Search:

SIYE Time:19:01 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Someone to Die For
By Pokie4389

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, General
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 8
Summary: As Ginny and Harry are faced with dark beginnings, Harry reminds Ginny that there will always be a beacon of hope.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3733







ChapterPrinter


Someone to Die For



Summary: As Ginny and Harry are faced with dark beginnings, Harry reminds Ginny that there will always be a beacon of hope.

This isn’t a songfic per say but it was inspired by a song and if you’d like to listen to it its called ‘Someone to Die For’ by Jimmy Gnecco feat. Brian May


~*~


“Gi nny!” an alarmed voice shouted hoarsely, catching the woman’s attention just in time to prevent her from being hit by a green streak of light.


The woman’s eyes were immediately drawn to the man who had just saved her life, this time and many times before. He was battling three robed figures at once, trying with all his strength to hold back the advancing fleet of darkness.


Yet he still had time to save her, again.


A fourth figure began stealthily approaching the man from beyond his field of vision with their weapon raised, ready to aim, when a red-haired man coming from virtually nowhere shot the approaching figure down with a flash of red.


The redhead advanced toward the one whom he had saved and together they attempted to keep back the wave of darkness from what looked like a giant castle.


Once the young women had resumed her fight her attention was once again drawn to focus on the man and in doing so made the biggest mistake of her life as his eyes found hers and he was struck down within a torrent of green light.




~*~



“Harry!”


The strangled gasp echoed throughout the eerily silent room when a young woman sat up in bed, gasping for breath, as tears streamed, unbidden, down her chalk-white face.


She quickly took in her surroundings and when finding nothing amiss covered her face with equally pale hands and let a choked sob overwhelm her.


The body lying next to her once sleeping figure seemed untroubled until the sound of the woman’s sob rocketed throughout every corner of the darkness which had overtaken them both long before.


“Gin? Ginny?” A tired voice questioned, gently pulling the distressed creature into his arms.


Awakening at a faster pace than was the norm for the young man he quickly began to attempt to soothe his anguished fiancé.


“What did you see, love?” The man asked, for he already knew what was wrong, being well acquainted with painful memories himself.


There was a sudden hitch in the woman’s sobs at his knowing question and the tears seemed to come that much faster.


The young man ran his fingers through the auburn locks of the woman, gently caressing her face with his palms. He pressed soft kisses to her forehead, silently begging her to tell him what she had seen.


“Oh Harry!” The woman’s sobs intensified and tears became rivers upon her cheeks, coming to an end as they fell off her chin onto the man’s nightshirt which she had collapsed against moments before.


Being startled by these words he tried to search her moist face for more information but it was as if her exclamation had been a foreign language and he could make nothing of it.


Forgetting his own woes as he felt the drops of tears begin to soak through his lightweight shirt he promptly took up his familiar task of trying to calm the young woman in his arms.


“Harry, you were—I saw it . . . again,” she choked out.


A violent fit of paleness consumed the man’s features in an instant as she uttered those words, the same words he had heard two nights before.


“But I’m still here, love. And I always will be,” he whispered in her ear, wiping the tears from her face with the pad of his thumb.


He placed another delicate kiss upon her forehead waiting as she struggled to speak again.


“It’s the third time, Harry,” she said in a hoarse whisper, covered with still more unshed tears.


“Ginny,” he paused, pulling her ever closer to him as though he couldn’t bear to have an inch separating the both of them.


“I love you and no matter what happens that is not going to change, I will always be with you. Whatever comes between us, just remember, you’ll always be my beacon of light when things get too dark. If you’re the last person I see before I fall I’ll have your face etched in my mind for all eternity and know that I experienced the love most people long for. I’ll love you always and forever.”


The End.



A/N: A quick author’s note needed to make sure you all download this song! Or buy it, whichever you prefer. It’s on the Spiderman 2 soundtrack which overall is a worthwhile CD. I always steal it from my sister just to listen to this song :P I’ve posted the uninterrupted lyrics for the few who I realize either can’t or won’t download this awesome song. *tsk* Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little story, check out my others. I have three other songfics. Please review! I obviously wouldn’t kill Harry. So this story has a suspenseful, questioning, but you now know happy ending.

‘Someone to Die For’ by Jimmy Gnecco featuring Brian May

Before you landed
I had a will but didn't know what it could do
You were abandoned
And still you're handing out what you don't wanna lose
You make me drop things
Like all the plans I had for a life without you

Someone to die for
Someone to fall into when the world goes dark
Someone to die for
Someone to tear a hole in this endless nightSomeone like you

I'm drunk when sober
The room is spinning
You are what I hold on to
You're taking over
I find that giving in is the best I can do

Someone to die for
Someone to fall into when the world goes dark
Someone to die for
Someone to tear a hole in this endless night
Someone like you

Someone to die for
Someone to die for
Someone to die
Someone
Someone
Someone
Someone to die for
Someone to fall into when the world goes dark
Someone to die for
Someone to tear a hole in this endless night
Someone
Someone like you
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear