Search:

SIYE Time:6:25 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Tale as Old as Time
By Luna_Lovegood831

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 17
Summary: Harry is pushing his friends away. He can't bear to see them, especially her, hurt, God forbid killed. Can someone convince him against his belief that everything he touches turns to dust? She can. (The song Tale as Old as Time is from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.)
Hitcount: Story Total: 3719







ChapterPrinter


Harry stalked down towards the Quidditch Pitch. He hated pushing his friends away, but it had to be done. Anyone close to him was in trouble. Anyone close to him was on Voldemort’s hit list. First his parents, then Cedric, and now Sirius. Not to mention the people who didn’t die, but still bear the scars of coming close to such an evil; Ginny, Mr. Weasley, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, and again Ginny. He remembered Mrs. Weasley’s boggart, and he would be damned if any of that came true, even if he had to act so beastly to get everyone away. So far, his plan was not working too well. Ron, Hermione, and Ginny weren’t giving up easily. They might after the escapade he just pulled. He grimaced at the thought. Name-calling, dirty looks, all around Slytherin-ness. He had called Hermione a mudblood, he could tell it had hurt her, but he could also tell she knew somehow that he didn’t mean it. He had allowed his pain and regret to show in his eyes for just a second, but somehow, she had caught it. He had told Ron and Ginny he hated them. They were visibly hurt, Ginny more so, though they had also picked up on his pain. He could tell Ron knew he hadn’t meant it, but he had hurt Ron just the same. When they had tried to comfort him, he had physically pushed them away, and stalked off. He pushed the agonizing memory from his mind.


“HARRY JAMES POTTER! WAIT RIGHT THERE.” He heard Ginny’s voice call. He did not want to stop, he tried not to stop, but somehow… he stopped. He silently kicked himself for stopping. He turned around to face the redhead. He couldn’t let her know how he felt about her. He couldn’t tell her, he couldn’t betray his feelings, Voldemort would use them, and she would die. He started hiding how beautiful he thought she was many months ago and continued to this day. Harry began re-hiding how much he wanted to be with her, he put his barriers up, took a deep breath, and looked her straight in the eyes. Though he instantly regretted it. Those eyes, always filled with understanding. Those eyes that drove him crazy, kept him up at night. He let out a quick sigh.


“Just what exactly do you think you’re doing?” Ginny asked, with that all familiar red fire in her eyes. God, she was beautiful. He felt himself softening, and concentrated all his strength on keeping firm, on saving her.


Minutes passed by and the too just stared at each other. Every passing moment Harry felt his resolve crumbling. He tried to remain calm, but he just broke.


“Saving you.” He said, with a tear rolling down his cheek.




Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly





Ginny looked taken aback by the turn of events. She obviously thought there was going to be some kind of terrible fight with the beast that had taken, sweet, kind, caring, noble Harry Potter’s place. She noticed something had changed in his emerald eyes. Maybe this wouldn’t be so hard after all. Maybe she was finally making a breakthrough after all these months. She had prayed for this, wished for this, just a small bend in his will, and now she had her opening.





Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast






Harry couldn’t fight it any longer. “You are not safe. None of you are. Being friends with me is death and pain waiting to happen.” He said, his head down, trying not to reveal the silent tears streaming down his cheeks. He felt and hand rest on his shoulder.


Ginny waited for him to continue. She was sure he was going to.


“Being friends with me puts you, Ron, and Hermione numbers 2, 3, and 4 on Voldemort’s list. I don’t want you there. I care about you to much. I don’t know what I would do without you.” He looked up at her, his eyes shining.





Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
Ever just as sure
As the sun will rise





“Harry? Did you ever think that it was our decision too. Not just yours. We want to be your friends. We want to stick with you. We want to be there to help you. I want to be there for you. Just let me. You can’t do it alone. And then, we’ll have no one here like you. No one as strong, or brave, or kind, or loving.” Ginny said the last words with a hint of longing.


He looked at the ground again. Ginny’s words had touched him. She hadn’t said they would be deprived of the only person who could defeat Voldemort, that if he failed they would all be doomed to live under the darkest wizard of all time; she said they would lack him, Harry Potter, the boy who cared. Not the boy-who-lived. Him, the real Harry Potter. Before he knew what he was doing, he had his arms around Ginny and was kissing her like he had wanted to for the past months.


Slowly, they broke apart, and he leaned his forehead against hers, “I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you too.” She whispered back. He pulled her into another kiss, more loving than the last.





Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bitter sweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong




Hermione and Ron had watched this interchange from the steps of Hogwarts. Watched Ginny finally pull Harry out of his stupor. Watched the first and second kisses of what they were sure would be many. They smiled at each other.


“He’s fine.” Hermione’s smile brightened as she took Ron’s hand, who in turn kissed her on the cheek, and walked back into the castle.





Certain as the sun
Rising in the East
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast




Harry and Ginny stayed lost in each other till they overcame their challenges. Together, with Ron, and of course Hermione’s help, not to mention the help of many, many others, Voldemort was defeated, all Death Eaters captured and imprisoned. Two weddings were planned and carried through.


And


they


lived


happily


ever


after.









Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the beast
Reviews 17
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear