Search:

SIYE Time:7:58 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Dreams Do Come True
By Cronje

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Comedy, Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 6
Summary: Hogwarts is hosting a Sadie Hawkins dance, a strangle Muggle tradition from America, according to the eccentric Headmaster. Ginny Weasley knows who she wants to invitem but will he say yes?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4037







ChapterPrinter


Ginny sat in the Gryffindor common room, trying to complete a particularly challenging Charms essay. She was having difficulty concentrating. Not an hour ago, Professor Dumbledore had announced there was to be a Sadie Hawkins dance, some Muggle dance from the States, this year. She wondered who she would go with. She knew who she wanted to go with, but there was little chance of him asking her.

The portrait hole opened, and in stepped one Harry Potter. Speak of the Devil.

She sighed and returned her gaze to her Charms text.

"Hey, Gin," spoke up someone right behind her, startling her. She turned around quickly.

"Oh, hi Harry," she sighed.

"What's wrong?" She smiled inwardly at his concern.

"Oh, nothing, just this Charms essay." Right.

Harry rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "What's it about?"

"Color-Altering charms. Wanna help me out?"

His cheeks pinkened cutely. "Err, sorry Gin." Her own face turned a little pink at her nickname. "I had a lot of trouble with those. Maybe Hermione could help out, though. She did pretty good with those," he said, rolling his eyes. "As if she'd let herself not do good."

"Too true," she giggled.

"I'll be happy to study with you, though. Hermione keeps nagging me about studying for my N.E.W.T.s."

She was beaming inwardly. "Sure."

They studied for over an hour, with Ginny slowly finishing her assignment.

She closed her book with a thump and a sigh of satisfaction. "Finally."

"It wasn't too bad," he teased, grinning at her.

"Hey! Who was the one getting cramps in her hand, eh?"

He got a strange glint in his eye. He slowly picked her writing hand up from where it was resting on the arm of her chair and began rubbing it slowly. "That better?"

"Mmmm, much better."

"Your hands are so soft," he murmured, so softly that she wasn't sure she had actually heard it.

Suddenly, the portrait hole opened and a group of giggling girls entered, while Harry quickly dove under the desk.

"Err, Harry?" she asked amusedly.

"SHHHHH!"

"Erm, alright." Now she was confused.

Only when the girls left the room did Harry crawl back out. "Sorry about that. I've been mobbed four times today," he explained.

"Mobbed?" she asked, concerned.

"Oh, not like that," he assured her. "I've been asked to this dance at least once by every girl in the school."

She couldn't help but giggle. She could easily see a bunch of girls pouncing on Harry and begging to take him to the dance.

"Well, I haven't asked you," she pointed out.

His eyes got that strange glint again. "So?"

She was confused again. "So, what?"

"Are you going to ask me?"

She blushed a bright Gryffindor red. Should she? If she did, would he think her one of those mindless fan girls that had mobbed him? Would he be disappointed in her? Would he say yes? It was worth a shot, in her opinion. She quickly got a hold of her blush.

"Well, will you go with me to the dance with me?"

"It would be my honor, Ginny."

Her blush returned in full force. "Really?" she squeaked.

He leaned in and kissed her gently in response. That was all the answer she needed.

She had been dreaming of this moment for six years, ever since her family had met him at King's Cross Station. Apparently, dreams do come true.
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear