Search:

SIYE Time:10:19 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Reflections
By DazedMarauder

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Albus, Harry/Ginny, Hermione, Granger, Ron, Weasley
Genres: Drama, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 15
Summary: Remember - maybe it can save you, maybe it can't. Time is what it takes to figure that out. For four adults - remembering is all they can do for now...
Hitcount: Story Total: 3491







ChapterPrinter


A/N: Back again! This is just a mindless fic that wouldn't leave me alone and kept insisting to be put here. So, i obeyed and this is the result! I hope that you like it, and please, please review!

Disclaimer: Not mine *weeps*, but in my head... everything's mine - so it's all good!

αααααα^ 5;αααααα&# 945;αααααα αααααα^ 5;αααααα&# 945;αααααα ααααα

“Don’ t forget. Don’t forget us, don’t forget everything…”

The wind blew through the grass, heading towards the glistening lake. The sun was bright, shining down upon the four students. It would seem like a normal day, with kids running about, telling each other to send owl’s when they got home, wishing people a good summer. But to those four, it was a turning point. Something that they will remember for the rest of their lives. These teenagers, these adults, had so many memories of the building behind them, many more experiences than most, which made it seem as if they were leaving home forever.

The first of the group is a red haired man. He is tall, slightly taller than most eighteen year olds. His vibrant blue eyes showing care, friendship and understanding. Red hair, his families’ signature look, frames his face, standing out against the blue of the sky. His clothes were hand me downs, though they hid some things of great significance, or at least to all those who knew of them. Scars - long and short ones, thin and thick - frame his body, his earliest ones residing on his neck. This mans scars are just the beginning of a tale that would be told for many years to come, but his part in this tale is very important, not a trivial one. His friendship and love saved his life — and Ron Weasley realises this.

The second person of the group is a woman. She looks slightly out of place amongst most of her peers, showing a deep love of knowledge that has, on many occasions, far surpassed her elders. If you look past her bushy brown hair and seemingly plain brown eyes, you will see a heart that is worth more than a rare book, and it shows through her passion. You may just look at her and think that she is the best in her year and she gets the best grades, and though you may be right, there is more to it. She, too, has her own cross to bear. The scar across her chest and the one circling up her wrist are proof of that. Books can only get you so far, and Hermione Granger knows that you have to let your heart take control after that.

The youngest is a woman whose fiery red hair reflects her personality. Determination and resilience flow through her veins, controlling her actions and, at times, her heart. Her past was a tough one, even worse then most adults. Many would think that that would make her weak and shy, but it has only fueled the fire that resides in her mature brown eyes and even in her soul. Freckles cover her face, though they don’t dare to cover up the thin white line that traces her jaw, it represents her past, her history. As hard and cool as she may look, her insides are made up of love and warmth. Ginny Weasley has a mind that is made of steel and heart made of kindness.

The last person, a man, is the one with the most interesting history. He is made up of experience, love, and power. He is known everywhere, his name meaning many different things to many different people. Yet, many don’t truly know him. The people that he has let his inner walls down for, those who he loves unconditionally, are not surprised that his effervescent green eyes are glowing with a need. A need to live, a need to stay with what he has known for almost seven years. For even longer he has carried a burden that most would die from, yet he hasn’t, though he has come close to many times. It amazes him, day in and day out, that one mark could change everything. Change is something that Harry Potter is used to, but he takes it with extreme caution. And this change, especially this change, is one that he almost doesn’t want to happen.

All four look on, facing the dying sun, all seeing different things, yet thinking the exact same thing. Things will never be the same. Three of the group will most likely never see this building ever again, while the other has to stay and deal with living without her closest brother, her best friend, and the love of her life.

Transition is something that most people hate doing, yet know it is necessary. Moving on is hard, and doing that while leaving familiarity, memories, and relative safety, makes it all the more difficult.

“I don’t know if I can do this,” said Ron softly, as he linked his left hand with his girlfriend, Hermione’s, right one. “There’s too much here. Too many times that we have shared.”

“I know,” said Ginny as Hermione grasped her right hand, creating a chain of friendship, one that has existed for a very long time deep within them. “Even though I’m not the one leaving, I can’t help but feel as if I’m losing something.” She clasped Harry’s hand, squeezing it.

“I can’t believe how much time has passed. I can remember when I helped Neville find his toad, on the first day here,” stated Hermione as she titled her head skyward, watching as it changed colors with the setting sun.

“Yeah, everything seemed so simple back then. Everything was either Gryffindor red or Slytherin green. I wish that it could be like that again, even for just a couple of minutes,” said Ron as he let his eyes gently drift shut. “I miss that.”

Silence fell between the four teens as they watched the day die before them, bringing them to a different time. It amazed them all how you could go from being so innocent and so young, to being thrust into a world full of pain and have to face harsh reality with no normalcy to fall back on. Sometimes, life had to be cruel to you, that was just how reality was.

The comfortable silence was broken as Harry let out a harsh laugh. “Did you ever wonder how things would have turned out if Voldemort wasn’t around?” His eyes strayed to the faces of his friends and girlfriend.

All three of them turn to him, their answers shining in their eyes. Ron is the first to speak, “Yes. Every single day of my life. I mean, if Voldemort weren’t here, would I have ever met you, Harry? Would Malfoy still be a git?” Ron smiled as laughter was emitted from everyone, easing the tension that hung so valiantly in the air. “Would I have ever become friends with you, Hermione? Or even more?” Ron turned his gaze towards the lake; looking at something only he could see.

Hermione nodded, squeezing Ron’s hand. “I do too. Would I have ever come to Hogwarts? Would I have ever met any of you? Would I have been half as smart as I am now? I only wish that we could find out…” She trailed off, lost in her thoughts and dreams, where only hope and wondering resides.

Harry looked over at Ginny, who hadn’t answered yet. Her warm brown eyes met his own, burning into him with an unknown emotion. “Yes. I want to know what it would have been like. How different things would have been. There are only questions, and I am starting to get tired of them. I’m sick of having to ask so much and never get any answers. I don’t want to have to guess, I want to be able to know.

Harry sighed, understanding what she meant. Being in the dark of things wasn’t something he, or anyone else for that matter, particularly liked.

The sun had set now, throwing their peaceful world into semi- darkness. The moon illuminated the lake, the stars blanketing their fears, temporarily comforted knowing that nothing could bother them for this second. Being content, no matter how long, was a luxury that they had not been able to indulge in for quite sometime.

“It’s not fair you know,” said Ron as he stood up, walking towards the edge of the lake. “Even though we’re in a war, things shouldn’t be this bad. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone, not even the worst people. No one deserves to have their family torn apart by death, having to watch people suffer daily. It shouldn’t be normal, seeing people in pain and not being able to stop it. I thought that the good guys were supposed to win! We aren’t supposed to have to pay this big of a price for it!”

Hermione got up and walked up to Ron. As she put her arms around him, she felt him tense at the contact, then relax slightly. “I know it isn’t fair, Ron, but we can’t change that. The only thing that we can do is wait.”

“I don’t want to wait anymore, Hermione,” exclaimed Ron as he tore out his love’s arms. “I want to do something!”

Harry pulled Ginny up, going to the edge of the lake where Ron and Hermione were. “I know, mate. I hate it to. I hate this stupid war, this stupid… lull. It’s like the calm before the storm.”

Ginny nodded as she put her arms around Harry’s waist, laying her head down lightly on his chest. Harry wrapped his arms around her, glad for the comfort. “We have to remember though. Our parents went through this before us, they know what their doing. We just have to sit back, hope that they will save us, and remember.”

Ron looked over at his sister, pain clearly shone in his eyes. “Remember what? Remember that our brother died? Remember that some of our friends are missing? Remember that we could die any day?”

“No, Ron,” said Ginny softly as she turned in Harry’s arms to face her boyfriends best friend, her brother. “We need to remember all of the good things. Talking with our friends, playing hide and go seek with our brothers, watching Mum cook dinner. The Quidditch games, the evenings in the common room, the Hogsmeade weekends, those trips to the broom closets.” A slight smile appeared on her face as she reminisced.

“You can’t forget all of the good things, no matter how bad things get. In the end, their all you’ve got.”

Everyone looked at Harry, surprised that he would say anything like that. The past couple of years Harry had become with drawn and quiet. When Ginny had finally shaken him out of his fragile shell, Harry had started dating her and becoming more and more in tune with the world once more.

The quiet seemed to soothe them, submerging them in good time, pain seeming far away, for once. Once again the silence was broken by an outside voice.

“Ahh, I was wondering where you were,” said Albus Dumbledore. He strode over to them, his midnight blue robes flowing languidly behind him, making him seem all the more important.

“Hello, Professor,” greeted Hermione as she turned towards her most trusted mentor. It still amazed her that he had been through so much, and was still alive, seemingly unaffected by his past and the world around him. “We were just thinking.”

Dumbledore smiled slightly gazing at them all over his half moon spectacles. “I should hope that they were good thoughts. It would be easier to deal with everything that is going on at the moment, when one’s soul is not burdened by needless thoughts.” Moonlight glinted off of his glasses as he smiled slightly. “I just came to tell you that you may want to get inside soon, as tomorrow is the Graduation Ceremony, and I should hope that you would want to be well rested.” He looked at them each in turn, observing them. After a long moment he said, “You can’t forget all of the good things, no matter how bad things get. In the end, that is all you may have.” With that he turned towards Hogwarts and walked back, without sparing them a second glance.

The four adults looked at each other, wondering how he knew so much. After a few moments of silent communication they all faced the castle. Linking arms they walked towards their fates, each different to one another, yet in the end — the same thing would reign throughout all of their lives.

They never forget and never once let darkness rule them, no matter what happened. Not everyone has someone else to depend on, but everyone has one thing that eventually saved their lives. For those four people, it was the fact that they never once forgot what mattered, and they always remembered what was important.

With Dumbledore, and Harry’s, last thought in their heads, the group of ever changing teenagers kept walking, walked towards reality and towards where their first life ended, and a new one began. And that was true in so many ways.


☼☼☼☼a 88;☼☼☼☼☼&# 9788;☼☼☼☼☼ ☼☼☼☼☼ϒ 8;☼☼☼☼☼ 788;


A/N: There, it's done! I know it isn't much, but it's a fic that I am proud of. Please REVIEW, because if you do it will make me the happiest person ever!
Insquequo terminus,
amanda
Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear