Search:

SIYE Time:14:14 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and Druidic Magic
By StarFeather

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts, Magical Creatures Challenge (2017-3), Magical Creatures Challenge (2017-3)
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Romance
Warnings: Death, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 16
Summary:

stunning banner by Asphodelic @tda

The story begins from the time when Lily and James on the run from Voldemort. Half of the story will be categorized as AU. Chapter 4 and 5 were written for Magical Creatures Challenge 2017-3.
Hitcount: Story Total: 14198; Chapter Total: 1054





Author's Notes:
A/N : Thanks to melian's great beta reading, I could post this chapter. Thank you for stopping by. Please leave your thought.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter



Morgana took off her mask and took a squint at a door with peeling red paint. A nurse must be in the house. Finally she discovered a clue to Bellatrix Lestrange's unwanted child. She put on her mask again and pointed her wand at the keyhole, muttering under her breath. Her spell hit the right target and the door clicked opened in front of her. When she entered the house, a grey-haired witch stood up from a chair by a hearth. Her shadow swayed lit by a flame which had just blazed up.

Perturbed, she asked, "Who are you?" Her half-finished novel fell from her lap onto the floor with a thud.

"I can't tell who I am. Where is the child?" Her voice was clear in spite of her mask.

The old nurse straightened herself up. "I can't tell you if you conceal who you are. Take off the mask!" Pulling her wand, she tried to cast a disarming charm.

Morgana was faster. She muttered, 'Imperio' and asked again, "Where is Bellatrix Lestrange's daughter? What's her name?"

The nurse looked at Morgana with vacant eyes and answered, "Schloss Heidelberg. Her name is Verina Schlusser. A keeper of the jailers, Blau's adopted daughter."



---------------------- ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------

Harry and Ginny were staring at the sunset hand in hand on the bench in the Quidditch pitch. It was a beautiful evening at Hogwarts. His cursed scar was cured and Hogwarts rebuilding would be finished soon. There was a hope for the future. Feeling her soft skin in his hand, he wondered if it was too early to talk about what their future might hold. For Harry, this meant his future family. They might work or study before getting married, but he couldn't stop being lost in thought of his future family. It was his earnest desire. His dream was to build a happy home he had lost for seventeen years.

Ginny leant against his shoulder. She was still gazing at orange glow in the sky. This was the time.

He spoke, "Hey, have you ever thought of the future?" His heart started beating faster. He found the idea of confiding his dreams with her terrifying, and wondered how his father had dared to propose to his mother. He must have prepared everything, like an engagement ring or a place to live together. Harry had Grimmauld Place and he might be able to find fancy jewelry for Ginny in the Potters' vault at Gringotts later. He said to himself in his mind, it was just research before preparing everything. If Ginny didn't like Grimmauld Place, he would find a better place. "If you get an offer from Holyhead Harpies, will you move to Wales after Hogwarts?"

Ginny sighed, "Before that, I have to get NEWTs. Aren't you going back to school this year?"

"I don't know. Kingsley hinted that some of us, who fought against Death Eaters could skip NEWTs and could be assigned to Auror training in the Ministry."

"So you and Ron will do that."

"What do you think?" Harry tried searching what she felt right now staring at her chocolate brown eyes he admired so much. As he expected they stared back straight to his green ones.

"It's your life. Why should my opinion matter?"

"Won't you miss me?"

"I won't, if you promise to send me an owl every week." She smiled brightly.

"I promise. I can't promise I will write a longer one though."

"Good. I'll ask my dad to buy me a new owl for this. I guess he can as he will be promoted in the Ministry, and I am the only child who goes to school this year. All mum worries about is me. So my parents can afford a new owl."



--------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------

Har ry had a weird dream last night after the first training session in the Ministry.

His father, James held a baby in his arms and talked to him, "Harry, remember me. That star is me." He pointed at a twinkling silver star in the sky.

Perfect black velvet wrapped a father and a son. The gentle breeze sometimes passed by and ruffled the two messy jet-black hair. Innumerable constellations scattered in the heavens above. Among them, he found a bright star and told his son it was him.
Crickets repeated singing and pausing. He listened, fascinated to the chirping of the insects in the thick grass. Like their music was a prelude, Lily in the kitchen began humming while she was preparing dinner. Her soprano voice was really beautiful and he felt Harry purr in his arms. Listening to her song, James tried to tell himself their decision was right. A secluded life gave an impression of a narrow, closed world. He hated unsociable daily life, but it was just for Harry. They had to protect him from any harm no matter what. It was his fate to choose such a runaway life for his son since he heard a prophecy from Dumbledore.
In darkness, something moved. Without his noticing it, the chirping of the insects died out. A snake slithered away through the grass. It seemed ominous and he held Harry tight. He was not sure that he was ready for facing Voldemort. There were many what ifs. What if James chose to run away with Lily to America before going back to England from Ireland? What if Sirius succeeded in persuading that Druidic chieftain to harbor them? What if Voldemort targeted Frank and Alice's son? James shook his head and talked to Harry again. "It's your fate, Harry. Are you ready for your fate? I still can't believe the prophecy. I can't imagine my treasure, this little Harry will defeat the Dark Lord in the future. Hey, little soldier, are you listening?" He brushed gently against his son's puffy cheeks. Harry kept staring at James quietly with his cute round eyes. "Your eyes are just like your mother's. So beautiful, like emerald green Ireland's hills." Then his eyes caught the same bright star he found just before. He felt like repeating the same words. "There, that star is your father's. If I don't survive, it will watch what you are going to instead of me. Don't worry. Dumbledore will protect you no matter what. The Order are doing their best right now." Though he had defied Voldemort three times already, he didn't have confidence he would be able to survive next time. Especially that night. A quiet and unspeakable fear was creeping up on him and he felt disinclined to boast about his dueling skill. If Lily was there, she would have said it was unlucky to tell Harry to remember the star in the sky as his father's. But his uneasy feeling, fear for death let him do that. It was unbearable to imagine infant Harry and Lily left alone after he died. As if he tried to delete such an awful figment from his mind, he kept staring at the twinkling star among the Milky Way.

"James, are you still there? The evening breeze is getting chilly. Harry may catch a cold. Come inside. Dinner is ready," Lily called. She was wearing a white apron and standing there smiling at them. She took Harry from him, held the child in her arms and kissed him on the forehead. "Good boy, Harry. You didn't cry with your Daddy." She looked up and said to James, "Go ahead and eat dinner. All is set on the table. I'll feed him first."

"Harry didn't cry at all. It may be about time to try baby food?" James suggested remembering his son's birthday was coming.

"Not yet. My breasts are bursting." She smoothed Harry's untidy black hair. She chuckled, "Look at his hair. It looks just like yours. So thick and messy."

"Not the same as mine. His is softer." He smiled back.

When they entered the house, James cast a Warming Charm on the soup and sat on the sofa. He was going to wait for Lily. He wanted to have dinner with her. Lily began breastfeeding Harry. It was adorable to watch the tiny hands placed on his mother's breast and the little infant be absorbed in sucking milk. James tried to remember his infant days. His mother Euphemia Potter might have fed him, but he was not sure she breastfed him. Anyway she brought him up with her full affection. His father Fleamont was more lenient with him. He remembered Euphemina sometimes complained Fleamont had bought him anything he wanted. Euphemina was stricter than Fleamont concerning about home discipline. He chuckled, imagining Lily would scold him when he bought Harry any toys he would want.

"What are you laughing?" Lily looked up and asked him with curious look holding Harry.

"I've been thinking to ask Sirius to buy tons of toys in Diagon Alley."

"Oh, James. Don't spoil Harry. I don't want him to grow into an arrogant child."

"Like I used to beat Hogwarts?" James teased her.

Lily pretended to be disgusted at his words, but her eyes were not. "James, I told you. I want to bring up Harry to be an honorable man we will be proud of."

"Yeah, I know. He will be braver than any men. The prophecy says he will defeat the Dark Lord. I just want to show how I love him."

Lily looked stiffened at the words, "The prophecy". She said quietly, "Don't say it aloud. It's harsh to charge him with such a heavy task. I don't want to admit what professor Dumbledore said."

Harry in her arms was going to sleep. James stared at his innocent face for a while and said quietly, "Lily, it's a reality. You admit or not, I fought Voldemort three times. If I fail next time, Harry has to face him."

"He is still a baby! How can he duel him? Don't say you will fail next time. You will survive next time, too. If you were to die…" her voice turned to fade and she hung her head with tears in her eyes. Holding Harry tight in her arms, she stood up. Without saying a word to James, she climbed the stairs to the nursery.

James sighed and stood up and sat at the table on which a bowl of cold soup was waiting after Warming Charm ran out.


The memory was so sad to remember. His father died and became the star. What he said in the dream came true. Harry wondered if the things in the dream really happened while he was a baby. Maybe it did. He felt like he had had the same dream a few times since he pored over asking Ginny about their future before he left Hogwarts for training. He was sad that his parents in the dream didn't look happy. He reached his hand to the photograph on which they were waving and smiling at him. "Dad, mum, thank you for giving me a life. I was happy with you even for a very short time." And he gave a big sigh.

------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- -----------------------

Verina stared at the picture Morgana handed her. It was difficult to take in her words about her mother, the dead Death Eater in Britain. She knew she had been an unwanted child from a noble family. Her foster father told her about it. However, she had just imagined that she was born after the one of her parents had been two-timing the other. Now she wished her imagination had been true. She didn't want a mother who was a Death Eater. And this Morgana told her that her mother was killed during the battle at Hogwarts. She didn't feel emotional angst about the fact at all.

"You'll see soon, Verina. Soon your biological father will be given a life sentence in Azkaban. You need to claim for an heir to his property as a legitimate child. Lestrange will arise again."

"I don't want to be a criminal. No." She shook her head, when her black velvet ringlets danced on her shoulders.

Morgana scoffed at her and spoke, "I'll teach you everything to get power in Britain. Enjoy the secrets of ancient magic. You'll be soon enthralled by it."

Verina's innocent black eyes stared at her. Morgana stared back. "My little kitten, I'm your mentor. I came here to help you out. Will you be satisfied with life here?"

"No, I can't go with you. I have a baby in my belly." Verina stroked her stomach.

"Poor child, her father ran away after he gave you the baby." She touched Verina's forehead and read her mind and said, "You are adept at making potions. You enchanted the young man in the same way as Tom Riddle's mother did. Do you want the child to be rotten in this dark, shady dungeon as an unnamed keeper of the jailers?"

Verina didn't think that way. She closed her eyes and meditated on it.


Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear