger got too much, and he began to beat Harry again.

As Harry entered the kitchen he saw Aunt Petunia standing by the kitchen table, forcing a glass of water down Dudley's throat, and his uncle was standing by the Kitchen door, a look of anger on his face. "What is wrong with my son?" he growled.

Harry mumbled a reply, just audible as "He's drunk."

"No he is not. My son does not drink, you, you boy, have bought your unnaturalness into my house, the house we were forced to take you into as a child, and you decided to practise your, your weirdness on my son, and look at him now , he's as confused as hell." With that Uncle Vernon bought his fist into Harry's face, breaking his nose. The beating carried on for ages, Harry could not be bothered to even try to defend himself, in fact he even began to enjoy his pain, it was the punishment of all he had done, killing Sirius, injuring Ginny, and Ron and Hermione, and Neville.

Each punch he received he mentally ticked of each injury someone had received because of him, from his parents death, to Ron being injured on the way to the Philosophers to stone, to Cedrics death, to Hermione being hit by the womping willow, to Mrs Weasely sobbing by Rons dead body boggart, to Neville's broken nose, to Ginny in the Chamber, and all the injuries he had caused. The final blow came to his head, and with a deadly crack, Harry fell to the floor unconscious.




A/N. please read and review, i know this chapter is short, and i promise i will try to make the next one longer. One last thing, if any one would beta this please say in the review. Thanks.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear