Search:

SIYE Time:2:54 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Filled to Bursting
By BabyRuth

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 9
Summary: Written for PhoenixSong's Valentine's Challenge. Harry plans a way to pop a certain question to a certain redhead...
Hitcount: Story Total: 4228







ChapterPrinter


A/N: I am writing this story strictly for pleasure; all characters are blatantly borrowed from the wonderful world created by JK Rowling and no profit is being made. Sigh…

Filled to Bursting

“Two weeks, three days, four hours, and nineteen and one-half minutes,” Harry thought to himself with a mental groan as he glanced at his watch. How was he going to last that long until he saw her again? He glanced around at the twenty or so heads bent over desks working on their Defence Against the Dark Arts tests.

After defeating Voldemort in his seventh year, Harry had every intention of becoming an Auror, but because of severe injuries sustained in the final battle, he was advised to sit out a year before starting the rigorous training program the dark wizard catchers were put through. Dumbledore had offered him the Defence Against the Dark Arts job.

“You want me to what?” Harry asked incredulously. “I can’t teach anything!”

“Harry, do you really believe you didn’t teach anyone in the DA?” Dumbledore asked calmly. “That you didn’t teach Neville a truly remarkable Patronus as well as the give him the confidence needed to use it? Didn’t teach the entire DA that dueling was more than just jinxes and hexes?” he went on.

Harry thought about it. He had felt a great sense of pride in the accomplishments of the other Hogwarts students during the three years of instructing practical Defence in the Defence Association, or “Dumbledore’s Army,” as it became more popularly known. In the end Harry agreed to teach for one year, then join the Aurors.


“The best laid plans,” Harry thought now with an inward smile. Three years later he was still teaching Defence, and enjoying it more and more as he watched the students’ progress.

“And in just two weeks, three days, four hours, and ten minutes now I’ll be with Ginny for Valentine’s Day,” he sighed again at the thought.

Harry had fallen for Ginny hard in his seventh year. They had managed to go out only a few times what with classes, homework, N.E.W.T. preparation, and extra training from Dumbledore and other Order of the Phoenix members. Their budding relationship was further interrupted when Harry had spent several months in the Hospital Wing after the final battle. Then, in his first year of teaching at Hogwarts, Ginny was in her last year working hard on her N.E.W.T.’s in order to get the necessary qualifications to be a Healer. For the past two years, Ginny had been in training, and their time together had been very limited. After much rearranging of schedules, they were finally able to be together for Valentine’s, and Harry had big plans…

11 February:

With a loud crack Harry Apparated into the Burrow’s kitchen, startling Molly who was busy at the stove.

“Harry! You scared ten years off my life!” she exclaimed, clutching at her chest.

“I’m sorry, Molly. Guess I should have flooed first…” said an abashed Harry.

“That’s all right. Come here,” she said, pulling him into a tight hug. He returned the embrace to the only mother he had ever known and stepped back.

Harry wrinkled his nose. “What is that smell?” he asked. “It’s wonderful!”

“I’m making some Ginger Newts, they’re Arthur’s favorite,” she said, happily bringing him one.

“Is Arthur here?” Harry asked. “I’d like to talk to you both.”

Molly yelled up the stairs for her husband and a dapper-looking Arthur Weasley clattered down the steps sniffing appreciatively. He smiled his thanks as Molly handed him a Ginger Newt with a hot cup of tea.

“Thanks, Molly. Well hello, Harry. What brings you here today?” Arthur asked.

“Well,” started Harry, flushing red.

“Well, uh…” stammered Harry. He had faced Voldemort! He was a Gryffindor! Why was this so bloody difficult?

“Spit it out, Harry,” said Arthur kindly, his blue eyes twinkling knowingly at Molly, who was twitching in anticipation in her seat.

“IwantyourpermissiontoaskGinnytom arryme,” Harry got out in a rush, letting out a big whoosh of air when he finished.

Both Molly and Arthur stood and pulled Harry into a warm familial embrace.

“Nothing could please us more, Harry. You’ve always been one of the family, now you’ll really be our son,” Arthur choked. Harry’s eyes leaked happy tears much as Dobby’s were want to do. This family had done everything, given him everything important in his life: his best friend and brother, Ron, and his love, Ginny.

12 February:

“Dear Ginny,

I can’t wait to see you on Monday. I’m sorry we can’t be together more, but I know what you’re doing is important and I’m trying not to be selfish (not to mention I have classes to teach. Oh bother). This is just a taste of what to expect.

Love forever,
Harry.”


Ginny opened the small parcel that accompanied the letter and laughed. It was a small figurine of a dwarf wearing cupid wings and holding a bow, a very disgruntled look on his face. The figure pointed to his wings, which Ginny tapped with her wand. Immediately she heard a croaky, off-key song:

Her eyes are as warm as hot chocolate,
Her hair is as ginger as spice;
Her voice is as sweet as honey,
And her kisses are twice as nice.


“Harry,” Ginny said, perplexed, “where on earth did you get that?” She had to laugh at the ugly little figurine as he went through his spiel again and again.

13 February:

When Ginny returned to her flat near St. Mungo’s after a very trying weekend shift, she found Hedwig on her windowsill holding a fat envelope. Heart lifting immediately, Ginny opened it quickly. Inside was a luridly decorated Valentine, covered in frothy lace, bright pink hearts, and the words “Be Mine” in script on the outside. With a sense of trepidation, Ginny opened it and was bombarded with miniature tissue paper butterflies fluttering around her, brushing her face and neck.
“Stop that!” Ginny laughed. “It tickles!” The butterflies slowly sank to the floor as the charm wore off, then the card began to sing:

I have loved this girl for forever,
And will forever more;
Just one more day and I’ll show you
What the future holds in store.


Ginny smiled mistily. How she loved Harry Potter! She rushed to send him a letter…

14 February, Valentine’s Day:

Ginny couldn’t stop fidgeting as she waited for Harry. She didn’t know what he had planned. Truthfully she didn’t much care as long as they were together. She jumped with a small squeak when her door chimed. Opening the door she was confronted with dozens and dozens of red roses and a small delivery man.

“Ginny Weasley?” he asked.

“Yes,” she replied, dreamily staring at the roses.

The man blew a note on a pitch pipe and started to sing:

My heart is filled to bursting,
But I am all alone;
I need my love beside me
To always guide me home.


He handed over the roses with a flourish and left, leaving Ginny gazing at the roses, wondering…

The next time the bell chimed it was Harry. Greeting her with a thoroughly wonderful kiss, he asked if she were ready.

“Where are we going?” she asked.

“The Charmed Wand,” he said. Ginny gasped in surprise. It was the most exclusive wizarding restaurant in Britain, and took months to make a reservation. This was going to be fantastic!

The restaurant was cozily lit with candles and decorated with expensive furnishings. Crystal and china added tinkling punctuation as costumed musicians played softly. Harry was sure the food was delicious but he couldn’t taste a bite. During the sweet course the musicians made their way to where Harry and Ginny were sitting and began to sing. Ginny’s eyes widened in recognition, and Harry’s mouth went drier than it already was.

Her eyes are as warm as hot chocolate,
Her hair is as ginger as spice;
Her voice is as sweet as honey,
And her kisses are twice as nice.

I have loved this girl for forever,
And will forever more;
Tonight’s the night I’ll show you
What the future holds in store.

My heart is filled to bursting,
But I am all alone;
I need my love beside me
To always guide me home.


Harry got up and dropped to one knee beside Ginny, and spoke the last verse:

I know all my family in Heaven,
And other family I’ve found in my life,
Are surrounding us with love and warm wishes,
As I ask Ginny to be my wife.


“Ginny, will you marry me?” Harry asked, tears streaking his face as he presented her a beautiful ring.

Ginny couldn’t answer. Tears were streaming down her face as she looked at the most amazing man in the whole world. She could only nod emphatically as Harry hugged her tightly. The other patrons in the restaurant stood, clapping and cheering.

And They Lived Happily Ever After
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear