Search:

SIYE Time:18:15 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Albus Potter and the Deathly Hallows
By JetLaBarge

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 77
Summary: Albus has his challenges during his first year. Cleopatra is obviously his soulmate, and has brilliant insights into magic, except she cannot do it like anyone else. Albus has to help her while keeping peace between the two brightest and most competitive students at Hogwarts, Scorpius and Rose. It doesn’t help that people are out to get Albus. Harry is not sure he can keep everyone safe. Then you have Ginny and Cleopatra.



Hitcount: Story Total: 79246; Chapter Total: 2583
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Reviews keep fan fiction writers writing. Thank you to everyone who has written a review. Arnel has again helped shape part of this chapter, plus correcting some stupid mistakes.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Professor Umbridge finally wanted the students to do real magic, and he told them, “Each of you has a feather. You need to do these wand motions,” and he showed the wand motions, “and say ‘Win-GAR-dium Levi-o-sa’ loudly, and you should be able to raise your feather.”

Al and Cleo both silently raised their feathers. Al had practiced saying the spell and holding down the feather, which wanted to fly away unless somehow he controlled the spell.

Finally Professor Umbridge confronted Cleo, who was silently moving the feather up and down. He said, “I told you to say LOUDLY so I could hear, ‘Win-GAR-dium Levi-o-sa,’ and wave your wand boldly in your RIGHT HAND.”

“Professor Umbridge,” Cleo said. “I’m left handed. My left hand IS my right hand.”

“DO NOT CONTRADICT ME,” Professor Umbridge yelled, pointing his wand right at Cleo’s chin. “Put your wand in your right hand.”

Cleo moved her wand to her right hand.

Professor Umbridge then said, “Say the spell clearly and loudly!”

Cleo was terrified, and she cried out, “Win-GAR-dium Levi-o-sa,” while boldly waving her wand with her right hand.

Everyone in the room flew up to the ceiling as did everything in the room.

Albus tried to see what Cleopatra was thinking. Usually he could see the lines of power, and they were more like, well, they were not exactly black, but they were sort of an “other black” sort of colour. This time Al saw what looked like red outlined white lightning pouring out of Cleo’s wand, and she was having a very hard time controlling it. She finally grabbed the wand with both hands. The lightning seemed to be getting bigger, and Al thought he could feel the castle shake.

Al thought to Cleo, ‘Calm down. Calm down. I will get the people down. Just let me take a little of your power at a time.’

Albus used his wand, and let himself down. Then he started to go around the room, area by area letting all the people and things settle back to the floor. Albus had no idea what he was doing, but the wand seemed to be showing him how to go about gently lowering everyone and everything. He was very grateful that he had the Elder Wand; Albus did not think he could have done anything with his old wand, the spell was that powerful.

Meanwhile, Cleo was shaking, the red bordered lightning still fiercely pinning Professor Umbridge to the ceiling.

Professor McGonagall, Professor Ollivander, and Professor Appleleaf came running into the room. They saw Al getting people down, but could not see how he was doing it. At least the castle had stopped shaking. Professor McGonagall conjured her Patronus to tell everybody that the situation was under control.

Just after Professor McGonagall sent her Patronus the Elf Galadriel Lothlorien and the goblin Thorin Oakenwand came into the room.

Professor Umbridge was still mad at Cleo, and everybody could tell. Cleo was so upset that she was shaking, although Al was trying to calm her. After Al successfully lowered everybody and everything else, he took his left hand and held her right hand, and then put his wand next to her wand and together they let Professor Umbridge down.

“SHE DIDN’T DO THE SPELL THE WAY I TOLD HER TO DO IT!” the Professor yelled as he settled down on the floor, bottom first, before awkwardly getting up.

“That’s obvious,” Professor Appleleaf said. “I thought she was going to levitate the whole castle. That is one powerful spell.”

Cleo said, “I tried to tell Professor Umbridge that I could not do it the way he wanted; He wanted me to use my right hand. I cannot control this wand with my right hand. The three cores fight.”

“No wand has three cores,” Professor Umbridge said.

Professor Ollivander said, “That one does. Cleopatra is rather remarkable if she can control it. Are you full-blooded?”

Cleo said, “I’m just fat. I’m not full anything. I can do the levitation! I just have to do it my way.”

Professor Umbridge said, “She has to learn to do the spells EXACTLY the way I teach them.”

Professor Appleleaf asked Cleo, “Miss Smith, my husband says you have done all the Transfiguration assignments. Is that right?”

“Yes, Professor,” Cleo said.

“Have you done any of them exactly the way the rest of the students have done them?” she asked.

“I don’t think so, but I DO them,” Cleo said.

Professor Appleleaf said, “I would expect that doing the spell is the most important thing, and if a student has to do it a little differently, I do not have a problems with it, and I know Professor Tom Appleleaf does not have a problem with it either.”

Professor Ollivander said, “I agree. I’ve studied enough wand lore to know that the best witches and wizards control their wand quite differently than the ordinary young witch and wizard. The important lesson is to do the spell.

“Miss Smith, may I see you levitate some things, the way you want to do it.”

Cleo levitated a feather, then three feathers. She levitated a desk, and then gently put it down. She levitated a piece of chalk, and drew on the chalkboard with it. She drew lines, and then put feathers on the board. The lines were a musical staff, and the feathers formed a cord.

“What IS that, Miss Smith?” interrupted Professor Umbridge.

Cleo said, “G minor diminished.”

“WHAT?” Professor Umbridge asked. “I need a clearer explanation than that.”

Cleo did something else to the lines, and then said, “It is a G minor diminished cord on the treble clef.”

“What kind of magic is that?” Professor Umbridge demanded.

“It is music notation, not magic,” Cleo said.

The feathers moved as if Cleo was playing a song, and she hummed along with the notation on the board.

“Muggle noise,” Professor Umbridge said. “I do not want any noise like that in my classroom, NO MUSIC noise.”

Al had concentrated on what Professor Umbridge was saying, but he went back into Cleo’s mind. It was an extraordinary experience. He could SEE the magic, and it was light blue and had a melody, and all sorts of things began to make sense. Al knew that if he did the spell again it would be easier, and better, because of what he saw. However, he knew he would not see the colours and music and four dimensional quality of the magic, at least not the way Cleo saw it. That was Cleo, really different, but, Al didn’t have another word for it, really MAGICAL.

“How can I teach a student who doesn’t do what I tell her to do?” Professor Umbridge asked.

“See if she can produce the desired results, even if she does it differently,” Al said. “That is what we are doing in Transfiguration, and it is working very well.”

“Are you going to teach her, Mr. Potter?” Professor Umbridge asked. “You don’t know the spells yet.”

“I am having a little trouble with some of the seventh year spells, but I know how to do every spell in the beginning books,” Albus said. “I can teach Cleo, if that is what you want me to do.”

“It takes YEARS of practice to do all those spells,” Professor Umbridge said. “What did you do to have YEARS of experience?”

Albus didn’t say anything. He obviously had said too much.

Finally, Professor McGonagall said to Professor Umbridge, “Let Mr. Potter teach Miss Smith. As long as both do the spells that should be good enough.”

Professor Umbridge had a big scowl on his face, and Albus could tell that the idea that he could not enforce strict rules on how to do spells was not something he was in favour of.

Galadriel said to Cleo, “You and Albus should meet us after dinner.”

Cleo nodded in agreement. Then the Elf and goblin left. Shortly after, the rest of the teachers left, leaving Professor Umbridge alone with his students. From then on he treated Cleopatra and Albus as if they were made of glass, making it clear that he found giving them special treatment extremely distasteful.

By the end of the night the almost everyone at Hogwarts knew that Cleopatra Smith had almost levitated the whole castle

*

Galadriel went over to the Gryffindor table after dinner, and met with Thorin. They then went over to Cleo, who asked, “May Rose come along with me?”

Galadriel said, “Yes, I think that would be a good idea.”

The group then went over to meet with Albus and Scorpius, and they were led to the Elf quarters in the basement of Hogwarts.

Galadriel asked Cleo, “May I see your wand, please?” Cleo took out her wand, and let Galadriel examine it. Then she asked Al, and he let the Elf examine his wand.

“I need to call for help,” Galadriel said, and she conjured up something that may have been a Patronus Charm, or something like it. The image was of Galadriel herself, not an animal, but otherwise it was identical to the way the Patronus Charm worked.

Within a quarter of an hour three female Elves were there. Galadriel explained, “All Elf prophets are female.”

The Elves examined the wands, and then Albus and Cleopatra. They then borrowed Cleo’s wand and examined all four students. They then conferred privately with Galadriel.

Galadriel then said, “The Elder Wand is the second wand of the Magi. The first is in the hands of Cleopatra’s great-grandmother. The wand that Cleopatra wields is almost as old as the other wands, however, and has its own special powers.

“Rose, Scorpius, you are neither especially blessed nor cursed, except as you stay friends with Albus and Cleopatra. Prophesy is no guarantee of long life, or success, but we believe both await you.

“Albus, you know all too well that you are the subject of prophesies. Cleopatra is also. You have a most difficult journey, but if you survive and succeed you will make it possible for all the Magi to have a better life.

“Cleopatra, Magi with your power have gone crazy when they did not learn how to control it. Your wand has also been abused by witches who could not control it. Be careful.”

Cleo said, “Albus will help me.”

Galadriel said, “It is not enough to rely on Albus. You will have to rely on Rose, and many other people. You are also going to have to learn to control your own emotions.”

“Like not bouncing at people like Tigger?” she asked.

“That is only the beginning of the emotions and magic you are going to need to control,” Galadriel said. “It will not be easy, and you will make mistakes.”

“I will not hurt anyone, will I?” Cleo asked.

“We cannot promise that,” Galadriel said. “Learning to control your magic is important.”

After more talk, everybody separated and went to their own rooms. Albus and Cleopatra knew they would talk about this meeting often over the next months.

*

The last Saturday in October was the Ravenclaw verses Hufflepuff Quidditch match. Albus, Cleo and Scorpius watched from the Slytherin stand. Rose was with her cousins in the Gryffindor section.

Ravenclaw, for all their reputation for intelligence, was not playing a very smart game. Their lack of practice also showed. They were way behind when the Hufflepuff Seeker caught the Snitch.

When the game was over Albus said to Cleo, “I am going to change out of my Slytherin uniform and put on some comfortable clothes. Why don’t you do the same?”

Albus could immediately see tension and frustration in Cleo, so he asked, “What is the matter, Cleopatra?”

Cleo said, “I have a sort of comfortable dress, but it is ugly.”

Albus waited. As they walked back to the castle he could see and feel Cleo’s unhappiness, and her need to talk. Finally she said, “There are some private areas under the Gryffindor common room, areas where you can talk privately.”

When they arrived at the common room Cleo said, “I’m going to put the dress on, and then we can talk.” She went up to her room, wondering why she even agreed to put that UGLY dress on. She saw the book Mrs. Malfoy sent her. Mrs. Malfoy did try, but she was just not really a mother to her, as hard as she tried. Cleo wondered why she was so close to tears. She took the book, and the belt that was supposed to go with her trousers, and feeling very frumpy padded down the stairs.

Albus rose when she appeared, and she led him one flight down to a room maybe half the size of the common room where there were some study areas, and a few comfortable semi-private seating areas. “There are privacy spells around some of these,” she explained to Albus.

“I’m still growing,” Cleopatra said, once they were seated. “I’m getting bigger on top, real breasts and not just breast buds. I don’t even feel good talking to other girls about some of this, and I would never dream of talking to another boy about it, but you are different.”

Albus nodded his acceptance. He was thrilled, but a little concerned, that Cleo would trust him that much.

Cleo continued, “The only other clothes I have just do not fit at all. The blouse is just too tight on top. The trousers are way too small because my hips and thighs are getting bigger too. My Hogwarts uniforms are made to grow with me, but I think I am going to need bigger uniforms next spring.

Cleo put the belt around her waist. “I’m not really getting any bigger around my middle, but everything else is,” she said as she tightened the belt to show Al, then took it off.

Cleo started to sob. “It’s not that I mind growing up. It’s just that I need MY MOTHER, and Mrs. Malfoy tries, but she...”

Cleo spent a little time sobbing, and Al waited, feeling like he was really unprepared for this talk.

Cleo brought out the little book. “She sent me this BOOK, like all she needed to do was to give me information. I just need someone to, well, it’s all so personal, I mean, when you bleed, and have to wear special …

“Al, I don’t know why I can even talk to you about this.

“But I don’t want Mrs. Malfoy to take me clothes shopping again. Rose said maybe your mother would, or your grandmother.”

Al said, “My mother is good at helping people, and sometimes I think that’s most of what Grandmother Weasley does. I will send Mum an owl and see what we can do to help. You really need more clothes.”

“I don’t want to spend another Christmas at that house,” said Cleo. “I like Scorpius as a friend, but it is just so unfriendly there. I hate the tension, the feeling that I am not supposed to be there.

“Even you and I, Al. It is right, but it is not, because we are too young. And I am trouble for myself, but also you, because of all the strange things I see and do. I just don’t really FIT anywhere. Besides I’m big and fat and ugly, and I guess I’m just going to get bigger and fatter and uglier.”

“You are not ugly, and you are not fat, Cleo,” Al said.

“I’m BIG! I’m usually pretty happy,” Cleo said. “Why do I feel SO EMOTIONAL right now? It is like nothing is right.”

“Maybe Madam Swan, or even old Madam Pomphrey, would know,” Albus suggested. “Let’s go there.”

“THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME,” Cleo yelled.

Albus took Cleo’s hand.

“You are just perfect, and I’m this crazy emotional female,” Cleo said.

“Perfect?” Al asked.

“Your emotions are always under control. You always seem to know what you are doing.”

“I try always to be in control. It is partly because I am scared. People have been trying to kill me since I was little. Someone in the Slytherin dorm thought it was great because I had fought and won battles. The problem with winning is that you only have to lose once and you are dead. That is probably why I have tried to learn so much magic so early. I am just really worried.”

“What do the prophets think you are going to do?” Cleo asked.

Al didn’t really want to tell Cleopatra that he might be the next chief wizard. He could not really believe it, and he was aware that if he lived and got to become chief wizard it could very easily come at a horrible cost to him and his family. But Cleo was in his mind, and she said, “Could you really be the next chief wizard?”

“Please do not tell anyone,” Albus said. “There is a lot of sorrow attached to the prophecies, and I am not sure I want the job.”

Cleo asked, “Do you have a choice?”

Al answered, “Not a good one. I cannot run away any more than my father could run away from confronting Tom Riddle. That cost him his parents and his father’s best friends, and all the other people killed in the fighting. He still feels responsible for so many people dying, even though he stopped the deaths.”

Cleo said, “And I am upset because I am just a BIG FAT EMOTIONAL FEMALE with a period that started with a vengeance today, and an ugly dress, and my body is changing.”

Cleo started to sob again, and she and Albus sat next to each other, holding hands, as Al let Cleo cry herself out. Finally she said, “You need to change as well.”

“Come with me to my room,” Al said. They went into the room, and saw that only Albus and Cleo were in it. Albus took off his uniform and put on some casual cloths. He then took out the bag the rings came in.

“I took the other ring, and put it on,” Cleo said, not wanting Al to find out the ring was missing before she could tell him. “Maybe I should have waited, but I really did not want Professor Chen in my mind, and I don’t have any doubts about you and me, Al.

“Al, I NEED you. When I got to Hogwarts there was so much magic, and I am learning so much, that it is scary. I do not know if I could handle it without you. It is you, you in my mind, that is keeping me sane. And the rings are helping.”

Al saw the ring on Cleopatra’s hand for the first time, and realized that talking about getting married someday was only part of the story. In some way they were more than two different people. They may not have been married, but they were more than just two people, but were already some sort of unit.

Cleopatra saw just a little more of the symphony, that incredible harmony, that was her and HER ALBUS, and it was good, and she just wallowed in it.

Albus Severus went to bed worried. He could see a lot more magic, and why it worked, when he was looking at it through Cleo’s eyes. It was just exhausting trying to learn such a new and different way of seeing. It didn’t help that Cleo was a very intense person. Al prided himself on being very cool, collected, and organized. Cleopatra was almost exactly the opposite, intensely passionate and enthusiastic, extraordinarily talented, and with ways of looking at the world and organizing her knowledge, that were strange at the best, and often bizarre.

Al had only known her for a few weeks, but she was already part of him. He could not imagine spending the rest of his life with anyone else. Al thought his parents were soulmates, as were some of the other couples he knew, but what did it mean to be a soulmate when you were both eleven. And he knew, he knew because she told him, but he also knew when they were sharing their bodies most intensely, that Cleo was developing. She wasn’t a little girl, and he could see it and feel it, but he was still biologically a little boy.

Was Cleo going to share in his dangerous adventures? She had come to Hogwarts with an Elf shadow as well. Al had kind of resigned himself to his fate, but the thought of losing Cleopatra was more than he could bear. For better or for worse, she was part of him, and he knew that he was part of her.

Cleopatra went to bed, but had a very hard time getting to sleep. She was seeing and doing more and more magic, and living in a world more and more dimensional than the three dimensions plus she was used to living in, and it was almost too much stimulus for her to handle. The weekly band sessions, and arranging the music, helped. Albus helped a lot, although she was a lot more aware than he was just how much she depended on him. She was sure that without Albus’s help to figure out things she would just go insane, and she did not want to go insane! She wanted to live a long life with Albus and as many children as they could have.

*

The Ravenclaw team had some good players, but did not seem to be able to work well as a team. Shortly after their loss, the Ravenclaw team captain talked to Miles Urquhart. Miles approached the group of first year students while they were studying, and asked Al about helping Ravenclaw. It did not seem to Miles like a good idea, but he felt he ought to at least mention it to Al. To Miles’ surprise Al was excited, and when Miles asked why, Al replied, “First, we do not have enough people to practice, and we will get much better practice flying against them. Second, we will get a better idea of their strengths and weaknesses if we fly with them. And most importantly, I am playing a bigger game than Quidditch, called real life after Hogwarts. Ravenclaw has some of the smartest witches and wizards, and at some time we may want something from one of them, or their parents, or children. The smartest thing we can do is to make friends with them.”

The last statement was a real eye opener to Rose and Scorpius, who were beginning to get a feel for Al’s ambitions. Cleo was just always filled with admiration for Al, and as she got more comfortable in this group of three exceptionally smart and driven people she was getting more confident in herself as well.
Reviews 77
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear