Search:

SIYE Time:14:37 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Innocent Eyes
By Spidey

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Ron Weasley
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 5
Summary: Ginny is taken into the chamber and believing she has nothing to live for, she thinks of her family. What she realizes surprises her and gives her reason to keep fighting Tom Riddle.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4142







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I don’t own any part of Harry Potter and I don’t own Innocent Eyes. Delta Goodrem owns it

A/N: this is my SECOND H/G fanfic (it’s not as cheesy) so I hope you like it. And the song is called “Innocent Eyes” by Delta Goodrem; she’s a great aussie singer/actress so check her out.
*************************************** *************


“POOR GINNY, HARRY DOESN’T LOVE YOU”

These words haunted me since I came out of the chamber.
At first Tom Riddle was my friend, talking to me when I had nowhere else to go and no one to turn to, or when I felt isolated from the world I could always turn to him for support.
He always wanted to know how I felt about Harry and what Harry did.
He always wanted me to do things for him, he told me if I did it that Harry would love me, but when I saw what he wanted me to do, I knew that no one could love me, not even myself.

That’s when he turned cold.

He told me I was stupid, useless and pathetic, that I was after a guy who didn’t care about me, that I was just someone’s annoying little sister, all I wanted was attention and that no one cared about me.
I got rid of the diary that night, only to find it sitting in the common room the next morning.
Scared of what he might have told people about me I took it.
I didn’t realize how much power it had over me until that night.
I was waiting for Ron to come when Tom told me he was sorry for everything he said to me, 50 years in a diary didn’t do much for his sanity, always wanting someone to talk to, he told me he overlooked how much of a good friend I was, I pitied him.
That’s when it started.
When I woke up I couldn’t remember where I was all I knew was I wasn’t in the warm atmosphere of the Gryffindor common room, instead, I was lying on a cold, hard and damp stone floor, I looked around the dank and dark place, I didn’t remember how I got here, then I saw Tom.

“GULLIBLE GINNY WEASLEY, ALL SHE WANTS IS FAMOUS HARRY POTTER TO LOVE HER”

I knew then what he had done then, he used me, I collapsed on the ground to the sound of his laughter, weakness running through my body, silent tears coursed down my cheeks, Tom kept reminding me how pathetically gullible I was, how stupidly predictable I was, I thought I had a friend, but friends are hard to find.
I realized how empty and pathetic my life had become, it had all been centered around Harry, the only one who doesn’t see me, someone who can look into the very murky depths of my soul, yet, still not see me, I knew I was going to die, I knew Harry wasn’t going to save me, no one could, not now, so I thought of my family the only thing that could save me.

~*~
Do you remember when you where 7?
And the only thing that you wanted to do
Was show your mum that you could play the piano
Ten years have passed
And the one thing that lasts
Is that same old song that we played along and made my mumma cry
~*~

I was pulled into the trap so easily by a mere memory of someone who killed Harry’s parents, what would Harry think of me? What would my family think of me?
I remember when I was a kid Ron and I had the closest relationship anyone could ask for, we had so much fun together, I remember we always used to sneak cookies from mum before dinner and run to our secret hiding spot and eat them there.
We used to take Percy’s homework and hide it from him, and while he’d be pulling his hair out we’d be rolling around on the floor clutching our sides wishing he’d just look under his chair to stop us laughing so much.

Every time I was sent to my room, Ron would send me owls telling me how much he missed me and he couldn’t wait till I got out of my little “prison”, now the only prison is in my own mind.
When Ron left for Hogwarts before he boarded that train he gathered me in his arms and swung me around and whispered “If I could take one thing from home it would be you, I’m gonna miss you the most”
Even though Ron doesn’t talk to me that much now, we still know what each other is thinking and we get that mischievous little grin going, and we go all quiet and then our family knows we are up to something.

Percy was always there for me, every time Ron and I would hide his homework, I couldn’t just stand there and not return it to him, whenever Ron left I’d show him where we hid it.
Everyone underestimated Percy, he’d always help me with my homework first before himself even when he had a mountain of homework to get through, whenever I protested he’d silence me with the same answer
“Your homework is more important than mine”.
He always used to come up to my room and show me some spells and teach me how to do them even though he’d receive owls all the time and get the same lecture from Dad about obeying the rules. He came so close to being expelled so many times. I loved when he used to teach me muggle magic tricks, “they’re extremely good at it” he’d say “even though it’s only illusions, did you know they also use animals as well in their magic shows? It’s amazing”.

~*~
I miss those days and I miss those ways
When I got lost in fantasies
In a cartoon land of mysteries
In a place you won't grow old in a place you won't feel cold and I'll sing
~*~

Mum always let me help her cook, even though I’d always be sticking my finger in something, or snitching carrots or peas, Mum always got cross with me and send me to my room, I wouldn’t be in there long she could never stay angry at me for long, cause I was her little girl (which always annoyed the boys when they got in trouble). She taught me how to cook and even let me make my own dessert for the family one night.
They all loved it, I remember it was a triple chocolate mousse cake, the boys all fought over it so mum had to give them a little piece each, Dad and Mum got a big piece and I got the biggest piece, the boys stared at me with drooling mouths hoping that I might abandon it so they could eat it……..I never did.
Ever since I made that same dessert on a special occasion, or for a birthday……….I’m still yet to make it for Harry’s birthday.
Even though she’d yell at us Mum would always curse herself for marrying such a gorgeous, charismatic, mishievious devil like dad, we’d be reminded a lot that we all inherited Dad’s childish curiosity and none of Mums maturity, Dad took great pride in knowing that, but Mum always loved us and always laughed, we weren’t that lucky to get away with things because she’d always know what you’d be up to even before you did.

~*~
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
Seems I'm lost in my reflection
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
Find a star for my direction
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
For the little girl inside who wont just hide
Don't let me see mistakes and lies
Let me keep my faith and innocent eyes
My innocent eyes
~*~

Dad always used to muck around with the boys and I, one time I was sent to my room and Dad yelled up the stairs “Princess Ginny I will save you!” Charlie blocked the stairwell and said “the princess is mine” and Dad and Charlie had a play fight, Charlie would always lose and Dad would grab the broom and fly up to my bedroom grab me and we’d fly out the window, later on when we stopped playing ‘Rescue the Princess’ Mum would go off at Dad for flying in the house, he’s always get in trouble for acting “childish and not setting the right example.” But then Dad would put on an innocent face and tell Mum how much he loved her and all would be forgiven and he’d go do it again.
Dad always used to sing me to sleep, or sometimes all of the Weasley children would be gathered around Dad in front of the fire with a cup of hot chocolate each and Mum would be in the arm chair and I’d be on my daddy’s knee and he’d tell us stories about how he met Mum, the funny (and often) embarrassing moments when we were little kids and what we’d get up too when we were young, one of the twins favourite stories was when Ron was a little kid, some how he got out of his bed and decided to air his nappy and dropped it on the floor then ran down the stairs and out into the yard….

COMPLETELY NAKED.

Every time it’s mentioned Ron goes as red as his hair, and then he chases the twins around the house…not that they are able to move, because they are doubled over in laughter.

Charlie was rarely with the family since he was traveling around the world with dragons after Hogwarts. But in the time he did see us or write he had lots to say, I always had a close bond with Charlie, we would always know what the other was thinking or saying, I remember Charlie always brought home baby dragons of all different species, Mum would flip out and scream at Charlie for bringing a dangerous animal into the house, though, it hardly looked dangerous, it couldn’t even breathe a proper fireball.
My brothers and I loved them, Fred and George tried to train them to attack whenever someone entered their room, it didn’t work, all you’d see is these little tiny dragons with chains around them sitting at the entrance to their room, the only thing that attacked was Mum when she saw what they were doing with them, Charlie flipped too not as much as Mum did when she scolded him for bringing them home, reminding him that he could lose his job and that they were only babies….you always manage to feel so bad when your Mum has finished grilling you….and compared to a Hugarian horntails fireball it’d feel like ice compared to Mum….Charlie never brought back any exotic dragons again.

~*~
Do you remember when you were 15?
And the kids at school called you a fool coz you took the chance to dream
In the time that's past and the one thing that lasts
Is that same old song that we played along and made my daddy cry
~*~

The twins always made us laugh, and neither could operate without the other, Fred was always the brains of the operation, not many people know that he’s incredibly talented at potions, even Snape has to admit that, he knows nearly everything there is to know, though he wont admit it, if ever he wanted to get out of going to a ministry function, he’d whip up a mutation potion and in a few seconds he’d be sprouting terrible purple puss sores…ingenius but disgusting and in the end Mum’d leave us alone to take care of Fred so her and Dad could have a nice evening out and within a few minutes of them leaving we’d be on the floor laughing our heads off, even when Percy walked out the door you’d always see a little smirk on his face…it’s amazing he never told Mum or Dad about what Fred would do, perhaps he thought it best to let us muck up at home instead of at an official ministry function, but Mum did start to get a bit suss when Fred started sprouting green leaves from his ears, blaming it on the garden knomes.

George was always good at transfiguration which was how the canary creams and various other things were done and sold.
I remember every time Fred and George came up with a new idea or theory they’d run it by me and if it passed my judgment then it’d be made, if not, then they wouldn’t bother, I was always their biggest critic and customer, they always relied on my judgment, they were the products that become their best sellers, the twins affectionally referred to me as their “little prankster” having pulled a few pranks on them myself.
One of George’s funniest (but scariest for a 3 year old Ron) was when he transfigured Ron’s favourite teddy “eddy” bear into a great dirty spider…the twins and I were outside his room laughing so hard our stomachs hurt, as soon as we heard Ron scream we ran back into our rooms pretending we were asleep. When the chaos had subsided, you could hear Mum’s footsteps charging down the hall, she stopped at my door, with Ron crying at her side she opened it so a crack of light flowed into my room, I thought for certain I was a goner, but then she closed it and continued to the twins’ room I could hear the distant rumble of her voice as she tried not to yell, but I knew there’d be hell to pay in the morning. Of course I was right.
In the morning the twins were being grilled and much to my protest they denied I was with them, just to protect me, they had been banned from Quidditch until they went back to school and were forced to do all their homework in one day their hopes to “wein” their little brother of his teddy worked and they tried to convince Mum that it was for the best because his bear was so “old” and “Ron is a little wuss with his teddy eddy” “honestly Mum we just did a good deed, imagine ickle Ronnikins going to Hogwarts with his eddy bear”. Never insult one of your mothers children otherwise like Fred and George you will feel the earth move. We never knew if it really affected Ron in any way.
It was always the three of us, I guess being the only girl I grounded them a bit and got on well with all of them and I wouldn’t swap them for anything. Though they were overprotective I could see why they would be. I feel sorry for the man who will marry me one day.

“POOR WEAK LITTLE GINNY WEASLEY, SHE NEEDS A MAN TO SAVE HER BECAUSE SHE CANT SAVE HERSELF”

I want to scream at that evil man for what he’s done to me, I am not weak, I can save myself, that’s another thing that sets me apart from my family, I’m so much like them yet completely different.

~*~
I miss those days and I miss those ways
When I got lost in fantasies
In a cartoon land of mysteries
In a place you won't grow old in a place you wont feel cold and I'll sing
~*~

When I was born Mum and Dad said it was the happiest day of their lives, Mum always dreamed of having a little girl and Dad wanted a little princess to take home, my brothers loved me as soon as they saw me, Mum said they fought over who would hold me, Fred and George would levitate me over to them only to be screamed at by Mum.

Bill spent the most time with me, he finished Hogwarts a year after I was born so while Mum was looking after Ron and while Dad was at work, Bill was by my side, I don’t remember but Mum said he would sing me to sleep all the time. I know Bill will make a wonderful father one day. Mum said after he got a job at Gringotts I would cry until he got home and put me to sleep.
When I was the only little Weasley at home, and after all my brothers had gone to Hogwarts, Bill was always there o keep me company, no matter how busy he was, he’d tell me jokes about the Goblins he worked with and imitate them, much to Dad’s dislike, Dad believed that even though they were rude and mean they were incredibily smart and deserved respect otherwise when Voldemort (they never said his name in front of me or us kids) returns so they don’t turn back on his side, but he’d give in as soon a Bill started mucking up again, Dad couldn’t help it but as long as he wasn’t insulting them at work or in front of other people he’d be ok and Dad would be happy.

One night when Bill tucked me into to bed, he said I was the greatest gift that the Weasley clan could’ve been blessed with. Bill told me that when I came into the world it was the happiest day in everyone’s life, he said I inherited a bit of every Weasley, and that day there was not one cloud in the sky, every birthday of mine had been sunny because I was so special, he said the sun shone on me that day and I truly was a gift. Bill smiled at me and said I inherited his passion for life, Charlie’s love and compassion of animals, Percy diplomacy, Fred’s mischeviousness, George’s love for adventure, Ron’s laughter, Mum’s temper and Dad’s intelligence Bill also told me I was strikingly individual, that I possessed qualities he hasn’t ever seen in a Weasley, I had my own indepdence, my own life, my own brain, and my own personality that would make any man with a love of beautiful individual women would fall head over heels in love with me….in my 11 year old mind I was sure that one day that man would be Harry Potter.
Bill said the heavens were shining on them the day I was born and if anything ever happened to me the sun would stop shining, the happiness would seep out of their world and it would fill with darkness he loves me, they all love me and that love, that love alone is what is going to get me through this that love is going to make me hang on, make me see their smiling faces again.
That love to give me the strength to make me hang on and to defeat Tom once and for all.

~*~
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
Seems I'm lost in my reflection
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
Find a star for my direction
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
For the little girl inside who wont just hide
Don't let me see mistakes and lies
Let me keep my faith and innocent eyes
My innocent eyes
~*~

I can hear him laughing in the distant background, that cold heartless laugh sends shivers down my spine.
I hear footsteps and feel someone fall beside me.

“Ginny….”

I can vaguely hear their voice, his voice, I know who those words belong to, but it cant be, would he save me? After what I’ve done?….

“Ginny! Don’t be dead! Please don’t be dead!”

It is, its Harry, even after all I’ve done he’s here to bring me back, he’s here to help me defeat Tom once and for all.

“Ginny, please wake up”

He touched my hand, I knew he loved me, I scream, I’m right here Harry, I’m here, help me but my body does nothing, as much as I try I cant move, I want to reassure him I’m still here, but I can feel myself getting colder and weaker, I’m slipping further into the murky depths of Toms memory…

“She wont wake”

Harry, I try to scream, Harry, he did this to me, help me, I’m here, get rid of him I keep screaming, hoping my body might move to let him know I’m still alive, Harry, he done this to me, he set the basilisk on the muggle borns, he did all this, help me get out of this alive…

I was so close to Harry, yet so far away, my body was lying right next to him, but I was drifting from him. I could feel my body getting weaker, I could feel myself falling slower to a place I was uncertain of.

Then I heard it. Hissing for it’s master to let it out.

In the distant mumble of voices I picked up traces of their conversation

“She’s still alive, but only just”

“How did Ginny get like this?”
”..Interesting question….Ginny Weasley’s like this because she opened her heart and spilled all her secrets to an invisible stranger”
“What are you talking about?”
“My diary, Ginny has been writing all about her pitiful worries in it for months, how she had to come to school with second hand robes and how she didn’t think famous, good, great Harry Potter would ever like her”

“I was patient, I wrote back, I was sympathetic….Ginny poured her soul into me, and her soul happened to be exactly what I wanted”.

He laughed at me, shivers ran down my spine and I got colder , I was going to die, I knew it, God, please let my family know I loved them with every fibre of my being, I never meant to hurt them..

“I grew powerful, far more powerful than Miss Weasley….”

“it took a long time for her to stop trusting her diary.. the next time it was Ginny who was writing to me, not you, she panicked, what if I repeated all her secrets to you? What if, even worse I told you who’d been strangling all the school roosters? So the foolish little brat stole it back..”

The bastard was insulting me, after everything I told him, I thought he was my friend, Harry, he did everything, he sent the basilisk on the muggle borns, he did, he did everything.

“…I knew you would go to any lengths to solve the mystery — particularly if one of your best friends was attacked…”

“So I made Ginny write her own little farewell on the wall and come down here to wait. She struggled and cried and became very boring. But there isn’t much life in her: she put to much into the diary, into me. Enough to let me leave it’s pages at last….I knew you’d come”

I can feel myself sinking back into blackness, I have no idea what is happening and I feel myself falling further, I’m cold now, I’m so weak I can barely think, I want it to end, leave me here, let me rot, let my body be a reminder that I was the biggest failure brought to the Weasley’s instead of the biggest blessing.
A hissing sound fills my ears, and a slimy body washes over mine, I hear panicked footsteps and Toms cold, high laugh, he’s let the basilisk out, NO I want to scream to Harry LEAVE, I’m not worth it, go get out of here

“TRYING TO BE A HERO NOW ARE WE? AFTER ALL YOU DONE”

He’s in my mind now I know he knows what I’m thinking, YOU done this to me, you bastard, leave him alone, he didn’t do anything.

“LANGUAGE MISS WEASLEY, YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF, YOU DESERVE THIS”

I hear him laugh again, I hate him, I hope that Harry can get me out of this.

~*~
Under my feeling under my skin
Under the thoughts from within
Learning the subtext
Of the mind
See creation how we’re defined
~*~

Something’s happened, I feel a thud and quiet, tired footsteps come towards me, I hear mumbled voices, but one so loud and clear.

“You’re dead, Harry Potter. Dead. Even Dumbeldore’s bird knows it. Do you see what he’s doing, Potter? He’s crying.”

“I’m going to sit here and watch you die, Harry Potter. Take your time. I’m in no hurry.”
NO, this is not happening, Harry cant die here with me, not like this

“OH BUT HE WILL”

Shut up, you evil maniac, I can hear him laugh somewhere distant behind me.

“So ends the famous Harry Potter..”

I’m at the end I feel my body drained of all life I had left, I don’t want to fight anymore, I cant fight anymore, I’m sorry Mum, I love you Dad, I miss all my brothers now and I’d give anything to see their smiling faces again. I’m crying, I’m screaming.

I’m dying.

This is where it ends? This is what’s become of my life? This cant be, I want to see my family, I want to get out of here, I hear a scream and feel a surge of strength come back to me.

“YOU STUPID LITTLE GIRL, YOU WONT GET OUT OF THIS ALIVE”

Oh yes, I will, I’m beating him I feel it another pang of strength returns to my limp body.

“I WILL ALWAYS HAUNT YOUR DREAMS, THERE WILL BE NO ESCAPE FOR YOU, I WILL ALWAYS BE IN YOUR MIND.”

I don’t care, I will beat you at your game, leave me Tom, LEAVE ME ALONE.

It’s over, I open my eyes and sit up, in this dark and dank place I feel a little warmth of hope, I turn around to see those bright green emerald eyes I love so much staring at me, I want to explain to him I didn’t mean to do anything, this was all Tom working.

“Harry —oh, Harry, it was me, Harry — but I — I s-swear I d-didn’t mean to — R-Riddle made me, he t-took me over — and how did you kill that — that thing? W-where’s Riddle? The last thing I r-remember is him coming out of the diary-“

He smiles softly at me, and holds up the diary showing me the fang hole.

“it’s alright Ginny, it’s only a memory”

He holds my gaze and I’m so thankful for him, I want to stare at him forever…

“C’mon Ginny, lets get out of here”

We moved back to where Harry had left Ron, I have never been happier to see Ron

“Ginny, your alive! You’re ok Ginny, it’s over now”

Ron hugs me, picks me up and swings me around I smile and I see Harry watching, this is his family to and I’m glad to have him as a friend then nothing at all.

“Love you Gin, don’t go disappearing again okay?” Ron tells me.

Believe me brother, I’m here to stay.

~*~
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
Seems I'm lost in my reflection
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
Find a star for my direction
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
For the little girl inside who wont just hide
Don't let me see mistakes and lies
~*~

As I hold onto Harry while Fawkes takes us back to where we belong, I realize that, I always have my family, and they will always save you in the end, I love Harry, but as long as I’m his friend that’s ok with me. When I get home I’m going to show everybody how much I love them, how much I love life, I’ll make my special cake for everyone, and I’ll make it huge this time, so everybody gets a piece, Bill was right, the day I came into everyone’s life was the happiest day of their lives, and the day I got out of the Chamber was the happiest day of mine.

I get to see their smiling faces again.

And I cant wait.

~*~
For the little girl inside who wont just hide
Don't let me see mistakes and lies
Let me keep my faith and innocent eyes
My innocent eyes
~*~


THE END.

Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear