Search:

SIYE Time:5:52 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Memoirs of a Red Headed Witch
By My Wicked Quill

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Post-OotP, Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Humor, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 136
Summary: Ginny Weasley was always overlooked. Always the youngest, always the smallest, and was never really given the chance to let her voice be heard. But sometimes the best insight comes from those who were always in the background. Her story of redemption, loyalty and love, proves that she was never just the Weasley brothers' little sister.
Hitcount: Story Total: 177817; Chapter Total: 8090
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thanks for getting me on the ballot for the Trinket awards guys!!! PLEASE if you enjoy my story vote for it!!!!!!! oh, and reviewing would be great too!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


" Don't dream too far
Don't lose sight of who you are
Don't remember that rush of joy
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl
Don't wish, don't start,
Wishing only wounds the heart,
there's a girl I know,
he loves her so,
I'm not that girl,”
I'm not that Girl- Idina Menzel

I had always known Harry was a powerful wizard, naturally. But it wasn’t until my fourth year when I saw the extent of it. I never had a doubt in my mind when I signed up to be in Dumbledore’s Army, I trusted Harry, with my life at that point, and I wasn’t going to be left out of something again. I dragged my current boyfriend, Michael Corner into it, but I could tell that after a few meetings he seemed excited too. Things were going magnificently, we learned more in the few weeks with Harry than we had ever learned with any other teacher, well maybe except Remus.

I could tell that Harry had found his calling. The way he beamed at anyone who showed any signs of improvement, the way his eyes gleamed when someone got something right. I’m not sure if anyone noticed, but it was the happiest he’d been in a long while. The D.A. become near and dear to everyone in it, a place where it didn’t matter what house you belonged in, whether you were a pure blood, half blood or muggle born, we were all on the same side.

We were working on Patronesses.

He gave us the incantation and told us exactly what we need to do to perform one.

Harry said we needed to think of a happy memory, the happiest we had.

“So what does the animal it transforms into have to do with it?” Dean Thomas a fellow Gryffindor asked.

“Well, I believe that the animal reflects the power of your magic, like an essence, I suppose.” Harry shrugged, “A full body animal is the hardest to perform.”

“What does yours resemble?” I asked.

Harry turned to me, and smiled wistfully, as though there was something he knew that no one else did. “A Stag.”

I heard a few quiet gasps but I was trying to contain the smile that was stretching across my face. Of course Harry Potter would have a large strong graceful one.

“My father was an animagus; he would turn into a stag; maybe that has something to do with it, maybe not.”

“Can we see it?” I raised my eyebrows motioning towards his wand, “You know, as a demonstration?”

He saw right through me, I knew it but he didn’t comment. “Sure.”

Everyone gathered in front of Harry about a dozen feet away, I could see the Patil twins on their toes trying to see over Neville’s shoulders, as for me, I remember placing myself right at the front in the center. Once everyone got into place it we waited, Harry seemed to be thinking of his happy memory, this seemed odd.

“Don’t you already have your memory?” I asked. “If you’ve done it before…?”

His eyes flashed to my face and I could see the color rising in his cheeks, “Yes well, I like to change it up sometimes, and I kind of have something new to work with…” as he said this he ran a hand through his raven black hair, a sign that showed he was nervous, confused, embarrassed or frustrated. But I could see this time he was embarrassed and the reason being was that of his emerald eyes glancing at Cho Chang. She smiled softly, looking down to her shoes.

The girl drove me mad, had I been in her shoes, I would have beamed at the fact that Harry Potter openly said I made him happy. Of course, she didn’t know him. She didn’t know that it took a lot out of Harry to be happy; his mind wasn’t as full as a regular person’s of happy memories and thoughts. He did indeed have a lot less to work with.

I remember I scowled at her, no one noticed, other than Hermione, of course. And as though she could read my mind she nodded toward the boy next to me.

My boyfriend. Right.

“Anyway,” Harry continued. “It definitely isn’t the easiest spell to perform; it does take out a lot of energy so prepare your selves, and know that when faced with a real dementor, it will be much more intense.”

There was a murmur that flew around at his words, I just caught the tone to be shock that he knew what it was like to fight a real dementor, but I didn’t participate; I watched Harry.

As he raised his wand, with a look of determination and focus, I could tell we were all going to be blown away by this display. “Expecto Patronum,” he stated clearly and sturdy. The words sounded like music out of his mouth either because I was losing it or because there was something so incredible about watching Harry use magic.

It came effortlessly to him most times, I knew that academically, he wasn’t the most impressive, but just the way he moves his wand you can see there’s something there…something special.

As the white light illuminated from the tip of his wand I was entranced by the beauty of it. I remember that moment so well, it was as though everything else around me had faded away and Harry was the only one there along with that lovely light. It grew larger and I could feel the wind from it playing with my hair.

When it grew large enough it transformed into the head of a noble stag, Its antlers spreading far, and coming closer. Then came the neck, the front legs, and finally the body, it came faster and stronger. Until there was a full sized stag of white light before us. The room buzzed with electricity, and the look on Harry’s face so many feet behind it, he was smiling with his mouth and his eyes. It was incredible.

And just as fast as it came, it left. I was sure you could hear a pin drop in the room, everyone was shocked into silence. Harry put his wand down and looked at me, “You see?”

I smiled and bit back a laugh, “I see.”

No one had spoken yet, still not believing what they had just witnessed, Harry Potter’s power, plain and simple. I felt proud of him really, I knew how he needed that spell before, almost getting expelled for it just a few months prior. That’s when I knew Michael and I wouldn’t last. It wasn’t going anywhere, and I knew I wouldn’t let it go anywhere because… I was going to marry Harry Potter.

Hermione decided to speak up next, she was more composed because she had already witnessed this display, as he fought off a hundred dementors two years before.

“Wow Harry; that must have been some memory.”

Damn Hermione.

I had completely forgotten of the vile Cho and instantly I could feel my heart screaming at her for bringing it up. Hermione was smirking at Harry while no one else seemed to notice. Cho was blushing trying to hide her face, but not as much as Harry. I knew what his memory was of course, it was obvious. To this day I still remember that memory.

________________

Just before Christmas Holiday, our last meeting before my brothers, Harry and I left school to spend a few weeks at the Burrow, Harry had been teaching us simple stunning charms. I was working with Luna but couldn’t help noticing the way Harry stole glances at Cho every few minutes, as though he wanted to end the meeting right then and there, but he was too much a gentleman to do that. Everyone was paired off, scattered about the room, and I took a few hits just because Harry was so distracting.

I was jealous, oh boy was I jealous, I wanted him to look at me that way. Even after what Hermione and I spoke about the year before it was still so hard. I put a brave face but that fact that he chose Cho… who was always crying about Cedric, ALWAYS. It was a tragedy and it pains me to think about the night he died. It was terrible, unnecessary, and just horrifying. But Harry needed someone strong to stand beside him, to fight beside him, to keep his head up. Not someone who would crack at any moment, and would need him there every moment to wipe away her tears, and if it wasn’t me well… it had to be someone else. Preferably someone who didn’t think of him as a runner up prize.

I somehow managed to channel all the hurt and frustration into my spell, and with a simple, “Stupefy,” Luna shot up right into the air with a speed that caught everyone’s attention and landed on the other side of the room. Of course she wasn’t hurt the Room of Requirement made sure of that.

But everyone stopped what they were doing to see Luna.

And Harry looked over; his smile almost knocked the air out of me, “Fantastic Ginny!” Everyone gave a quick round of applause before continuing on with their partners.

When the end of the lesson came I saw Cho hanging back in a corner of the room starring at the old photo we had of the original Order of the Phoenix. I rolled my eyes; no doubt she was just fawning over the picture of her ex-love Cedric Diggory that was just next to the other picture. I made to leave the room making sure to stop by Harry who was trying to excuse himself from the Patil twins. I could tell he was trying to be polite. The twins finally took the hint looking back at Cho; they giggled and walked out of the room.

“Great class Harry, as always.” I told him, I expected him to mutter a thanks and walk past me but he surprised me by smiling and resting his hand on my shoulder.

My knees almost buckled as he said, “That was incredible today Gin.” I had gotten used to him being around more so I learned how to control my blush.

“Thanks, that’s a lot coming from you.”

He rolled his eyes a laughed once, “Ginny Weasley, always the joker.”

“Anything to hear you laugh,” I wanted to say, but I didn’t. I was such a ninny.

“I guess I’ll see you later then?” his hand came off my shoulder, and I could still feel the heat of it weighing me down.

He looked over my head and said, “Uh, yes, of course. Bye.”

“Bye-” But he was already gone.

I turned around to see him walking to Cho; she smiled with tears in her eyes…again. I watched for a moment, and then seeing that there was no one else in the room, and I was intruding, I walked out as well.

Fred and George met me outside the room, and as the door sealed itself behind me they spoke.

“Well if it isn’t Miss. I Have a Boyfriend So Don’t Think I Still Like Harry.”

“That’s a rather long and complicated name, Fred.”

“Complicated name for a complicated girl.”

“Too right.”

I tried to walk past them but they followed.

“Sometimes things-” George started again.

“Just aren’t meant to be,” Fred continued.

“Like an extendable ear that does not draw the attention of Hermione’s bloody cat.”

“Or a Nosebleed Nougat that spurts black blood.”

“Or possibly, a Harry Potter and Cho Chang?” George said surprising me. I almost stopped my pace; I thought this conversation was going in a different direction.

“And a Ginny Weasley and Michael Corner?”

I didn’t answer them but I knew they could sense my smile.

______________

But when Harry had performed an outstanding patronus on that memory, I thought, then, that my brothers were wrong.

“I want to try!” Dean called from the back of the audience.

And everyone broke out into a position where they had space. Some got the heads of their patronesses, others just a blinding light… and then there were others. Hermione’s Otter was flying about the room; Luna’s Hare bouncing off the walls, Padma Patlil’s humming bird, Ron’s terrier. I was taking my time thinking of a good memory.

And when I did, of course it had to do with Harry. The look on his face when he saw Sirius, back at Grimmuald Place this past summer. I felt so happy that he had some kind of link to his family, his eyes said it all.

I pictured it clear as a bell in my mind and said, “Expecto Patronum.”

It felt as though something was pulling from me, energy I guess but I saw Harry in my mind, and I could make out a figure coming out of my wand, Hermione gasped somewhere behind me. I paid no mind, it was the first time I had ever seen my animal.

My Patronus was a horse.

And suddenly my memory wasn’t a memory anymore; it was a reality as Harry stood before me shaking his head in awe, grinning from ear to ear.

That Christmas I wished that Harry would notice that a horse is just as graceful and strong as a stag.
Reviews 136
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear