Search:

SIYE Time:6:54 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Double Trouble
By Harryholic

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Twin Travel Challenge (2008-3)
Characters:None
Genres: Drama, Humor
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 10
Summary: When Harry and Ginny’s children travel back in time, chaos and confusion reigns as these marauders are sure to leave behind a trail of mayhem wherever they go. Written for the Siye Twin Travel Challenge.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6436



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is the first fic I’ve ever posted, so feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also, the warnings are just to be on the safe side. Enjoy!




ChapterPrinter


Chapter 1: Mistaken Identity

An unnatural silence pervaded The Burrow as the Weasley family plus Harry and Hermione stared uncomprehendingly at the bright yellow canary seated in Mrs. Weasley’s place.

“Oh oh.” Fred and George exchanged worried glances before high tailing it out of the kitchen. Their progress was impeded by the sudden appearance of two small children and the four figures ended up sprawled on the living room floor in an ungainly heap.

“Who’re you?” Fred and George chorused as the whole family entered the living room, wands at the ready.

“Look what you did James! Mum’s gonna murder us!” A young girl of about six years accused her companion.

“I didn’t do anything Lily!” The dark haired boy called James defended himself.

“Well, I didn’t do it.” The red haired girl’s emerald eyes flashed in anger.

“What exactly did happen?” James’ chocolate brown eyes scanned his surroundings curiously.

“Uncle George, there’s two of you!” The girl exclaimed in astonishment. “And mum, your hair’s all long!” Lily was staring oddly at Ginny whilst the Weasley’s all muttered about the odd designation.

“Aunt Hermione, what happened to your belly -,” James began suspiciously.

“- and the baby?” Lily finished.

“B-b-baby?” Ron squeaked, his eyes boring into the back of Hermione’s head. The two young children looked worriedly at each other and seemed to be communicating without words before a sudden BOOM that seemed to originate from the children rocked the ramshackle house, distracting those gathered around the children.

“Let’s show these Death Eaters what the Potter twins are made of.” Lily whispered to her brother. The twins scurried into the kitchen and began tinkering expertly with the plumbing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile in the living room, Mrs. Weasley, who had returned to human form, was arguing with Mr. Weasley, Bill, Charlie and Harry about the motives of the adorable children who had broken past the Burrow’s defenses.

“They’re only children! They can’t harm a thing!” Mrs. Weasley cried, thrilled at the prospect of grandchildren, no matter how surreal the situation.

“But Molly, they could be Death Eaters in disguise!” Mr. Weasley rationalized.

“I don’t know what they are, but I think we should find them and then question them — but be gentle with them in case they really are children.” Ginny piped up, tired of all the arguing.

The occupants of the Burrow split up the areas of the Burrow and set off to search for the ‘Potter twins’ in groups of two.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Upon entering the kitchen, Ron and Hermione were drenched with water. The young twins had managed to flood the room in a matter of minutes. While Ron lamented the soggy remains of his favorite Cannons jersey, Hermione rushed toward the children, intent on catching the mischievous kids. Lily and James simply smirked before dumping a large bottle of soap into the standing water. The twin’s escape was made flawlessly as Hermione and Ron were swallowed in bubbles of Gilderoy Lockhart’s Self-Washing dish detergent.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In the family room, Bill and Charlie were setting up an array of elaborate charms, jinxes and wards to help incapacitate the imposters. The twins were easily able to beat their beloved uncles by simply tugging at the floor attachments on the carpet. The self-tidying-easy-to-carry rug rolled itself up, along with Bill and Charlie, and moved quickly to a corner of the room, ready to transport in a moment’s notice. “Uncle Bill never suspects the simple things.” James said, shaking his messy hair and thinking of his cool curse-breaker uncle who always managed to make the simplest problems eight-dimensional.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

When Fred and George found the twins, they were greeted by a truly eerie sight. Earlier that week, Harry had been showing Ginny the intricacies of a toasoter or some such for one of her Muggle Studies projects. The exact same sight met their eyes now, except for the small difference that the two figures, who looked remarkably similar to their sister and benefactor, feet were nowhere near touching the ground from where they sat on the stools.

“Get ‘em Gred!” Called one of the twins while the other bellowed a war cry.

“Not so fast Death Eaters!” James called out bravely before releasing the appliance in his hands. Fred and George watched, dumbfounded, as the toasoter grew to five times it’s size. “Go on Carmella! Get those phonies!” James encouraged the toasoter, and it did exactly that. The older pair of twins began dodging wildly as the oversized appliance began chasing them in earnest, shooting out engorged crumbs.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Potter twin’s next targets were their supposed grandparents, who had followed their sons outside upon hearing their frantic screams. With a few well-practiced annoying actions, the twins were easily able to create a ruckus among the normally easy-going chickens residing at the Burrow and direct their fury at the oncoming adults. Needless to say, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were too bruised and battle-weary to continue their quest to capture the mischievous invaders.

“Eight down, two to go.” Lily and James high-fived before rushing off to find the Death Eaters posing as their parents. Suddenly, a strong gust of wind began circling around the duo.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Harry called from above. He and Ginny were flying around the children on their broomsticks.

“We’re not scared of you. Our real parents will come save us!” Lily yelled, a hint of fear entering her voice as they were backed into a corner. Ginny, noticing the quiver in the young girl’s brave statement and the honest terror in the children’s eyes touched down lightly on the ground before them.

“I’m unarmed.” She said, giving the trapped children her wand.

“Ginny! What are you doing?” Harry, who was still wary of the children, yelled apprehensively.

“Hush and get down here Harry! Can’t you see you’re scaring them?” Ginny rebuked.

Surprisingly, Harry listened, though he didn’t seem too thrilled at the prospect. “It’s all right, we’re not going to hurt you. We just want to know who your parents are so that we can return you to them.” Ginny said soothingly to the children. Harry made a face that clearly showed he didn’t believe the children’s story for a second.

“We’re not Death Eaters.” Ginny and Lily said simultaneously, identical looks of frustration crossing their faces.

“Prove it!” Harry and James challenged each other.

“You look exactly like our mum and dad, and you have the same names too. What is it that you’re trying to do? Aunt Hermione told us about Polyjuice potion, you know.” James spoke up, pondering just what could be the motives of the seemingly nice couple.

”Hey, did Hermione tell you what how she learned about Polyjuice?” Harry asked.

“Meow.” The twins chorused, falling into gales of laughter.

“What was that?” Ginny whispered to Harry, who was having a hard time holding back his chuckles.

“Would you like to tell your…Ginny and me how you came to know about that incident?” Harry questioned.

The twins began to warm to the alternate versions of their parents when they realized that they were not going to harm them and when Harry and Ginny showed a caring and concern that the children knew could not be faked by heartless Death Eaters. “Well, we were having defense lessons with Aunt Hermione -,”

“Wait a second! Defense lessons? You guy’s are only, what, 6 years old?” Harry interrupted Lily.

“Actually, today is James’ 7th birthday.” Lily said primly.

“Well, happy birthday James.” Ginny said, smiling benevolently at the quiet boy. “What about you Lily? I thought you were twins…”

“Tomorrow’s was my birthday.” Lily informed them.“He was born at 11:58 on August 5th, and I was born at 12:02m on August 6th. Daddy always tells us that we were born exactly in the middle of his and mummy’s birthdays because we’re so special to both of you - them.” Lily continued regaling the group with tales of Daddy did this and Mummy said that until they all reached the house to find utter chaos.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 2: Clarification

Once the house was returned to it’s original properly carpeted, flood free, chicken and toasterless state, the Weasley family plus four gathered once again in the living room to discuss the odd turn of events.

“So, could you tell us how you got here, sweetie?” Mrs. Weasley asked Lily, who seemed to be the more talkative of the duo.

“Lily, we were at our birthday party, and James and I were just about to make a wish and blow out the candles on our birthday cake. Right when the candles went out, this weird whistling noise started up and everything turned all blurry and rainbow colours started popping up everywhere — actually, it felt sort of like a Portkey — and then we landed here and got knocked over by the two Uncle George’s. When we saw all of you, we thought you were our family, but then everyone looked different and it looked just like when Aunt Hermione was teaching us about imposters. After Teddy almost got kidnapped by the Death Eaters, all the Weasley-Potter children had to take defense lessons in case that happens to us too. Uncle George says our family has a lot of enemies.” Lily finished her tale.

“You definitely know what this means, don’t you?” Hermione asked the room at large. Everyone stared cluelessly at her until a small voice piped up.

“If you really are our family, and everyone’s just younger, and you don’t know us, then I’m guessing we must have time-traveled to a time before we were born somehow.” James deduced. Everyone looked toward Hermione and calls of “smart kid” rang through the room at her nod of confirmation.

“Well, if that’s so, future Hermione sure has done a great job preparing these kids. I can’t believe they got us all so easily!” Bill said, chagrined that he had been bested by two seven-year-olds.

“That’s great, but how did the kids get here in the first place?” Charlie asked, scratching his head in confusion.

“I think,” Hermione began, “that the key may have been the fact that it’s their birthday!”

“What?” Asked Ron.

“I read somewhere that birthday magic is very powerful and can make things that are ordinarily out of reach, even for wizards, become possible if all steps are met.”

“What steps are those dear?” Mrs. Weasley asked, momentarily lifting her adoring gaze from the grandchildren that would one day be hers.

“Well, first of all it has to be the child’s birthday — this is a special brand of magic that only works for children. They have to have been thinking about the wish for several hours before hand, and they must be focusing on that wish when they blow out the candles of the birthday cake — which must have the exact number of candles as their current age. The timing must be absolutely perfect, or else the magic does not work. Also, the wish cannot be something of a selfish nature.”

“Wait, so if we wish for anything on our birthday -,” Ron began.

“Weren’t you listening?” Hermione scolded. “It only works for children.”

“So, who wished what?” Ginny called loudly to break up the bickering between Ron and Hermione that was sure to ensue. She seemed to have momentarily gotten over her embarrassment at having her future children present, though Harry’s skin was still decidedly Weasley red.

“Well, I wished for a pony, so remember to get me a pony for my seventh birthday daddy.” Lily beamed angelically up at Harry, who couldn’t help but melt at the innocent look in her emerald eyes.

“Wrapped around her finger, you are.” Ron teased. “And she’s not even born yet!”

“Well, I think it’s sweet.” Ginny defended her future husband. Harry turned even redder and tried to shrink into the wallpaper.

“So, James, what did you wish for?” Hermione gently asked the thoughtful boy.

“Well, dad and I were looking at old pictures, and I saw Teddy’s mum and dad and loads of other people who died, and everyone looked so sad. I, I sorta wanted to help get rid of Voldemort and the Death Eaters earlier so that all those people wouldn’t die, but I didn’t know this would happen! I swear I didn’t mean to!” James was in tears by the end of his explanation.

“Oh Jamie! That’s a very noble goal, and we all appreciate that you wanted to help. You’re not in trouble sweetie!” Ginny whispered softly in the boy’s ear, hugging him tightly. The Weasley family, feeling awkward, tiptoed out of the room and left the Potter family in peace. When Harry tried to follow them out, he was stopped by a killer glare from Ginny. She motioned subtly with her head toward Lily, who was looking quite lost, before focusing once again on reassuring James. “We’ll find a way to get you two home.” Ginny assured both children. “For now, I think it’s bedtime.” Harry just nodded along with whatever Ginny said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Once the children had brushed their teeth and changed into their pajamas they automatically went into Ginny’s room and stood at the door expectantly. “Umm…why are you standing here?” Harry asked.

“You have to duplicate the bed daddy!” Lily said with Ginny’s patented ‘duh, how stupid can you be’ expression on her face.

“We’re not allowed to do magic out of school yet, so I’ll just get your granddad then, shall I?” Harry asked before turning to get Mr. Weasley.

“Honestly Harry, Dumbledore’s put so many enchantments on this place since you came, I doubt the Ministry would notice a few more.” Ginny said, waving her wand and producing another bed, which took up all the space in the small room. “Get in kids. No talking — straight to sleep you two!” Ginny warned, perfectly at ease in the mothering role she had been suddenly pushed into. Harry, on the other hand, was having a little more trouble.

“Daddy, can you tell us a story?” Lily asked, pouting adorably when Harry started
to shake his head fearfully.

“C’mon dad! You always tell us a story.” James joined Lily’s pleads.

“Umm…ok.” Harry began nervously, but soon he was weaving a tale of brave knights and lovely princesses and the occasional Hungarian Horntail as well. Soon, the children were fast asleep; their peaceful faces donning contented smiles.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“So, what’re we going to do?” Ginny asked Harry shyly; changing instantly from the mothering girl she had been around the children to the timid, elbow-in-the-butter-dish girl she had been for the last few years around Harry.

“I guess we’ll have to find a way to get those kids back to their own time…” Harry trailed off, the thought that he would be marrying little Ginny Weasley in the future finally percolating through his thick brain.

“What about us?” Ginny asked, afraid of what the answer would be.

“I guess we just sort of let it alone?” Harry’s answer was more of a question.

“Fine.” Ginny said before turning on her heel and leaving Harry to ponder what exactly he had done wrong.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 3: Trouble Arises

The next day Harry, who had spent the night worrying about how the appearance of their children would affect his next to nonexistent relationship with the youngest Weasley, entered the kitchen to an abnormally normal scene. James was leaning against Ginny and calmly eating his eggs whilst Lily was chattering away at Ginny from her other side. Ginny seemed to be taking it all in stride, reminding Lily to chew with her mouth closed and easily breaking up fights between the twins over the prize in the cereal box. The rest of the Weasley’s had also adapted to the new children with ease and it was breakfast as usual at the Burrow.

“So, ickle Harrykins, what do have you to say for yourself?” George asked, taking him aside from the daily affairs of the household.

“What do you mean?”

“We mean, what have you done to our sister Potter?” Charlie asked menacingly. Bill was standing nearby polishing his wand.

“I haven’t done anything!” Harry promised.

“Well, obviously you’ve shagged her. How else would you have two children?” Fred challenged.

“Ummm…in vitro fertilization?” Harry squeaked.

“What?” The five present Weasley boys all asked confusedly.

“Muggle thing.” Harry waved it off.

“Right…” The Weasley boys muttered confusedly before getting back to the business of intimidating Harry. Seeing the threatening looks on the faces of the Weasley boys, Harry put his lithe form and ample experience running from Dudley to good use and ran away from them as fast as possible. In the middle of the great chase, the Weasley’s Floo was suddenly activated and a handsome boy of about 15 stepped coolly out of the Weasley’s fireplace.

“Michael!” Ginny gasped. Her boyfriend was standing in her kitchen, she had two of her future children with another guy crowding around her, and her mum and dad were sure to start lecturing her about the propriety of having a boyfriend at her age any minute now. She loved her life. With a sigh, Ginny sent the children to “go play with daddy,” before turning to deal with her overly eager boyfriend and her overly curious family.

“Everyone, LEAVE!” Ginny ordered her family.

“Not so fast sis. How do you know he’s not a Death Eater too?” Bill asked.

“Tell me something only you and I know.” Ginny said.

“Umm…we met at the Yule Ball last year.” Michael said hesitantly.

“Malfoy could’ve told us that.” Ron said.

“Umm…our first kiss was in an alcove during the Yule ball and Snape caught us?” Michael’s words turned into a question.

“You WHAT?!?” All the Weasley males, including her father, yelled in shock.

“He’s not a Death Eater — GET OUT!” Ginny yelled. Once the remaining people had vacated the kitchen, Ginny concentrated on getting rid of her boyfriend. “So, what’re you doing here?”

“You invited me over — remember?” Michael responded, miffed that his girlfriend had forgotten about him.

“Oh. Sorry about that, but a couple of my cousins are here for the day and I really wanted to spend some time with them, so do you mind coming back some other time?” Ginny asked.

“Why don’t I hang out with you and your cousins?” Michael asked logically.

Ginny got a mischievous look in her sparkling eyes before leaning in slowly to kiss him. “We can’t do that with innocent little seven-year-olds running about the house.” She teased.

“Well…I guess I could come back next week.” Michael agreed, his eyes slightly glazed.

“Thanks.” Ginny grinned before leaning in to kiss him again. They were broken apart by a small squeak coming from the partially open doorway. “Whoever’s spying on me — there’ll be hell to pay if you don’t leave NOW!” Ginny called to whatever brother she assumed was at the door. With a last “See you Michael,” a crisis was averted as Ginny’s boyfriend stumbled back through the Floo.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In the Living room, James was brooding in a corner. Harry knew he had to do something, but he had no idea what. With a shove from Hermione, Harry moved awkwardly toward the sulking little miniature of himself.

“Hey James. Is something wrong?”

“Maybe. Dad, do you love mummy?” James asked quietly. Harry looked around in panic, hoping inspiration would strike him, or at least someone would come over to help him out.

“Well, er, you see James, in this time, your *gulp* mum and I aren’t dating, see? So we’re not really at the l-l-love stage yet,” Harry managed to mumble out.

“So, it’s OK that mummy’s kissing someone else?”

“WHAT!?!” Harry yelped, attracting odd looks from the other occupants of the room. “How, why, what?” Harry’s stomach began to churn unpleasantly at the thought of some random bloke snogging his future wife.

“But you’ll make sure she loves you, right dad?” James asked. “Otherwise Lily and I won’t exist!” It was then that Harry decided he would do anything in his power to make that future come true. He wanted those wonderful kids that he’d just gotten to know, and the Ginny who wasn’t all shy and hesitant, and the puppy Lily was yapping on about on the other side of the room and the life that would someday make them all happy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 4: Goodbye

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Lily and James, happy birthday to you!” The Weasley’s plus Harry and Hermione sang exuberantly. James and Lily took one last look around before simultaneously blowing out the seven candles on their birthday cake as Lily concentrated hard on wishing she was back home. The last candle went out, and with it so did the area where the two children were previously seated.

The general atmosphere of the room could be summed up in one short, well-worded sentence.

“I’m gonna miss the little munchkins.”







Bonus phrases used:
“Prove it.”
“You definitely know what this means, don’t you?”
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear