Search:

SIYE Time:14:35 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


I've Been Thinking About You!
By Sleepy

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 10
Summary: SONGFIC- Harry watches Ginny - Hermione watches Harry watching Ginny - You'll have to read to find out what comes next Beta'd by Katieay!
Hitcount: Story Total: 4837







ChapterPrinter


I’ve Been Thinking About You.



We’ve known each other
For a long long time
But I’ve noticed
All the magic in your eyes
I’ve been around you
A thousand times before
And you’ve always been a friend to me
But now I’m wanting more



He sat in the common room, his last night in the place that’s always felt like home. There she was, smiling and laughing with her friends; would this be the last time he saw her? He hoped not. She was on of his best friends, but lately he’d noticed little things he hadn’t noticed before.


I must have been so, blind
I never realized
You’re the one that’s right for me
All the while I couldn’t see
And now I feel so strange
I’ll never be the same
Going ‘round and ‘round in circles
And I don’t know what to do
‘Cause baby



She turned around and smiled; her hair caught the light from the fire and the colours that made her stand out from all others shimmered. ‘Oh god please don’t smile like that’ he thought, not that he didn’t like her smile when it lit up her whole face, and it made the gold flecks in her eyes flash, much like when she was angry.


I’ve been thinking about you
In the most peculiar way
I’ve been thinking about you
It’s unbelievable to me
But suddenly I think
I’m falling in love with you



He didn’t know when his feelings for her changed but they had; he’d hid them fairly well from her and one of his other best friends. His other best friends knew.

“I know who’s got you thinking Harry. Are you going to tell her?” Hermione asked knowingly.


There’s no explaining how I feel inside
I’m going thru a transformation
That’s so hard for me to hide
I had a revelation that
Finally opened up my eyes
The one I spent a lifetime searching for
Was right here all the time



“Tell her! Are you mad? How am I supposed to tell when I don’t even know?”

“Yes you do. Think about it, have any of the others made you feel the way she does?”

“Well no. But she’s my friend, she’s moved on.”


I was oblivious so very out of touch
All the while I couldn’t see
You’re the one that’s right for me
And now my world has changed
I’ll never be the same
Going ‘round and ‘round in circles
And it’s all because of you
Sweet baby



“How do you know? Tell her. Just trust me ok?”

“Tell her? How am I meant to tell her when I haven’t really seen her for the last six years?”


I’ve been thinking about you
In the most peculiar way
I’ve been thinking about you
It’s unbelievable to me
But suddenly I think
I’m falling in love with you



“Just tell her! What have you got to loose?”

“Her,” Harry sighed. “‘Mione I can’t lose what we have.”


I’ve been thinking about you
In the most peculiar way
I’ve been thinking about you
It’s unbelievable to me
But suddenly I think
I’m falling in love with you



“But you love her! How will you feel if you miss your chance?”

“I can’t,”

“Ok don’t tell her then, but when she finds someone else don’t come to me.”

Harry just groaned, he hadn’t thought about that. His head fell to his hands where he proceeded to pull at his hair.


Don’t you know
That you’re blowing my mind
What you do to me
I can’t describe
Baby I can’t hold back anymore
I just can’t conceal it
You’re the one I really adore



“Just tell her Harry.”

“Tell who what? Harry, are you alright?”

Harry groaned again. Why oh why had she chosen this moment to come and sit down. He found it harder and harder to hide how he felt.

“Remember what I said Harry.” Hermione looked at him pointedly. “Gin have you seen that brother of yours?”

“No, not for ages why? Do you want to have one last snog in the Astronomy tower?”

In spite of himself Harry chuckled as Hermione rolled her eyes and then left him alone with Ginny.


I’ve been thinking about you
In the most peculiar way



He couldn’t do this, she was his friend.


I’ve been thinking about you
In the most peculiar way



He had to do something this was driving him mad. Hermione was right what did he have to lose really?


I’ve been thinking about you
In the most peculiar way
I’ve been thinking about you
It’s unbelievable to me
But suddenly I think
I’m falling in love with you



“Harry are you ok?”

“Err yeah, erm Gin? there’s something I need to tell you,”

“What Harry? You know you can tell me anything,”

“Gin the thing is…”


I’ve been thinking about you
In the most peculiar way
I’ve been thinking about you
It’s unbelievable to me
But suddenly I think
I’m falling in love with you



Harry took a deep breath and glanced up at the girl that had been driving him crazy for nearly two years. His breath caught in his throat as he reached over to cover one of her small hands with one of his own.

“The thing is Ginny, I need…no this isn’t coming out right,”

Ginny turned her hand over and entwined her fingers with Harry’s and gave them a squeeze.

“What is it Harry?” Ginny sounded really worried now.

Harry couldn’t get the words out so he just leaned into Ginny and kissed her, for a split second she froze, before kissing him back. They lost themselves in each other and didn’t noticed the common room exploding with cheers.


I’ve been thinking about you
In the most peculiar way
I’ve been thinking about you
It’s unbelievable to me
But suddenly I think
I’m falling in love with you.




I would like to say a big thank you to Katieay you're a star! You can find the song Mariah Carey's Album Music Box; the title of the song is the same as the title of the fic!
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear