Search:

SIYE Time:8:47 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Red Balloons
By cloud9

- Text Size +

Category: Summer-Fun Challenge (2004-3)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 14
Summary: ~ REVISED~There is a carnival in Hermione's town. She invites Harry, Ron and Ginny for the weekend so they can also attend. And they have more fun then they expect too.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3762







ChapterPrinter


A/N: REVISED! The ending didn't flow right!

A/N: Please review. I love to here what people think of my writing. I suck at writing summeries so just read and I hope you enjoy it.

A/N: I own nothing


Dear Ron, Harry and Ginny,

The carnival is coming into town for the weekend, and my parents always like to take me. Anyways, this year they said that I could invite you guys to join in the festivities. I know you are all at the burrow, so I already wrote to Dumbledore to see if you could come, and he said you could. Well I hope you all can come. Ginny I especially hope that you can attend, even though I know you are busy revising for O.W.L.S. Write back as soon as you can.

Love, Hermione

Hermione folded the letter up and tied it to Pig's leg, She sat and watched the jittery owl fly into the distance. She hoped that they could come. She was worried about them, especially Harry. She hasn't got many owls from him but from what Ron and Ginny have told her that since arriving at the burrow Harry liked to wallow in his misery. Hermione hoped that this could lift his spirits for the time being.

Hermione went downstairs to help her mum with dinner. By the time she was reading a little before bedtime and owl was tapping on the window. She put the heavy tome down to relieve the letter from the familiar owl. But instead of having Pig as it usually was, this time it was Hedwig.

Hermione,

Can't wait to see you. Ron and I have never been to a muggle style carnival. Harry probably hasn't either, but that is just a guess from what I have heard about his awful reletives. Harry is seeming to come out of his funk. You could actually see a old spark in his eyes when we mentioned the carnival, so we are all hoping that we soon have the old Harry back. Anyway, we will floo to your house friday afternoon, will owl you the arrival time. Can't wait to see you.

Love, Ginny.

Hermione suddenly got all excited about the carnival. Usually she was never that excited about going, but now her best friends were coming. Maybe she could ride with Ron on a ride......She quickly rushed that thought out of her head.

"Ron is just a friend, he doesn't think of me like that."

Hermione quickly fell asleep with the excitement of the arrival of her friends in her dreams.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione waited till 3:00 to roll around. It seemed like it was taking forever. *Tick Tick Tick* The clock almost seemed like it was going backwards.

Suddenly her fireplace roared with green flames and it started to emit a wooshing sound. She jumped out of the way as a pair of feet started to appear out of the magical fire. A excited squeal came from the person that made Hermione realize that it could only be one person.

"Ginny, I can't believe you are here. Oh my goodness, we are going to heve so much fun! How are your revisions going? Do you need any help? I will be glad to quiz you."

Ginny started to laugh

"Hermione this weekend is about all the fun we are going to have. No more talking about O.W.L.S or I will have to slap you!"

Hermione looked her best girlfriend in the eyes and saw the mischeveous look that only Ginny got when she was joking. Hermione looked at her Ginny and realized that she had grown a lot in the small amount of time. Ginny was now a woman, and Hermione wondered if Harry had noticed, because she knew that Ginny still held a flame even if it was a small one for her other best friend.

Before Hermione could say anything, another pair of feet appeared in the fire. This led to a really tall teen that appeared a second after his feet. Hermione was really glad to see Ron, but she just brushed those thoughts to the side and went to give him a friendly hug.

"Herimone, so this is your house, do you have any food? I get hungary when I floo."

Hermione just laughed at what Ron said.

"You are always hungary. Over there in the kitchen is some food, but don't eat a lot we are going to the carnival tonight and we'll eat there"

As Ron headed to the kitchen, Hermione's third best friend appeared in the green flames. But unlike the other two, this one ended up on the floor instead of on his feet. Hermione gave her hand to a hollow laughing Harry.

"I guess I will never get use to floo"

Hermione took one look at the person that was standing in front of her and saw that this was a shell of a boy that had to grow up really quickly. She realized that Harry was looking at her, so she gave herself a mental shake.

"Harry how are you doing? Ready to go on some rides?

Harry looked pensive for a bit and said in a quiet voice that only Hermione could here,

"You have no idea."

Hermione stared into the emerald eyes of her best friend and felt for him.

"Well I am going to get my parents and Ron and then we will be off."

She left Harry and Ginny in the parlor. They stood in akward silence until Ginny decided to break it,

"Wanna get Ron and Hermione together tonight?"

"Huh?" came the reply

"I said, do you wanna get Ron and Hermione together. Those two have been dancing around each other for 6 years. They belong together. In fact do you want to make it interesting? How about 5 sickles that they are together before dinner?"

Harry gave a tiny smile at the frankness of the youngest Weasley. He may be able to have a chance to be with her tonight. He had noticed how she had grown up over the break and could not for the life of him realize how beautiful she was.

"I guess that would be the Slytherin thing to do. Fine, I have it that they will be together after dinner."

They shook and while they were Hermione came in the room to fetch them, with Ron at her heels. All Harry and Ginny could do was dissolve in a fit of laughter when asked what they were shaking on.

The night went smoothly until the two future couples wanted to do something different. Harry and Ginny wanted to do the rides while Hermione wanted to play the games, and Ron didn't care, but then realized that he could be alone with Hermione so he faked a upset stomach to forego the rides,

Harry and Ginny went away trying to keep the laughter from coming up. They knew that they could only do one ride before they had to start their reconnaicance. They decided to go on the fun house. Ginny had fun looking at the different shapes and sizes that she could change into. Harry had a fun time watching her.

Meanwhile at the games Hermione and Ron were having a fun time shooting water into the clowns mouth to make the ballon blow up. Ron had one twice while Hermione was having a hard time getting her balloon to expand. Ron soon took Hermione under his wing holding her hands to steady the gun and fire it into the hole. Ron was thanking the lord that Hermione could not see the blush on his face due the close proximity that they were in. She eventually won a small thing, in which Ron traded in his two things and her small one to make a giant stuffed animal.

"There you go 'mione, sleep with that next to your pillow."

Ron suddenly turned bright red because he didn't realize he siad that out loud, Hermione liked her new nickname so she didn't comment, But her heart did swell at the new affectionate nickname.
She suddenly felt brave and wanted to see if she could talk him into going into the Tunnel of Luv to talk to him more privately.

"So Ron, is your stomach willing to go on my favorite ride?"

"Sure 'Mione, which one would that be?"

"Tunnel of Luv"

Ron gulped and knew that that would be the perfect place to tell Hermione how he was feeling, He knew he was going to tell her this weekend, he just didn't think it was going to be this soon.

"Sure, my stomach is willing to risk it for you."

They started to walk over to the tunnel, they didn't realize that they had followers. Harry and Ginny were hiding by the dart booth, when they saw their mission walk over to where the tunnel was. They started to laugh, when they realized the irony of what they were trying to do and the ride that there mission was going onto.

"Lets have a little fun before they board." said a evilly looking Harry.

He took out his want and was ready to cast a spell, but Ginny stopped him.

"What do you thinking you are doing Harry! You are underaged and this is a muggle place!"

"Oh, didn't anyone tell you? For my heroics at the Ministry...blah blah blah....in fact you are included too, we have been exempt from the restriction."

Ginny was about to get mad that no one had told her, but then realized that that was futile because she did remember someone telling her something about it, It was vague because all she remembered that she was starring at Harry.

Ginny seemed to lost in dream world, so Harry hid his wand in his sleeve and casted a charm upon her and him. He changed them to look like they were a couple of carnies selling a bundle of heart shaped red ballons, each one had a rose suspended in them.

As soon as Ginny was shaken from her daze they started out over towerd the lovers. Ginny tried to control her giggles as they approached Ron and Hermione. Harry looked at them, and tried not to laugh while he tried to sell them a ballon.

"Hey Mister, do ya wanna buy a beeeutiful ballon for ya lovely lady right here? Whattya say, it has a beeeeutiful rose in it, for a beeeutiful lady"

Ron's ears started to turn red as Hermione broke out into nervous giggles.

"Su...Su...Sure I will buy one. How much?"

"Umm....5 si...I mean 2 pounds"

Harry had almost said wizard money and to save him Ginny had elbowed him.

Ron paid Harry, and he and Hermione started to head back to the tunnel. They moved a couple of steps and Ron turned around and ran back to Harry. He handed him two more pounds and wispered in his ear

"Here is two more pounds, why don't you buy some for my sister too. Oh, and before you wonder how I knew it was you and that you fancied my sister, let me tell you that a brother always knows"

Harry looked at Ron questioningly on how Ron knew it was him in disguise. He pulled Ron in close so Ginny couldn't here what he was saying.

"How did you know it was me?"

"Well there were two possibilities on me knowing it was you. One, I have been your best mate for almost 6 years, so seeing the glint in your eyes was a welcome. And secondly, you might want to make sure that next time you want to disguise your self, you might want to cover your scar!"

Ron gave Harry a smirk and ran back to Hermione. Harry turned himse and Ginny back to their normal selves,

The two teenagers stood next to each other very akwardly, and as if stepping on eggshells they begain to talk again.

"So........"

Harry did not know what to say. He was sure that Ginny had known what Ron had said, because she didn't bother questioning it. He knew that he wanted to tell her, but he didn't know how.

Harry seemed to have a battle going on in his head that made him look kind of funny. Ginny let out a girlish giggle. Their eyes met. All of a sudden a kind of lightning bolt went through them and they just stood there grinning at each other.

Harry grabbed his wand and with a flick another red balloon appeared. But unlike the rest this one had a dozen red roses in it, not just one. He gave it to Ginny.

"I have liked you for a long time, although I was too scared to tell you. Will you be my girlfriend."

Ginny took the gift and with tears in her eyes gave Harry the response he was looking for.

"Oh, Harry, nothing would make me happier."

Harry let out a brilliant smile, one that has not been on his face in a long time. He offered her his hand. Together they followed the path of the other couple to the Tunnel of Luv.

By the time they got out of the tunnel there were two couples of teenagers that were kissing passionatly. Mr. and Mrs. Granger were standing in line when they witnessed the two couples kissing, When the first couple finally broke up, and looked around sheepishly.

Ron was the first one to notice the second couple.
He knew that they were going to get together, but not that fast!

Hermione was happy that Harry had finally found something that would relieve some of the stress. And make him truly happy. She just gave Ron a knowing glance and started to walk over to her parents, but dissolved into a fit of giggles when she heard behind her.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING WITH MY SISTER!!"

Years later in two seperate houses there are two red heart shaped ballons still afloat to remind the couples of the fun time they had at the carnival.

Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear