Search:

SIYE Time:16:18 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


We'll Always Be Here
By acciodanrad

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 5
Summary: As tensions run high between Ron and Hermione, Harry finds himself in the depths of despair. Can friendship be held together by the love the trio have for each other?One-shot!
Hitcount: Story Total: 4166







ChapterPrinter


We’ll Always Be Here

Ginny watched from a distance as Hermione and Ron started bickering again. She couldn’t hear what they were saying for once, they were both trying to be quiet.
Harry was asleep right next to Hermione on the couch, his head resting on the arm of it. Harry hadn’t been getting as much sleep lately, anyone could tell, even though he didn’t say anything.

Everyone noticed the dark circles under his eyes and the fact that he fell asleep in almost every class. It was the nightmares to blame.

“It’s not Pig’s fault!”

Ginny almost fell out of her chair when she heard Ron yell.

Since Ron had gotten Pig, Crookshanks decided to have another target and it was third year all over again.
Ginny quietly walked over to Ron and Hermione, whose voices were getting louder every second.

“Do you guys want to wake up Harry?” asked Ginny angrily.

“Of course not, we didn’t mean too be so loud it’s just that Ron is being an insensitive wart,” said Hermione irritated.

“Well you’re too late,” Ginny stated as she pointed her head towards Harry, who was starting to stir.

“Well maybe if he would have gone up to the dormitory he wouldn’t get woken up. Why don’t you just mind your own business Ginny,” said Ron.

“Fine! Do what you want! I just wanted to help Harry,” hissed Ginny as she stormed back to her homework.
“What’s going on?” asked Harry sleepily.

“Oh, it’s nothing Harry. Ron is just blaming Crookshanks for trying to eat Pig,” stated Hermione.

“God, Hermione, how many times to I have to tell you that’s it’s not Pig’s fault!”

“It is too Pig’s fault. Why don’t you look at the evidence Ron? Crookshanks would never go after Pig if Pig wouldn’t fly right in front of his face and tempt him!” yelled Hermione who was starting to get really mad.
“Pig is not tempting Crookshanks, Hermione!”
“Oh yeah what is he doing then?”

“Pig is just testing his flying, he probably doesn’t even know Crookshanks is there and he accidentally gets in front of him and then Crookshanks decided to chase my poor bird,” suggested Ron.

“Rubbish. That is the stupidest excuse I have ever heard in my whole life. Of course I’m not surprised it came from you. You-are-the-thickest-person-I-have-ever- met!”
“Me thick? At least I have a life!” Ron rebutted.

“Oh I don’t have a life? No that is as far as you can go Ron. I wouldn’t even-"

“Will you guys just STOP? You’re giving me a headache!” yelled Harry.

Ginny looked up surprised by Harry’s outburst, Harry usually just sat the fights out. Harry was now standing up the blanket Hermione had placed on him while he was sleeping was now scattered on the floor.

“Why don’t you just mind your own business Harry? This is Hermione’s and my problem you don’t need to butt in, it will just make things worse.”

“Well, I’m sorry but that’s all you guys do anymore and it’s starting to get really old,” said Harry sounding slightly hurt.

“You know what’s getting old Harry? That we are in danger, we could die any moment because we’re your friends so I think you should start thinking about how much you’re putting us in danger. Well, at least we aren’t putting YOU in danger by being your friend!” screamed Ron whose temper rose to its boiling point.
“Is that what I’m doing putting you in danger?” Harry asked quietly.

“Yes! You are so thick Harry!”

Ginny saw Harry freeze on his spot by Ron’s comment. Ginny also glanced at Hermione who had put her hand to her mouth, obviously shocked at what Ron had just said to Harry.

“Ron! That was not called for. You know that’s not true!” said Hermione is a quiet voice.

“Forget it Hermione. It’s true. I’m sure everyone knows it they just won’t admit it to me,” said Harry just above a whisper, but loud enough for Ginny to hear.

Ginny saw Harry quietly walk up to the boy’s dormitory.
Ginny was furious, Ron was always bad at controlling his temper but he shouldn’t take it out on Harry.

“What did you just do Ron?” Ginny screamed so loud that everyone else in the Common Room turned to her direction.

“Nothing I wasn’t supposed too. I had to tell him the truth since no one else was.”

Ginny looked at Hermione who was glaring daggers at Ron, Ginny was even afraid of her.

“I can’t believe you just said that to Harry. I agree with him, Ron, all we do is fight when we’re around each other. I think you should go apologize,” demanded Hermione.

”NEVER!”

Ginny and Hermione watched as Ron stormed out of the Common Room. Hermione left to follow him.

“Fine, if no one else is going to see if Harry is okay then I will. Honestly, I thought you guys were his best friends,” said Ginny loud enough for Hermione to hear.

Ginny walked into the boy’s dormitory and immediately could tell which bed was Harry’s, it was the only one that had the maroon hangings draped all around the bed.

“Harry?” asked Ginny.

As she expected, there was no response.

“Harry? Its Ginny please talk to me. I’m sure Ron didn’t mean it. Don’t you want to go down to dinner?”

Ginny still didn’t get a response; she decided to pull back the curtains on his four poster bed. Harry was underneath all of his covers so she couldn’t see his face.

“Harry, aren’t you hungry?”

“Can you please go away Ginny? I just want to be alone.”

Ginny could tell by his voice that he was fighting back tears.

“Of course Harry. Do you want me to bring you back anything?”

“No, thanks Ginny,” croaked Harry.

“Bye Harry.”

Ginny stormed down to the Great Hall furious. She knew it was bad to get a temper it could lead to horrible things, but she was pissed.

“Hey Ginny. Where’s Harry?” asked Ron.

“Where do you think he is? He’s still in his bed he won’t come down for dinner!” said Ginny perturbed.

“Why?” asked Ron.
“Because you really upset him Ron.”

“I’m sure everything will be fine. Harry forgives everybody,” Ron said convinced.

“Ron this isn’t some big fight Harry will forgive you for. You really hurt his feelings. Even though he’s the Boy-who-lived doesn’t mean that he doesn’t have feelings Ron. He’s still a person.”

“What did he say Ginny?” Hermione asked worriedly.
“He said he wasn’t hungry and wanted to be left alone.”

“What was he doing?” inquired Hermione.

“I don’t know because I couldn’t see him, he was underneath all his covers.”

“He’ll get over it. Watch when we get back to the Common Room everything will be fine” stated Ron.

“I’ve had it with you. It’s like you don’t know Harry at all” screamed Ginny as she jumped up from the table and stormed out of the Great Hall aware everyone was looking at her.

A half hour later Ginny saw Ron and Hermione walk into the Common Room. She saw Ron and Hermione quietly conversing and then started to walk towards her.

“Has Harry come down yet?” asked Ron hopefully.

“No,” said Ginny venomously.

“Did I really upset him that much?” asked Ron seriously.
“Yeah you did Ron he sounded like he was about to cry,” responded Ginny.

“I didn’t think it would affect him that much. I was just really mad and took my temper out on him. I didn’t mean what I said; I will always be his friend no matter the circumstances.”

“I know Ron. But I don’t think Hermione or I need to hear that. I think you should tell Harry.”
“Your right, let’s go talk to him.”

Ginny, Hermione and Ron all walked into the boy’s dormitory. Harry was in the same place that Ginny had left him.

“Harry? Ron has something to say to you,” said Ginny as they all got chairs and placed them around his bed to sit.

“Harry please say something,” asked Hermione.
Ginny could tell Hermione was getting worried.
“Harry? I’m really sorry I didn’t mean to say those things,” said Ron

Ginny watched as Hermione stood up and pulled the covers back, Harry tried to keep them over himself but Hermione was determined and finally succeeded on getting them off of him.

The sight that greeted them all was shocking. Harry obviously had been crying.

“Oh Harry. Are you all right?” inquired Hermione.
Ginny looked at Ron, she could tell he didn’t expect his words had hurt Harry so much.

Harry tried to grab the covers at the end of his bed but Hermione was too fast for him and threw them all off out of his reach. That didn’t really solve anything Harry just hid his head under his pillow instead.

All three stood there shocked this was so unlike Harry. They knew that Ron had crossed a sensitive subject but they didn’t think it would bother Harry that much.

They watched as Harry started to shake, they all knew he was crying again.

“Harry mate. I didn’t know I upset you that much. I’m so sorry, I really am. You’re my best friend nothing could stop that. Please talk to us Harry. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have taken my temper out on you.”

Hermione smiled at Ron after that and noticed that Harry started to calm down.

Harry finally said something but no one could tell what he said, due to the fact that he had been crying and his head was buried in a pillow.

“What did you say Harry,” asked Ginny.

“I don’t want any of you guys to die.”

“Oh, Harry we’ll always be here for you. We promise,” Hermione said sweetly.

“How do you know that you will be?”

“We don’t Harry but we’ll be here for you as long as we can,” said Hermione
“Really?”

“Of course Harry nothing could tear us apart. We love you,” said Hermione sincerely.

“You love me?” asked Harry questionably.

“Absolutely,” said Ron, Ginny, and Hermione at the same time.

“No one has ever said that to me before.”

At this comment Hermione, Ginny and Ron exchanged surprised looks.

“Well you better get used to it. You’re going to hear it a lot,” stated Hermione.

And for the first time in a long time Harry gave them all a true smile.

“I love you guys too.”

“You should go to sleep Harry you look really tired,” said Hermione as she pulled Harry’s covers back onto his bed.

“Yeah okay,” said Harry while stifling a yawn.

All three of them sat by Harry’s bed watching him sleep all thinking the same thing.

They would always watch out for Harry no matter the circumstances. And no one could tear them apart. Not Malfoy, Death Eaters, and most importantly Voldemort.

Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear