Search:

SIYE Time:12:02 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Perfect
By Ginger Snap

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 13
Summary: What if things were a bit different, and Harry had asked Ginny out before her second year? This is a bit of pure fluff meant to inspire.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5570







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. JK Rowling owns everything.



This is for my sister. I know we are not blood, but because we chose each other makes it even more special. I know in my heart that Jalee is out there waiting.


Perfect


If you would have asked me just six weeks ago what I thought about a boy kissing me, I would have said “ummm…yeah…whatever.” and I probably would have rolled my eyes, but now things are different. My big sister, not a blood sister, but a dear friend and everything I had ever imagined a big sister being like says it’s called hormones. I must have a lot of them.

In just a few weeks, I will be going into my second year at Hogwarts, and my brother Ron’s best mate, Harry Potter, is staying at our house for the rest of the summer. He is gorgeous, and sweet, and everything! I first met him in the stories mum would tell us before bed, and every night I dreamed of what it would be like to be his special someone, but those were just dreams. Dreams about two people I didn’t really know, but tonight, that dream came true. Almost.

“Hey Ginny.” Harry said to me as he walked into the living room. I was sitting on the floor looking through one of my mum’s Witch Weekly’s with my leg up. I had broken it a month or so ago, and the healers at St Mungo’s fixed it up straight away, but they said it may give me fits every now and then for a little while, and this was one of those times. It hurt so badly today that I could not walk on it, so dad, bless him, found an old muggle remedy called crutches.

Crutches are these god awful things that are supposed to act like extra legs so you don’t actually have to use the hurt one. Well, I can do lots of things. I can fly on brooms, I can climb trees, I can swim, but I cannot figure these things out. I think they are actually muggle torture devices for those who do stupid things like break their leg, and are there to remind you to not break your leg ever again.

“Oh, hey Harry!” I replied as I looked up into his beautiful green eyes.

“Have you ever seen a muggle movie before?” he asked me.

“No.” I replied honestly. I had always wanted to go to one, but hade never gotten around to it. Mum and dad have been loads of times. My heart beat a little faster as my mind started to think that maybe Harry was finally going to ask me out on a date.

“Neither have I.” He said. “Your dad left a muggle newspaper in the kitchen, and I saw this really cool looking movie, and thought maybe you’d like to go?” He didn’t seem a bit nervous as he asked me, and to tell you the truth, neither was I. I had always thought that I die a thousand happy deaths if I ever heard him ask me out, but once it finally happened, it just happened.

“Sure.” I said, but then I thought I’d probably better ask mum and dad first, so I got up, or at least tried to get up, but when Harry saw me struggling, he held out his hands and pulled me to my foot and helped me with my crutches. Once I was up, Harry disappeared somewhere, and I went to find mum to see if I could go with Harry.

Well, I found her out back sitting by the pond dangling her feet in the water reading a book. I asked her if I could go, and she said I could. She and dad were going into the village that night anyway, so they would just walk along with us.

I went and found Harry and let him know that I could go with him, and he looked relieved. Like there was any chance I would have said no to him. Anyway, after that, I went up to my room and finished up a bit of summer studying. No body knows this, but I have been reading through as many of the old school books as I can, because I really do want to do well, and after my disastrous first year, I really have to do something.

After a bit of studying, I started to get ready to go to the movie. I went to my closet, and started looking through it. I have a lot of muggle clothes, which is always something mum and dad have complained about. They think the boys and I should dress like proper witches and wizards, but we all like the muggle clothes, and mum and dad have realized that convincing us otherwise is a losing battle.

After sliding every piece of clothing I own down the rod they were hanging on, I decided on a dark purple sun dress with black straps and black trim. I put it on, and then set out to find my shoes. I had the perfect pair for this outfit. They were black ankle length soft soled, soft leather shoes that were very comfortable, and actually went quite well with this dress. I brushed out my hair, and left it down. I really don’t like tying it back, or pulling it up. I don’t wear any make up, so I was ready to go.

I went downstairs and saw mum working on dinner in the kitchen, so I asked if she needed any help, and she said she didn’t so I went back into the living room and sat down, and read some more.

Mum called everyone to dinner a few minutes later, and so I struggled to my foot and walked slowly into the dining room. Harry was just coming down the stairs as I walked in, and his eyes widened when he looked at me. I tried not to blush, and he recovered quickly. I looked at him a bit longer though. He was wearing a pair of khaki pants with a dark grey polo shirt, and he looked gorgeous.

Dinner was a rather boring affair, and finally after it was cleaned up, mum, dad, Harry and I all headed to the village. Mum and dad were going to go play some muggle card game with some muggle friends. Once we got to the village, they left us about a block away from the movie theatre, and went to their friends house.

Harry and I talked about a lot of things on the way, and everything flowed so nicely, and just seemed so natural. It was a great time, and once we got to the theatre, Harry opened the door for me, and I felt his hand on the small of my back as I went in. That slight touch felt so good. It was exactly what I needed.

Once we got our tickets, we went and bought some snacks. Harry bought some sugary things called Skittles. They are like a rainbow of fruit flavoured, soft, chewy candies. My big sister had always told me to try the licorice whips, so I did. It tastes great, and is good for whipping people with. I did not get a drink because I did not really want to have to get up and go pee in the middle of the movie.

We walked inside the theatre itself, and found some seats and sat down. It was rather difficult to fit down the row with my crutches, but with Harry’s help, I managed. We talked some more, and the more we talked, the more I noticed his face, and his lips. Until this moment, I had never really seriously thought about what it would be like to be kissed by a boy, but now I was seriously thinking about it.

The lights went out suddenly, and the movie started. There were advertisements for movies that were going to be coming out soon, as well as advertisements telling people to go buy junk at the snack bar. After several of these, the actual movie finally started.

To be honest, I don’t remember much of what the movie was about, but Harry and I were being kind of obnoxious. We were making comments and such, and it was a lot of fun. I suppose the people behind us might have been bothered, but they never said anything. There was one part where this muggle actress came on, and I happen to know her from some of the muggle magazines I read. She is my favorite actress in the whole world, and I knew her birthday was just a few weeks ago, so I started singing Happy Birthday. Harry gave me a strange look, and then his face cleared as he said “Her birthday was a few weeks ago.” Harry knew my favorite actresses birthday!

We continued on like this for a while, and as I kept looking over at him. I really wanted him to do something. Anything. My skin was craving his touch so badly, that I finally decided that if he wasn’t going to make a move, I would.

I slowly slid my arm through his arm, and he did not draw away. I did not feel his head move as I laid my head on his shoulder. Moments later, I felt his fingers graze my cheek, and finally come to rest on the back of my hand. We sat like that for nearly the rest of the movie.

I felt his head lift and I looked up at him, and found myself looking into his eyes. He was so beautiful, and at that moment, I wanted him to kiss me more than I had ever wanted anything before. He just looked into my eyes and smiled a very caring smile. I felt him let out a very content sigh as he looked back to the screen. I put my head back on his shoulder, and I felt him snuggle a bit closer.

Finally the movie ended, and we got up to leave. Mum and dad were going to be in the village for a while yet, so we headed back to The Burrow. I learned during the walk home that I absolutely hate crutches. I had disliked them before, but now I absolutely hated them! It meant that Harry could not hold my hand!

After walking for a while, we made it back home. Harry helped me up the stairs to my room, and we stopped just outside my door. I put my crutches against the wall, and he hugged me. I looked up into his eyes, and as desperately as before, I wanted to be kissed, but instead, we just looked at each other and smiled. I suppose that was just as well, because if he had kissed me, I would have snogged him senseless. I put my head against his chest, and melted into his arms and never wanted to let go. We stood there and held each other for what felt like a perfect eternity. Finally, we let go and he started to walk backwards down the hall, never taking his eyes off of me. After a few steps, he turned around, but kept his gaze on me and kept smiling. As he was about to walk up the stairs, he gave a little wave with his hand and disappeared.

I stood outside my room with my back against the door for a few minutes as I tried to catch my breath. I did not feel nervous or scared. I felt beautiful. I felt cherished. I felt like, that for this evening, I was the only one that mattered to some one else.

Tonight is a night I will always remember, no matter what happens. Tonight is the night that I found my Patronus memory. Tonight is the night I felt perfect.




Authors notes: I know that this is not canon, nor is it terribly in character. Sometimes things happen that inspire, and you just have to write it. This is one of those times.
Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear