Search:

SIYE Time:6:06 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The princess and the queen
By ginny26

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 12
Summary: Harry and Ginny have three kids, James Albus and Lily, who is a daddy 's girl. One-shots. Dedicated to my best friend, Joanna and my sister Sophie. Love you both!
Hitcount: Story Total: 8143



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first fanfiction and I am from Greece. I write it because I am a daddy's girl like Lily Luna! Hope you like it! Dedicated to my best friend, Joanna and my sister Sophie. Love you both!




ChapterPrinter


“HARRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!”

“Shhhh! Relax, Ginny, breathe! I’m here.” He held her hand and caressed her hair. As the contraction passed, she relaxed on the pillows.

“You are doing great, Ginny,” the healer said.

“Baby, do you want me to get behind you like the other times?”

“Mmhmm.” She was too tired to speak.

Harry pushed her back with his hand and sat in the bed behind her. She rested herself on his body and let her hands lay on his knees as if Harry were an armchair. He kissed her forehead and massaged her shoulders.

“Ginny, you may push now.”

“Aaaaa!” She grabbed Harry’s legs firmly with her hands, sinking her nails deep into his flesh.

“Take deep breaths, Gin! I love you. I’m here. You can do this!”

Once the contraction stopped, she looked at him and smiled tiredly. “Love you too.”

His lips met hers, but she screamed again. Soon, Lily Luna Potter was born. After she was cleaned and had stopped crying, the healer gave her to Ginny. Harry was still behind his wife, hugging her as he touched his daughter’s cheek…HIS DAUGHTER’S!

“She is beautiful, Gin.” He wiped his tears with his sleeve. “Just like you”.

The little girl moved inside her covers and opened her bright brown eyes.

“Hey there, little princess.” Harry smiled at her.

“Mummy and Daddy love you,” Ginny sniffed.

“Very much!” He kissed Ginny’s cheek and got up. Lily started crying again and Harry took her in his arms. She relaxed in her father’s hug and moved her face onto his chest.

Harry held her steady, resting one hand on the back of her head and smiled at her. He rocked her back and forth as she slept.

“I think she is a Daddy’s girl.”

“Yeah.” He wiped his tears again. “Should I call the boys?”

“Actually, I’m too tired. If you want, take her outside.”

“Sure you are going to be OK?”

“Yeah, I’ll sleep. I’m exhausted.”

“OK, I love you.” He gave her a quick kiss. “I’ll be back soon.”

Harry stepped outside hugging little Lily in his arms and they all got up: a wave of redheads, Hermione, Teddy, Albus and James.

“Shhh, don’t wake her up,” he warned them and they all nodded, looking at the newborn.

“She is so tiny,” Teddy whispered and Harry smiled at him.

“Boys, this is your sister, Lily.” He lowered the baby towards James and Al.

“She is so beautiful!”

“Just like Mummy!”

“Yeah.” Harry hugged her close again. “Just like Mummy.”

“Congratulations, mate,” Ron said. “You’ve done well.”

“Thanks.”

“Can we see Ginny?”

“Uum, she is too tired, I think. But we will be home tomorrow.”

“Will you sleep here tonight?”

“Yeah. Hermione, can you keep the boys for the night?”

“Sure. Goodnight... and congratulations.”

Harry nodded and went inside the room again. He put his princess in her bassinet and laid down next to Ginny. She hugged him and put her head on his chest.

“I love you, Gin. Thank you for the three brilliant gifts you have given me,” he whispered and kissed the top of her head. Harry closed his eyes and with the last thought of his beautiful daughter, he fell asleep.


THREE DAYS LATER

Lily made a sound in her sleep and Harry automatically raised himself up.

“Harry, she is fine. Go back to bed before she wakes up and needs to be changed.”

Harry laid down again and fell asleep easily. Lily woke them up every two hours because she needed to be changed or nursed but Harry was overreacting. He loved his daughter and wanted to protect her from everything. Another sound was heard from her bassinet and Harry got up.

“She just has the hiccups,” Ginny moaned.

“Shhh. You go back to sleep.”

He bent down at his daughter’s bassinet and found her awake, staring at him with wide eyes. The hiccups weren’t letting her sleep. Harry smiled at her and she raised her little hands towards him. He lifted her up and put her carefully on his shoulder. “Daddy will make you feel better soon, princess,” he whispered and patted her back waiting for the hiccups to stop. He wouldn’t let anything interrupt her sleep. This was his little girl.

After a while, Lily made the tinniest burp and the hiccups stopped. Harry turned his head and kissed her hand softly. “See? Daddy made you feel better.” He sat with her on the rocking chair and put her firmly on his chest. “Now you will sleep easily.” She made herself comfortable, closed her eyes and sighed as if saying she liked being there.

“You look just like Ginny, princess.” He started rocking back and forth in order for her to sleep. “She likes sleeping on my chest, too.”

After two minutes, she was sleeping on his arms and he put her in her bassinet. After that, he lay on his bed and turned to hug Ginny.

“Am I not your princess anymore?”

“You are my queen.”

“I like the sound of that better.”


FOUR YEARS LATER

The Potter family went outside for a walk on a Saturday afternoon.

“James! Al! Do not run around and stay close to us!”

“Ginny, it’s OK. Let them play.”

“They can play at home.”

“OK, Mummy,” said Albus. He started to walk quietly while Lily held Harry’s hand.

“Daddy, are we home yet?”

“In a while, honey. Why do you ask?”

“I tired.”

Harry smiled and picked her up in his arms. Ginny shook her head as she watched them. He could have carried her all the way to Hogwarts if she asked him to.

“What?”

“Nothing.”

It started getting late and Lily was sleeping in Harry’s arms. She had her arms around his neck and her head on his shoulder.

Once they arrived home, Harry went upstairs to Lily’s room, undressed her, and put her to sleep. He pulled the covers up and kissed her goodnight.

Later that night, Harry woke up because he heard a “Daddy!” Lily was crying.

“What’s wrong, princess?” He got up and wiped her tears. “Who hurt you?”

“I saw a bad dream, Daddy.” She hugged him.

“Shhh. It’s OK, sweetie. Daddy’s here. Don’t worry.”

“Can I sleep here tonight?”

“Of course, princess. Be careful not to wake up Mummy.” He put her between him and Ginny and covered her with the blanket. Soon she was in her father’s arms again, listening to his heartbeat.

“You smell like Daddy.”

“And how does Daddy smell?”

“You smell aftershave and… protection.”

Harry smiled and hugged her tightly. “I love you, princess! Do not forget that.”

“I love you too, Daddy.”

He hugged Ginny too, pulling her towards them and he slept. All was well.
Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear