Search:

SIYE Time:18:10 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Frogs and Princes
By Fogish

- Text Size +

Category: Summer-Fun Challenge (2004-3)
Characters:None
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 10
Summary: They say that two is company but three is a crowd. So what happens if you're number four? The Trio and Ginny go to the carnival and Ginny is left two steps behind.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4451







ChapterPrinter



Frogs and Princes


I always like the carnival. At least the magical one. I’ve never really been to a muggle one even with my dad’s obsession. Or maybe it was because of that obsession that Mother never let us go. Maybe she was just too worried about how Dad would embarrass us and ultimately reveal the wizarding community or something. I don’t know but I am sure that she was over reacting. I mean muggles aren’t that bad or dangerous and Dad? Well I guess most people just think he’s completely crazy here so why would muggles regard him as anything different? And I say that with all the love in the world of course.

But as I was saying, I always loved the carnival. It’s a feeling I can’t really explain, it’s the flying experience but not exactly. It’s like losing control of your broom but knowing that at the end you will be fine. At least that’s the way I feel about the fast rides. I never truly understood what people see in the slow ones. Even when I was really little I thought the marry-go-round was for babies. Not to mention the muggle ones. The seats must just sit there. I mean they don’t have any magic to make the hippogriffs move or anything.

So when Hermione owled us and asked if we wanted to come to the carnival with her near her home I was not really sure what to think. It would be interesting to see what muggles would put together and compare it but what if it was nowhere near as good as just flying on the broom for free. And it was more than that. Ron and Harry would be there. I love my brother dearly and all but those three have been “The Trio” with a capital T since before I even knew Hermione. So I would just end up tagging along.

Surprisingly enough it was it was Mother who convinced me to go. I think she was worried about Ron, or maybe Harry. After all it would be Harry’s chance to get away from the world and all his troubles, not to mention his family, a little bit. And she did say that she was sending someone to watch us and protect us if need be. So that’s how I ended up, just as I predicted, walking two steps behind them listening to them blabber on and on about things I would never be able to share with them.

“Oh you remember that boggart during our third year?” Hermione would laugh “Neville’s. Remember?” and both Harry and Ron would start laughing hystarically.

“How could I forget?” Harry would say between breaths, “That was seriously one of the funnier things I ever saw. But it’s a good thing it was Snape though. I mean can you see McGonagall in that outfit?”

“That would be plain scary” Ron said half laughing and half shuddering.

I just shrugged and stood behind them in the line to the rollercoaster. I mean of course I heard about the boggart, I was in Hogwarts at the time, but hearing and seeing were completely different things and I really could not be a part of that conversation. At least when on the ride they wouldn’t be talking so I could have fun without feeling left out, even though you could see the track so you knew exactly where it would go.

As we got closer it seemed like Harry was getting quieter and quieter. Of course it was Harry, so you never really knew if there was a problem or not but it still seemed suspicious. Finally he said “you three just go on, I’ll wait for you here.”

Well you could imagine how weird that was, but that wasn’t the end. He had to say that right when we turned the corner and saw that the seats were just for two and I had to respond by saying “I don’t want to ride alone”. Now where did that one come from? I have been alone all day, practically, and this would be my way to release some steam.

Ron and Hermione just exchanged glances, they didn’t try to help me at all. Hermione elbowed Ron once but he didn’t get the hint or something. So the next thing I knew I was standing at the hot dog stand with Harry, a soda and a very sour expression.

“So the great Harry Potter is afraid of rollercoasters?” I asked

Harry just laughed. “Actually I’ve never been on one, but I figured that losing Ron and Hermione for a little bit would be good for both of us.”

“What do you mean by that?” This conversation was not helping my mood at all. “You basically made me get out of the line for the one ride I was actually looking forward to in this lousy day!” I was practically yelling by that point.

Harry stopped walking and turned to face me. “I know what it’s like to feel left out you know.” He said slowly, “I’ve known them for six years and sometimes they just go into their own little world. I thought that they would like to be by themselves a little, and in the process I could help you have fun. We can go back if you really want to.”

Trust Harry to make you angry and feel stupid and calm down all at the same time. He was looking straight at me and I couldn’t help but notice that we were all alone. I had just opened my mouth to replay and there was a big “crack”. Harry’s eyes that were staring at me so intently just a moment ago were gone. In fact all of Harry was gone. I looked around startled but could not see him anywhere. I almost thought he had apparated out and was beginning to get offended. It was then that I heard a croak. I had almost stepped on this ugly toad with warts and all. The only reason I did turn and leave was that it had a thin lightning shaped scar between its large eyes. Then I remembered that Mother said she would send somebody to watch us. I had a small gut feeling about who this mysterious person was. Or should I say people…

“Fred and George are here somewhere. I’m sure of it” I muttered to myself as I scooped Harry us into my arms and started looking around for the twins.

I found them sitting in the bushes trying hard not to laugh but failing to do so. “Sleep with that next to your pillow” Fred managed to say.

“Yeah! It might turn into a prince or something.” George said when they had calmed down a little bit.

I kept staring daggers at them and finally they backed away.

“Recon we should keep him that way?” Fred mused, “I mean it would make watching these two a whole lot easier”

“That would be the Slytherin thing to do” Fred said in mock seriousness, and they both started laughing again.

“Toodles” they yelled together and ran around the building before I could give them a proper yelling but not before turning Harry back into himself. While he was in my arms at that.

“Well I think that was enough excitement for the day.” Harry said as we stood up and dusted ourselves. I was blushing very hard but at least I was out of my bad mood. Fred and George always do that to you. Make you extremely embarrassed but also make you look at the world in a humorous way. “Come on!” Harry continued, “I’ll take you to ride the marry-go-round!”

“Oh NO!” I laughed, “Not for a thousand galleons! That thing is for babies. We need something fast and special.”

“Oh come on. I’ll make it special.” He grabbed my hand and started pulling me away.

And he did make it special, that and many other things. So you see, I may have gotten everything all wrong, and I may not have won a thousand galleons for the marry-go-round trip, but Harry was there and so I did get a prince.


~*~



Ginny Potter looked up from her kids towards her loving husband who was standing in the doorway and smiling at the pretty picture.

“Now you lot, sweet dreams” she said and bent to kiss each one on the forehead. She did not get near the first child before they all sat up, suddenly wide awake and begging her for more.

“Please Mommy! Tell us about your wedding!” her youngest pleaded and was joined by the others “yes please Mommy”

Ginny and Harry laughed. “Not tonight, Mommy and Daddy are tired” Harry said and came in to help his wife.

“Goodnight munchkins” he said and the two left the room to a chorus of “Awh”s.

They closed the door behind them and Ginny sighed. “They’re such jewels Harry” she said.

“They really are” was the happy response.

Harry put his arm around her as they looked at the closed door. He smiled down at her and told her as he kissed the top of her head “I got my princess too”.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear