Search:

SIYE Time:3:52 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Needing to Exhale
By Harmony

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 3
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2004 ***

Everyone knows that Harry is hurting. But others are hurting too, and it may be up to Harry to ease the pain.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2963







ChapterPrinter


A/N: Sadly, I am not JK Rowling: I'm NOT rich, I'm not older, and I'm not British. I'm just a penniless, American teenager. So, I don't own this. But like me anyway.


Ginny sat alone. She couldn’t think. She had pretended that she wasn’t hurt but finally, home and alone in her room, she couldn’t pretend anymore. Sirius was dead. He was gone and he wasn’t coming back.

A couple of hours before, she had been on the Hogwarts Express, laughing and smiling with everyone, pretending that nothing was wrong. She had given a welcoming grin to her family as they met outside the platform at King’s Cross. But when she had arrived home and given an acceptable excuse to her parents, Ginny had barricaded herself in her small room, finally allowing herself to cry.

“And I didn’t even know him for very long,” she thought as she wiped tears from her swollen eyes. “Harry must feel awful.”

And she was right. At the same time, Harry was just arriving at Privet Drive. He climbed out of his uncle’s car, unloaded his things, and said good night. He then went up the stairs and collapsed onto his bed for a much-needed rest.

Ginny woke up the next morning feeling horrible. She looked out her window and saw rain. The sky was dark and the water fell from the sky at an enticing rate, flooding the garden below. She sighed. At least the earth felt the same way she did- Dark and cloudy.
However, she didn’t want anyone to feel sorry for her. She had been worried over enough after her first year, and she wasn’t about to let that happen again. She opened up her wardrobe and found some old jean shorts and a faded Gryffindor T-shirt. She pulled her hair back and washed her face in the old porcelain basin on her dresser. Then she walked downstairs for breakfast.

Harry woke up to the sound of rain pattering against his window. He got up and looked out the window. The road was shiny and slick. The tree in the neighbor’s yard swayed violently with the wind. For some reason, the setting soothed Harry. At least the earth felt the same way he did- dreary and alone. His stomach growled, and he decided to make a trip downstairs. He found some old jeans and pulled them on over his boxers. He rummaged through his trunk and found his favorite T-shirt- a faded Gryffindor shirt that said “Seeker” on the back. Feeling a little more awake, he opened his door and made his way downstairs for breakfast.

“Pass me the syrup, please,” Ginny said to Ron as she watched him shovel his pancakes into his mouth. “And really, do you have to be that gross? No wonder you’ve never had a girlfriend- no one would find that very attractive.” Ron looked up at her and snarled. He then grabbed the syrup and shoved it toward her in a surly manner. “My, my. Moody, aren’t we?”

“Ginny,” chastised Mrs. Weasley, who had just entered the room. “Stop enticing your brother. After breakfast, I need you to help me with the spare bedrooms. We need to make them presentable before Harry and Hermione arrive.”

“WHAT?” both Ginny and Ron shouted.
“Harry’s coming? So soon?” Ginny asked.

“Yes,” Mrs. Weasley answered. “We want to bring him here before the Death Eaters can make a move on him. After what happened last summer, Dumbledore is very wary. He has decided that one day will have to be enough time for Harry to be protected by his family. He will be here this evening.”

“What about Hermione?” Ron asked, turning slightly pink around the ears.

“She will be here this evening as well,” Mrs. Weasley informed him. “Since the twins don’t live here anymore, and we have the other room,” she paused here in reflection of Percy, who still wasn’t talking to them, “we can let Harry and Hermione have their own rooms. I’m leaving it up to you two to straighten them up. And be especially considerate with Harry’s. He needs some cheering up, I’m sure.”

Harry certainly could use some cheering up. At that moment, he sat in the Dursley’s stainless steel kitchen, eating a bowl of cold oatmeal. He could here the sound of Aunt Petunia in the next room, dusting the ever-shining trophies that Dudley had brought home the previous year from his boxing matches. Harry rolled his eyes. How pathetic his family was, living such trivial lives while he fought deadly wizards and lost godfathers. He groaned. He was already miserable, and this was his first day back. He knew that he couldn’t keep it up all summer, or he would be a sad excuse for a wizard when he was finally let out of this prison. He stood up and carried his empty bowl to the sink. Then he made his way back upstairs to find something to do.

“Disgusting!” Ginny yelled, and leapt back in an attempt the escape the odor reeking from behind a dresser in the twin’s bedroom. “Ron, look!”

Ron walked over. “I don’t even want to know how long that has been there. Who knows with the twins though. They probably made it last week and left it in here for us to find.”

With a little bit of prodding and some help from their mother, Ron and Ginny managed to empty the room of its many maladies and inhabitants. This left the room bare, with only a bed, desk, and wardrobe left.

“We need to do something with this,” Ron said. “This looks like Percy’s room.” Ginny nodded, and a brilliant idea popped into her mind.

After looking through his photo album for the seventy-eighth time, Harry looked up at the clock to find that it was already four o’clock. The rain had lessened but was still constant outside his window. He sighed, leaned back, and found himself eye-to-eye with a green-haired witch. “Tonks?”

“Ready to leave this place, Harry?” she grinned. “Remus is downstairs, letting your family know you’re leaving. Let’s get you packed up.”

“Leaving? Already?” Harry exclaimed. This was too good to be true. He must have fallen asleep. This was a dream.

“Right you are, Harry. Sorry we couldn’t tell you yesterday, but we wanted it to stay completely secret. We can’t have the Death Eaters knowing where you are and where you’re going.”

Harry just grinned. He jumped to his feet and began to gather up his things. This didn’t take long, for he hadn’t been at Privet Drive long enough to make it home again. “Where are we going?” he asked.

“The Burrow.”
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear