Search:

SIYE Time:15:45 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Aint Gonna Cry
By ginnyellen

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Tragedy
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 15
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2004 ***

Ginny's 6th year, she's having one hell of a trouble with her brother and a strange and non-defined relationship with Harry
Hitcount: Story Total: 2808







ChapterPrinter


Dis: Once again…I do not own H.P… wonderful Rowling does
I hope you enjoy this fanfic as much as I did writing it!

Special thanks to : My wonderful Beta-Reader : Shannon Hayes

Chapter 1
“My worst enemy”
She heard distant voices downstairs. She identified them as a discussion between her twin brothers, Fred and George, and her mother, Molly Weasley.

She slightly rubbed her eyes and opened them very slowly. The blurry vision of her bedroom appeared in front of her. She yawned while sitting down; she placed her shoes on and stood up.
Her eyes scanned herself through the full-view mirror that was hanging by her wall. She had surely grown up since her 5th year. Though her face was still the same, her bright red hair was considerably longer and she was several centimeters taller.

She smiled at her reflection before stepping outside her bedroom. She yawned one more time and made her way down to the kitchen.
“But Mum! The joke shop has never been better!”

She heard George yell as she entered the kitchen.
Her mother rolled her eyes desperately while answering

“George, I was just saying that you both need to get another job… apart from the joke shop!”
Fred, who had finally, came to notice her presence, leaned forward to her position.

“T.D.” He whispered to her ear as he smiled, bored.
Ginny raised her eyebrows at this and chuckled softly. She sat down on the empty table and blinked her eyes at least thrice.

“Still asleep?” Her brother asked. She nodded vaguely in response as Fred sat down in front of her.

“Listen, Mum, we don’t need to study to have a successful business!” George yelled, even more loudly.

Fred and Ginny exchanged looks and Fred rolled his eyes back to the fight, while Ginny had to hold on tight to stop herself from laughing.
Mrs. Weasley gave an exasperated sigh. The piece of cloth she was holding in her fisted hand made a heavy thud on the floor.

This time Fred could not hold on any longer, and burst out laughing.

Mrs. Weasley’s eyes, which had been piercing furiously into George’s, turned to Fred.

“Just don’t come crying and begging for money the day your shop goes into nothing can’t apply for any job” she shouted at the top of her lungs.
Fred gave her puppy eyes and smiled.

“You don’t have to worry about me, woman…” he started, trying his best to stop laughing. “It won’t be me who’s going to beg… I’ll make Fred do it!” He said coolly.

Ginny snorted, and it was a mistake. She immediately bit her lower lip by noticing the expression on her mother’s face.
“AND YOU, YOUNG LAD–”


She couldn’t finish her sentence; she had been interrupted by the loud creaking noise of the old door.
“Just wait until you see it, Harry! It’s brilliant,” Ron said excitedly as he and Harry entered the kitchen.

Ron was holding Hedwig’s cage and Harry was pulling his trunk. They were apparently oblivious of anyone’s presence. It wasn’t long before Mrs. Weasley’s arms were around Harry.

“So glad to have you back, Harry dear!” She squealed, holding him too tightly. Harry wanted to thank her, but at the moment he was too busy fighting for air.

“Mum… I’m hungry!” Ron interjected when, after a couple of seconds, Molly was still exclaiming welcoming words towards the new, yet old, guest.
She finally let go of him, while Harry instantly glanced thankfully towards Ron.

“Take a seat, Harry!” Mrs. Weasley continued.
“Thanks, Mrs. Weasley,” Harry said in reply as he and Ron sat down, Ron besides Ginny and Harry besides Fred.

“Hey there, Harry,” Fred greeted

“Hello Fred, Ginny,” he replied, gesturing politely.

“Can you believe it?” Ron said

“What?” Harry asked, raising his left eyebrow.

“It’s your last year at Hogwarts, mate!” George said, joining them at the table.

“Oh…”Harry nodded. “Well, let’s just hope everything goes all right.”

No one in the room really understood what Harry meant, but he didn’t place much import on his words, so they didn’t either.
They all proceeded to eat the waffles Mrs. Weasley had manually cooked for them.

Harry was finally stuffing himself after having several weeks of highly rationed food back with the Dursleys.

Ginny momentarily eyed him. He had grown up too--he was several inches taller; he was much more muscular now…probably due to Quidditch training; his hair, on the other hand, was still as messy as always. Just then, his bright, stunning green eyes that could easily melt her every time she gazed into them turned around and faced her.
Harry stared at each of them. Everyone was present, except for Mr. Weasley--he was probably at work still--but there was someone still missing.

“Where’s Hermione?” Harry suddenly asked, frowning. They were all used to Hermione visiting over the summer as well.

Ron looked up from his plate to Harry.

“Oichild mi uldntkeit tiut sheik aftrun,” he mumbled.

“I’m sorry?! We did not heard quite accurately … maybe because you still have a cow inside your mouth!” Ginny spoke, sticking her tongue out at him.

Ron glared angrily at her direction. He chewed quickly and swallowed.

“I’m sorry, Miss Perfect. She told me she couldn’t make it on time, but she will be arriving in the afternoon,” he said, inserting another piece of waffle into his mouth.

“Fred, George, how’s the business going?” Harry asked.

“Great!” Fred answered.

“Couldn’t be better!” George followed instantly.

“It’s been full of work over the last weeks.”

“Yes, we still have to finish our new project.”

“What is it?” Harry asked.

“It’s a kind of chocolate that makes the person appear to have fainted for several hours. Perfect if you want to skip some classes!” George explained.

“They’re wicked, you’ve just got to owl us if you want some, Harry,” they suggested.

“Which he won’t be needing!” Mrs. Weasley half-shouted.

“OUCH!” Fred said when his mother hit him on the shoulder. “No need for violence, woman!”
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

T here was an insistent rapping on Ron’s bedroom door.

“What?” Ron shouted from inside his room. But Ginny knocked again, this time harder.

“Come in,” Harry exclaimed.

The door cracked open and Ginny stepped inside.

“Thanks, HARRY!” She spoke; gazing darkly towards her brother.

Harry and Ron were seated on Ron’s bed, and they had several Quidditch posters straightened down against the wall.

“Harry brought them,” Ron said dryly, answering Ginny’s unspoken question.

“What are you doing here? Can’t you just go play dolls, or something?” He continued.

“For your information, brother, ONE, I’m quite too old for dolls, two, I’m bored,” Ginny said innocently, giving her brother an angelic smile.
“Then go bother the twins!” Ron yelled sharply.

“I ALREADY DID!” She shouted back dramatically, as if it was obvious. She walked closer, staring at the really roomy and inviting chair next to the bed, and sat down.

“What is that?” She asked, staring at what seemed a dark blue box that rested on Harry’s lap.

“Nothing of importance,” Harry answered. Ginny raised her eyebrow questioningly and proceeded to scan the room. It was a mess. As always, this room in particular was the most unorganized of the house, if not the country.

Both Harry and Ron cautiously watched Ginny’s every movement.

She stood up and touched a drawer; with her left index finger, she softly caressed the table.

“You should really clean this place,” she said in disgust.

“What’re you doing here, anyway?” Ron asked, exasperated.

Ginny rolled her eyes angrily back at him.

“What’s YOUR point in being so annoying and deceitful?” She asked in return.

“That’s it!” He muttered under his breath.

In less than a second, he stood up from the bed, grabbed Ginny’s arm forcefully, and started to throw her out.

“HEY! LEAVE ME ALONE! YOU’RE HURTING ME!” Ginny said, moving around as she tried to release herself from his arms, but Ron’s force was stronger.

“Oh, really? Next time, try to save it for someone who cares!” Ron shouted, his head almost ready to explode.

They reached the door and Ron pushed her out with no compassion. She tripped and was about to crash down onto the ground, but she managed to place her hands out in front of her, preventing any possibly messy contact between her and the floor.
She quickly straightened herself, turning her head back to Ron, who at the moment was resting his hand at the inner doorknob and looking, almost in a laughing manner, towards his sister.

Ginny sighed furiously. Now he’d done it. The last drop from the water glass had finally reached the table. She started walking back to the room.

“YOU EVER DO TH--”

Ron closed the door roughly on her face, and then proceeded to go into hysterics.

“Mate, you’ve gone too far,” Harry said, trying his best to stay serious, and cautiously preventing himself to burst out laughing.

“Ronald you stupid git, open the door!” Ginny yelled. She knocked twice and shouted forcefully, “Now!”

Ron stopped laughing for a moment and became rather thoughtful.

She knocked again.

He gave no response.

She knocked once more, even louder.
Ron smiled maliciously and twisted the doorknob off. Ginny pushed with all of her might; she grunted and screamed, but just managed to slide the door open a few inches.

After trying for a hundredth time, she gave up and took a step back.

On the other side, Ron mouthed to Harry the words, “Watch this!”

He opened the door completely and smiled towards Ginny.

“Yes?” He asked politely.

“Listen, you EVER DO THAT AG--”

“Which part? Push you out of my room, or close the door right on your nose?” He asked. He tried to sound serious, but his insides were killing him. Just by noticing the annoyance on Ginny’s face made him feel like bursting out laughing.

“BO–”

Once again, Ron snapped the door, but the difference from this time and first was that this one literally hit her on the nose. She fell backwards from the pain and raised her hand to caress the damaged area. It felt like hell! She gasped when she noticed blood freely dripping from her hand.

She closed it in a fist and looked at her blood amazedly and furiously at the same time--she was truly determined to make him pay.

“That’ll keep her from bothering us!” Ron said in satisfaction as he rubbed his hands against each other as if ridding them of some pestilence.

“So,” he sighed, returning to the bed. “Shall we continue?”

Harry stared at him, his eyebrows sharply raised.

“What?” Ron asked.

“We can’t continue, mate,” Harry started, looking down to the floor. “You broke it.”

Ron followed Harry’s eyes down to the ground, just to discover six separated pieces of blue wood and a bunch of black and white shapes, all broken down in several pieces.

Harry raised his gaze to Ron and had to work hard to keep from laughing. Ron’s face was bright red, nearly reaching his hair colour. Harry knew that Ron was mentally cursing. Both of his hands were in fists, and his eyes seemed to be forcefully crushing the pieces.

“I’m going to make her pay,” he muttered furiously.


Half an hour later...


“Downstairs, everyone!” Mrs. Weasley screamed “Hermione has arrived!”

“Thank you, Mrs. Weasley,” Hermione said.

Instantly, both of them heard feet bumping down the stairs, followed by the appearance of Ginny. Ginny smiled wickedly and welcomed her friend.

“Hermione!” She half-shouted while hugging her “Finally, you’re here! You have absolutely no idea how boring this place has become.”

“Not any more, I guess… HARRY! RON!”

Hermione shouted excitedly, letting go of Ginny. They had just entered the kitchen, smiling, with greetings for her.

“Welcome back!” They said as they each gave her a friendly hug.

“Come on up, Hermione, I’ll help you with the trunk,” Harry offered, already carrying her bag.

“Okay. Sure, thanks!” She said excitedly. The four of them left the kitchen and followed Ron to Hermione’s room.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“G inny, wake up. Ginny? Your house is on fire!” Hermione screamed.

“What?” Ginny screamed, still a bit asleep. She sat up and looked in every corner of her room until her eyes rested on Hermione.

“Where?” She demanded.

Hermione chuckled loudly before replying.

“Nowhere, Gins. I just wanted to wake you up. Girl, you sure do sleep a lot!”
Ginny yawned slowly.

“Thanks, Hermione. That was the best way to wake someone up–why so early, anyways?” Ginny asked, rubbing her eyes with fingers.

“Early? For Merlin’s sake, Ginny. It’s 12:30, you sleepyhead!” Hermione accused desperately, grabbing Ginny’s chin and directing it to the window.

Ginny had to close her eyes for a second. She placed a hand in front of her eyes, slowly opening them again.

The sun seemed to have chosen to rest upon Ginny’s window. Its rays were giving full light to the room.

Ginny sighed.

“Prepare yourself for another day,” she thought hopelessly.

She pushed the covers aside and stood up. She went barefoot towards the bathroom and closed the door right behind her back.

“I’ll be down in a couple of minutes, I just have to freshen myself up!” She exclaimed to Hermione.

“Okay, no problem. I’ll be outside playing Quidditch. Ron begged me to play with him and the others, so I’ll see you later,” Hermione answered, already making her way out of Ginny’s bedroom.

10 minutes later…

Ginny got out of the shower and got dressed. She’d chosen to wear a low pair of jeans, a somewhat loose black t-shirt, and black tennis shoes. It wasn’t revealing or anything, but at the moment, she didn’t care because she felt comfortable.

She quickly walked down the staircase and into the kitchen. She was pretty excited; this you could easily tell. She was--Oh no, wait, she had forgotten! Ron had just broken her broom.

She went outside, looking at the sky and admiring their game in complete silence.

“Hey Ron, why doesn’t Ginny come up?” Hermione said, concerned, looking down at the girl.

Ron stopped dryly besides her. He also looked down. He smiled darkly and flied a little lower, probably making sure Ginny would hear.

“Oi, Ginny! Why don’t you come up, huh?” He asked, rather defiantly.


Ginny shot him a killer look.


Ron’s expression then turned questioning.


“Are you afraid you will make a fool of yourself again in front of Harry, by falling, once again, from your broom?” By the time he had shouted this, Fred, George, and Harry had also stopped flying, and were very carefully listening to the exchange.

“Oh! Oh. I’m sorry, sister. Guess I forgot. YOU DON’T HAVE ONE!” He yelled loudly.

“NO, I DON’T, BECAUSE YOU BROKE IT!” She screamed back, feeling anger take over.

How could he do that? And in front of Harry? He was going too far.

Ron laughed at her answer and flew closer to her.

She sighed. Whatever he did, she had to stay calm. If not, what would he think of her, exploding two times in one single day? No, she couldn’t think that. It would only make things worse.

“Is that so?” Ron asked, almost reaching a childish tone. “Or are you twisting the truth so Harry won’t discover the full of it? Because from what I remember, it was YOU who accidentally lost control and broke it!” He shouted.

“Ron! You know the truth of it, so do--”

“Oh, I know the truth of it. We ALL know the truth of it! Even Harry knows you still worship him! So why do you even try, sister?”

“I’m not going to listen to any more of this! I’m fed up with it! Why do you have to do this? Why must you embarrass me in front of my friends?” She implored, looking at Harry and Hermione on the word “friends”.

Ron raised an eyebrow. He landed on the grass, then walked to where she was standing. He stared in such a way that it seemed he was sorry for her.

He stopped when he was just about 5 centimeters away from her; his face was serious now.


“See, that’s where you’re wrong,” he said, almost whispering. “They’re not your friends, see? How can I explain…? They are only being polite to you because you’re my little sister,” he finished, crossing his arms as a sign of victory.

Ginny stared at him, unblinking. She was not going to fight… not any more. Her eyes began to water. A second later, tears were running down her pale cheeks, one behind the other. She didn’t bother to wipe them away.

“I… I…” she muttered, unable to construct a complete sentence. She nodded sadly, and ran back inside the house.


***___End Of Chapter 1____***

Please review!

Oh… “t.d.” meant “Traditional Discussion”

Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear