Search:

SIYE Time:6:32 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Blue Shells and Threats
By Meyers1020

- Text Size +

Category: First Time for Everything Challenge (2019-2), First Time For Everything Challenge (2019-2)
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General, Humor
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 7
Summary: Harry and Ginny enjoy a day in the Muggle world and attend a party thrown by Dean Thomas and his sister. They're having a great time until competitiveness rears its head and takes Harry by surprise.
Hitcount: Story Total: 1710



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is a little bit of ridiculousness written for the First Time for Everything challenge, because anything goes, right?




ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter stopped playing and stared at his girlfriend in shock. For a moment, he was certain he had misheard her; for she had never made that threat before, despite the fact that in the almost seven years that she'd known, he had messed up plenty and she had let him know it in a litany of creative ways. Taking in her expression however, he saw her eyes were blazing with determination as she concentrated on the game before her and knew some part of her was serious in that moment.

Briefly, he wondered how the night had reached this point.

It was the first Saturday following Ginny's graduation from Hogwarts less than a week ago and her return home to the Burrow. They had done their best that year and taken every opportunity to spend time together while Harry was training with the Aurors and Ginny was finishing up her schooling. Even still, they both felt they hadn't spent nearly enough time together recently and decided to go out alone for the day.

They went into Muggle London to avoid being recognized and surprisingly had run into Dean Thomas who had invited them to a get together he and his sister were throwing later that evening. Seeing an opportunity to spend the entire night away from the prying eyes of the Weasley brothers, they had accepted. They had been having a great time, socializing and playing games, just two teenagers away from the pressures of the Wizarding world. At least Harry had thought they were, until a few moments ago when Ginny, comfortable with her lead, had checked on Harry and saw the weapon he had acquired, one which could only be used on her, seeing as she was currently in first place and threatened him.

When Ginny realized he had stopped playing altogether, her eyes flickered to him and she said, "Think carefully before you throw that at me, love, or I will tell them," before returning her full attention to the game.

Well, that confirmed it. For the first time ever, Ginny had threatened the reveal one of his secrets: the fact that he used to steal her pillow when they were at the Burrow starting that first summer he spent there. It wasn't a particularly malicious secret, (especially given that Ginny was privy to plenty of experiences from his childhood that he would never want anyone to know) and he hadn't even realized that the pillows he kept taking from the couch smelled so good because they were hers; it was simply the fact that she had never told anyone about it in all these years and here she was threatening to do so at a party containing several of their classmates and an assortment of Muggle strangers. All over a game, no less.

Granted, it was an elimination tournament and she had battled her way to the final round, a feat that was quite impressive considering she had never played anything like it before, but still. Harry was a first-timer too and had managed to avoid being eliminated as well, but he at least had some frame of reference for it.

Dean Thomas laughed from beside him on the couch. "Man, I forgot how competitive she can be. You're a braver man than I am Harry."

Seamus snorted from his position on the other side of Dean and leaned forward so that he could look at Harry. "You think extortion is bad? You should have seen what Sarah did to Matthew last week!"

Harry looked at Matthew, the boyfriend of Dean's sister Sarah, both of whom were muggles, and raised his eyebrows in question.

Seamus and Dean snickered. "Go on, tell him."

"Well," he rubbed the back of his neck and shot a quick look at Sarah to make sure her attention was still elsewhere, "I may have done to her what you were about to do to Ginny, and she lost."

"And lost her bet with me! Man, it's been a great week not having any chores around here."

Matthew threw a rude hand gesture in Dean's direction and continued, "Yeah, well, let's just say she was not amused and let me know by throwing my shoes in the fish tank after she lost."

"Seriously? She was that upset over a game?" Harry asked, not understanding what the big deal was.

All those who were regulars in the Thomas house laughed, drawing Sarah's attention back to them. As she sat down in Matthew's lap, she asked, "What's so funny?"

Her boyfriend wrapped a hand around her waist and said, "Just talking about how seemingly sweet, friendly people suddenly lose all sense and become raving lunatics as soon as the racing starts."

Sarah laughed and asked excitedly, "Oh, what was it this time?"

Harry, having already given up on winning this round, said, "Ginny threatened to tell a childhood secret of mine if I threw the blue thing at her."

Sarah, to Harry's surprise, nodded in understanding. "Makes sense." Her eyes suddenly lit up as she turned to her brother, "Did you tell him about that time after we first got it when Mum made Dad sleep on the couch after he beat her?" She laughed. "Dad refuses to play anymore."

"No, he didn't. We were just telling him about the fish tank incident last week." Matthew said with a smile.

She mock-glared at her boyfriend. "Did you also tell him how you tried to 'nudge' me and ended up knocking me off my stool? I swear I had a bruise on my tailbone!"

Harry's face scrunched up in confusion. Yeah, it was a fun game and he was just as competitive as the next bloke, but he really just didn't understand getting all worked up over it.

His attention was drawn from the conversation when Ginny suddenly jumped up and whooped. She threw her arms around Harry's neck and kissed him in a way reminiscent of their first kiss after she won Gryffindor the cup in his sixth year.

She pulled back and smiled brilliantly at him. "I won!" She cried excitedly. She kissed him exuberantly again before pulling him into a hug, and whispering in his ear, "I'm sorry for threatening you with that. Normally, I'd just threaten to hex you, but I figured I wasn't really supposed to say that in front of the muggles. And I really wanted to stick it to Seamus."

Harry laughed loudly. He really didn't even care. Truthfully, he loved when Ginny was passionate about things. In a normal volume, he replied, "It's alright. Apparently, your reaction was pretty tame." He eyed the assembled group. and joked, "I can't say I understand, because I don't, but it appears you're in good company."

Dean piped up and offered, "Honestly, I think the racing evokes a feeling similar to road rage."

"Road rage?" Ginny asked in confusion as she pulled back.

Harry, aware that Sarah's friends were listening, just said, "Lots of people get really frustrated when they drive in traffic or are just in a rush and can get angry. My uncle used to rant and rave about all the incompetent drivers while honking and weaving in and out of traffic." Harry shrugged.

Ginny seemed to understand that he was trying to deflect her lack of knowledge and rolled her eyes. "No surprise there. Fat oaf."

Harry laughed and pulled her close again, burying his face in her hair and inhaling the floral scent. He felt her shiver as his nuzzling brought his mouth to her neck.

"Are you ready to get out of here?" He whispered as he struggled to control the urge to begin something inappropriate.

She smiled coyly. "Definitely." Her look became teasing then. "You know, if we head back to yours, I'm sure I can help improve the quality of your pillows," she said with a wink. "But first…" She turned to Seamus, "I told you I would dominate in racing! Even you, and you've been playing for what, a year?"

"Yeah, yeah," Seamus waved her off in good humor. "I still don't understand how. You spent the first lap driving into walls and falling off cliffs because you were staring at Harry's screen instead of your own."

"That, dear Seamus, is irrelevant," she said haughtily, though her smile ruined the effect. "Now get a move on. Time to pay up."

He simply rolled his eyes and made his way over to her. When he reached her, he kneeled before her and bowed his head, before stating in exaggerated admiration, "Oh fair Ginevra," she scowled and he smirked, "As defending champion, I admit defeat at your hand and name you the Queen of Mario Kart."

Ginny curtsied demurely and replied, "Thank you, dear knight." Dropping all pretenses, she helped Seamus to his feet and gave him a quick hug before grabbing Harry's hand again. "Now, if you'll excuse us, we're going to go celebrate my new title in private."

Within minutes, the couple had said their goodbyes and apparated away wrapped in each other's arms. Both were in exceptionally good moods; Ginny, still riding the high from her win, was looking forward to spending some uninterrupted alone time with Harry and Harry was excited about the same thing, but also from the knowledge that he knew her scent really would linger on his pillows and sheets for days even after she was forced to return home to the Burrow.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear