Search:

SIYE Time:10:44 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


My Savior
By GriffinFox

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 9
Summary: Though it may seem that Ginny has moved on, she knows that she can never stop loving Harry. [One-shot] Warning: Cho-bashing
Hitcount: Story Total: 3974







ChapterPrinter


His hair is as black as a raven that soars,
his eyes are as green as an emerald’s core.
I make my wish to the world above,
that someday I’ll admit my love
to my savior who conquered the Dark Lord.

Ginny Weasley put down her quill for a minute to admire her poem. Then she picked it up again and drew a large heart, and carefully wrote H/G inside it in fancy letters.

She had been meaning to rewrite her love poem to Harry since the humiliating incident back in second year, but the memory had always made her quiver. How stupid she had been, to write about pickled toads and blackboards in what was supposed to be romantic!

Then again, she had been only eleven. Eleven and naïve. Naïve enough to trust a talking diary, even after what her father had always warned her about objects that could think for themselves. It was so long ago, yet Ginny still had dreams about the dreaded Chamber of Secrets, and about her noble savior.

Ginny crossed her legs on her chair and stared at the wall, letting her mind drift off, back to when she was little. At night, her parents would read her fairy tales about dansels in distress, and how a brave and handsome prince would always come riding to the rescue on his white horse.

That was always how she pictured the famous Harry Potter. Tall and muscular, with his raven hair neatly combed, with brilliant emerald eyes that seemed to sparkle behind rectangular-lensed glasses. She imagined him wearing armor, carrying a sword, and riding to her rescue on a hippogriff. Of course, he didn’t turn out exactly how she pictured her prince. Instead he was somewhat scrawny with messy black hair and round glasses. And Hermione had once told her he had been barely able to hold on while riding a hippogriff in Hagrid’s class.

But Ginny didn’t mind. He was every bit as noble as she had always imagined. She was glad, though, that she had been right about his vibrant eyes that sent a shiver through her every time they made eye contact. When they were first acquainted, Ginny never dared look him in the eye, afraid that she wouldn’t be able to look away. No one liked being gawked at. The last thing she wanted was to act like she did when she first saw him on the Hogwarts Express. She was a female Colin Creevy without the camera.

Ginny had yet to pay him back for save her from Tom Riddle. She had always had childish daydreams about her as the lovely princess in fairy tales whom the charming prince always rescues from a terrible fate, but never once had she thought it would actually happen.

Even though her dreams had come true, Ginny no longer relished the idea of being rescued by a big, strong prince. Now that she was fifteen and about to enter her fifth year, Ginny looked upon those fairy tales with scorn. It was usually the same old thing, a weak bimbo princess who was always completely dependent on a guy to come save her. That wasn’t like Ginny Weasley at all. That was more like Cho Chang.

Ginny scowled at the memory of Cho. That annoying, self-absorbed, crying-every-five-minutes leaky faucet had no right to trample all over Harry like she did, acting like she was the only one going through a hard time. Unlike Cho, Ginny knew Harry and understood him. Harry definitely didn’t favor all the publicity he got being the Boy Who Lived, nor did he enjoy being slandered like last year. The Daily Prophet had no right to print those articles about Harry, making him seem like some attention-craving, self-absorbed liar.

Subconciously, he was just an innocent, ordinary wizard with a knack for helping people in need. A knack which nearly got him killed countless times, Ginny remembered with a shudder. Ginny wanted so much to take away the pain Harry felt, to protect him from the ordeals he had suffered through, and the ordeals yet to come. It was incredibly admirable that he managed to hold on to his sanity after all he’d been through.

Ginny didn’t just admire Harry for being the Boy Who Lived, or for being a fantastic Seeker. Mainly she admired him for who he was. He was the noble and loyal Harry Potter. The one who saved her from Tom Riddle. The leader of Dumbledore’s Army. The one who bravely protected his friends during the battle with the Death Eaters. Her savior.

An idea suddenly came to her. Picking up her quill again, Ginny neatly wrote My Savior at the top of the page. Then she sat back to admire it, grinning in satisfaction. It was the perfect title.

Ginny glanced at her clock; it was 10:48pm. She had been up much later than she realized. Without bothering to put away her parchment, Ginny set her quill aside, collapsed on her bed and stared at the celing. For a couple minutes she just lay there thinking, then sighed and closed her eyes.

Now that Voldemort’s return had become everyone’s top priority, she was almost certain that Harry couldn’t stay sane through all the hardships yet to come. Well, it didn’t matter whether he did or not. Ginny would stand by him, no doubt. What he needed most right now were his friends.

Ginny hugged herself to supress another shudder, then curled up into a ball. For now, all she could do was pray for Harry to be safe in the future. She no longer cared whether he noticed her or not. Him staying alive and well was all that was important. She vowed that never again would she endanger him like she did with Tom Riddle. Ginny had a strong feeling that someday, Voldemort would be gone for good, and Harry would finally be free to be the person Ginny knew and loved. She would never consider him her prince, but he would always be her beloved savior.
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear