Search:

SIYE Time:13:21 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


From the Fun House to Bumper Cars
By Love4aseeker

- Text Size +

Category: Summer-Fun Challenge (2004-3)
Characters:None
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 12
Summary: A carnival is in Hermione's neighborhood for a month, so she invites Ginny, Ron, and Harry to come. But young love can be found in unexpected places.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3537







ChapterPrinter


Ginny awoke to the sound of an owl tapping on her window. Groggily, she got up and opened the window for the petite owl. Flying around Ginny's room was an owl she had never encountered before. " I wonder whose owl that is." She wondered aloud. Shrugging, she took the letter from the owl and immediately discovered whose owl it was. The letter read: Ginny, There is a carnival in my neighborhood this month, and I would love for you to come. I am inviting you, Harry, and Ron. I really hope you can come. You can come to my house by floo, Wednesday at 2:15. There'll be cotton candy. Love from, Hermione. She had laughed aloud when she heard about the cotton candy. Hermione had been her best friend since third year and she knew that she would be tempted by sugar. The only thing she was worried about was Ron and muggles together in the same sentence. " Oh well, if Hermione wants me to come, I'll come," she told the letter.

Harry had just come back upstairs after breakfast, when he saw the small owl sitting on his bed. He couldn't remember whose owl that was, so he went ahead and took the letter from the owl. He stood there for a moment trying to see if he could think of whose owl it could be. Figuring that he wasn't going to figure it out anytime soon, he went ahead and opened it. It read: Harry, there is a carnival in my neighborhood this month, and I would love for you to come. I am inviting you, Ron, and Ginny. I really hope you can come. You can go to Mrs. Figg's house and floo from there to my house Wednesday at 2:15. There'll be roller coasters. Love from, Hermione. " Hermione sure is a smart one. She knew I'd be tempted by adventure," he said aloud. He ran down the stairs and told Uncle Vernon that he would be leaving Wednesday and he wouldn't be back.

Ron came in from his quidditch match with Bill and Charlie to find an odd owl sitting on the back of the sofa. He knew whose owl that was. Hermione had sent him a letter about how he really should read a little this summer. So, the next morning and afternoon he had skipped breakfast and lunch to read, Hogwarts, a History: Revised Version. He had finished it, but nobody but Ron was satisfied after dinner. Running quickly to the owl, he took its letter and ran upstairs to read it. It read: Ron, there is a carnival in my neighborhood this month, and I would love for you to come. I am inviting you, Harry, and Ginny. I really hope you can come. If you can, you can floo to my house Wednesday at 2:15. There'll be lots of food. Love from, Hermione. Ron hadn't noticed when Ginny walked in to see him grinning like mad. Being a very curious girl she stood behind him to see what he was so happy about. " Why, don't you sleep with that next to your pillow?" Ginny asked from behind him, causing him to jump six inches in the air. " When did you get here? And that's not funny," he said, obviously unamused. " Never mind that, are you going to go?" Ginny asked him. " Maybe, maybe not," he answered, although Ginny knew he meant 'Yes! Yes! Yes!'. Oh, alright then.

On Wednesday at 2:15, two Weasleys and a Potter popped out of the Grangers' fireplace. Hermione, who had been sitting on the sofa watching Gone with the Wind for the tenth time, jumped when she saw them. "Oh! Hi! Oh my goodness, I'm so Glad you all came! I'll show you to your rooms. Ginny, you'll be sleeping in my bedroom with me, Ron and Harry, you all will be sleeping in the guest room. So you all put your stuff down, and we can get going, " Hermione told them. About two seconds later, Ginny, who Harry noticed looked especially nice with her emerald green sweater on, Ron, and Harry were all downstairs, basically drooling with anticipation.
When the two witches and the two wizards arrived at the entrance of the carnival, you could see Ginny's chocolate brown eyes light up with anticipation. When Hermione paid and they were all inside, Harry and Ginny decided to try out the bumper cars and Ron and Hermione wanted to go in the fun house. So, Harry and Ginny headed right, while Ron and Hermione headed left. When Ginny and Harry were safely seated in a bumper car, Harry asked Ginny if she thought he should bewitch the car so it would drive itself, and Ginny said," That would be the Slytherin thing to do, but go ahead." Laughing, he did and they enjoyed watching the _expression of shock on a teenage boy's face when he saw that they weren't driving but they were the most dangerous cars on the ride.
Ron and Hermione were having tons of fun in the fun house. Ron thought that it was absolutely hilarious that in one on e mirror Hermione was just as tall as he was, and in another she only came to his knees. " Hermione, this is the best fun I've had since, well since I spent the day reading A Hogwarts, A History: Revised Version," Ron admitted. " Oh, Ron did you read that just for me?" Hermione asked while they kept getting continually closer until their noses met. " Hermione do you think it would be all right if I, uh, kissed you?" He asked her, his ears turning a shade of red that Hermione found irresistible. " Oh, Ron, of course you can kiss me," Hermione answered as quick as she usually did when someone suggested that someone had apparated into Hogwarts. So he leaned in and their lips touched gently for the first time, food completely forgotten.
Meanwhile, Harry and Ginny were wandering around looking for something to do, when Harry found a bench and they both sat down. Harry was looking at his feet so Ginny being that same curious girl asked him," Harry, what's wrong?" Harry looked up surprised. " Nothing's wrong. At least not when you're here," He answered. " What?" Ginny asked, she was so surprised she could have screamed,'Yes! Yes! Yes!'. "Ginny, could I, uh, maybe, kiss you?" He asked her his cheeks turning the color of Ron's comforter. " Harry! Of course you can kiss me you silly goose!" Then, he turned his head to hers and gently kissed her, cotton candy and rollercoasters completely forgotten.


The End

Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear