Search:

SIYE Time:9:10 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Win-Win
By St Margarets

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 19
Summary: Ginny suggests a new contest after Harry loses at Quidditch.
Hitcount: Story Total: 8112



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
In honor of the "hawtest" H/G kiss ever in the DH trailer that just aired on MTV, I dusted off this short story. I wrote it for my live journal about two years ago when I was challenged to write a hot kiss. Now after reviewing (many times) the H/G movie kiss, I've upped the heat factor to better reflect the awesomeness that is our ship. Enjoy.




ChapterPrinter


Win-Win

Still glowing from their victory, Ginny stowed her broom on the pegs in the shed.

"That was an amazing play at the end." Hermione handed her the spare broom she had been using. "Ron thought I had the Quaffle and the whole time you did."

Ginny grinned. "We fooled Harry, too."

"Ha. I hope they've learned their lesson."

Ginny's good humor dimmed as she looked over Hermione's shoulder. "I just saw Ron go into the house - sulking no doubt."

"Harry's still in the orchard."

They exchanged significant glances. There was no need to say it out loud. They might have won the witches versus wizards match, but that victory came at a price.

Hermione bit her lip. "I'll go talk to Ron."

"Just tell him that last play was my idea. Or that professional players shouldn't play two-a-side Quidditch in the orchard."

"Really, Ginny. That's not necessary. Ron's ego can handle losing a friendly match."

Ginny snorted. "I'll find Harry."

As she walked to the orchard, she wondered what she would say to cajole Harry into a better mood - or if she even wanted to. They had won fair and square and Harry should just deal with it.

She found him under an apple tree, inspecting the twigs on his broom. "Anything wrong with your broom?"

"No." He didn't look at her. "It's in perfect condition."

"Ah. You're sulking then."

"Am not."

"Yes, you are," Ginny retorted. "Turn around and look at me."

Harry sighed and slowly turned to face her. "See? I'm not sulking."

"Oh? The corners of your mouth are turned down and now you've crossed your arms."

Harry held up his hands and gave her wide, fake grin. "That was a brilliant play. Your side won. I'm happy for you. Okay?"

"Now you're sulking and lying." She grabbed his hands and put them around her waist.

He didn't resist her, but he didn't hug her, either. He just left his hands lying warm and motionless where she had placed them.

"Harry!"

"What?" he said in that plodding, annoying, sulky voice of his.

She almost tore herself out of his arms except she couldn't help but notice that while Harry might be sulking, his body was having a very different reaction to her nearness. A germ of a plan bloomed in her mind as she brushed seductively against his chest. "I think we should have another contest."

His eyes flashed at the contact she initiated, but his sulky tone remained. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why?" She ran her hands up to his shoulders.

"Because you're a worse loser than I am."

"Ha. I don't hide in the orchard and sulk when I lose."

"No, you take it out on me - usually with a Quaffle to the head." The corners of his mouth weren't as droopy. He was starting to lighten up now that he had the last word.

She couldn't decide whether to be offended or not. Yes, she had a bit of a temper - Harry should know that by now.

After a brief pause of enjoying the warmth of the sun on her shoulders and the fact that Harry's eyes were greener than the new leaves on the apple trees that surrounded them, she decided against taking offense. Harry must have also made a decision, because at some point in their silent pause he had pulled her closer.

This was an excellent development.

With that simple gesture, Harry had unconsciously shown her that this was a contest she could win - and better yet - he wouldn't mind if she won. "The new contest is simple. You resist kissing me for one minute."

His expression didn't change, but his hands on her hips seemed to have a will of their own. "Okay." He abruptly stopped touching her. "With two conditions: no body contact and no dirty talk."

She pouted, since she had planned on using both of those weapons.

His grin was genuine as he stepped away from her. "Tell me when to set my watch."

"Sit down first."

With a little smirk on his face, he settled on the ground with his back against the trunk of a tree and his arms casually supported on his bent knees.

Ginny knelt beside him and tried to figure out the best strategy for a swift seduction with so many restrictions. Not impossible, but it was going to be difficult to resist touching him.

"Ready?" he asked, holding up his wrist to show her his watch. The second hand was quivering in anticipation.

"Ready."

The seconds started to tick loudly.

Harry closed his eyes, still smirking.

Git, Ginny fumed. Now she couldn't do anything visual - no slow strip tease - or even a fast one. No licking her lips or any other sensual gestures.

She sighed.

His smile widened at that frustrated sound.

Harry had such a lovely quirk to the edge of his mouth when he smiled. Would it be against the rules if she licked that little corner - just a quick touch of her tongue - right there?

Probably.

She sighed again and carefully took off his glasses, letting the tips slide along his face. Hopefully that felt good and not scratchy.

Then she let her hair trail across his chest as she leaned over him to smell the nape of his neck. If she were allowed to touch him, she would have pulled his shirt open so she could plant tiny kisses along his collar bone and then on to the side of his neck until she finished at his ear. That would have driven him wild.

But she wasn't allowed.

She almost gave into the temptation. Sod the rules. It was torture to be so close - close enough to feel the heat from his neck - and not touch him.

For lack of any other way to reach him, she blew cool air on the sensitive skin of his neck. His immediate reaction was to break out into goose bumps - lovely goose bumps, which should be licked.

But she couldn't lick him - drat it. Instead, she inhaled. He smelled so good - like soap and that tickly dry scent of his hair.

That gave her an idea - Harry liked her hair. Maybe she could use it to make his defenses crumble.

Feeling a little silly, she took a lock of her hair and ran it over the sensitive pads of his lips. It must have felt ticklish, because he took a deep breath and his nose twitched. Fascinated, she did it again, tracing the edge of his mouth with the silky-soft ends. His lips parted.

That look on his face - she knew that look - it was that intense look that meant everything inside of him was focused on this sensation, this moment. Without quite realizing it, she made a little mewling noise in the back of her throat.

His eyes snapped open.

The watch chimes went off.

Before she had a chance to register that she had lost the contest, she found herself sprawled across his lap, staring up into his face. She thought his kiss was going to be as swift as his embrace, but he took his time lowering his mouth to hers.

When their lips finally did touch,he held back in the most tantalizing way, brushing his mouth only against her lower lip. Now she had the goose bumps.

"Harry," she sighed. He had such a nice name to sigh.

"What?" He teased her with his breath and incomplete kisses - all over the edge of her mouth and the side of her jaw and the tip of her nose.

After several sweet moments of frustration, she had enough sense to tangle her hands in his hair so he would be still and she could catch his teasing mouth.

At last - completion. This was the kiss she craved; this was kiss he had resisted giving her. First he tasted her, then she traced circles of wet heat back to him, give and take, barely breathing, the second-best connection in the world.

She sighed when they broke apart, thinking about the best connection in the world.

"Ginny -"

"Let's go," she said. "Your place. Right now."

"Oh, yeah."

She shakily stood up. "We're not mentioning that I lost the contest."

"If you had made that noise two seconds earlier, I would have lost."

She giggled as he took her arm to Side-along Apparate. "I think the standing for this particular match is win-win."

Reviews 19
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear