Search:

SIYE Time:11:42 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Home
By SunDevil05

- Text Size +

Category: End-of-Term Challenge (2004-2)
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 30
Summary: Harry reflects back on his last train ride home.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6723







ChapterPrinter


A/N: I hope you all enjoy this little fic. Please read and review!



Home


Harry Potter had been many things in his life. He was an unwelcome nephew to his aunt and uncle. At school Harry was a student, the youngest Seeker in a century, and Quidditch captain. He was The Boy Who Lived and The Boy Who Defeated You Know Who. He was the savior of the wizarding world. He was a friend, a son, and a husband. Now, he had something else to add to that list.

He was the proud father of little Annabelle Nicole Potter, his seven hour old daughter.

Harry stared down at the tiny bundle in his arms, hardly believing that she was there. His smile he had on when he first heard her cry was still present on his face. He had waited for months for her to come, and now here she was.

Harry had been ecstatic when Ginny first told him she was pregnant after four years of marriage. He had grinned, let out a huge whoop, twirled her in the air and told her how much he loved her. And then he cried, happy that he was finally having his own family.

For nine months Harry had stayed by Ginny’s side, caring for her and making sure her and the baby were comfortable. He endured her late-night cravings, emotional outbursts, and gave her back rubs and foot massages whenever she needed them. When Ginny had woken him up at three that morning saying she was in labor, Harry had panicked a bit and tried to remain clam. He had went through the next fourteen hours next to Ginny, enduring the pain in his hand as she held onto it and taking her sudden hatred and insults while listening to her scream and shout throughout it all. It was all worth it in the end when he heard the first cry and the midwife proclaim it was a girl. He couldn’t help the tears that came when the midwife handed their daughter to Ginny and he stared down at the tiny baby with red fuzz on her head and bright brown eyes.

Harry continued to sit and hold their daughter as she slumbered peacefully in his arms. He bent down and placed a soft kiss on her tiny forehead, taking in the sweet baby scent and loving the softness of her skin.

He glanced up and watched Ginny sleep in their bed. She was exhausted, which Harry expected her to be, especially after fourteen hours of labor. She wore a soft smile on her face, the same she wore when she held Annabelle for the first time.

He wondered how he ever deserved a girl like her. How was he so lucky to get her and why in the world did she stay with him? How did he get her in the first place?

He smiled when he remembered how they became a couple.

Train rides.

It all started on the train ride back to Hogwarts for Harry’s sixth year. Weeks before, just after he arrived at the Weasleys, Harry had begun having feelings for Ginny. He didn’t know what to do about it and all he did know is that he wanted to be with her. They were alone in the compartment while Ron and Hermione were making their rounds and had been talking about some of the funnier moments of the summer. Ginny had mentioned when Ron and Hermione had been caught by Mrs. Weasley inside Mr. Weasley's shed and they both exploded in laughter. It was then that their eyes locked and Harry leaned over and kissed her. From that moment, they were a couple. On the train ride home that following year Harry had admitted he loved her, followed by an intense snogging session. The next train ride back to school for Harry’s seventh year was filled with kisses and comfortable silence. But the most memorable was his last train ride home.


* * * * * *



“What are you doing?”

The couple broke apart and glared at the opened compartment door. Ron was glaring at the pair of them, his arms crossed.

“Ron, will you ever get a clue? I was kissing my boyfriend,” Ginny replied and snuggled closer to Harry.


“Looked like you were doing more than that,” Ron muttered, and marched into the compartment with Hermione in tow. In a way, he was right. The moment that the two of them had left, Harry and Ginny had basically launched themselves at each other, knowing that they wouldn’t have much of a chance to be alone over the summer holidays. Harry had been lying on top of Ginny as he snogged her senseless and his hands weren’t exactly in proper places, not that Ginny had minded. Ginny had had enough sense to convince him to sit up before Ron and Hermione had returned from their prefect duties and they resumed snogging each other senseless.

“So what if we were,” Harry said, pulling Ginny into his lap and grinning wickedly at her. She giggled and kissed him.

Ron was looking aghast. “Bloody hell, Potter!”

“Oh honestly, Ron!” Hermione hit his arm and rolled her eyes. “He isn’t being serious you know.”

“Oh.”

Ginny rolled her eyes and put her head on Harry’s shoulder, happy to have his arms around her.

The train rolled on, further and further away from Hogwarts. For three of the four occupants in the compartment, they would never return. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had finished their time at Hogwarts. While Ginny would be returning that September, the other three would be starting jobs.

Harry sighed and Ginny looked at him questioningly. He smiled and picked up her left hand, gliding a finger across the newly acquired silver ring. She blushed slightly and returned her head to his shoulder.

Harry smiled softly. He couldn’t believe he had actually had the nerve to propose to Ginny. He had bought the ring on the last Hogsmeade visit in secret and had planned to ask Ginny the same day but his nerves had gotten the best of him. He didn’t know what had come over him during their snogging session. He remembered gazing into her eyes and whispered, “Marry me.” Ginny’s eyes had gone wide and she had whispered a breathless yes. Moments after he slipped the ring onto her finger, they were lost in kisses.

Six months earlier, Harry could not have seen this in his future. His mind was too occupied with the war and Voldemort. At the time he had almost completely ignored Ginny except for the occasional desperate kiss. He was sure that Ginny was going to leave him then for the way he was acting. But she stayed with him, refusing to let go and promising to always be there. No matter how much he yelled and shouted, no matter how many times he lost his control over something that had happened in the war, Ginny was there, calm, and not phased by him. And then the Final Battle came, and Ginny was still by his side, fighting with all her might and refusing to leave Harry. He remembered casting the Killing Curse on Voldemort and watching his enemy fall. He was so drained from using so much of his magic in such a short period of time that he collapsed. The last thing he saw before he fainted was Ginny kneeling over him; face full of love and concern and everything had gone black. He woke up a few weeks later in the Hospital Wing. Ginny was sitting in a chair next to his bed, and when she saw he was awake, she launched herself at him and cried.

Things were getting back to normal in the wizarding world. Most of the prominent Death Eaters had been caught and heavily guarded in Azkaban. Harry could finally have a normal life now that the war was pretty much over.

The compartment door opened and a shy first year from Gryffindor entered.

“Um, excuse me but there’s trouble in my cart. Someone accidentally turned some of my friends into frogs and they’re jumping all over the place,” she said, looking at Ron and Hermione. Ron groaned and Hermione dragged him out of the compartment.

Ginny glanced at Harry the moment the door closed, an impish smile on her face. She maneuvered herself around so that she had her legs around him and her arms were around his neck. Harry raised his eyebrows at her and she simply smiled at him. She removed one arm and began to undo the buttons on his robes.

Harry gulped.

"Ginny, what are you doing?" he asked, resisting the urge to grasp her waist and roll her onto the bench. Ginny smiled sweetly at him and leaned close.

"Fancy a quick shag in celebration?" she whispered.

Harry groaned as she pushed herself closer to him. He tried to keep his feelings under control. They had been intimate for a few months now and while Harry had to admit he wanted to do other things to her ten minutes ago, the thought of Ron catching them in the act quickly pushed that out of his mind.

"Your brother could be back at any moment," Harry tried to convince her. Ginny pouted.

"You weren't too concerned with that about ten minutes ago," she said, climbing out of his lap. She sat further down the bench, away from him, arms crossed.

"That's because I wasn't thinking of shagging you then. I just wanted to kiss you," Harry tried to explain. She turned her back to him and Harry sighed. Obviously he had said something wrong to her and now he had to make it up. He moved over to sit next to her and leaned close to her ear. "Love, I'm staying at the Burrow with you this summer and I get my own room. We can have our own little celebration later on tonight."

Ginny slowly turned to him and smiled. She kissed him. "Is that a promise?"

Harry nodded, wrapped his arms around her, and they resumed their previous snogging session.

Neither one noticed when the door opened again.

"Hey, dipstick!"

They disentangled from each other and saw that Ron was back with Hermione.

"Can't you two lay off the kissing?" Ron said, rolling his eyes at them.

"Can't you?" Ginny retorted. Ron's face turned red as well as Hermione's. She smiled, satisfied with embarrassing her brother and slipped her hand into Harry's.

The door opened yet again and Neville stuck his head in. He looked around and sighed.

“Have any of you seen Luna?” he asked. They all shook their heads and he sighed. “Will I ever have a normal girlfriend?”

“What’s going on?” Ginny asked.

“She was going on about recruiting people to go and find that Crumple-Horned Snorkack thing or whatever this summer. And she wants me to go with her! I was about to tell her I wasn't sure when she took off and I haven’t been able to find her. Why am I even with her? She’s so . . . so . . . loony sometimes,” he said.

“I’m sure you’re with her for a reason,” Ginny said. “There must be something you like about her.”

Neville sighed and smiled.

“There’s something special about her,” Neville said.

Hermione snorted and Ginny had to kick her shin to keep her silent. She never really did get along with Luna even after the Department of Mysteries fiasco.

“I mean she’s always got this dreamy look and saying the strangest things. But she’s sweet and wonderful and even despite her strangeness, she’s perfect to me. I . . . I think I love her,” he admitted.

“Have you told her that?” Ron asked. Neville shook his head.

“Tell her how you feel you daft prat!” Ginny suddenly stood up and went over to Neville. “Go find her and tell her that! And if you really do love her, go on that trip with her!”

Neville stared at her for a moment and nodded firmly. He muttered a quick goodbye and left. Ginny, looking quite proud, turned on her heel and started back towards her seat.

“Wait a minute!”

Hermione grabbed Ginny’s arm and yanked her towards her. “What’s that?”

She held up her hand and Harry knew she spotted the engagement ring. Harry had sort of neglected to tell Ron or Hermione he was planning on proposing.

Hermione’s eyes widened and she looked at Ginny.

“Is that,” she began and Ginny nodded. Hermione squealed in delight and jumped up. The two girls jumped up and down, laughing in delight. She glanced at Harry and shot towards him. She threw her arms around him and hugged him. Harry awkwardly hugged her back. Hermione pulled away, beaming at him and looked back at Ginny. She grabbed her hand and stared at the ring.

Ron, however, was very confused by the whole thing and was looking between the three of them as if they had just grown extra arms.

“Oh it’s gorgeous! Harry, you did well!” Hermione beamed. Harry blushed slightly at this. Hermione sighed happily and sat back in her seat. “This is just wonderful. Congratulations, you two.”

“Thanks,” they said together and Ginny sat next to Harry again. Ron was frowning at them.

“Congratulations? On what?” he asked. Harry and Ginny looked at each other. Harry felt his heart hammering in his chest. While Ron did approve of them dating, he wasn’t quite sure what his stance was on him marrying Ginny.

Ginny held out her left hand.

“We’re engaged Ron,” she said. Ron’s mouth dropped opened as he stared at the ring on her finger. He mouthed wordlessly for a few moments and Ginny continued, “Harry proposed today and I accepted. Ron, you know we’re in love and that we want to be together and we won’t be getting married until after I finish school.”

Ron stood up and walked towards Harry. Ginny was glaring at him and Harry expected his fist to connect with his mouth.

But it didn’t.

Ron had seized his hand and shook it, grinning widely at him.

“Congratulations, mate!” he beamed. Harry grinned back.

“Thanks,” Harry said. Ron hugged Ginny and went back to his seat. He put his arm around Hermione’s shoulders and looked at Harry.

“So, got a Best Man yet?” Ron asked. Harry grinned.

“I’m looking at him,” Harry replied and Ron’s smile broadened.

“Great! This is going to be the best buck’s party ever!”

Hermione smacked the back of his head. “Ron!” she hissed.

Ginny giggled. “Don’t worry Hermione. As the Maid of Honor, I’m sure the hen party you plan will be much better.”

Hermione smiled and Harry gave Ginny an amused look.

“What kind of party are you planning on having?” he asked. She grinned.

“Don’t worry, our little party on the wedding night is what I’m really looking forward to,” she said and flashed him a suggestive smile.

Harry suddenly wished it was midnight and he was at the Burrow already.

“Ugh! Ginny! Don’t put that thought in my mind,” Ron said, looking very disgusted.

“I rather like that thought in my mind,” Harry muttered under his breath, hoping no one heard him. Ginny apparently did for she had slid her hand onto his thigh.

The rest of the ride consisted of Hermione asking Ginny a million questions about the wedding and Ginny continually telling her that they wouldn’t be getting married for over a year. The discussions continued as the train came to a halt and the four of them were getting off the train.

“Will you wear a Muggle gown? We could go visit some bridal shops and get you a really pretty one,” Hermione continued firing her questions and suggestions.

Ginny stopped walking and looked at her.

“Hermione, for the hundredth time, Harry and I aren’t getting married until after I’m done with Hogwarts. Besides, we only just got engaged today!” Ginny said, exasperated.

“YOU WHAT?!”

Harry an Ginny slowly turned around and were face to face with the rest of the Weasley family. Each of them was staring at them in slight shock and Harry could hear Ron sniggering quietly behind them.

“Er, hi,” Ginny greeted them brightly. “Bit of news to tell you all.”

She linked her arm with Harry’s and showed off her ring.

“Harry proposed. We’re engaged!” she said excitedly and Harry managed a weak smile. While he was happy that Ginny was his fiancé, he didn’t like the fact that all her brothers were staring at him. All who were much taller than him and had fiery tempers that matched their hair.

Once again, Harry found his hand being wrung and pulled into hugs.

“Oh this is wonderful! My baby girl is getting married!” Mrs. Weasley said delightedly and hugged Harry for the sixth time. She smiled fondly at him and sighed. “Come on you lot, this causes for a celebration!”

They gathered their belongings and headed towards the portal. Before Harry went through with Ginny he looked back at the scarlet engine.

An era had come to an end. He sighed. That train had led him through a journey full of adventures. It was his home for the past seven years and he didn’t think he’d ever feel at home again

He felt Ginny tugging on his arm.

“Come on,” she said. With a final look at the train he went through the portal with her.

Mrs. Weasley had made a feast that could feed an army. The conversation was on what Harry and Ron were going to do now that school was out. However, most of the talk was on Harry and Ginny’s engagement which forced the couple to finally pick a date. Once they had done that Ginny suddenly realized how little time they actually had with her being in school and began to become serious about making plans. She had sat Harry down after dinner and forced him to make some decisions right then and there. Much later on that night, Ginny snuck into Harry’s room and they had their own celebration.

Ginny cuddled up to Harry. She sighed and kissed his shoulder.

“Mm, I like celebrating with you,” she said. Harry grinned and held her closer.

“Me too,” he replied and she smiled.

“Just think, once we’re married we can do this anytime, anywhere,” she said. Harry looked down at her.

“Can we move the wedding up to tomorrow then?” he asked. Ginny giggled and playfully swatted him.

“No, we agreed on August of next year and it’s going to stay that way,” Ginny said firmly. She grinned wickedly. “But that doesn’t mean we can’t do it still.”

“Well, I’m fine with that,” he said and kissed her.

She snuggled up closer to him and silence fell around them. He listened as Ginny began to talk about their future. She talked about where they would live and how many children they would have (four, two boys, two girls, and without red hair). As he watched her talk he felt at ease with her and realized that this was a start of new era. Ginny was his home and she always would be.


* * * * * *



Harry sighed softly as he remembered that last train ride.

But his thoughts were broken when a sudden wail came from Annabelle. Harry stared down at her as she squirmed around, crying loudly in his arms.

“Sh, it’s okay. Don’t cry. Daddy's got you,” he gently jiggled her in his arms.

“Harry?” Ginny’s sleepy voice came.

“Go back to sleep. I got her,” Harry said, his efforts at calming Annabelle down hopeless.

“Bring her here. She’s probably hungry,” Ginny said. Harry carefully stood up and slowly walked to the bed. Ginny sat up in bed, wincing slightly and pulled down the strap of her night dress. She took the baby and began to nurse her. Harry was amazed at how quickly Annabelle stopped crying and immediately latched onto Ginny.

"See, she wanted her Mummy, didn't you sweetheart," Ginny cooed at the newborn.

Harry sat on the bed and watched them. He smiled as Annabelle opened her eyes and stared up at her mother.

“She has your eyes,” he said for the millionth time that day. Ginny smiled.

“And unfortunately my hair,” she sighed. "Poor thing. Already cursed and only eight hours old."

“Well, I happen to like red hair,” Harry said and kissed the top of Ginny's head.

“She’s perfect,” she whispered, staring down at their daughter.

“She is,” Harry agreed and smiled. “Everything is perfect.”

He sighed happily and continued to watch them. Ginny turned to look at him.

“What are you thinking about?” she asked. Harry leaned over and kissed her.

“Train rides,” he simply replied. Ginny smiled and turned back towards Annabelle.

A few moments later, Harry put a sleeping Annabelle in her bassinet and slipped into bed next to Ginny. As he drifted to sleep a final thought crossed his mind.

He was home.
Reviews 30
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear