Search:

SIYE Time:22:14 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Moments and Memories
By LilyLady

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff, General, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 3
Summary: A songfic about several moments in Harry and Ginny's life together. Begins at the Bill and Fleur's wedding, ends after the epilogue.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4109



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
A songfic dedicated to my dear friend Claire. Inspired more by the “Across the Universe” version of the song than the Beatle’s version (just because of the scene it’s in and the fact that it’s slower). I don’t own the characters and I don’t own the lyrics - they belong to the glorious JK Rowling and the lovely Beatles, respectively. Quoted line is from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 8, American hardback version page 159.




ChapterPrinter


Harry leaned against a pillar, disgusted at watching Ginny dance with Lee Jordan. It should’ve been HIM dancing with her. Despite his anger at the situation, he could not help but be enchanted by the way she moved so gracefully and easily.

Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover


His mind began drifting back, back towards the morning before…to that night in the common room…to those glorious evenings by the lake…the blazing look he’d seen on her face. Oh, how he wished he would be able to see that once again, no matter how selfish it made him!

Something in the way she woos me

By this point he was very seriously considering punching Ron in the gut as a distraction and carting Ginny off into the woods behind the house to finish what she’d begun the previous morning. Though since Ron was his best mate, and he was going to all this trouble for him to help him, he didn’t think it would be the best way to go about things.

I don't want to leave her now

“The ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.” Before he had a chance to think any more about the situation, he was with Ron and Hermione in Muggle London, waiting for what would happen next. Deep down, he knew he’d see her again.

You know I believe, and how

*****

“Gin? You okay?” Harry whispered, staring into her lovely brown eyes. The final battle had not ended even 48 hours previously, and Harry found himself buried inside the only woman he had ever loved. Everything seemed like such a blur.

***
Ginny had found him alone in the common room to Gryffindor tower, Ron and Hermione already having gone up to bed. She came running at him and flung her arms around him, hugging him hard. He had barely gotten his arms around her before she pulled away and began yelling at him.

“How could you do that? I thought you were DEAD!” Upon completion of this sentence, she captured his mouth in a rough but passionate kiss, which he gladly reciprocated. After awhile, the fight and fire seemed to gradually leave her, and she sunk into his arms, crying. Harry was too tired to be bewildered by this behavior. And, he thought, it was not entirely uncalled for. He’d just been through an emotional experience as well.

“Ginny,” he whispered, “I’m sorry. I had to…to save you. I love you, Ginny. I should have told you a long time ago.” She continued sobbing into his chest, mumbling words that sounded like “dead”, “scared”, “gone”, and, perhaps most heartbreaking, “Fred.” He held her for what could have been a few minutes, or several hours, but to him it mattered not. He was alive, Ginny was alive, and they were together.

Several hours later they woke up, still cuddled upon the couch together. Mrs. Weasley had come up to check on them and felt it prudent to wake them, if for no other reason than food. A tray of sandwiches was available, along with pumpkin juice. Mrs. Weasley seemed rather more somber than usual, and left them quite quickly. As they ate, they speculated on whether Ron and Hermione had come down yet, or what they may be up to. Each tried very hard to not talk about any of the previous night’s events.

Once they finished eating, however, there was nothing left but awkward silence.

“You don’t have to talk about anything, yet,” Ginny broke the silence. Harry simply nodded.

“I know.” Neither spoke for several minutes more.

“Harry?” Ginny began. He looked up at her, acknowledging her. “I…I love you, too.” Despite everything he felt churning inside him, he grinned. That special, lopsided grin he reserved just for her. And she knew.

“I want you, Harry.” It was not a question, it was a simple fact. And he knew he wanted her too. They snuck quietly up to Harry’s bed in the dormitory, thankfully finding Ron and Hermione were nowhere to be found.
***

“Yes, Harry, I’m okay,” she answered him as he moved in her. She couldn’t remember feeling more complete, more loved. She smiled up at him, and he knew he never wanted this to end.

Somewhere in her smile she knows
That I don't need no other lover
Something in her style that shows me
Don't want to leave her now
You know I believe and how


*****

“A ren’t you nervous?” Ron asked incredulously. It was the day Harry was to marry Ginny, uniting them forever. “One bird for the rest of your life?”

“Ron, you DO realize you’re talking about your own sister, correct?” Harry pointed out with a grin. “And besides, I don’t want anyone else. You know we’re meant to be together.”

“Alright, alright, enough of the sappy stuff. We ARE blokes, you know,” Ron said gruffly. Harry just laughed.

What seemed like only moments later, Harry was staring at his beautiful bride, vowing his love to her.

You're asking me will my love grow
I don't know, I don't know
You stick around now it may show
I don't know, I don't know


“I’ll do my best, in honor of you, all my life,” he ended. Then he kissed her, and the world seemed perfect.

*****

“What’s that?” Ron asked, peering over Harry’s shoulder at lunch.

“Always a nosy git,” Harry grumbled good-naturedly, before passing the bit of parchment to Ron.

Harry could not help but smile at the note his dear wife had put in his lunchbox.

Something in the way she knows

It read, simply, “I love you”, accompanied by what he thought was supposed to be a drawing of the family cat, signed by Lily, his darling daughter.

And all I have to do is think of her

He didn’t think he could ever love anybody as much as when he held that little girl in his arms.

Something in the things she shows me

James’ drawing was absent, as he considered himself “too cool” to do such things, they were for “sissies.”

“What’s this supposed to be?” Ron asked, pointing to the misshapen blob on the paper.

“Why, that’s our cat, of course,” Harry replied, as though Ron should have known such things. He always was thick, and nothing had changed. But Harry wouldn’t have him any other way. To this day, he couldn’t be more grateful that they were all simply alive.

*****

“ Goodnight, my precious witch,” Harry whispered in Ginny’s ear. They’d just finished making love for the second time that night. Little did he know that nine months from then they would have a lovely little souvenir of their tryst. He smiled as she cuddled closer to him, and wrapped his arms tighter around her.

Don't want to leave her now

This, he thought, was simple perfection.

You know I believe and how
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear