Search:

SIYE Time:10:55 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Maybe Someday
By Arual

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 14
Summary: Harry and Ginny both like each other very much but neither one knows the truth. What is going through their heads as they daydream about each other? Lots of fluff!
Hitcount: Story Total: 4593







ChapterPrinter


Maybe Someday


She sat alone–secluded in a corner, in a chair right next to the window. She was immersed in her homework. Her red hair kept falling into her eyes, and she repeatedly pushed it back, each time getting more and more frustrated.

It was actually pretty cute.

Harry Potter was sitting on the other side of the Common Room, also alone, positively engrossed with Ginny Weasley and all the cute things she did while doing her homework.

For example: when she was thinking really hard, she would bite her lower lip.

It was little things like that that made it extremely hard to resist her. In fact, if she weren’t Ron’s little sister, he would have given in to his desires ages ago.

That is, if he was even the slightest bit convinced that she was interested in him as more than a friend.

Harry sighed and returned to his Potions essay.

Maybe someday he’d get a chance to tell her how he felt about her.

..:*:..


Potions homework, no doubt, Ginny thought to herself as she stared at Harry, his face scrunched up in the way it always did when he was having trouble with something.

If she hadn’t been brought up to be a lady with morals and principles, she would have just ran over to him and snogged him senseless, right then and there.

But she had, and so she didn’t.

Instead, Ginny turned back to her Defense Against the Dark Arts homework, only to realize that she had been subconsciously drawing little hearts around the name Virginia Rose Potter.

She quickly crossed it out, furiously glancing around the Common Room to make sure nobody had seen it. Ever since that horrendous love poem she had written for Harry in her first year, Ginny had been careful to keep her feelings to herself.

It was an extremely hard thing to do when she felt as though she would just explode with all the emotions she for the green-eyed boy.

Maybe someday she would get the courage to tell Harry Potter just how head-over-heels in love with him she was.

..:*:..


Harry dreamed about her often. About how nice it would be to have his body pressed close to hers, and about how wonderful it would be to let his hands caress every inch of her flawless skin.

If only those dreams could somehow, someday come true.

He glanced at Ginny out of the corner of his eye.

The way the light was reflecting off of her face made her look even more beautiful and radiant than she already was.

His life would seem complete if she were his. He would be the happiest wizard on the face of the earth if he were able to walk into a room and proudly announce that the beautiful girl on his arm was, in fact, Ginny Weasley.

Harry allowed himself to daydream about Ginny and himself for a bit longer before he heard Ron’s voice. This caused reality to sink in--even if Ginny liked him back, Ron would kill Harry if he ever asked her out.

“Hey, mate,” said Ron, Hermione’s hand in his own. “Hermione and I just got back from our walk and we’re a bit tired so we’re going to go up to bed now, okay?”

“It’s half past eight, Ron,” answered Harry flatly.

“Yeah, well, it was a tiring walk!” said Ron defensively.

Harry gave his best friends a weak smile as Hermione let out an exasperated sigh and led Ron away.

Harry tried to ignore it, but he couldn’t escape the jealous feeling that crept over him.

His two best friends were in love with each other.

Maybe someday he could have that sort of love with Ginny.

..:*:..


He’d make the world’s most perfect boyfriend, Ginny thought to herself. And she hoped with all her heart that perhaps one day she could be the girlfriend to the world’s most perfect boyfriend.

Harry Potter.

That name wouldn’t sound good on anyone but him.

Harry. Such a plain and simple name. Yet in many ways he was the least plain and simple person she knew.

There were so many layers to Harry. So many things to be discovered.

So many things she wanted to know about him.
Harry often kept to himself these days, and Ginny’s heart ached–she wished she knew what went through his head–to know what would make him want to be so isolated from the rest of the world.

But still, even with all that must have been bothering him, Harry always managed to find the time to help people (in one way or another). Ginny often saw him tutoring Neville in Defense Against the Dark Arts and she had heard him in the hallways defending Luna Lovegood when people made fun of her.

It was strange though: Harry was always first in line to help someone else, and yet he never seemed to want to help himself.

Maybe someday Ginny would be able to solve the enigma that was Harry Potter.

..:*:..


There she was again, so deep in thought. It was as though she didn’t even notice the rest of the world. A faraway look played on Ginny’s face as she absentmindedly wound her hair around her finger.

Harry wanted to touch her hair. He wanted to feel its texture on his fingertips. He wanted to breathe in its scent.

But those were things reserved for special boys.

The type of boys Ginny Weasley liked.

Not for Harry.

He was convinced that she would never ever in a million years fall for him the way he had fallen for her.

But that didn’t stop him from thinking about her every free second he had.

Virginia Rose Potter.

What a pretty name that would be.

He looked over at the object of his affection.

Ginny had the most angelic features Harry had ever seen. In fact, sometimes he couldn’t be sure if she was an actual angel or not.

Harry stared at Ginny and all her perfection for a full minute before he realized that she was staring back at him.

But instead of quickly looking away like he usually did, he did something he considered to be really brave; something he had never done before.

He smiled at her.

He sat there, with the hugest smile on his face, looking and feeling like such an idiot.

That is, until she flashed one of her radiant grins back at him.

Maybe someday she’ll be mine, Harry thought.

But then again, why not make that someday now?

He got up and walked over to Ginny.

..:*:..


Yes, she thought to herself, it would be quite nice to have Harry Potter as a boyfriend.

But was she good enough for him?

Ginny hoped so.

And then she looked at him.

Her heart leapt.

Harry Potter was looking back at her.

And he was smiling.

So she did the most sensible thing she could think of at the moment.

She smiled back, and for a moment it seemed like they were the only two people in the entire world.

It was pure magic.

That is, until Harry got up and walked away.

Where is he going? Ginny wondered frantically. Did I do something wrong?

Then she realized that he wasn’t walking away… he was walking closer… and closer… and…

Gods, he has nice legs, Ginny noted.

And then, he was standing right in front of her.

Their eyes met.

“Hi Ginny,” he said to her.

And she thought, Maybe all those somedays really do eventually happen.


-Fin-


Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear