Search:

SIYE Time:22:54 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Albus Potter and the Deathly Hallows
By JetLaBarge

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 77
Summary: Albus has his challenges during his first year. Cleopatra is obviously his soulmate, and has brilliant insights into magic, except she cannot do it like anyone else. Albus has to help her while keeping peace between the two brightest and most competitive students at Hogwarts, Scorpius and Rose. It doesn’t help that people are out to get Albus. Harry is not sure he can keep everyone safe. Then you have Ginny and Cleopatra.



Hitcount: Story Total: 79032; Chapter Total: 2728
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
When I have to rip out part of what I wrote, and rewrite parts of several chapters, I know I have a good team of Beta readers. Thank you, Arnel, for this chapter, and to FriendofMolly for previous critiques.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Sunday morning Miles Urquhart sat next to Albus at breakfast. Miles said, “Thank you for agreeing to be our Seeker this year.”

“I have not been chosen yet,” Albus said. “Who was your Seeker last year?”

“The last three years Archana Lucy was Seeker, but she was just awful. She never came close to catching the Snitch,” Miles said.

“How did she get on the team?” Albus asked. “Who else tried out?”

“Hanley said Prefects run Slytherin,” Miles said. “They do. They give us the candidates, and they are all their favorites. I’m sick of losing because we have an awful team.”

“After what I said Friday I cannot imagine they will allow me to be on the team,” Albus said.

“Figure this is my way of helping your revolt, Potter,” Miles said. “I’m Pure-blooded, and am not going to make too many waves, but what they have done to the Quidditch team is pathetic.”

“Who else do we have on the team?” Albus asked.

Robert Rosier and Victor Vasey are Chasers. Terrance Teddy is the third Chaser, but he is terrible too.”

“Abraham Sanford plays Chaser on the games at our summer house, and he is pretty good.” Albus said. “He is never going to play professionally. Has he been asked to try-out?”

“He never will be asked. He’s not a Pure-blood fanatic,” Miles said. “You and I can ask him, though.

“Tom Gudgeon was a Beater, but he seemed more interested in attacking the opponents with his Beater Bat than playing the game. After a couple of suspensions he is forbidden from being on a broom anywhere near the Quidditch pitch.

“Victor Vasey is the other Beater. He is good enough.

“Giles Bletchley is the Keeper. He is pretty good, but because the other players are not he has way too much work to do.”

“All boys?” Albus said. “Except for Lucy.”

“Tradition,” Miles said. “Lucy is terrible, but at least she is better than a couple of the other people who have tried out the last few years.”

“Let’s ask Abraham right now,” Albus said.

They went over to where Abraham was having breakfast. “Sit down, Sanford,” Miles said as Abraham was getting up.

“Hi, Abraham,” Albus said.

“Pretty gutsy, Albus, taking on the whole culture of Slytherin,” Abraham said.

“Call me Al, “Albus said.

“Call me Abe, then,” Abraham said.

“I’ve seen you play Chaser at the games at the New Burrow,” Albus said. “Would you like to play for Slytherin?”

“I’m at least as good as the idiots they have had last year. I guess I could get better with practice,” Abe said. “I will never be invited to play. I understand that the Prefects choose all the candidates.”

“That is about to change. Be at the Quidditch pitch right after lunch,” Miles said. Miles then said to Al, “We still need another Beater, and I don’t trust any of the people Tom has suggested. I’m afraid we will have another Gudgeon on our team. Do you have any ideas?”

“Roxanne Weasley is a pretty good Beater, but she is fifth or sixth on the Gryffindor team, and she never gets to play. I could ask her,” Albus said.

“Let’s do it,” Miles said.

It took an hour for Al to find his cousin, but the cousins he met helped, and eventually they tracked her down. Al ran into Cleo once, and they touched minds. Cleo was fully into meeting other people, and they promised to meet later.

“You were looking for me, Al,” Roxanne said.

“I understand that you would like to play Beater for a house team at Hogwarts, but so far haven’t had much time in the air.”

“I’m not likely to get much time this year either,” she said.

“I can guarantee you a full Quidditch season,” Al said. “All you need to do is play for Slytherin.”

“I’m not going to play with Tom Gudgeon,” Roxanne said. “He is a bully.”

“You would be taking his place,” Miles said. “We really need a decent Beater, and from what Al says you are good enough. It’s not like we are going to win the league, unless Al is a lot better a Seeker than James, but at least we will not be embarrassing.”

“They are both good, but James is a better Seeker, and is pretty fanatical about the game,” Roxanne said. “Al, I would really like to play, but not for Slytherin! If I helped you it could cost Gryffindor points. I am really sorry..”

“There has got to be somebody we can get,” Al said. “Who else is a good flyer?”

“Patsy Hepplewhite is a good flyer said Miles. “He is a second year. His mother and grandmother teach flying.”

“Why has he not been asked?” Al asked.

“He is only in his second year, and he is small,” Miles said.

They finally found Patsy. Al had noticed this very small person at the Slytherin table, and he thought it was a girl. Miles looked at Al when they found Patsy, but Al nodded at Miles indicating that Miles should do the talking. Albus did not want to act like he was trying to take over.

Miles said, “Patsy, would you like to play Quidditch this year? We really need another beater.”

“Sure, I would love to play,” Patsy said. “Is Lucy going to be seeker again? She is not very good.”

Miles said, “Albus is going to be our seeker. Abraham Sanford has seen him play. He is almost as good as his brother.”

“Count me in.” Patsy said.

“I’ve got this Quidditch pitch game,” Miles said. “I guess your brother has one too, and he uses it to show plays. I’ve never been that successful in working it.”

Al said, “I know how to work it. I’m not as good as James, but I can show plays with it. Why don’t we bring it out to one of the Slytherin tables in the Great Hall. Maybe some of the other people will join us, and we may even get a new recruit to two.”

The boys set up the Quidditch pitch, and Albus started to explain some of what he knew about basic offensive and defensive positions. Gradually the rest of the team members came over to listen, as Al and Miles talked about the strengths and weaknesses of each team member, and how they need to play to compensate.

Shortly before lunch Archana Lucy showed up. “Getting ready for Quidditch, Miles?” she said.

“If it is acceptable to you I would like to have Albus be the Seeker this year,” Miles said. “You saw how good his brother was last year, and from what I understand Albus is almost as good.”

“Hanley wants to make sure that only Pure-blood wizards are on the team,” Archana said. “He even wants Gudgeon back on the team. I don’t even want to play if I have to play with that brute.”

“Who do we have to choose from?” asked Miles. “I wish we had a list of students in the dorm.”

“I have a class list,” Albus said. “Does anybody want a copy?”

Everybody did, and Albus made everyone copies, and more copies that people could give to roommates. When she looked at her list of students Archana Lucy shook her head and said, “Tom R. is going to be furious, Potter.”

“For having a class list, or for duplicating it?” Albus asked. But Lucy just shook her head.

“You still need another Beater,” Lucy said.

“They recruited me,” Patsy said. “I’m even pretty much Pure-blooded..”

“You can get away with that?” Lucy asked. “Your grandmother Hooch married a Muggle.”

Al said. “We are going to try.”

At this point lunch was served, and as they all ate lunch they kept on going over Quidditch strategy.

When lunch was over Tom Hanley swaggered over and said, “LUCY, still our Seeker?”

“I don’t think so, Tom,” Archana said. “Albus is a much better Seeker than I am, and I’m tired of losing and making a fool of myself.”

“WE SAY who can be on the Quidditch team, and we don’t allow mouthy filthy Mudbloods on the team,” Tom said.

Miles got up and started to yell, “BACK DOWN, YOU ARROGANT BASTARD. SOME OF US WANT TO WIN, OR AT LEAST NOT LOOK LIKE IDIOTS LOSING.”

Al sat silently while the other members to the team started to argue with Tom. Finally Professor Ollivander, the Slytherin head of house, came over to the table.

“Prefects pick members of the Quidditch Team,” Tom Hanley said.

“It has nothing to do with talent in playing Quidditch, or I never would have been picked as Seeker,” Archana Lucy said. “Miles and Albus have picked a better Quidditch team than Tom and his gang.”

“Albus as Seeker, Abraham Sanford as another Chaser since Al has seen him play. Patsy Hepplewhite is our second Beater, because we just don’t have another candidate, and do not want another thug like Gudgeon,” Miles said.

Professor Ollivander said, “Tom, the team has been terrible the last seven years. We have to do something. Let Miles have his way, for now.”

No one said anything else. Albus eventually had them playing four on four Quidditch, with Al as a Keeper, one Beater and two Chasers on a side. Even though Terrance Teddy was pretty weak as a Chaser, he still helped in practice.


When practice was over Al thought he really needed a good broom, ideally a really good broom. His parents had purchased James a Student Firebolt Quidditch model, a reasonably expensive broom, when he made Seeker for the Gryffindor team last year. The best broom he could think of was his mother’s old Firebolt Special Edition, but he would need to get the Firebolt company to make a number of adjustments to make the broom work for him, and he could not expect his mother to loan him the broom and spend more money on adjusting that broom than the cost of a new broom like his brothers. Al was in Slytherin for a reason; he was capable of scheming with the best of them.

To his mother he wrote;

Dear Mother,

I have been made Seeker for the Slytherin Quidditch team. The team is horrible, but we have a few good players and with work we should have an acceptable team in a year or two. The biggest problem I have is that I need a good broom. I really hate to ask you to pay for another new expensive broom after buying one for James last year. I have not asked you for anything special since I was sorted into Slytherin, but if I could use your Firebolt Special Edition during my student years I would really appreciate it!

I know that the broom needs to have the Firebolt Broom Company adjust the broom for my size and position. If I can get them to make the adjustments free of charge could you please seriously consider loaning me the broom? It would be very special and nothing would make me happier right now.

The more students I meet the more I appreciate how lucky I am to have such loving and caring parents. I will understand whatever decision you make.

Al


To the Firebolt Broom Company he wrote;

Dear Firebolt Broom Company,

My name is Albus Severus Potter, and I am the second son of Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley Potter. I am the first person in the Potter or Weasley families to have been sorted into Slytherin as far as anyone can remember, and am now the Seeker for the Slytherin Quidditch team. I will probably be playing against my brother James as Seeker for the next six years, a rivalry that should make the Quidditch news.

I am trying to get permission to use the Firebolt Special Edition you sold my mother, and that she used so successfully as a chaser for the Harpies. I would appreciate it if you could do my family a favor and adjust the broom for me free of charge. In return if there is anything I can do for you just ask.

I know you have been trying to develop a better market for used Firebolt Special Brooms. What better publicity could you have than to have a small eleven year old in a different position use a famous broom from a famous player.

If there is anything else you need from me please ask.

Albus Severus Potter



Sunday evening Ginny received and read the letter from Al and showed it to Harry. “I haven’t been able to fly since my accident,” said Ginny. “If he can get the Firebolt Broom Company to make the adjustments for free there is probably no harm in letting him use the broom. I do feel a little sorry for him not being with his cousins.”

Harry looked at Ginny and said, “Al is one gutsy wizard to ask for that” broom! Let’s see what the Firebolt Broom Company says.”

Albus was in Slytherin for a reason, thought Harry. Albus was always a surprise. James, for all his almost exclusive focus on Quidditch, had actually turned out to be a reasonably good student and a nice, easy to raise child. Lily was their wild child. Albus, he was strange. In all honesty Albus was Harry’s favorite, the one who would talk to Harry about everything, and who was really interested in everything that Harry or anybody else was doing.

James, now James was maybe Ginny’s favorite. Long after Harry was tired of talking about Quidditch, James and Ginny could talk about some obscure part of the game.
Reviews 77
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear