Search:

SIYE Time:17:36 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Yellow Submarine
By hermione19

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB, Three Little Words Challenge (2011-1), SIYE Challenges new, Three Little Words Challenge (2011-1)
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 5
Summary: What would you do if your boyfriend said he loved you in a yellow submarine? Read the rest to find out.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3739



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
First of all, this is my first story....EVER. So take it easy on me. And I welcome comments and constructive criticsm. Also, I got the idea for this story from Spenser Hemmingway in one of his posts on the front page. So partial credit goes to him. Anyways, here's the story. Enjoy :) Also, I've edited two things on here: 1) I changed Ginny's line of "Penny for your thoughts?" to "Knut for your thoughts?" Thanks to everyone who pointed that out to me......many times :) 2) Someone also pointed out to me that in the story, Ginny seems to automatically know about submarines, which she shouldn't. So I changed it to explain, Thanks! and enjoy!




ChapterPrinter


“Harry! Where are we going?” exclaimed Ginny.

“It’s a surprise, you’ll see when we get there.” It was the one year anniversary of the end of the final battle. It was also the one year anniversary of when Harry and Ginny had gotten back together. It went a little something like this…..

* * * * * * *

The wind felt good blowing through her hair. It also helped to clear her head. Too much had happened over the last 24 hours to wrap her head around. So she had come out here to take a midnight flight like she had done when she was little. They always seemed to help her clear her head and put things into perspective.

Suddenly, she sensed that she wasn’t the only one out there. When she turned on her broom, she saw a certain raven-haired boy flying almost right below her. Seeming lost in his own thoughts, like Ginny was only minutes ago.

He also seemed sad, and she knew why. He had also gone through too much to wrap his head around in the past 24 hours. No, the last year, maybe longer. And she knew just how to get him out of his funk.

Slowly, quietly, she descended. Going down till she was flying right next to him, only inches away. And even then he didn’t notice her. Either that, or he just really did not want to see her.

“Knut for your thoughts?” whispered Ginny.

“Wh-what?!” exclaimed Harry, while almost falling off his broom.

“I said, Knut for your thoughts?”

“Oh, um…I was just out flying, looking at the stars. Beautiful night, huh?” Harry said with fake enthusiasm.

“Come on Harry, you can’t fool me. I know you. I’ll bet you 10 galleons that the thought going through your head right now is that so and so's death is your fault,” accused Ginny. When Harry didn’t respond, Ginny continued, “That’s what I thought. Now, I don’t care if you wanna talk or not, you decide, but right now, I could really use someone to fly with. And I think you could too.”

“Why not,” responded Harry. And with that, they flew off. Twisting and turning in almost perfect synchronization with each other. As if it was choreographed. Then, almost simultaneously, they slowed and together they flew over the Forbidden Forest.

“So, are you going to tell me why you’re really out here?” asked Ginny once they had cooled off from their flight.

“Funny, I was just going to ask you the same thing,” he said, trying to change the subject. When Ginny didn’t say anything, he continued, “Fine, you were right. I was out here, thinking. And I do think all those people’s deaths are my fault. I mean they wouldn’t even be dead if I hadn’t come here. And-“ Ginny cut him off.

“That’s the silliest thing I’ve ever heard of apart from Ron saying he’s going to be on the Chudley Cannons some day. How can you even think that? Well, I guess since it’s you…. but that’s not the point. Everyone who fought here tonight knew what they were getting themselves into. And you should be happy right now. Voldermort's gone! You can finally live your life how you want. You’re free! You should be the happiest person alive right now!” exclaimed Ginny.

“I guess you’re right, and I would be happy, it’s just that I don’t know what to now. I never thought of a future after beating Voldermort because I never thought I would defeat him. And now that I have, I’m completely lost.”

The look on his face at that moment completely broke Ginny’s heart. She felt so sorry for him. “Harry, you shouldn’t even be worried about that!” scolded Ginny. “You’ve got all of my family, Hermione, and the entire Wizarding population here for you!” she exclaimed. Then, in a small voice she added, “And you’ve got me.”

She had said it so quietly, Harry wasn’t sure he had heard her right. He was almost positive that she wouldn’t want him back after he had ditched her for a year. Or was she just offering help as a friend? “What did you say?” asked Harry. He wanted to make sure he wasn’t just hearing things.

“I said that you’ve also got me,” she said meekly.

“Really?” he asked, stunned.

“Yes really! You may have been gone for a year. And you may have thought that you wouldn’t make it, but I never lost hope that you would come back. And now that your flying right next to me, it’s talking all my willpower not to smack some sense into you and snog you senseless!” she yelled.

“Well, I have to say that I agree with you.” He agreed. “But not the smacking part,” he added.

“Well in that case….” And since that night, they had been inseparable.

* * * * * * *

“Alrig ht now close your eyes,” said Harry.

“Is all this really necessary?” asked Ginny, but closing her eyes anyways.

“Yes, now follow me.”

“How can I follow you if I can’t see you!” yelled Ginny.

“Here, take my hand,” and with that, Harry apparated them to the beach shore.

“Can I open my eyes now?” Ginny asked impatiently.

“Yes,” replied Harry, laughing at his girlfriend’s impatience.

“Harry? Is that a submarine?” asked Ginny warily. Ginny had learned about submarines in her muggle studies class. And ever since, she had wanted to ride in one. Thinking back, she remembered telling Harry about that. Well, she thought, at least he listens to me, unlike Ron.

“Yup,”

“And what’s it doing here?” asked Ginny.

“Waiting for us,”

“You mean we’re going to go in a submarine?!” exclaimed Ginny.

“Yes. Why, are you too scared?” teased Harry.

“You wish Potter,” and with that, they were off, running towards the submarine. Once they were in and had started going down, Ginny asked him why they were here.

“Why we’re here? Are you serious? We're here because it’s our one year anniversary and I wanted it to be special,” said Harry.

“Works for me,” replied Ginny.

* * * * * * *

3 Hours and 1 Picnic Later:

“I think Kreacher’s food just keeps getting better and better every time,” exclaimed Ginny.

“Yeah, he’s changed a lot since before the war, and I’m not complaining,” replied Harry

“Neither am I,” said Ginny. After that, they both went over to the giant window to look at the sea life swimming by them. “Harry, look at that fish! He looks like a big bubble with needles sticking out of him!” exclaimed Ginny.

“Yes he does,” said Harry laughing.

“And look at that one! He’s got blue and green stripes!” yelled Ginny.

“So he does,” said Harry. “Hey Ginny,”

“Hmm,” said Ginny, distracted by two fish chasing each other.

“I love you,” said Harry casually, as if it was no big deal.

“What?!” Ginny exclaimed. Those three words had gotten her attention.

“I love you,” he said again, bemused at his girlfriends reaction.

“Well in that case, I love you too,” she said.

“And Ginny,”

“Hmm,” said Ginny, once again distracted, this time by a crab fish.

“Turn around,” said Harry.

“Why?” said Ginny while turning around. What she saw was her boyfriend kneeling down on one knee.

“Will you marry me?” asked Harry.


Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear