Search:

SIYE Time:11:03 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Giving Up Officially
By LilyEvans4life

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Hermione Granger
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: When Ginny meets a boy named Michael Corner at the Yule Ball, she wonders if she will ever be able to give up on Harry and date other people.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3772







ChapterPrinter


"My god Ginny! Stop whinning!" Parvarti shouted at me as she brought my hair into a very painful messy bun. It isn't really my fault, seeing as Lavender nearly poked my eye out while she was doing my make-up. I really should have listened to Hermione when she said not to go to these two.

"I really can't help it, your pulling on my hair as though it isn't attached to my head, which it won't be in a few minutes, and Lavender nearly poked my eye out while putting eye-liner on! OUCH!"

Great, now they are purposely trying to hurt me. I absolutely HATE it when Hermione is right.

"You do want to attract lots of guys tonight, do you not? If so, then the less you squirm, the quicker we'll be."

"Parvarti, boys aren't usually attracted to girls with no hair, which is what I will be if you don't stop tugging so hard!"

*
"Ginny, you have to admit, you do look beautiful." Hermione said to me as I stood looking at myyself in the mirror.

"Yes, but I had to go through bloody hell to get there."
"Maybe so, but I bet Harry will be sorry he didn't g with you."

"Oh please, like that's going to happen. Come on Hermione, I'm just going to be Ron's little sister to Harry. He's to busy sulking about bloody Cho Chang." The name rolled off my tongue, and I pulled a face as if she was some sort of poison.


"I've never met a girl as jealous as you." Hermione said as she applied more lipstick on to her lips, immiediatly cringing as she licked them, which was a habit she had.

"I don't know how people wear this, it tastes horrible!"
"I'm pretty sure the object is NOT to eat it, Hermione."

She immidiatly hit me lightly across the head, which led me to go into my very accurte immpresion of Parvarti.
"Ack, my hair! How dare you!" Hermione laughed. It was so mean of us, making fun of Parvarti and Lavender like that, because they are nice, but they are just so, well , girly. Which is very much different from my and Hermione.

"Come on, Neville and Victor are probably waiting."
*
When we came down Neville's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. Honestly, I really didn't think I was that pretty.

"Ginny, you look, amazing!" Immiediatly a blush came across my face. I usually didn't get compliments like that.

"Thanks Neville. Well, shall we go down?" Neville nodded, and I linked my arm in his and we went down with Hermione.

Victor pretty much had the same reaction as Neville did.
"Her-mee-own, you look vonderful!" Hermione blushed and said goodbye to me, and I went off to the dance floor with Neville.

The dance had only started about 5 minutes ago, but already the floor was packed. A song was going on, and you could see Fred and Angelina dancing like maniacs already. I turned to Neville.

"So, shall we dance?" We did okay during the fast songs, but during the slower ones, well, lets just say I had to soak my feet for a couple of hours afterwards. After the third slow song, my feet were throbbing painfully, so I offered to get us drinks.

"I'm going to go get something to drink, do you want anything? He shook his head.

"I'm sorry I'm such a miserable dancer." He said glumly.
It is hard not to take pity on the guy.

"Neville you could exel at so many things if you just tried!" He just shrugged.

As I reached the drinks, I say a crowd of many anxious looking women, as well as some guys, crowded around Victor Krum. The girls kept asking if he wanted to dance, the boys looked pretty bloody pissed that there dated were paying more attention to him then them, and Victor looked as though he just wanted to get back to Hermione.

I was so engrossed in this that I didn't even realise it where I was going until *BAM*, I run straight into some guy. He had black hair, blue ees, and a glare on his face that made me think he was a Slytherin.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going, I was watching my date. She seems to be very interested in Mr.Krum over there."

"Maybe so, but it doesn't look as if he's to interested in her. He looks like her just wants to get back to Hermione!"

"Hermione?" He asked, looking at me. He was actually quite cute.

"My friend, his date." He nodded understandably.

"I'm sorry, I haven't even introduced myself, I'm Michael Corner."

"Ginny Weasley. Your in Ravenclaw?" When he nodded, I simply said, "Gryffindor."

We stood talking for a long while. He seemed really nice. I was just about to ask him if he wanted to dance, when he asked me, "Are you dateless?"

Oh no! I forgot about poor Neville! He seemed to understand when I put a hand to my mouth and gasped.
I was just about to run off and find Neville, when, speak of the devil, here comes Neville!

"Ginny, I was wondering where you went. Listen, I think I ate something bad, I think I have to go see Madam Pomfrey..." I was just about to say okay, when he ran off looking green.

"Well, it looks like we're both dateless. Care to dance?"
I smiled broadly and laughed. "Certainly."
*
Standing at the door, I was feeling very uneasy. All the while I was dancing with Michael, Harry just wouldn't leave my mind. I was feeling guilty. Was I going to give up my dream of being with Harry as soon as some cute boy comes along?

Michael looked at me, then nervously said, "Ummm, Ginny, I was wondering, do you wanna go to to Hosgmeade with me?"

I looked at him. "Ummm..." I was just about to say I'll think about it...

Then Harry walked right passed me, not even noticing me. Was I going to spend the rest of my life never going on a date, but following someone around who will never see me as anything more then his best friend's younger sister?

"You know what Michael, I tthink I will."
*
As I walked into the common room, Ron and Hermione's screams reached my ears. Really, would they just admit they loved each other and get it over with? Then something came out of Hermione's mouth that I was sure she didn't mean to say.

"Next timethere's a ball, ask me before someone else does, and not as a last resort!" She then realised what she had said, and dashed upstairs. I glanced at Parvarti and Lavender, and together we dashed upstairs, stopping dead at Hermione's sobs.

I opened the door, and saw Hermione's hair out it's bun, and her makeup running down her cheeks. We went over to her, Parvarti and Lavender holding on to her hands, and me stroking her hair.

"It's okay Hermione..." Hermione firmly sat up. "That's it! I'm officially giving up on Ronald Weasley!"

I was thinking, can you really do that officially, but instead I said, "Well then, I am officially giving up on Harry Potter!"

Lavender started to say, "I am officially giving up on Sea- well, I'm going out with Seamus, so I can't really give up on him." That started Hermione laughing, and we all fell asleep on her bed.
*
The next morning I woke up very uncomfortable, beside Hermione with my feet resting on Lavender. Yet I felt good. I had given on Harry, I was practically free!

I went downstairs to finish some homework I had forgotten about, when Ron came down. A few minutes later, Hermione came down.

"Hello Hermione!" Ron shouted.
"Goodmorning Ron!" I don't know how I stopped myself from laughing histarically. That was so fake. I noticed a blush coming up Hermione's neck and reaching her face. I went over to her, whispering, "Over him are you?"
before I went downstairs to breakfast, where I had another nice chat with Michael Corner.

The End!
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear