Search:

SIYE Time:5:48 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ginny Returns
By _kb_

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 212
Summary: What if the war was over, but the only ones left were Ginny and a paralyzed friend? When Ginny finds a ritual that will send her back to an earlier point in the timeline, how will she change things to come out for the better?
Hitcount: Story Total: 84300; Chapter Total: 5662







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 5 - A Contract and a Club

Three days later, fate played a cruel trick on Ginny, or it else handed her present; Ginny was not sure which, but decided to treat it like a present. Professor McGonagall had told her after class that the Headmaster wanted to talk with her after dinner tonight, but when she made it back to the common room, it was to see everyone crowded around the bulletin board. There was a notice everyone was talking about.

“Hey, Harry,” Ginny called out when she saw him.

He turned around all smiles. “Hey, Ginny. Did you see the notice? There’s going to be a Dueling Club. It’s meeting tonight in the Great Hall after dinner.”

Ginny closed her eyes and slowly counted to five. When she opened them, she saw Harry looking at her strangely.

“Who do you suppose will be teaching it,” her brother asked as he walked up with their other friend.

“I heard Professor Flitwick used to be a Dueling champion,” Hermione informed them.

Ginny debated with herself momentarily on what to do, and hoped she was about to do the right thing. “I heard it will be run by Lockhart and Snape.”

Harry’s distaste was immediately obvious, not that she could blame him. Ron did not seem so thrilled now either. Only Hermione still seemed excited to go.

As her brother and other female friend looked at each other and started to bicker over whether they should go or not, Ginny tugged on Harry’s sleeve and pulled him to the side. “Harry,” she whispered. “My meeting with Dumbledore is tonight after dinner. Will you please come with me? I think this would be a good time to ask him about getting the treasure.”

Harry looked torn about what to do, so Ginny gave him her best smile and puppy-dog eyes. He blushed and looked down. “OK,” he finally told her.

She took it as a good sign that she could so easily change his mind. “Thanks, Harry. I promise you won’t regret it.” Glancing over to see that her brother and Hermione were still bickering, she added conspiratorially, “You’ll get to learn a secret about me before they do too.”

He raised his eyebrow to give her a questioning look.

“Sorry, you’ll have to wait until tonight,” she told him with a teasing smile.

“What are you two talking about?” Ron asked, joining them again. Hermione was right beside him.

“Oh, uh, Harry and I have a meeting with the Headmaster to discuss a few things about school, so we won’t be going to the Club meeting with you,” Ginny explained.

“Harry! You can’t leave me like this. You have to come too.” Ron stared at his friend, as if unable to believe what he was hearing.

“Yeah, Harry,” Hermione chimed in. “I thought for certain you’d want to go.”

“Well,” he paused and looked at Ginny. “That was before I heard that Lockhart and Snape were running it. With those two, something bad is bound to happen. You know how it is with me and my luck,” he joked, but his two friends did not go for it.

“What’s your meeting about?” Hermione asked.

Harry looked to Ginny, who answered. “Sorry, you’ll have to wait until afterwards. Besides,” she tried to get the focus off of her, “it’s Lockhart. You know how bad a teacher he is.”

“Ginny,” Hermione huffed. “I don’t understand why you have such a problem with him. Look at all the stuff he’s done in his books.”

“And look how he’s lied in them too,” Ginny countered. “Look at the dates. He’s been in two places at once.” She really wished Remus as around. “And his stories on werewolves, they’re impossible, Hermione. He claims to have held a werewolf down with one hand while he cast a spell to cure it. Both of those things are impossible. Werewolves are far too strong to be held down with one hand; and if he really had a cure, then we shouldn’t have any more werewolves. Ministries from all over the world would be at his doorstep asking for the cure.”

“I still think someone has a crush on him,” Harry said in a loud whisper to Ron.

“I do not,” Hermione loudly protested and blushed at the same time.

Ginny led the laughter of the other three. “Right,” she drawled. “Anyway, it’s time for dinner, let’s go.”

Off to dinner they went. All throughout the meal, Ginny noticed Harry glancing at her and then looking away when she looked up, as if he was trying to observe her without her noticing. She wondered what it was about, but did not really have a clue. Ginny knew what she would like it to mean, but Harry was only twelve and still clueless about girls. Although if her plan worked, it would not be Cho who started cluing him in about girls.

When dinner ended, about two-thirds of the students stayed, including Hermione. Ron decided to go back to their common room, saying he got enough of Snape during class. Ginny just shrugged as she and Harry left to go meet the Headmaster.

Harry was still glancing at her from time to time. Ginny was starting to wonder if maybe he was only trying to guess what her secret was, but she really did not know. When they came to the gargoyle guarding the Headmaster’s office, she gave the password Professor McGonagall had given her. She had barely knocked when she heard “Enter” from inside the office.

As they walked in, she heard, “Welcome, Miss Weasley. Mr Potter, this is a surprise. Would either of you care for a lemon drop?” When they both turned him down, the Headmaster looked at her for an explanation.

“Headmaster, I hope you don’t mind, but I asked Harry to join me because we have some school business to talk to you about. I also wasn’t worried about Harry hearing the answer to my request, since he would hear about it shortly anyway,” Ginny explained.

A smile seeped through the old wizard’s white beard. “I see. Very well, Miss Weasley, if that is what you wish. For your request, while it is unusual, all of your teachers, except for one, agree that you should be able to do this. That one teacher says that your work in his class is merely acceptable, but with enough hard work on your part, you have a small chance of success.”

Ginny gave him a large grin, purposefully ignoring the report of her biased Potions teacher.

“After speaking with your parents, we have agreed to let you join the second year classes at the beginning of the spring term, as you have requested.” He bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement and congratulations.

She turned and looked at Harry, who was looking at her dumbfounded.

“Well, say something, Harry.”

“I… Uh, that’s… Wow! Congratulations, Ginny,” he finally got out. “So, you’ll be joining us in our classes?”

Ginny could not help but give a giddy chuckle, which came out like a cross between a chuckle and a giggle. “Yep. I’ve been so bored in my classes, I though this would be a good way to make them more challenging.” She left out the fact that with a little revising, she could probably take her OWLs and make Outstanding scores. With a lot of revising to remember the theory, she could even pass her NEWTs. She could do her practicals right now, if need be.

Harry looked at her for a few seconds, and then he started laughing.

“What?” she asked.

When he settled down, he said, “I can’t wait to see the reaction from Hermione and Ron. You’re going to tell them tonight?”

She nodded.

“You don’t have to do this, but I think it might be better for you to wait until Christmas break, you know, after our final exams for the term,” he suggested.

That insight surprised her.

“Mr Potter has a point, Miss Weasley,” the Headmaster said. “This would be much more natural after your exams.”

“I’ll consider it, sir.” Ginny turned to her friend. “Thanks, Harry.”

“No problem,” he told her as he shrugged.

“Now, Miss Weasley. What is this other business you wanted to discuss?” The Headmaster serenely looked at her.

“Headmaster, I’d like to present you an opportunity to make some extra money for the school.” Ginny pulled out a rolled parchment and handed it to Dumbledore. “I assume that you and the school’s Board of Governors could use the money to better the school in some way. For example, I would consider the brooms the first years use in their introductory flying classes to be unsafe and needing to be replaced.”

Dumbledore’s eyes twinkled as he unrolled the parchment and began reading.

Ginny saw Harry look at the short document and then look at her questioningly. “I figured this was the easiest way to present the issue.” He shrugged.

A couple of minutes later, the Headmaster put the document down. “So, Miss Weasley. You believe you know where a hidden treasure is here at the school, and you’re offering the school forty percent of the profit after selling it, with another forty percent for yourself, and twenty percent to Mr Potter. There are a few other minor conditions, such as you wanting enough of the material to make two full adult-sized garments, including cloaks, and you want to oversee the ‘harvesting’ to verify what is being sold. This last part is to ensure nothing disappears and you don’t see all of the profits you’re entitled to, I presume?”

“That is correct, Headmaster,” she answered, also giving him a firm nod.

“It is all very straight forward, although quite vague on some important details. My first question to you is why Hogwarts should pay you anything for this treasure when it is on Hogwarts property?” Dumbledore folded his hands and leaned back in his chair, waiting calmly. He looked to be treating this as a ‘get rich quick scheme.’

“Because, Headmaster. Without me telling you where it is, you’ll never find it. And before you ask, I do know that you’ve searched for it before and failed to find it. One could also say that the treasure is not really on Hogwarts property, but it is easiest to get to it from Hogwarts.” Ginny replied just as calmly.

“I see. And where, exactly is this treasure?” Dumbledore looked very curious.

“It’s in the Chamber of Secrets, Professor.”

That simple statement caused the Headmaster to suddenly sit up very straight. “Miss Weasley. Are you trying to tell me you’ve found this mythical place?”

“Yes. With the proper research, it wasn’t all that hard. You could have found the entrance to it if you had tried harder fifty years ago.” It was all she could do to keep the smile off of her face when she saw his shocked look. A glance to the side showed Harry to be amused and enjoying “the show”.

“Miss Weasley. There is no evidence that it really exists. The story of the mythical place conveniently matched the tragic circumstances of approximately fifty years ago, but the Chamber need not really exist. I and many others searched for it and it has never been found. The circumstances surrounding that unfortunate time have been explained. Why do you think you’ve found it?” Dumbledore leaned forward a little more, his eagerness to hear her answer obvious.

“Because I have, and I won’t answer more on where to find it until that contract is signed.” Dumbledore looked disappointed. “And given enough time, you might actually find the entrance, but you won’t be able to open it without Harry. That’s why he is part of the team. Only he and Tom Riddle can open it.”

“I wondered at Mr Potter’s involvement.”

“He has the necessary, uh, skill to enable us to get to the treasure. You could ask Riddle, but I don’t think he’d be too cooperative, assuming you could track him down,” Ginny said with a grin. At Dumbledore’s surprised look, she added. “And Headmaster, this will also mean that you owe a certain former student an apology and the Ministry owes him a new wand.”

“Because?” Dumbledore was making her spell it out. Why, Ginny did not know.

“Because Hagrid is innocent. He was framed by a very clever and ambitious Slytherin. In fact, the person who really committed the crime is the last of the Slytherin line, according to my research.” At the Headmaster’s surprised look, she tacked on, “Yes, I was also able to figure out who Tom Riddle really is.”

“My I ask how you did that?” He had a piercing look on his face that made Ginny glad she had her necklace on.

“Lot of research. You can ask Madam Pince if you like, and she’ll tell you that I’ve spent a lot of my extra time in the library.” Ginny was not surprised at his answer.

“I am aware of that. I believe that only Miss Granger has spent more time in there than you have.” His twinkle was back in his eyes. “So, you know where the treasure is and how to get to it. What is the treasure that’s worth so much?”

Ginny purposefully waited a few extra seconds to let the anticipation build. “How much would you say we could make off of potions ingredients from a thousand year-old basilisk?”

For the first time in her life, in both timelines, Ginny saw Albus Dumbledore with a shocked expression. “Are you serious, Miss Weasley? Here, at this school?”

She grinned and barely refrained from saying ‘as serious as a heart attack’. She could not let that much of ‘Older Ginny’ out. “My guess is that Salazar Slytherin put it there just before he left the school. The school is a little over a thousand years old, so yes, I’m serious. I would guess it would be about fifty to sixty feet in length. It would be bigger, but it’s probably had to hibernate much of its time to survive this long.”

“Amazing…” Dumbledore leaned back in his chair and considered what she had told him.

“So, do we have a deal, Professor?” Ginny waited patiently, she had the time. Looking at Harry, he seemed fine with waiting too. There was a smirk on his face, from watching the conversation she assumed.

Eventually, Dumbledore seemed to come to a decision. “You seem to treat the King of Serpents very lightly, Miss Weasley. They are quite difficult to kill.”

“As my brother Bill, says, traps are only hard when you don’t know where they are and you don’t know what they are — otherwise, they’re only tedious. I don’t know that I’d want to try it, being only a first year, but the book in the library was quite specific on how to kill one. I think it would be very easy for you Professor, since you know what to you’re going to have to do before you get there.” She looked at him, mentally throwing the argument back.

“I assume you mean in making a rooster crow?” he asked.

“Yes, Professor.”

Dumbledore nodded, before thinking for another long moment. “I see what you mean by ‘harvest’ in the contract. How did you plan for that to occur?”

“You have staff who can do at least part of it. Harry and I can help a little, in addition to double-checking the harvest. If required, we could also hire the work done, but that would decrease our profits.” She stated the obvious to see what the Headmaster would say.

“I see your point. We do have a Potion Master who could do much of the work,” he offered.

“True, but if he does, I will also remind you of the clause in the contract that that says we have to approve who does the work, and if we desire, another person must be present and that person must meet our approval.” Ginny became more serious. “While I will agree that Professor Snape does have the skill, if he does the work, we will require another adult to be present.”

Dumbledore must have found that amusing because he smiled slightly. “Miss Weasley, Professor Snape has my full trust…”

“It is not your trust we question,” Ginny interrupted the Headmaster. “We question what he would do with the opportunity and how he would treat us while we are down there. The extra adult, who we must approve, would be present to curb his barbaric behavior.” That was a bit strong, but Ginny was not going to back down. She had anticipated Snape’s involvement.

“Miss Weasley! That is uncalled for,” the Headmaster rebuked her.

Ginny did not miss a beat. “Headmaster, have you ever observed one of Professor Snape’s classes when he did not know you were there?”

“No, Miss Weasley, I have no need to. I trust him completely,” Dumbledore said with confidence.

“And how many complaints have you had about him over the years, Headmaster?” Ginny asked, a little softer, maneuvering in for the kill.

“Some, but all teachers gather complaints.”

Ginny thought that was one of the most twisted truths she had ever heard. “But using simple math to calculate the average for each teacher, taking the total number of complaints divided by the number of years taught, isn’t Professor Snape far and way the worst?”

“I believe the complaints against him are an anti-Slytherin bias. He is a superb Potions master,” Dumbledore defended his employee.

Ginny skipped his ignoring of her question and leaned forward to make her final point, speaking with fervor. “His Potion Mastery is not the reason for the complaints, Headmaster, as I’m sure you know. It’s his inability to teach and his biased personality that is the problem. I would challenge you to observe all of his classes this coming Thursday morning without him seeing you. Don’t tell him you’ll be doing this and don’t interrupt while you’re there. After that, if you can honestly tell me that Professor McGonagall would act the same way and that he’s only misunderstood as a Slytherin, I’ll withdraw my objections. But I can tell you that my mother would say that he is a man who should not be around children.”

Dumbledore smiled and leaned back in his chair. “While I could, Miss Weasley, why should I? Professor Snape has had his job for the last ten years, and I see no reason to change that.”

“Because you owe it to the school and the students to see that the teachers you have here are the best teachers you can find. Because it’s your job, Headmaster. Because if you really care about the ‘greater good’, then you’ll see if the good of many in the school is being harmed by your loyalty to one man.”

Ginny had done it, she had spoken her mind and felt good about it, but she also knew she had possibly just jeopardized the rest of her plan. No eleven year-old should know that much about how the world works and talk like that, but she did not care in the emotion of the moment. Most of her plan was in motion and could not be stopped. Three more major events and she would be done, but she also really wanted to do something about Snape. Just like Malfoy, Snape would be reformed or removed, one way or another -- if she could help it.

After some thought, Dumbledore said, “I’ll consider your statement and request. As for your contract, I’ll submit it to the Board of Governors. If they approve of it, I’ll sign it with them. Because if your age, one of your parents will have to sign as well.”

While not preferred, Ginny had expected that. She had already decided that her father would be the easiest to persuade. “I understand. If you don’t mind, I’d like to owl my father to visit me on Saturday to discuss this.”

“I will allow that. I will sign for Mr Potter,” Dumbledore said.

“Wait,” Harry spoke up for the first time since the negotiations had started. “Why would you sign for me?” he asked with a very confused tone.

For a brief second, Ginny wondered at the emotion that had flashed on the Headmaster’s face for the briefest of seconds; it had almost looked like fear. A glance at Harry showed her he had caught it too.

“Because you are underage, Mr Potter. Since you do not have a Wizarding guardian, I can sign for you as the Headmaster. You’ll need to sign it too, but my signature will show that an adult is looking out for you,” he said with confidence.

Harry’s face scrunched up slightly as he thought about that. “But who should really be my guardian? Did my parents name you as such?”

Bravo, Harry, Ginny thought, as she watched this play out. This was one more piece of information the Headmaster had keep hidden for too long in the other timeline, at least in her opinion.

“No, Mr Potter, but I do this for all students who do not have parents. There is nothing unusual about this,” he assured his student.

Bollocks, Ginny thought, as she tried to decide if she should step in.

“But, my parents must have written something down. I mean, I doubt I’m all that rich, but wouldn’t they have left some instructions?” Harry wondered out loud.

Ginny could not help herself and snorted — loudly.

Harry looked at her strangely.

“Sorry, Harry,” she told him. “I don’t know where your parents would have left their Will, but your family is old and well known. The Potters weren’t the wealthiest family, but they were quite, uh, comfortable, I guess you could say. Look at the size of your vault, Harry. That’s a trust vault not a family vault. What you know about is only a fraction of the Potter fortune.” As he looked at her in surprise and a little anger, she had to add, “It is common knowledge to everyone who grew up in the Wizarding world. I thought you knew.” That last part was sort of a lie, but she had to say it. Well, it was the truth as far as “New Ginny” was concerned. Only “Old Ginny’s” other timeline knowledge knew differently.

“Really?”

“Yes, really,” she answered quickly before Dumbledore could. “Perhaps Professor Dumbledore knows where their Will might be found or else who would know.” That was evil of her, but she enjoyed the predicament she had put the Headmaster in.

Harry turned to look at the old wizard. “Professor?”

He seemed to deflate. “I’m not really sure where their Will is, Harry. I took over guardianship for you when they died, as there was no one else who could at the moment. In regard to the Potter fortune that Miss Weasley has brought up, I believe that it will come available to you on your seventeenth birthday. I would have told you before then, and it didn’t seem to matter beforehand. I do care for you, lad.”

That was very carefully worded, Ginny thought.

“Well, I believe that’s enough for tonight,” Dumbledore genially said. “I’ll get back with you next week about this contract. Have a good evening, and thank you for giving up the time from the Dueling Club. I hope you can make the next meeting.”

Harry and Ginny both nodded and rose to leave. A quick glance back showed the Headmaster to be looking very thoughtfully at her as they left the office. As they started walking back, each considered the conversation carefully.

In the corridor, Harry turned to his friend as they walked back. “Ginny…”

She placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped him. “Harry,” she whispered, “the portraits can tell the Headmaster what they see and hear.”

He looked at her with alarm and continued to walk without saying anything for a few minutes. As they past an unused classroom, Harry quickly pulled her into it. After looking around to make sure there were no portraits in it, he closed the door. “Can you do that charm again so no one can hear us?”

“You learn fast.” She grinned at him and whispered the spell as she cast it around them. “What’s so secret?” she asked innocently, having a good idea what was on his mind.

“Did you really mean all of that? You know, about the Potter family?” His eyes drilled into hers very seriously.

“Sure, Harry. Like I said, there’s a lot about the Potters that’s common knowledge, like there is about the Weasleys, the Longbottoms, the Bones, the Malfoys, and, well, you know, all the well-known Wizard families. There’s probably even a book in the library with information about your family.” When he did not say anything for a moment, she continued. “You didn’t really know, did you?” He shook his head. “That’s why you do some of the things you do,” she said as if suddenly understanding. “And that’s why Malfoy makes fun of you sometimes. He can tell you don’t know by how you act and what you say.” She shook her head. “We’ve got to help you there, Harry.”

“Duh,” he blandly said. “OK, I can do some research, but what else?” He looked at her expectantly.

“We’ll ask Dad when he comes to visit us. He’ll have some ideas. He may even know who to ask about your family’s Will.” She smiled. “Yeah, Dad will probably know who to ask.” She really did not know if he did or not, but her father knew a lot of things. Thinking back, she was not sure how Harry had come into knowledge about his family vault and other things in the old timeline; he had never told her.

“Thanks, Ginny! You’re really a great friend.” He looked like he wanted to hug her, but did not.

Ginny sighed at the ‘near miss’. “Anytime, Harry, that’s what friends are for. And,” an evil grin lit her face, “think of the fun we can have with Dumbledore. He’s obviously withholding information from you. I’m sure he’ll say it’s for your own good, or that it doesn’t hurt you, but still, it’s your life.”

“Too bloody right,” Harry said with conviction.

“Well, enough here. Let’s go back and see what Hermione thought of the Club. I bet we’ll be glad we skipped it,” she told him with a grin.

“With the gits, Lockhart and Snape, in charge? No doubt, but yeah, she could have a good story for us,” he said with a grin.

Ginny took down her charm and they returned to the Tower, talking of inconsequential things.

When they walked into the common room, it seemed a little louder than usual -- discussion about the Dueling Club, Ginny presumed. Harry touched her arm and pointed over to a couch. There sat Hermione in tears, surrounded by Lavender and Parvati, with Ron kneeling in front of her. They quickly went over.

“What happened?” Harry asked.

Only Ron looked up at him. “They just got back a few minutes ago. I’ve been trying to get the story out of her, but all she’s does is cry.”

Parvati backhanded Ron on the shoulder hard enough that he almost fell over. “Well, you’d cry too if it happened to you.”

“Will you just tell me?” By the sound of his voice, Ron was getting frustrated.

“After a demonstration where Snape knocked Lockhart down,” Lavender started, “they had us pair off and let us try a few things, but that really wasn’t working out very well. So Snape decided to have a pair of students duel on the stage. He picked Malfoy and Lockhart picked Hermione.”

“I bet that would have been me if I had been there,” Harry muttered, probably not meaning to be heard, but everyone in the little group looked at him. He blushed just slightly but looked at their blonde classmate. “What happened next, Lavender?”

“Well, they were supposed to start on the count of three, but Malfoy shot a serpent summoning spell on the count of two. A huge black poisonous snake came and landed right in front of Hermione. While that was scary, Lockhart made it worse by blasting it into the air. When it came back down, still closer to Hermione, the snake was clearly mad and tried to bite her. It barely missed before Snape could get rid of the snake.”

“The bloody bastard,” Ron swore. It was an indication of how upset Hermione was that she only looked at Ron instead of admonishing him for his language.

Shaking her head, Ginny pushed past her brother and pulled Hermione into a hug. The older girl hugged back and held on tightly for a few minutes. “It’s OK, Hermione, it’ll be OK,” Ginny softly told her friend. “Malfoy will get what’s coming to him. You just ignore him and you’ll be OK.”

Eventually, Hermione let Ginny go and wiped her eyes with the back of her hands. “Thanks,” she whispered to her friend.

“Go up and take a hot shower and go to bed early for once. We’ll see you at breakfast.” When Hermione did not move, Ginny grabbed her arm and pulled her up. “Go on,” Ginny urged her and Hermione slowly complied. As soon as she was up the stairs, she turned to the two boys. “Follow me,” she commanded in a voice that did not allow for disobedience as she walked over to an unoccupied corner.

She was not sure Ron could do this, but she had to give him the chance. “Ron, if I let you help us pull a prank, can you not give it away? Or do I need to get our other brothers?”

“You’d let me?” he squeaked in surprise.

“Only if you can do it without giving it away.” She gave him her best stare to see if he would break. It did not take long for him to look away, but he did not start stuttering apologies or say anything else. “OK, if you’re really in, be down here at six tomorrow morning.”

“Six?!” Ron exclaimed. Harry did not look overly happy about that either, but he nodded his acceptance without any omplaint.

“Yes, six. Be here or be left out.” She turned to Harry. “Thanks for your help tonight, Harry.” He nodded to her again.

“Hey, what did you do tonight?” Ron asked. “You said you were going to tell us.”

Ginny smiled. “Dad is coming to visit on Saturday. See you in the morning.”

She left a gaping Ron and a snickering Harry behind. A few minutes later, she was upstairs with her alarm clock set for half five. Satisfied she had a good plan for Malfoy tomorrow morning, she laid down and considered what she could do for her other needed prank.




((A/N: While not helping her complete her reason for coming back in time, this chapter is all important for other reasons. :-))

Reviews 212
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear