Search:

SIYE Time:3:17 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


James
By Thatblazinglook

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: Harry comes home from work one wet afternoon to discover something unexpected. But life is always unexpected for Harry Potter, and like all those other times, he finds a way to deal with it.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5661



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
UPDATE 11/23/11: At the moment, this fic is a one-shot, but I couldn't quite stop so I have second chapter that could easily turn into three. Please let me know if you might want to read it, though I may post it even if no one responds... Enjoy!




ChapterPrinter


It was pouring outside, the rain was thudding loudly on the street pavement in front of Number 12 Grimmauld Place and Harry was thankful that he was able to apparate on the top step in front of the door, out of the way of the wet.

   The front door opened with a creak and Harry began to remove his shoes on the mat next to the door to the muffled sounds of rain through the door.

   "Ginny?" he said as he took his coat and hung it on the hook over his shoes. "Gin? How was the healer?"

   He heard no response, so he walked towards the stairs that lead up to the next few levels "Ginny?" he shouted before he heard the clang of glass from under his feet, so he moved across the house and down the basement stairs into the kitchen.

   He reached the bottom step and stopped when he saw Ginny sitting at the large wooden table, her back towards the doorway Harry was in, her eyes were staring deeply into the cup of tea in front of her as though she was thinking intensely about something.

   "Gin?" he repeated her name softly for a forth time. Ginny turned around, not having noticed the room she was in gained another occupant. She looked at him straight in the eyes, her face solemn and Harry got a lump in his throat.

   Ginny had been feeling under the weather for a few days and hadn't seemed to be getting any better, so she had stayed home from quiddich practice today to go to see a healer. She had told Harry she would sent him a patronus if it was anything serious but she hadn't. Even thought that seemed like it would be a good sign, Harry was still a bit tense all day, contemplating continuously whether or not he should just apparate home for a minute to check in on her. He had convinced himself that he was being a bit irrational and had managed to push the uneasiness into the back of his mind as the day progressed, but the look on Ginny's face brought all of that uneasiness back and he feared the absolute worst.
 
  Her solemn face seemed to fade into a soft smile and her eyes glowed as though she was holding back tears deep within. This made Harry feel no better, He felt like she was looking at him as though she thought it would be the last time.

   "What is it Gin?" he said, as he slowly stepped farther into the room not taking his eyes off of her.

   She shook her head, her smile growing wider, her eyes were gleaming still which drowned the smile in what Harry thought was sadness.

   "Gin, just tell me, what did the healer say?" he said as thunder made a particularly loud boom outside, "Whatever it is Gin, we - we can handle it - " even though he still had no idea what it actually was. "Is it - it's not that bad - we've been through wor - "

   Ginny shook her again, as she cut across him with the most unexpected two words, "I'm pregnant". 

   There was a short pause in which the words seemed to hover in the air above them and the initial wave of shock passed over Harry and rain pellets feel loudly outside from what they heard through the tiny window where the wall and the ceiling met.

The shock engulfed Harry and he couldn't move, he was frozen to the scuffed wooden floor.

   It took him only a few moments to get over it, though, and run over to Ginny as she lept out of her seat. Meeting each other in a tight embrace, Harry lifting her right off of her feet; her head buried into his shoulder.

   He was still in a state of shock, but a different one, one where he could move his muscles, all but his brain which seemed to be spinning at the moment.

   It had yet to sink in, all of it, all Harry knew was that he was ecstatic, happier then he thought he had ever been. He placed Ginny's feet back onto the floor and released her from his grip before grabbing her face and kissing her with what might have been more passion than they gave on their wedding day. After several long moments, he finally released her again and looked at her, for what felt like the first time. She was gorgeous and she was absolutely beaming. Her eyes were now swimming with tears, some of which were now leaking out of her eyes and onto her face. Tears, Harry now knew, of joy.
 
  He was beaming too, he could feel his cheekbone muscles stretching farther than he thought they could. They stared at each other and then began laughing, still both smiling wildly as the whole thing began to wash over Harry.

   "Not what you expected, is it?" she said with a chuckle. Harry opened his mouth to respond, but he was lost for words. His eyes widened and the shock he thought had just passed was now clearly displayed on his face as he began to frown in seriousness. He  pulled out and sunk into the dinning chair next to him as he felt himself loosing stability.

   Ginny then began to frown too and she took the chair next to herself and turned it to face Harry's, putting her hand on his own that was resting on his leg. Now Harry wasn't looking at her but rather staring down at the floor, his eyebrows bent in questioning. 

   "I - I'm going to be a - a dad." he finally managed to mutter. It was a statement, not a question.

   "A bloody fantastic one." she reassured, her smile coming back and her eyes still shining. Harry looked up from the floor at her and couldn't help but smile again when he saw her smile. He then leaned forward and kissed her tear stricken face as the rain outside seemed to thicken, pounding on the small window in the basement, but Harry and Ginny couldn't hear it at all.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear