Search:

SIYE Time:9:43 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Phaedra Gaunt and the Room of Requirement
By GinWall

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/PM
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Negative Alcohol Use, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 3
Summary: When eleven year-old Phaedra Gaunt loses her parents and accidently runs across now growm-up Harry Potter and his son James, how will she cope? Is there young romance in the air? Will she be able to find out who she really is in time?

Has violence and a lot of drinking and swearing in later chapters... I'll try to keep it PG-13 for the most part, will switch over to R if it gets too dark or violent :)
Hitcount: Story Total: 2694



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Okay, I tried my best to capture this as best as I could.. If you don’t know, Gaunt was Tom Riddle’s mother’s maiden name, and how Riddle became the Slytherin heir, so on and so forth. Reviews are GREATLY appreciated, Thanks. :)




ChapterPrinter


It was mid-afternoon when eleven year-old Phaedra stepped off the plane and into the bustling city of London, England, dragging her scarlet luggage behind her. “Mo-om! Wait up!!” she called, waving after her dark-haired mother.

“Alright, alright, just don’t make your father wait, you know how he gets when he’s hungry.” her mother said with a chuckle, slowing her pace as her burgundy haired daughter caught up to her. She put an arm over her daughter's shoulders.

Phaedra wriggled out of her mother's grasp and ran forward, her luggage wheels rolling across the tiled airport floor. “I call dibs to pick out the restaurant!” she said enthusiastically and immediately started looking at their options for dinner in the airport.

Phaedra’s dad stopped and stood next to his wife. “Are you sure about this, Stephanie?” he said putting a hand on her shoulder.

“I’m sure, Marv. She is eleven, you know. And I’m sure no one would think we would come back here after everything that happened.” she replied. She looked at her daughter with a twinkle in her eye. She turned around and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Come on!” Phaedra called to them, obviously making a decision. She was standing in front of a Subway, She laughed, and then started running towards the restaurant, her bags behind her.

“We tell her. At King’s Cross. Agreed?” She asked her husband, turning to face him.

“Agreed.” He said softly before running after their daughter. “Come here, you!” he said to her, before running and clutching her in his arms.

“Da-addy!” She said with a giggle.



Phaedra woke up in the hotel room she and her parents had chosen. She ran and pounced onto her parent’s bed. “Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Aaahh!!!” She yelled continually jumping on the two figures on the bed. Today was their last day in London. So far they had visited the London Zoo, several old castles, and overall just explored the city.

Her parent’s groaned, but got up and started their usual morning routine. Brush your teeth, wash your face, change clothes, make sure Phaedra doesn’t drink your morning brew of tea or coffee…

By the time they got to King’s Cross it was late in the afternoon, almost time for supper, and Phaedra was jumping up and down. Literally. Today they were riding a train to Ireland.

“Honey,” Her father started, “Your mother and I need to tell you something..”

“What?” Phaedra asked excitedly, watching her parents reach down to grab something out of their pockets.

“Well, your mother and I are-“before he could finish, a flash of black distanced herself between her and her parents, and when it was gone, so where her parents. “Mom? Dad?” she called. She called them several times, running through the train station, her voice getting louder and shakier every time she called their names.

When she finally looked up at the clock, it was about 9 o’clock. Shaking her head, she laid down on the bench between platforms 8 and 9. Sighing, she fell asleep, her bags as a pillow.

She woke to a start and a train whistle. She sat up and fixed her sweater. ‘Okay, you’ll be fine… It’s September 1st, just find help and you’ll be fine...’ she tried to assure herself, her eyes burning from the unshed tears. Once more she looked at the clock. ‘9 A.M… Okay, we can work with that...’ She looked around and saw a peculiar sight. A blonde boy came around the corner pushing a trolley, followed by presumabley his family. Then, he literally walked straight into the wall between platform 9 and 10! Rubbing her eyes, she saw the family do the same. She quickly followed suit, and without thinking she ran into the wall, her bags in tow. She quickly squeezed her eyes shut.

When she opened them, she was amazed. A fire-red steam engine sat next to the platform. She looked up and the sign said she was at platform 9 3/4. Families where clustered together, almost every kid had a trolley with them. And on those trolleys were the most peculiars sights. Trunks, books, and owls, cats, and frogs in cages, all stacked precariously on the trolleysParents had out wands, and were somehow levitating things. Not looking where she was going, she started walking across the platform but came to halt when she accidently ran into a boy pushing yet another trolley.

“Oh, Sorry!” They said simultaneously. Phaedra observed the boy. He had black hair with a red tint to it. He had a pale complexion and cute green eyes.

“I’m James,” He said, sticking out his hand for a handshake.

“I’m Phaedra..” She said trying to smile, but it came out as a grimace. She shook his hand. “Why are people using wands?” she asked him, cocking her head to the side.

“Oh, well-“ he was cut short when a man, who was probably his father, came and out a hand on his shoulder.

“Catch a cute veela, eh, James?” He asked his son. The man looked almost exactly like James. Same black hair, same green eyes, except this man had a faint lightning shaped scar on his forehead. The man was followed by a red-haired woman, with a child in her arms.

“Oh, no, well, yes.. ugh.” James said, frustrated.

“I was wondering why and how people are using wands.” Phaedra said defiantly.

‘How did a muggle get in the platform?’ Harry thought. “Where are your parents?” he asked, not wanting to answer the question.

“They.. They.. They disappeared. You see, there was this flash, of black, almost like it was riding the wind.. And then they were gone, and I-“ she was cut off by a train whistle, signaling they had twenty minutes until the train pulled out of the station.

‘Death Eaters..’ Harry thought. “Ron, get over here!” He called to a redheaded man who looked seemingly familiar to the woman holding he little girl. ‘What would they want with this girl’s parents?’ “It’s magic. We use wands, to use magic.” He said to the dark-haired girl.

“Magic?” She repeated the words, the feeling odd in her mouth.

“How old are you?” Harry asked, interrupting her train of thought.

“Eleven.” Phaedra said proudly.

Harry chuckled. “Have odd things been happening lately?” he asked her, knowing obviously she was a muggle-born. Ron walked up and just looked at him questioningly. “I think she’s a muggle-born. I think death eaters got her parents, and she just doesn’t know what to do. We should just send her off to Hogwarts and sort everything out there.” He said quietly in Ron’s ear.

“Yeah. Like, the other morning, Mom’s coffee refilling itself, and when we went to the Zoo..” she trailed off in thought.

“Alright then, you’re obviously a witch.” James said excitedly, looking at his dad.

“James, go ahead and board, your mother will help you with your things.” He said to the small boy, then to his wife.

“Blimey Harry, what do we do?” Ron asked him.

“We’re Aurors. We take care of it.” Harry smiled. “My name is Harry Potter, and this is my friend Ron," he said, motioning to his best mate. "We're Aurors, We're like the police. We'll find your parents. May I ask what your name is?” He asked the girl, pulling out a piece of paper and a never inking quill.

“Phaedra. Phaedra Gaunt.” She said, watching James board the train.

Harry’s eyes went wide in horror, so did Ron’s. ‘Gaunt? That means…' He thought,

“Voldemort has living relatives.” He said softly aloud.


Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear